HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Hi all, just dropping in to say that we got the visa on 9 September. 7 1/2 months in AP :'( We're planning on going to the states when I finish my deployment to Japan in January.

Later,

~Eric

Congratulations!

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all, just dropping in to say that we got the visa on 9 September. 7 1/2 months in AP :'( We're planning on going to the states when I finish my deployment to Japan in January.

Later,

~Eric

Congrats!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Later,

~Eric

Congrats, Eric! Thanks for coming back to share the good news with us.

-Thai Mom

Later,

~Eric

Congrats! Do you have any idea what caused you to get AP in the first place or why you were in AP for so long?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Later,

~Eric

Congratulations and best wishes in the years to come. :thumbs: :thumbs:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Yeah! NOA2 after 55 days and I got the email for it on my phone while sitting in Suvarnabhumi with my fiance before I went to passport control. She still is not sure I was serious!

My question: I have about 25 photos of us together including 1 with us and her mother. Should that be enough for the Bangkok embassy at her interview? We also have phones logs, chat logs, and email but my understanding is that photos are much more compelling.

Thanks!

Yeah! NOA2 after 55 days and I got the email for it on my phone while sitting in Suvarnabhumi with my fiance before I went to passport control. She still is not sure I was serious!

My question: I have about 25 photos of us together including 1 with us and her mother. Should that be enough for the Bangkok embassy at her interview? We also have phones logs, chat logs, and email but my understanding is that photos are much more compelling.

Thanks!

Hey DaveTx...great timing and congrats! 55 days...not bad! :thumbs:

Ya...that would probably be enough..I think that is about how many I turned in...it helps if they are pictures from different days of the week/locations...so they don't think that you just snapped 25 in one day...but instead actually spent time with her.

Took off two days from work to stain my deck...but it won't stop raining...oh well...guess I'll just be lazy :devil:

Peace to Thais!

MarkNAAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Hey DaveTx...great timing and congrats! 55 days...not bad! :thumbs:

Ya...that would probably be enough..I think that is about how many I turned in...it helps if they are pictures from different days of the week/locations...so they don't think that you just snapped 25 in one day...but instead actually spent time with her.

Took off two days from work to stain my deck...but it won't stop raining...oh well...guess I'll just be lazy :devil:

Peace to Thais!

MarkNAAm

Thanks! Two are from a previous trip with her to Angkor Wat in July and the rest are from the last week. Different clothes and backgrounds are in enough of them I hope. I saved my boarding passes from this trip too but I don't know if the embassy cares about the "documentary" evidence like USCIS does.

I showed her the USCIS email but she didn't believe it. She wanted to see it change on Igor's list. I told her that Igor's list comes from the timeline data that I enter but she was adamant. I updated my timeline on my phone and when she went home and saw it on Igor's lists--- then she believed me!

Timeline

Thanks!

Should be enough we, had about 30 photos, scattered from my different trips. We did have a ton of chat logs and phone logs. When we interviewed the guy was more interested in our phone logs, emails and phone records then the pictures. I think it all depends on the day and what mood they are in. It is best to have a good cross section of evidence, and don't rely on just one set of items.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks!

Should be enough we, had about 30 photos, scattered from my different trips. We did have a ton of chat logs and phone logs. When we interviewed the guy was more interested in our phone logs, emails and phone records then the pictures. I think it all depends on the day and what mood they are in. It is best to have a good cross section of evidence, and don't rely on just one set of items.

Good point. They totally ignored our phone logs and records and wanted to see more photos. Best to cover all your bases.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Question for experts on this thread:

I just went to buy tickets for myself and my wife and stepdaughter to go to Thailand for Songkran 2010. My wife just got a new credit card with 0% interest we used to purchase the tickets. Problem is, we purchased my wifes ticket in her married name and it is her maiden name showing on her passport - so the name on the tickkets and on the passport does not match. It seems to me that I read and or was told that as long as you have a certified copy of your marriage certificate attached to the passport we'll be OK - can anyone advise me about this based on "actual experience" rather than conjecture?

Thanks!

I-129f Journey:

2006-07-17 I-129F sent to CSC

2006-07-24 NOA1 (received)

2006-10-05 RFE (received)

2006-10-06 RFE (returned to CSC)

2006-10-23 NOA2

2007-01-29 Visa Approved!

2007-02-17 Ceremony in Thailand

2007-02-21 POE LAX - Fiance and her daughter enter the USA together, Easy-Peasy!

2007-03-05 Wedding in USA

AOS Journey:

2007-06-07 AOS for spouse and daughter sent

2007-06-16 NOA's arrive, (issued on the 13th)

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-07-13 Received RFE (Mailed on July 3rd)

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

2007-10-16 Interview date

2007-10-27 Green Cards Received!

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-07-24 Joint I-751 for spouse and daughter sent

2009-08-03 Received NOA1 dated 7/27/09

2009-08-03 Received Receipt and one year extension for wife

2009-08-03 Received "Verification Of Incusion Of A Dependent" for step-daughter

2009-08-27 Biometrics

2009-11-13 Green Cards Received

Citizenship Journey:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I just went to buy tickets for myself and my wife and stepdaughter to go to Thailand for Songkran 2010. My wife just got a new credit card with 0% interest we used to purchase the tickets. Problem is, we purchased my wifes ticket in her married name and it is her maiden name showing on her passport - so the name on the tickkets and on the passport does not match. It seems to me that I read and or was told that as long as you have a certified copy of your marriage certificate attached to the passport we'll be OK - can anyone advise me about this based on "actual experience" rather than conjecture?

Thanks!

You are correct. You will definitely need a copy of your marriage certificate.

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Timeline

Thanks!

I was previously a Customer Service Manager for a major US Airline and it has to match your passport if its an international flight. the marriage certificate copy can be used if its a domestic flight. You would be taking more chance especially on the return flight to US due to increased security regulations. It can go as far as when missing out the middle name that was on the passport.

So I would suggest you always use what is on the current passport you are using if it is international, but if the airline has mentioned the certificate then now its up to the airport staff and TSA to honor it.

Timeline

Visa Approved!! On had 7 am BKK appointment and she's approved.

Thanks everyone for all your help and suggestions. Still another bit of a wait. I'm heading to LOS 1st week november to celebrate then all three of us come back together.

:dance::dance::dance:

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between August 7, 2009 and August 22, 2009.

NOA2: July 23, 2009.

Intervew: Sep. 28, 2009 APPROVED

I arrive BKK Oct 29.

Marriage ceremony (non-legal) 6 a.m. Nov 2, 2552 Hua Hin, Thailand.

Arrive PDX Nov 7.

U.S. Marriage: 20-Dec-2009 Salem, OR

AOS filed 06-FEB-2010 (last possible day for valid postmark)

AOS Interview - APPROVED - 06-MAY-2010

Timeline
Well this week my fiancee lost her phone while eating dinner at Kao San Road awww so does that make all my saved phone logs invalid now? she has to get a new number now. She can just explain to the officer at embassy that phone was lost? her original number is on the I-129F and bio forms. and I will end up having to put the new cell number in her packet 3 items when they come.

anything I should worry about?

You'd be surprised at the technology in BKK. Call the carrier and you can likely get an entire log. I did that.

Visa Approved!! On had 7 am BKK appointment and she's approved.

Thanks everyone for all your help and suggestions. Still another bit of a wait. I'm heading to LOS 1st week november to celebrate then all three of us come back together.

:dance::dance::dance:

WOHOOOOOO!

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.