HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Wow! The Bangkok embassy is really on the ball. We sent in our Packet 3 two days ago, and already have an interview scheduled. We're only 10 days away from the interview. Su is very nervous, even though I told her we have all of our documentation in order, and I've been quizzing her on possible interview questions. I'd really like to know if she will be given a choice of interviewing in English or Thai. Of course, if given a choice, she'd rather use her native language.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
Wow! The Bangkok embassy is really on the ball. We sent in our Packet 3 two days ago, and already have an interview scheduled. We're only 10 days away from the interview. Su is very nervous, even though I told her we have all of our documentation in order, and I've been quizzing her on possible interview questions. I'd really like to know if she will be given a choice of interviewing in English or Thai. Of course, if given a choice, she'd rather use her native language.

When I was there last, the interviewer spoke both Thai and English.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Chutima passed the English and US history and government tests, and the interview was a success. Since her 3 years isn't until 18 Oct, we will have to wait for them to mail us her Oath ceremony date. I know that Chutima is excited, but for me, it means waiting for yet another letter from USCIS! :( I am SOOOOOOOOO ready to be done with the USCIS!

Congratulations! :dance: :dance: Best wishes always! :thumbs: :thumbs:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Timeline

When I was there last, the interviewer spoke both Thai and English.

Ditto here except the poor American was saying some VERY inappropriate things (like words for pimp instead of husband from what I recall, etc) cause she was new to speaking Thai. The ladies in the waiting area could hear it and were all trying not to be impolite and laugh. My fiancee said some of the responses to her Thai spoken questions were priceless (some were innocent little old ladies)! LOL!

Funnier yet, not a single one tried to correct her and let her keep talking this stuff. I think someone pulled a bad joke or she got the tonal stuff wrong. Either way, she came out laughing with 2 other women.

Edited by HYENA

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

back from lost wages a few days and sleepy still. we had a great time stayed at the mgm and they were kind enough to upgrade us to a suite since it was an our anniversary and gave us "dinner money". we saw shows and did spa stuff by day, visited a friend and my husband got to do his favorite thing ever...eat! he is now a huge fan of the Rio seafood buffet. of course his cholesteral and iodine levels are probably off the charts but was a blast. yes we did all the cheesy stuff, like the gondola ride and enjoyed every second of it! :D

congrats to chutima on passing her naturalization exams! wonderful news. the home stretch. *sigh* we still have 2.5 years until that day.

good luck to all!

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Timeline
Chutima passed the English and US history and government tests, and the interview was a success. Since her 3 years isn't until 18 Oct, we will have to wait for them to mail us her Oath ceremony date. I know that Chutima is excited, but for me, it means waiting for yet another letter from USCIS! :( I am SOOOOOOOOO ready to be done with the USCIS!

Hey Congrats Brother Robert! That's great news. You're nearly all done.... hang in there for one more important letter, and then welcome Sister Chutima to being a full fledged US Citizen! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Timeline

Thanks everyone for the congratulations! :) I will let ya'll know when Chutima's Oath Ceramony is and how that goes as well.

Good luck to everyone in their own journey! :thumbs:

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Timeline

yes, congratulations! I hope she feels better.

I still haven't gotten married...I have 4 weeks to do it. I've been searching for a job like a madman (no nursing shortage here). Desperate, really. The government job I had lined up may take a month or two more....never been in this position in my life! I'm starting to worry (selling all my gold and everything I can now). I can't sleep; very demeaning and upsetting situation. Yeah...welcome home new fiancee...we're screwed!

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

bumped back to page 1

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Congrats!!! Must be a great feeling knowing you are almost through with all the USCIS BS. Can't wait till our time comes.

I still haven't gotten married...I have 4 weeks to do it. I've been searching for a job like a madman (no nursing shortage here). Desperate, really. The government job I had lined up may take a month or two more....never been in this position in my life! I'm starting to worry (selling all my gold and everything I can now). I can't sleep; very demeaning and upsetting situation. Yeah...welcome home new fiancee...we're screwed!

Why is it so difficult to find a job if there is no nursing shortage?

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Timeline

Why is it so difficult to find a job if there is no nursing shortage?

Thanks for asking...There's a nursing job shortage not a nursing shortage (meaning no jobs). All the gov't say nursing shortage and media but some advertise so they can hire overseas nurses (never intending to fill the position) and also being self employed had me out just long enough to put some rust on me. I'm panicking....I'm filling out the AOS but don't know if I'll make it and don't have a cosponsor (my family is typical non supporting nothing to do with you farang family). We'll have to see, though. Just worried sick....

Edited by HYENA

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Hey Hyena,

Thanks for the clarification. I now understand that you were talking about a shortage of jobs for nurses...most likely due to an overabundance of nurses, currently. My mistake...

My ex is a nurse (RN)...and I remember when she was in college and for the longest time there it was the opposite situation...more openings than nurses...

Tough spot...blessings and good luck!

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Hey Hyena,

Thanks for the clarification. I now understand that you were talking about a shortage of jobs for nurses...most likely due to an overabundance of nurses, currently. My mistake...

My ex is a nurse (RN)...and I remember when she was in college and for the longest time there it was the opposite situation...more openings than nurses...

Just saw this today:

Some studies and reports have found that the shortage of hospital nurses in the USA has been temporarily reduced by the 2009 economic recession. However, emergency and acute care nurses are still in great demand, and this temporary reduction of the shortage is not expected to last as the economy improves. In 2009, it was reported that in places like Des Moines, Iowa that newly graduated nurses are having more difficulty finding jobs and older nurses are delaying retirement due to economic conditions. This hiring situation was mostly found in hospitals whereas nursing homes continued to hire and recruit nurses in strong numbers.

Hey Hyena,

Just saw this today:

Some studies and reports have found that the shortage of hospital nurses in the USA has been temporarily reduced by the 2009 economic recession. However, emergency and acute care nurses are still in great demand, and this temporary reduction of the shortage is not expected to last as the economy improves. In 2009, it was reported that in places like Des Moines, Iowa that newly graduated nurses are having more difficulty finding jobs and older nurses are delaying retirement due to economic conditions. This hiring situation was mostly found in hospitals whereas nursing homes continued to hire and recruit nurses in strong numbers.

Toma1 - ya...tha makes sense. Normally, I think of the demand for nurses (or almost anything medical) as inelastic. However, considering the current crises, I suspect that is no longer the case...

Hang in there Hyena...whatever you do, scrape up enough money to get married before her 90 days are up. Having a civil marriage might not be a 'dream wedding' but it does fulfill the K1 requirement...and it can probably be done for <$100...(big wedding can be held anytime later down the line, during better times)...for AOS...well, that one is expensive so I can empathize with your situation...USCIS seems to have a little leeway on this one though and is less rigorous on the 90 days filing...but I cannot advocate filing past the 90 days because of TOS here on VJ...so I won't... :whistle:

49893.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.