HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Ya...I'm on Aaron's side. Give her time and Love...and quit thinking you know so much about Thai culture just because you've been there...

Have patience Hyena...lots of it...and then more.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yes it is all about patience and love, the only exceptions might be scamming where girl pretends everything and uses you to come to the country. gotta watch for that, but its hard to watch for it if you love her and feel trust is present between each other

ThaitoUSA and rsn,

Congratulations on the great progress you've made with the DLs and AOS/Biometrics etc...not to mention getting married!

You guys are doing great!

Peace - Mark and AAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
ThaitoUSA and rsn,

Congratulations on the great progress you've made with the DLs and AOS/Biometrics etc...not to mention getting married!

Peace - Mark and AAm

Hey brother Mark, how do you know how our brother's Pete and Ray are doing? You've been spying on them, or receiving secret CFC messages?! :unsure::lol:

Edited by *Robert*

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

ThaitoUSA and rsn,

Peace - Mark and AAm

Hey brother Mark, how do you know how our brother's Pete and Ray are doing? You've been spying on them, or receiving secret CFC messages?! :unsure::lol:

Brother Roi,

You/Me, enjoy seeing our younger brothers bring great women into the USA and keep on truckin' :thumbs:

Great to hear from you again, as always. Hey - AAm is traveling back to Chiang Mai (Doi Saket) for the month of March 2010. I'll be there for a week or two, or longer if I can wing it. Is there any chance you guys will be in Doi Saket at that time my brother? I'd love to collect on that Changx12 you owe me! :thumbs::yes::lol:

Peace and Love,

MarkNAAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Timeline
Brother Roi,

You/Me, enjoy seeing our younger brothers bring great women into the USA and keep on truckin' :thumbs:

Great to hear from you again, as always. Hey - AAm is traveling back to Chiang Mai (Doi Saket) for the month of March 2010. I'll be there for a week or two, or longer if I can wing it. Is there any chance you guys will be in Doi Saket at that time my brother? I'd love to collect on that Changx12 you owe me! :thumbs::yes::lol:

Peace and Love,

MarkNAAm

You really funny brother Mark about the Chang Beer! :P

I believe it is YOU who is buying the beers!!! :whistle:;)

P.S. I had wrote a whole bunch of other stuff, and it dissapered. I'm not in the mood to write it again right now!

Edited by *Robert*

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

I feel for them and am motivated to find the means to get them into an airtight, air conditionable house.

Do they want A/C? Some don't. My wife hates A/C. She's from BKK and our condo there has A/C, but she never turns it on. Here in the states we live in Florida and she turns it off when I'm not home. Before we were married, she never used it in her place even though she had it and could easily afford to do so. "Too cold and bad for the skin."

I bought a USB Thai keyboard for her, and was going to set up a desktop for her, but she uses her little EEEPC I bought her, which we put the thai stickers on. It is funny we just saw the Thai stickers at the local Thai store over the weekend. When we were in LA the thai market there had keyboards and the stickers to put on.

You can get the stickers on eBay, too. They come in a variety of colors.

I think "that time of the month" is rolling near (she hates my guts for about 2-3 days then feels bad afterwards). I'm used to it. Unfortunately this is an international problem LOL!

Google "Yaz!"

Great story about her getting her DL. It basically mirrors AAm's story. The DMV study booklet was AAm's first real book that she read in the USA. She would sit down and translate it into Thai and study it. I was very impressed! The first time she took the test she failed by three also and was a little bit upset. The second time she failed by one, and became highly motivated. The third time she passed!

Florida gives you the complete universe of questions that may be asked on the drivers test. It actually took me a while to figure that out, because they are in the appendix at he back of the book. (And who really looks at appendices anyway...?)

Timeline

My wife decided not to get the driver's license today, because it only would be valid until her I-94 expires, which is in two weeks. She needs to wait for her Green Card until she can go for it.

Well generally speaking a disabled farang is a NO NO in the eyes of most conservative Thai families, of all my ex-gf or those whose parents I met in Thailand, never found any parents satisfied with me, it was a deal breaker for the girl in the past and she felt she had to go with her parents opinion after meeting. I have had other dramas where the Mother of the girl forced her to pay me back for a family trip I took with them after her Mom and I found out that her daughter had a Thai bf on the side. It was nice of her Mom feeling that her daughter treated me wrong.

I rarely had any experience with Thai fathers because almost all my ex-gf come from broken families, the Dad ran away in most cases

My ex-wife was a special case, the parents were so glad to get her off their hands (no sinsot or wedding). and I realized later that I opened up a pandoras box. :D

Yes this is all about Thailand

:angry:

That's a sweepingly broad generalization. It's not about Thailand. It's about a certain side of Thailand. You can find that side of America, too. And you don't have to look very hard: http://www.jerryspringertv.com/ http://tampa.craigslist.org/ads/

You want every foreigner to judge America based on trash like that?

I'm not sure how you met these girls, so the following is just a general response, not directed at your specific relationships:

I've dated several Thai women while I've worked in Asia: a professor, two RNs, a perfusionist, a business owner, etc. I've never once had a problem with cheating, lying, or any of these other issues that people constantly raise. I've also never personally known anyone that did have these problems. If nothing else, a decent Thai woman wouldn't be caught dead cheating, because--forget her husband--her decent family and decent friends would immediately brand her a #######--and that humiliating label never goes away.

Sure, read Stickman and you'll find boatloads of stories. But you have to think about where a lot of those men hang out. If you spend your time in the sewer, you shouldn't be surprised that you meet only rats. I'm glad that foreigners don't come here, hang out in strip clubs and brothels and then proclaim that all American women are tramps, whores and liars.

I met a guy on Facebook who said that he never met a nice, honest Thai woman after spending six weeks in Thailand. Then I looked at his photo albums. The majority of the photos were in bars, and in the background in nearly every photo was at least one stripper pole. He spent the vast majority of his time in Pattaya bars. That he expected to meet a "nice, honest Thai woman" there boggles the mind. Does he go to strip clubs in his own country to meet women? Then why does he do it in Asia? It's ridiculous.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I meant all my experiences were in Thailand thats all. my ex gf and my ex wife and my fiancee all from Thailand. everyone is different, I just put the thailand part as to geographically where it was all happening.

My fiancees father is not so sure of me and he is also a police officer, yet her mom is okay with me.

Umm I have never been to a bar or some redlight place in thailand anyway for all those 40 times I have been in Thailand, maybe occasionally my girl and friends would take me to the disco, my exwife was a graduate from Thammasat University, my ex gfs came from Ramkhamhaeng University, Rangsit University, Silipakorn University, Khon Kaen University, Chiang Mai University, Maejo, University, ABAC etc.

And I hold 2 degrees as well.

Edited by louisthani

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Well generally speaking a disabled farang is a NO NO in the eyes of most conservative Thai families, of all my ex-gf or those whose parents I met in Thailand, never found any parents satisfied with me, it was a deal breaker for the girl in the past and she felt she had to go with her parents opinion after meeting. I have had other dramas where the Mother of the girl forced her to pay me back for a family trip I took with them after her Mom and I found out that her daughter had a Thai bf on the side. It was nice of her Mom feeling that her daughter treated me wrong.

I rarely had any experience with Thai fathers because almost all my ex-gf come from broken families, the Dad ran away in most cases

My ex-wife was a special case, the parents were so glad to get her off their hands (no sinsot or wedding). and I realized later that I opened up a pandoras box. :D

Yes this is all about Thailand

:angry:

That's a sweepingly broad generalization. It's not about Thailand. It's about a certain side of Thailand. You can find that side of America, too. And you don't have to look very hard: http://www.jerryspringertv.com/ http://tampa.craigslist.org/ads/

You want every foreigner to judge America based on trash like that?

I'm not sure how you met these girls, so the following is just a general response, not directed at your specific relationships:

I've dated several Thai women while I've worked in Asia: a professor, two RNs, a perfusionist, a business owner, etc. I've never once had a problem with cheating, lying, or any of these other issues that people constantly raise. I've also never personally known anyone that did have these problems. If nothing else, a decent Thai woman wouldn't be caught dead cheating, because--forget her husband--her decent family and decent friends would immediately brand her a #######--and that humiliating label never goes away.

Sure, read Stickman and you'll find boatloads of stories. But you have to think about where a lot of those men hang out. If you spend your time in the sewer, you shouldn't be surprised that you meet only rats. I'm glad that foreigners don't come here, hang out in strip clubs and brothels and then proclaim that all American women are tramps, whores and liars.

I met a guy on Facebook who said that he never met a nice, honest Thai woman after spending six weeks in Thailand. Then I looked at his photo albums. The majority of the photos were in bars, and in the background in nearly every photo was at least one stripper pole. He spent the vast majority of his time in Pattaya bars. That he expected to meet a "nice, honest Thai woman" there boggles the mind. Does he go to strip clubs in his own country to meet women? Then why does he do it in Asia? It's ridiculous.

Well said!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

I meant all my experiences were in Thailand thats all. my ex gf and my ex wife and my fiancee all from Thailand. everyone is different, I just put the thailand part as to geographically where it was all happening.

My fiancees father is not so sure of me and he is also a police officer, yet her mom is okay with me.

Umm I have never been to a bar or some redlight place in thailand anyway for all those 40 times I have been in Thailand, maybe occasionally my girl and friends would take me to the disco, my exwife was a graduate from Thammasat University, my ex gfs came from Ramkhamhaeng University, Rangsit University, Silipakorn University, Khon Kaen University, Chiang Mai University, Maejo, University, ABAC etc.

And I hold 2 degrees as well.

Well, that's good. Like I said, I didn't know where or how you met them, but I always hear people complaining about "Thai women", when--in the vast majority of cases, but evidently not yours--they should really be complaining about "bar girls".

And you're right about some clubs being different than others. There are some fantastic clubs in Bangkok that have nothing whatsoever in common with Patpong or Soi Cowboy (or Q-bar for that matter).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.