HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I received an e-mail today saying that my petition was approved. NOA2 is in the mail!

Congratulations! That's great.

WOW...I guess they forgot all about August...I'm watching September and October people with their spouses here already. I've got tickets to go in 2 weeks for the pre-wedding ceremony there but I really don't want to come back without her but it's looking like that's what I'll have to do.

I really want to be there to help her for the interview and bring her here...she's only been on a plane once and that was with me from Cambodia to BKK. Navigating an international airport would be crazy (changing planes).

I wish they'd get on it but NOTHING! Her family wants march 21 (lucky and all that) but I'd just assume wait 'till I ave something then go. I am very depressed...worrying about that guy in the embassy...worrying about everything...maybe I wont' be ready for her here...ughh!

Here is a link to the thread where the guy got denied with a co-sponsor in BKK: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=179527

She will have a crazy time going through international airport by her self. Nam reads english very well, and has traveled quite a bit in SE Asia, and she told me she was very happy I was with her, cause she would have been completely lost, without me there to help out and point the directions out.

I have been told that LOS does not allow co-sponsors as well.

so...no cosponsor it is, then (I'm not risking it this far down the line)!

Looks like my income is good...now I need to know if it's the Gross or adjusted gross or exactly what line on the form I use for income? I should be good though :P

that's about the only good thing....NO NOA2 though....It's depressing seeing everyone else flood over here and I'm stuck in the august (I actually filed in July but...lawyers messed up, bought me 3 weeks more....)

so...looks like I'll go over there, we'll have our fun little ceremony, I'll take her and mom on vacation to Pattaya (and see if I can get the old lady up on water skiis), see f my friend can find a gf (he' can't find a gf in all of BKK...believe it or not!!!!) He's kinda keeneow but I guess if he wasn't a little bit he'd be outta money. He made some cultural mistakes so the 5 that were interested are suddenly "busy" (he started holding hands with the first girl he met and only saw her for a week so in everyone elses eyes he was unreasonable, desperate, culturally inconsiderate and not a man man (he lets her make all the decisions)....but she's horribly jealous so she's not wife material. Doubt he has much for sin sod but he's got a good heart (otherwise he wouldn't be my friend). My fiancee finally told him to head on down to Suk. to get it over with then he coudl think reasonably again....but he's a "good boy" (no drink, no smoke...Baptist like...except for premarital sex, that's ok w him)... crazy....so....if anyone knows any candidates, he's sitting alone looking for someone to go to the safari and amusement park and Pattaya with (he's scared of bar girls so...if your suggestions work in a bar, we can omit that minor detail).

sooo, i file taxes on the 3rd and head out on the 9th and stay for 4 weeks, do the ceremony, get all lovey dovey again only to go back into shock and await the darn NOA2!!!

Congrats to all the good news I've been hearing from everyone. THis is a great tool to support each other...I wish you all the best!

Edited by HYENA

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I received an e-mail today saying that my petition was approved. NOA2 is in the mail!

WOW...I guess they forgot all about August...I'm watching September and October people with their spouses here already. I've got tickets to go in 2 weeks for the pre-wedding ceremony there but I really don't want to come back without her but it's looking like that's what I'll have to do.

I really want to be there to help her for the interview and bring her here...she's only been on a plane once and that was with me from Cambodia to BKK. Navigating an international airport would be crazy (changing planes).

I wish they'd get on it but NOTHING! Her family wants march 21 (lucky and all that) but I'd just assume wait 'till I ave something then go. I am very depressed...worrying about that guy in the embassy...worrying about everything...maybe I wont' be ready for her here...ughh!

Here is a link to the thread where the guy got denied with a co-sponsor in BKK: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=179527

She will have a crazy time going through international airport by her self. Nam reads english very well, and has traveled quite a bit in SE Asia, and she told me she was very happy I was with her, cause she would have been completely lost, without me there to help out and point the directions out.

Looks like my income is good...now I need to know if it's the Gross or adjusted gross or exactly what line on the form I use for income? I should be good though :P

that's about the only good thing....NO NOA2 though....It's depressing seeing everyone else flood over here and I'm stuck in the august (I actually filed in July but...lawyers messed up, bought me 3 weeks more....)

so...looks like I'll go over there, we'll have our fun little ceremony, I'll take her and mom on vacation to Pattaya (and see if I can get the old lady up on water skiis), see f my friend can find a gf (he' can't find a gf in all of BKK...believe it or not!!!!) He's kinda keeneow but I guess if he wasn't a little bit he'd be outta money. He made some cultural mistakes so the 5 that were interested are suddenly "busy" (he started holding hands with the first girl he met and only saw her for a week so in everyone elses eyes he was unreasonable, desperate, culturally inconsiderate and not a man man (he lets her make all the decisions)....but she's horribly jealous so she's not wife material. Doubt he has much for sin sod but he's got a good heart (otherwise he wouldn't be my friend). My fiancee finally told him to head on down to Suk. to get it over with then he coudl think reasonably again....but he's a "good boy" (no drink, no smoke...Baptist like...except for premarital sex, that's ok w him)... crazy....so....if anyone knows any candidates, he's sitting alone looking for someone to go to the safari and amusement park and Pattaya with (he's scared of bar girls so...if your suggestions work in a bar, we can omit that minor detail).

sooo, i file taxes on the 3rd and head out on the 9th and stay for 4 weeks, do the ceremony, get all lovey dovey again only to go back into shock and await the darn NOA2!!!

Congrats to all the good news I've been hearing from everyone. THis is a great tool to support each other...I wish you all the best!

The use AGI (Adjusted Gross Income)

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

I know some people like this:

Unfortunately, they were all burned up in a fire at Waco in '93.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

I know some people like this:

Unfortunately, they were all burned up in a fire at Waco in '93.

YOU crack me up! The Branch Davidians are an offshoot of his church! LOL! You were close...had it been horse shoes or hand grenades, you'd win! LOL!

Basically it's Baptist that worships on Saturday...but he's not a church goer but the upbringing already did its damage making it difficult to mesh with the real world. He's weird but he's a friend. I'll leave him be and not worry..can only bring a horse to water but.... I think with the right lady, he'd be OK. I was "raised" the same way but I'm far more reasonable...I tend to shy from the booze only because of prev problems with it...other than that, I don't do all the weird dietary restrictions, etc. I think most religions are right and very few are wrong (except for the cultish overly controlling one's...seem to have lost the main focus) hey, let's talk about religion and politics and piss everyone off?

I'm just going nuts waiting for NOA2. I hope things are going well on your end...

Edited by HYENA

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Timeline

I'm heading to Bangkok soon to spend a couple of weeks with my SO. We are about 4 - 10 weeks aways from NOA2. Besides meeting the parents and going to the beach we plan on getting things checked of the super summarized Post NOA1 Checklist i built. (Yes I'm a geek ) B)

An idea I was toying with was to spend a morning going to the embassy. Since i wont be able to come back during the interview I wanted to check it out and maybe ask a few clarifying questions from "The Interviewer". Since it seems there have been some problems about proof of relationship I thought why not ask the guy what he considers A1 proof? Since I have a few nuances about phone and chat logs I thought i could get the answers ahead of time. I also wanted to get clarification that he will not have problems with us completing the checklist 4 - 10 weeks in advance.

I don't have high expectations but thought what the heck? The experience might be quite interesting... What do you guys think?

Edited by Danny and Chada

Timeline
I'm heading to Bangkok soon to spend a couple of weeks with my SO. We are about 4 - 10 weeks aways from NOA2. Besides meeting the parents and going to the beach we plan on getting things checked of the super summarized Post NOA1 Checklist i built. (Yes I'm a geek ) B)

An idea I was toying with was to spend a morning going to the embassy. Since i wont be able to come back during the interview I wanted to check it out and maybe ask a few clarifying questions from "The Interviewer". Since it seems there have been some problems about proof of relationship I thought why not ask the guy what he considers A1 proof? Since I have a few nuances about phone and chat logs I thought i could get the answers ahead of time. I also wanted to get clarification that he will not have problems with us completing the checklist 4 - 10 weeks in advance.

I don't have high expectations but thought what the heck? The experience might be quite interesting... What do you guys think?

Nice list you put together. At the embassy there are only certain days and times you can enter for the American Citizen unit. I doubt they will let you talk to a consular, they are fairly busy during the day, there are lots of people getting tourist visa's, everyday I was there it was packed in the morning and afternoon.

I would say it is ok to prepare everything in advance, you just have to wait for her to get her packet 3 letter before you submit it.

On a side note, we went and got married last night, got it out of the way so we can start the AOS paperwork. No sense in waiting :)

Timeline

I'd not bother the embassy only to feel them out so to speak when it would be more time efficient to await the interview and if they send her back because of needing a little more something, then that can be taken care of.

For me, I'm sending everything....every single thing having to do with her and me and if that's not enough and they need more, I surely won't have it and that's that. I have no questions to ask because it is what it is...my pics are what they are.

I'll be leaving here on the 9th, coming back on the 6th. When are you going?

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Timeline

Nice list you put together. At the embassy there are only certain days and times you can enter for the American Citizen unit. I doubt they will let you talk to a consular, they are fairly busy during the day, there are lots of people getting tourist visa's, everyday I was there it was packed in the morning and afternoon.

I would say it is ok to prepare everything in advance, you just have to wait for her to get her packet 3 letter before you submit it.

On a side note, we went and got married last night, got it out of the way so we can start the AOS paperwork. No sense in waiting :)

Congratulations on your marriage! You now have a Thai owner :)

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey there all Thai-American VisaJourneyers,

When I started the original Sawasdeee VJ thread on the forums here way back in 2004, I never imagined that it'd still be going strong five years later. Wow! Though it's been a while since I've visited this site, it's nice to see so many happy couples keeping this thing active.

Sounds like the process is still as stressful as when my Thai better half and I went through it a few years ago, but don't give up hope -- as countless VJ posters have probably already said, and as I myself learned firsthand from my own experiences, the bureaucratic hassles you guys face now will quickly enough become just distant memories. As many here have probably heard from our Thai partners, cool heads..and cool hearts...truly do prevail. Good luck everyone!

Timeline

Congratulations :dance:

Here's wishing you many, many years of happily wedded bliss

Timeline

When I started the original Sawasdeee VJ thread on the forums here way back in 2004, I never imagined that it'd still be going strong five years later. Wow! Though it's been a while since I've visited this site, it's nice to see so many happy couples keeping this thing active.

Sounds like the process is still as stressful as when my Thai better half and I went through it a few years ago, but don't give up hope -- as countless VJ posters have probably already said, and as I myself learned firsthand from my own experiences, the bureaucratic hassles you guys face now will quickly enough become just distant memories. As many here have probably heard from our Thai partners, cool heads..and cool hearts...truly do prevail. Good luck everyone!

Thanks!

Yup, I would say from my experience on VJ that the Sawasdee bunch may not be as big as the Filipinos or Ukrainians or Brits, but we hold our own here.

As to the process.... well, it is what it is. We all knew that I guess when we got started down this path.

Timeline

Keep reminding us...I get cold feet, freak out thinking the US part is what really counts but she thinks the Thai part is what really counts...SOOOO many cultural differences.

I have a friend over there who s nearly as misunderstood as I was my first time. I keep trying to express farang doesn't mean I'm anything like a Russian or a German any more than they're like Japanese...it's difficult, that's for sure!

I gotta remember to have a cool head.

My friend was invited to a "surprise" so he thought they were footing the bill. Baiscally equivalent-wise he makes the same as many of them do but he doesn't feel footing the bill for friends and their friends is fair. I told him to roll with it one time, to "look good" but he responds with "Buddhists are anti-ego and Thailand is all ego" he's got an excellent point. I kinda get tired of worrying what "everybody" thinks...drives me nuts because there's soooo much focus on "everybody"....tiring.

I gotta remember to go next week with a cool head, cool heart and not to react but also not get myself into these 10 people outings (if not family) just to gain face and blow money. I told him once he commits to one over there, she'll protect his wallet but for now, he's on his own :P

Facing the fact I'll have to go back again and bring her here....such a headache when you'd think 7 months something would come visa wise....

The US system is so fruustrating...misinformation (they say they're working on April k1 cases but seeingSept OCt Nov people with their spouses already here and I can't get a NOA2 is very frustrating, indeed.

I gotta remember to coooooool down and roll with it.

If the economy were better, my fear would be gone but my entire future is so up in the air, it's a really bad time to be throwig around sin sod and doing a big ceremony, etc.....based on an astronomy date (again not buddhist) but I gotta roll with it...calm down (keep reminding me, keep reminding me)!

Thanks for starting this! Please do share (everyone) how is it (really) working out? How do those who married Isaan counterparts find the right fish sauce and sum tam fixings? I'm realizing the eat in that cuisine is addictive (endorphin producing) and smells and tastes remind them of home...very important, I understand.

What lengths have you gone through to help them and what has worked and not worked?

I love to hear stories (keeps my mind off reality). Thank you to those who have shared yoru lives here. it helps others more than you know!

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Timeline

Sitting in a hotel on soi 22. Can't sleep. Second interview tomorrow. Stressing out.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

Note:

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline
Sitting in a hotel on soi 22. Can't sleep. Second interview tomorrow. Stressing out.

Hmmm...play a little pool since you're in the center of it all. Try to relax (coming from me? amazing)! You'll get through it! You've got everything...everything!

See if you can come with her inside or at least tell her to tell the interviewer you're outside waiting. I'm sure you have a stack of stuff to bring with you. It's not easy having your future in someone elses hands.

I'm going next week but .....coming back alone. Read the threads on this embassy...they all have good results in the end. Try to see where he's coming from and go from there. Make sure you smile (or tell her to) smile and be courteous.....we'll be waiting to hear how it turns out!

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.