HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Good luck and best wishes always! :thumbs: :thumbs:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Free at last, free at last, thank Buddha almighty we're free at last!!! :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

NO MORE USCIS!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Chutima became a U.S. Citizen today, along with 98 other people from 41 different countries!!! :D

Though the journey can be difficult and expensive, its worth it in the end! :yes:

Good luck to everyone else! :thumbs:

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Brother Roi is Chutima's Oath Ceremony today?

Whoops! NEVER MIND! <hahaha> As I was FastReplying this I looked up to the last posting and saw that it indeed was!

Congratulations Brother! AAm and I could not be happier for you both (we know what you've gone through!

Peace and Buddha's blessings to you both...and we'll see you in Chiang Mai, where the Chang will flow like wine!

Brother Mark

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Timeline
Brother Roi is Chutima's Oath Ceremony today?

Whoops! NEVER MIND! <hahaha> As I was FastReplying this I looked up to the last posting and saw that it indeed was!

Congratulations Brother! AAm and I could not be happier for you both (we know what you've gone through!

Peace and Buddha's blessings to you both...and we'll see you in Chiang Mai, where the Chang will flow like wine!

Brother Mark

Thank you brother Mark! Blessings to you and AAm as well, and I look forward to drinking Chang with you soon! :thumbs:

K-1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

I-751 Timeline

N-400 Timeline

Timeline

Congratulations Robert & Chutima. :dance: :dance: Best wishes to you both. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

Timeline
Congratulations Robert & Chutima. :dance::dance: Best wishes to you both. :thumbs::thumbs:

ขอบคุณมากครับ คุณ Luke!

:)

Edited by *Robert*

K-1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

I-751 Timeline

N-400 Timeline

Timeline

We're a long way from being where you are now Robert, but it's good to know that with perciverence we can reach our goals. A big Congratulations to the two of you!

Free at last, free at last, thank Buddha almighty we're free at last!!! :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

NO MORE USCIS!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Chutima became a U.S. Citizen today, along with 98 other people from 41 different countries!!! :D

Though the journey can be difficult and expensive, its worth it in the end! :yes:

Good luck to everyone else! :thumbs:

Congratulations!

Timeline
Congratulations Robert & Chutima. :dance::dance: Best wishes to you both. :thumbs::thumbs:

ขอบคุณมากครับ คุณ Luke!

ครับพม I know how you both felt. I was relieved when I got my citizenship in 1990. Mine was pretty quick because I was in the military at the time. I had helps from my 1st Sgt. & Commander to expedite my process though. I have to wait a little longer now for my wife to obtain her 10 yrs GC & citizenship. Anyway, Congrats again.

Thai Style USA

Our Links:

Timeline

ขอบคุณมากครับ คุณ Luke!

ครับพม I know how you both felt. I was relieved when I got my citizenship in 1990. Mine was pretty quick because I was in the military at the time. I had helps from my 1st Sgt. & Commander to expedite my process though. I have to wait a little longer now for my wife to obtain her 10 yrs GC & citizenship. Anyway, Congrats again.

I think it is great that you got your citizenship through serving in the USAF. I myself am a Navy veteran, but currently work for the 45th SW here at Patrick AFB and Cape Canaveral AFS as an Air Force civilian launching rockets for a living! In my squadron, 45th RMS, we have 2 Filipino MSgts, but we don't have any Thai nationals. :( I do know of one Thai Capt in the 1st SLS, but that's all. The DoD is all I have known throughout my career as I have worked for the DoD in one form or another since I was 17. Thank you for your service to our country and for being one of the many proud Airmen in the USAF! :thumbs:

K-1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

I-751 Timeline

N-400 Timeline

I found a phone company that will give you a phone number with two lines and UNLIMITED calling around the US AND to Thailand (and several other countries) for $7.95 a month. No setup fees, no contracts, no taxes. I don't know how they will stay in business doing that, but right now it works. Remember: It's not just long distance. They provide you home phone service for that price as well.

You do need to buy a VOIP router or provide your own. You need to be a bit tech savvy to get it set up. There is almost ZERO customer service and for that price you should not expect any. This is a do it yourself phone service to a large extent. I would not consider using this as my only phone, but its great to have in addition to you mobile phone. If you have problems getting a multi computer home network working, you should probably look elsewhere. But once you get it working the calls are very clear. My wife says the calls to her parents are as clear as being in the next room.

I successfully unlocked the old Linksys SPA2012 VOIP router that SunRocket gave me before they went bankrupt, and I got it to work with this service after fooling around with it for a few days.

The company is Versafon.com

If you happen to have an SPA2012, I may be able to help with the settings. I will warn you, however that if you got it from Sunrocket, unlocking it is quite a chore!

Edited by toma1

So in the excruciating count down to interview time, my fiancee is obsessing about all the possible things that can go wrong in the interview and have the visa denied. I don't recall seeing anyone denied from the Bangkok embassy for a K-1 and post about it here. Anyone know of anyone denied and why?

Knowing that, more than likely, it'll be a 5-10 min thing and no problems is unfortunately not comforting at this particular moment. Any good strategies for reassuring a worrying Thai fiancee in the home stretch? ;)

So in the excruciating count down to interview time, my fiancee is obsessing about all the possible things that can go wrong in the interview and have the visa denied. I don't recall seeing anyone denied from the Bangkok embassy for a K-1 and post about it here. Anyone know of anyone denied and why?

Most people are eventually approved. Bangkok is better than many other places, that's for sure. But if you haven't seen any denials, then I think you probably didn't go back far enough. There are lots that have not been approved on the first try. Many of those got a visa on the second try. I think the most common reason was that the embassy did not believe the relationship was real.

From what I can tell, the more reasons the beneficiary has NOT to leave Thailand, the more likely the visa is to be granted. For example:

Things like this tend to result in a favorable decision on the first try:

has a good job

owns property in Thailand

has money

has a college education

speaks English fluently

is from Bangkok

long relationships

Things like this tend to cause more scrutiny:

not enough photos of you together in different places at widely different times

does not speak English well (especially if you do not speak Thai)

no high school education

no job/money

is from the Northeast

short relationships

ever worked in a bar

Timeline

Most people are eventually approved. Bangkok is better than many other places, that's for sure. But if you haven't seen any denials, then I think you probably didn't go back far enough. There are lots that have not been approved on the first try. Many of those got a visa on the second try. I think the most common reason was that the embassy did not believe the relationship was real.

From what I can tell, the more reasons the beneficiary has NOT to leave Thailand, the more likely the visa is to be granted. For example:

has a good job

has money

has a college education

speaks English fluently

is from Bangkok

long relationships

no high school education

no job/money

is from the Northeast

short relationships

ever worked in a bar

Hmm, I'm not sure I agree with your lists. In fact, the only ones I agree with are from your 2nd list are:

• not enough photos of you together in different places at widely different times
  • ever worked in a bar
  • (possibly) short relationships
The rest of your items sound more like speculation and I'm curious how you came up with these lists. For example, how would the CO even know if the applicant has money or owns property? This information is never requested on any of the spousal or fiancee visa forms I've seen. Edited by rsn

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

has a good job

has money

has a college education

speaks English fluently

is from Bangkok

long relationships

no high school education

no job/money

is from the Northeast

short relationships

ever worked in a bar

Hmm, I'm not sure I agree with your list. In fact, the only ones I agree with are from your 2nd list are:

• not enough photos of you together in different places at widely different times
  • ever worked in a bar
  • (possibly) short relationships
The rest of your items sound more like speculation and I'm curious how you came up with these lists. For example, how would the CO even know if the applicant has money or owns property? This information is never requested on any of the spousal or fiancee visa forms I've seen.

Perhaps income is simply correlated with education and job, which IS asked on the forms and I have never heard of a 4-year college graduate with a good job in Thailand being refused. Call it speculation if you like, but I have not seen it happen. There are people who have been around here longer than me, however. Maybe one of them can provide an example.

The English issue is clear. Women that speak English poorly seem to be treated very poorly in the BKK embassy. Women that speak fluently tend to be treated very well. This issue has come up many times.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.