HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Wow! She's done already! Su passed her K1 interview. Only 90 minutes from start to finish. She was planning to spend half the day there. She was asked to interview in English though. Wasn't expecting that. It's okay though, it's all over now. Yay!!! :dance:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ขอแสดงความยินดี ครับ :thumbs::dance::thumbs::dance::thumbs:

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Kang Lang,

Long time no talk!

I haven't been on visa journey, specifically the sawasdee thread, for a LONG, LONG time. Weird, considering I'd go on here billions of times throughout the day posting on the sawasdee thread.

Kang Lang, how is your guys A.O.S. going? I remember you were updating me on your situation but that was awhile back when I last heard how everything was going for you guys.

Hope all is well.

Devkpaik!

Good to see you back here...we were called up for interview which I expected given our late filing. Was no problem at all execpt for one weird thing I found out after our interview. About a month after I ran into a former colleague at the gas station and he ended up telling me the interviewer was his wife and she had told him about it. Not problematic since we are legitimate and I'm confident we would have been approved anyway but just weird from an ethical standpoint. Wonder if she should have even done the interview?

How is married life? Have you done your AOS yet? I do hope all is well, don't be a stranger.

Wow! She's done already! Su passed her K1 interview. Only 90 minutes from start to finish. She was planning to spend half the day there. She was asked to interview in English though. Wasn't expecting that. It's okay though, it's all over now. Yay!!! :dance:

Pii Sam, congrats on the approval!

Edited by Kang Lang

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Congrats!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congratulations! :thumbs: :thumbs:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congrats Pii Sam!

Tea was supposed to go and pick up her visa today. The (insert expletive) Embassy didn't have the visa ready. She was told that the computer was down, the document person on Friday had taken a day off, and that the woman who did the interview was sick again.

I'm steaming mad, but I'm not sure if there is anything I can do. She had her visa interview rescheduled on Wednesday, and now she can't even pick up her visa at the appointed time. They are not being very professional over there.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Congrats Pii Sam!

Tea was supposed to go and pick up her visa today. The (insert expletive) Embassy didn't have the visa ready. She was told that the computer was down, the document person on Friday had taken a day off, and that the woman who did the interview was sick again.

I'm steaming mad, but I'm not sure if there is anything I can do. She had her visa interview rescheduled on Wednesday, and now she can't even pick up her visa at the appointed time. They are not being very professional over there.

Welcome to Thailand. I think as soon as they get off the plane they take the Thai attitude of "who gives a $hit" She'll get it though eventually.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline
Congrats Pii Sam!

Last week Su was told to pick up her visa on Tuesday the 20th (today in Thailand). It's gonna be a bummer if she goes all the way down there, and they don't have it ready. She doesn't live too far from the embassy but it's still a real inconvenience, not to mention a terrible let down. Hopefully they'll both have their visas very quickly.

Timeline

I took Tea down to the Embassy today just to make sure she got her visa. She did not sleep at all last night, because they guy who told her it wasn't ready also implied that there might be a problem with it. It really pisses me off to see a Thai national use his position at the Embassy to one-up my fiance and cause her to lose sleep.

At the embassy today, they did not want to let me in. When I explained that she had already passed her interview, but had not received her visa they still did not let me in.

So I started to ask the guy why he wouldn't let me in, and he couldn't answer me. So instead I asked him for his name, and he ran away. Next the head security guy came out, and again he wouldn't tell me why I couldn't go inside, but did offer to get the Immigrant visa unit on the phone. Unfortunately he couldn't figure out how to use the phone. He did tell me his name though, 'Suraiphum'.

Finally the three girls that work in the Immigrant Visa unit came out, they were leaving for the day. They also did not want to give me their names, but were a little more understanding when I explained to them, that this was my fourth trip to the Embassy, and that I didn't think Tea had been treated very well. I informed them, that I just wanted to know why she didn't get the visa yesterday, and why I couldn't come inside today. I asked them for their names, and the name of the person in charge, but they refused, citing some kind of policy (what policy? they all wear nametags). Once again they got on the phone, but by that time Tea was coming out visa in hand. I had managed to entertain myself, but I was upset again, when I found out that they had been shouting at my fiance to 'control her husband'.

I didn't need to be controlled, they needed to be accountable for not processing visas correctly, and for being rude to my fiance. If one guy can go the Embassy and throw everyone into a panic by just asking 'Who?' and 'Why?' a bunch of times, then the place is a mess.

I feel that some of the Thai nationals that work at the Embassy have taken to writing their own policy, I don't think it would stand up under scrutiny. There really needs to be an American at that gate, to handle these sorts of situations. I'd definitely appreciate more transparency and accountability at that Embassy, although I know even if I write my congressman, we're never going to see anything change.

Timeline
I took Tea down to the Embassy today just to make sure she got her visa. She did not sleep at all last night, because they guy who told her it wasn't ready also implied that there might be a problem with it. It really pisses me off to see a Thai national use his position at the Embassy to one-up my fiance and cause her to lose sleep.

At the embassy today, they did not want to let me in. When I explained that she had already passed her interview, but had not received her visa they still did not let me in.

So I started to ask the guy why he wouldn't let me in, and he couldn't answer me. So instead I asked him for his name, and he ran away. Next the head security guy came out, and again he wouldn't tell me why I couldn't go inside, but did offer to get the Immigrant visa unit on the phone. Unfortunately he couldn't figure out how to use the phone. He did tell me his name though, 'Suraiphum'.

Finally the three girls that work in the Immigrant Visa unit came out, they were leaving for the day. They also did not want to give me their names, but were a little more understanding when I explained to them, that this was my fourth trip to the Embassy, and that I didn't think Tea had been treated very well. I informed them, that I just wanted to know why she didn't get the visa yesterday, and why I couldn't come inside today. I asked them for their names, and the name of the person in charge, but they refused, citing some kind of policy (what policy? they all wear nametags). Once again they got on the phone, but by that time Tea was coming out visa in hand. I had managed to entertain myself, but I was upset again, when I found out that they had been shouting at my fiance to 'control her husband'.

I didn't need to be controlled, they needed to be accountable for not processing visas correctly, and for being rude to my fiance. If one guy can go the Embassy and throw everyone into a panic by just asking 'Who?' and 'Why?' a bunch of times, then the place is a mess.

I feel that some of the Thai nationals that work at the Embassy have taken to writing their own policy, I don't think it would stand up under scrutiny. There really needs to be an American at that gate, to handle these sorts of situations. I'd definitely appreciate more transparency and accountability at that Embassy, although I know even if I write my congressman, we're never going to see anything change.

Sounds like a pretty typical government operation, actually. Don't sweat it - it's over now and there is nothing any of us can do to change a thing. The government does it's own thing regardless of what the people it represents actually want. Sounds like the DOS outsources its embassy functions. We all know how well outsourcing works in the corporate world. :lol:

Congrats on finally getting the visa. Sorry you had such a poor experience.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Timeline

Just a little insight. I read that a couple years ago some guy punched the CO when his fiances K-1 wasn't approved and that's what set off all this not allowing the petitioner in to the interview. I was actually allowed in after we received 221g to submit more evidence, but lately the petitioner has not been allowed in for the initial interview.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

Being an American at an American Consulate gives you no more rights or privileges than you would get at a USCIS office here in the US. The Consulates hire foreign nationals because they work for less money than Americans do. Trying to intimidate them only enforces their belief that farangs think they are better than everyone else. People should try to put themselves in someone else’s shoes before being an a$$hole to them. They are simply doing their job. Just my opinion.

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Timeline
Being an American at an American Consulate gives you no more rights or privileges than you would get at a USCIS office here in the US. The Consulates hire foreign nationals because they work for less money than Americans do. Trying to intimidate them only enforces their belief that farangs think they are better than everyone else. People should try to put themselves in someone else’s shoes before being an a$$hole to them. They are simply doing their job. Just my opinion.

True. Be an a$$, expect to be treated as such. However, I think because some dumb a$$ went in there and intimidated a CO that the rest of us shouldln't have pay for it.

The bottom line is the need to apply the same rules to everyone that applies for K-1, K-3, IR-1/CR-1. It seems to depend on the attitude of the CO working that day. That is definitely unfair.

I pretty much have no respect for them. I got in a bind and called the so called "hotline" over there as I was being fingerprinted in Lat Phrao by the Thai police. No response at all. The US sure didn't mind taking my tax dollars, while I enjoyed no services from the U.S. govt. All they gave me was a passport. Seems expensive to me.

Sorry I'm bitter, but the system is ######.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

Note:

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

I had a feeling someone was going to get on here and call me an #######.

How does trying to get an explanation for why my fiance's visa was held up make me an #######?

If your fiance had made 4 trips to the Embassy, wouldn't you want to talk to someone too?

I think that the problem is that there is almost no oversight of the people at the gate, or the Thai nationals working the visa unit. They are allowed to be as rude as they want, ignore requests for assistance and look down their noses at people. Holding someone accountable should not be intimidating if they are doing their job properly.

daboyz, That's hilarious and sad that someone punched a CO in the nose. I also feel that they don't give good service for our tax dollars and I will probably follow this up.

I was on the BTS two years ago, and a peace corps volunteer got on with a friend. They stood within earshot of us. My fiance at the time was practicing using a tense that she had learned in her English class on me, and really making a mess out of it. The peace corps volunteer said to his friend quite loudly, "You see, Thai women will learn any English they can to try and pick up a foreign boyfriend". I was so shocked that I missed my opportunity to punch him in the face. However I did end up writing a letter to the Embassy.

Eventaully I got a reply from the head of the peace corps in Thailand. He has a wife from Laos, and had heard too much of that kind of talk as well. So he tracked the volunteer down and extracted an apology for us.

The point is, everyone has to be accountable for their behavior sooner or later, except I on the internet.

Interesting series of exchages (about "outsourced" consular services).

As we are about to embark to a region about which so much has been said,

my own feeling is to roll with the punches "insults?" and just get the thing done.

My SO had warned me in the past about taking offense to any perceived insults

from Thais who may be just doing their job, but even if it seems hard to swallow,

she is basically right.

I have at times in my life found myself as part of a bureaucratic chain of administration.

As such, you can't always control who does what or who has the power over what

at other levels in the process. When someone in the role of the client wants information

and wants it NOW, you can't always honestly assign blame to pinpoint the actual cause

for the delay or whatever.

Thailand does have it's own standards of accountability and although an American CO

may think they can force someone to think like an American, it doesn't work in the practical world.

The Brits tried it and only had mixed success in India. The fact that English is

universally spoken in India is probably the greatest benefit they left, while thinking

that Indians think like Brits because they all speak English is kind of absurd. You may

have Thais all speaking English in the consulate but to expect them to behave as

"the best of all possible Americans" is kind of a stretch. Thailand is a monarchy

which comes with a structured heirarchy where each official has his/her own level

of self-importance.

At the consular level, the CO takes the role of the KING and anybody who walks in

the door is the subject and should behave accordingly. Learn to smile & wai and even

if it starts with what seems like insults, you might get a little respect as smiling and

wai-ing does not follow a farang type of behavior which may be assumed at the outset.

Thais dress up their government officials like 10-star admirals and it seems to be from

the top-down that all benefits flow. The American notion that a government official is

a civil "servant" means that if we meet Barack Obama, he shines OUR shoes and not

the other way around. Somehow it may not always work that way.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.