HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congrats everyone on recent approvals and upcoming POE arrivals. We went through the airport in Korea btw. It's a pretty decent airport & has free wifi.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
We're approved!!! Thanti just called me -- I just got off the phone with her. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Congratulations guys! and everyone else coming through also

... now when is it my turn??? WAAAHHHH :crying:

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between August 7, 2009 and August 22, 2009.

NOA2: July 23, 2009.

Intervew: Sep. 28, 2009 APPROVED

I arrive BKK Oct 29.

Marriage ceremony (non-legal) 6 a.m. Nov 2, 2552 Hua Hin, Thailand.

Arrive PDX Nov 7.

U.S. Marriage: 20-Dec-2009 Salem, OR

AOS filed 06-FEB-2010 (last possible day for valid postmark)

AOS Interview - APPROVED - 06-MAY-2010

Wow! Congrats to all the folks for passing the interviews...and also for receiving your visas in the passports! Passing the interview is a relief, actually having the passport with the visa inside is a RELIEF!!!

Looks like everyone is coming over to the USA on the 4th of July! Spectacular!

Looks like the Sawasdee III thread is about to shift focus over to the AOS process...!!! :thumbs: AAm and I will also be sending in our Lifting of Conditions paperwork at about the same time that you guys are jumping the 2 year GC requirement...

Peace!

MarkNAAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

congrats on all the recent approvals!

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Timeline

Congrats afisher and Mike (girarm) and raptorea01 .... way to go guys!!!! We're on a roll here.... :dance: :dance: :dance:

To those still waiting (Alan D., others)... it looks like the process is moving MUCH more smoothly now, as you can see. Reason to be hopeful!

Filed: Other Country: Thailand
Timeline

Wow, I step away from the forum for a few days and there is only good news. This is great. I see that many people are moving along. Congrats on the interviews to everyone who has been recently approved, that is so exciting. Did I really read that even Hyena got an NOA2? Hopefully that is true and he will join the approvals soon. Scandal so glad to see that you hope to have her here by July 4th, actually came true.

I just started a new job, Joe is finding it difficult to adjust to being alone alot but he has found things to occupy him. We finally got the greencard in the mail yesterday so that is exciting. I know the stamp in the passport counted as a greencard but it is just much more satisfying to have the real think in hand.

Also I completely agree that health insurance should be mandatory. Working in the health field I feel especially strong about this. There is a higher chance of new arrivals getting sick from things we are used to here that thier body's have not seen. Lots of Thais have skin problems when they arrive, and unfortunately you just never know what will happen. So get your fiance a policy the temporary ones are really cheap, so there is no excuse.

Well hope everyone can celebrate a bit this long weekend.

Take care,

Noi

I-130
22-08-2008 Mailed I-130 from Thailand
17-04-2009 K-3 Interview - Approved: Was Issued CR1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I-175
02-03-2011 Mailed I-751 from Michigan

3/21/2011- NOA1

4/18/2011-Biometrics

N-400
GC-Date: 5/1/09
Sent: 3/22/16
Cashd: 3/25/16
NOA: 3/25/16
Fprints: 4/22/16
In Line: 4/28/16
Int Ltr: 6/28/16
Interview:
Oath:
Field Office: Detroit

Divorced 11/19/2020

Timeline

Thank you Noi. Magic Girl and my fiancée were on the same flight from Bangkok to Korea and now my fiancée is somewhere over central Canada: She'll be touching down in just a few hours. I hope she gets to enjoy the fireworks tomorrow and doesn't fall asleep during them.

Congrats on Joe's GC; I understand that feeling of fulfillment when it is in hand.

Timeline

Congrats to all! I've been following the progress here on the thread for a while and it is good to see people go from NOA2 through interviews. I have learned a lot so far. It will be fun to see what happens as these new immigrants adjust to life in America.

Rinda (Thailand) and Chris (USA)

I-129F Timeline for K-1 Visa

04-23-2009 I-129F sent to VSC

04-28-2009 NOA1

09-06-2009 NOA2

09-14-2009 NVC In

09-16-2009 NVC Out

09-30-2009 Packet 3 to Embassy

10-02-2009 Appointment Letter

10-14-2009 Interview (delayed because interviewer sick)

10-15-2009 Interview (APPROVED!!!)

10-19-2009 Visa Received

10-20-2009 Flying to the USA!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello VJ friends,

Been following the forum for some time but just joined today. I met Ole in August 2007 and we got married on 10-09-08 in a Thai Buddhist ceremony. The BKK embassy was very fast in setting up our interview. We just returned the Packet 3 about the last week of June and the interview is already set for July 24, just after the last day of interviews that is posted on the embassy's website. We have used Star Visa in Chiang Mai to prepare our forms and everything has gone very smoothly.

Good luck to everyone

Bye for now

Jason

I129F sent 10-24-08

NOA1 12-29-08

NOA2 5-26-09

Packet 3 6-20-09

P3 returned 6-25-09

P4 received 7-2-09

Interview 7-24-09 (Approved)

Pick up 7-29-09

Timeline
Congrats everyone on recent approvals and upcoming POE arrivals. We went through the airport in Korea btw. It's a pretty decent airport & has free wifi.

Hey rsn, you went through Seoul? They had free wifi? I just passed through there not even 3 weeks ago and they didn't have it... Might have to get a flight back through there. Free is for me! Haha I am hoping Nan gets her interview in late Aug, early Sept. Should be responding to packet three end of next week.

Congrats to all those with recent approvals, I hope it keeps up.

Neil

Click our timeline to view our progress

Disclaimer: Our case was expedited. Do not base your timeline off of this. :)

826666e874.png

ea270d66be.png

Timeline

It's so exciting to see good news from so many happy couples! Don't let the process get you down. It's all worth it in the end! :dance:

K1 Journey

03/22/07 - Mailed I-129 Application

08/18/07 - Thai Wedding

09/06/07 - Interview Successful!

10/25/07 - P.O.E. San Francisco

11/01/07 - U.S. Wedding

AOS Journey

11/09/07 - Mailed AOS & EAD

12/12/07 - Biometrics

02/04/08 - Transferred to CSC

02/16/08 - EAD Card Received

05/27/08 - Green Card!

Naturalization Journey

08/28/08 - Filed N-400 via Section 319(b)

10/29/08 - NOA

11/20/08 - Biometrics

01/15/09 - Interview

01/29/09 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Thanti arrived yesterday, right on schedule, no hassles. It took her an extra 30 minutes to clear immigration because the guy in front of her in line was missing paperwork, so she was waiting for him. When her turn case, she got through in 5 minutes. Just a routine fingerprinting, photo, "welcome to America", and stapled the I-94 to her passport. No secondary processing. We've had a great first 24 hours at home and are off now to celebrate the fireworks, though it's a bit overcast and rainy in Chicago today.

I haven't yet updated my embassy review or POE review sections, it's all just happened so fast. I'll try to do those tomorrow.

Good luck all! Welcome to the newcomers to this thread... always welcome :)

Timeline
Thanti arrived yesterday, right on schedule, no hassles. It took her an extra 30 minutes to clear immigration because the guy in front of her in line was missing paperwork, so she was waiting for him. When her turn case, she got through in 5 minutes. Just a routine fingerprinting, photo, "welcome to America", and stapled the I-94 to her passport. No secondary processing. We've had a great first 24 hours at home and are off now to celebrate the fireworks, though it's a bit overcast and rainy in Chicago today.

I haven't yet updated my embassy review or POE review sections, it's all just happened so fast. I'll try to do those tomorrow.

Good luck all! Welcome to the newcomers to this thread... always welcome :)

:dance::dance: Wow, we made it POE SFO today 4 July 2009... it went well no problems checked paperwork in the envelope and then fingerprints and photo, welcome to the USA BABY and Happy Birthday USA..... I also will do a review, have just been to busy.... Now we start again AOS here we go...... No problem because we are together at last... :dance::dance::dance::dance:

K-1 Visa

San Jose California

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-30

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-10

NVC Received : 2009-03-13

NVC Left : 2009-04-20

Consulate Received : 2009-04-20

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-05

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-05-07

Packet 4 Received : 2009-05-28

Interview Date : 2009-06-30

Visa Received : 2009-07-02

US Entry : 2009-07-04

Marriage : 2009-07-24

Comments : touched 3/9/2009

Administrative Review at NVC

AP@NVC

Free at last left NVC

Embassy says they recieved it on same day it left NVC

Finally Got an Appointment Date Thank God

VISA ISSUED WHOOOOOOOOOOOO

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 70 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 182 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Port of Entry Review

Event Date

Port of Entry : San Francisco

POE Date : 2009-07-04

Got EAD Stamp : No

Biometrics Taken : Yes

Harassment Level : 0

Comments : Very fast and very easy... The officer was very friendly and quick, he reminded us to make sure we marrry within the 90 days. total time maybe 10 minutes at most...

Finally got my baby!!! Thank you BKK; POE SFO was great

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.