HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
The airline tickets are insanely expensive right now! I can't find anything under $1800!!! I was thinking Korean air to Dulles (I live in the Baltimore/DC area) but they're over $2100).

Try contacting the travel agent run/sponsored by Thaivisa.com They only book travel that begins in Thailand, and I found it was significantly cheaper than anything I could find online.

I also occasionally find cheap prices I can't find anywhere else at vayama.com. But that's for flights originating in the US.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congratulations, Scandal!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Timeline

Congrats to everyone! Good to see the process is going smooooottthhh.

The airline tickets are insanely expensive right now! I can't find anything under $1800!!! I was thinking Korean air to Dulles (I live in the Baltimore/DC area) but they're over $2100).

Fly out of New York, Eva Air has flights for 756 with Open return going to BKK around that time. I always take a regional airline to LAX or SF when I fly to BKK because the cost is so much less then flying through connections from Las Vegas. Usually costs me 49 one way to LAX or SF.

This is an important question. My fiance also got approved on the same day that scandal's fiance was approved.

She got the white slip and was told to return on Wednesday just the same as scandal's fiance. The problem is this, her slip says to return on July 3rd, Friday?!

So, at this point I have told my fiance to go and pick it up on the day they verbally told her, Wednesday.

Wondering what you think about this??? Is it normally two days? Why are they telling us two separate dates? What does scandal's white slip say?

Congrats nusder!!! You must be so happy :dance: :dance: :dance: When do you expect her to come to the US?

About the white slip - Good question. I'm in the US, haven't seen the white slip. I haven't spoken to Thanti since this morning (US time), but expect to shortly. I'll ask her about the white slip. She also logs on here sometimes, so I'll ask her if she would update the board directly with her first hand account of the interview.

Ok, I just had our translator service we used send me a scan of the paper, and it says July 1st at 3pm. She must have misread it and saw the 3 o'clock time thinking that was a date. Thanks for the help, I am excited for you, have a wonderful fourth of july!

:innocent: Do you need my helps CHR.?

Hi nusder05, First of all Congratulations for you and your fiancee.

My white slip said " Please return to pick up your immigrant visa or your fiancee visa on JULY 1 at 3:00 pm.

Please have a seat in the waiting room and your name will be called."

Please tell your fiancee to write her FULL name in english before hand in it back to the officer.

May I ask your fiancee's name I will meet her and take care of her for you if you do not mind.

One interesting case for study: One of my friend had the interview last week and got approved she came to get the visa on June 29

but the staff said she can not get the visa today because her case has a problem she asked for the problem but he couldn't tell.

He told her to go back and wait for calling from the embassy.That day about 10ppl got the visa except HER !

While she try to think about what wrong for her case she saw the nice LADY who did the interview she went to her

and ask about her case why she can not get the visa today.The nice lady told her to have a seat she needs to check

(seems she didn't know what wrong with her case) My friend waited till 4:40 pm. the nice lady said we are sorry the mistake was because

the embassy please come back again tomorrow(June 30) My friend asked her to confirm that if she come back tomorrow she will get the visa ...SURE ?

she said sure. my friend asked for her white slip the date didn't changed she said will not have any problem with it .

When she came back today the guard said there is no appointment for picking up visa today then she told him the story and show the white slip

then he let her get in ................ at the end she got the visa today.

What do you think if she go back and wait for their contact How long does it take? some cases have been waited 1-2 months :wacko:

~*~ CHR.+CHW.=AF ~*~

Hi, this is my first post. I have reviewed the FAQ's and the Guides and searched the forums and did not find an answer to my question.

I am helping my BIL (a US Citizen) apply for the K-1 fiancee visa for his Cambodian fiancee. We are processing through the US Embassy in Phnom Penh Cambodia. Everything has gone smoothly until the Embassy failed to issue the K-1 Visa at the initial interview and at a subsequent interview due to not having a Police Report from a 3 year period the Cambodian fiance lived and worked in Thailand.

The Fiancee was working in Ban Mai Nong Sai, Aranyaprathet, Sakeo, Thailand. This place is located very close to the Cambodian border near Poipet and Sisophon, Cambodia. She has gone to the local police station in Ban Mai Nong Sai/Aranyaprathet to seek the required police report saying she has no criminal record. The police station would not issue any paperwork indicating the lack of a criminal record because they say they have no record of her on file.

My question is, when obtaining the required police report/certification in Thailand, is it required to be done at the local police station where the Thai citizen lives, or is it necessary to go to a major police station (like in Bangkok) to get the police report? Is there a particular form or document that one needs to obtain the police certification (or that would facilitate getting the certificate or increase the chances)?

What is the procedure to get the police report? It looks like others have indicated you get your fingerprints done and then come back in 2 weeks to pick up the final certificate. Accurate/correct? Any fees? Are there services that do this cheaply or best to just do it in person?

Thanks for your help. We have 3 months left on this K-1 application before it expires, so we are starting to worry about the deadline.

Timeline
Hi, this is my first post. I have reviewed the FAQ's and the Guides and searched the forums and did not find an answer to my question.

I am helping my BIL (a US Citizen) apply for the K-1 fiancee visa for his Cambodian fiancee. We are processing through the US Embassy in Phnom Penh Cambodia. Everything has gone smoothly until the Embassy failed to issue the K-1 Visa at the initial interview and at a subsequent interview due to not having a Police Report from a 3 year period the Cambodian fiance lived and worked in Thailand.

The Fiancee was working in Ban Mai Nong Sai, Aranyaprathet, Sakeo, Thailand. This place is located very close to the Cambodian border near Poipet and Sisophon, Cambodia. She has gone to the local police station in Ban Mai Nong Sai/Aranyaprathet to seek the required police report saying she has no criminal record. The police station would not issue any paperwork indicating the lack of a criminal record because they say they have no record of her on file.

My question is, when obtaining the required police report/certification in Thailand, is it required to be done at the local police station where the Thai citizen lives, or is it necessary to go to a major police station (like in Bangkok) to get the police report? Is there a particular form or document that one needs to obtain the police certification (or that would facilitate getting the certificate or increase the chances)?

What is the procedure to get the police report? It looks like others have indicated you get your fingerprints done and then come back in 2 weeks to pick up the final certificate. Accurate/correct? Any fees? Are there services that do this cheaply or best to just do it in person?

Thanks for your help. We have 3 months left on this K-1 application before it expires, so we are starting to worry about the deadline.

I'll try to give you some partial answers. Hopefully others can weigh in as well.

1. Welcome to VJ (VisaJourney) :thumbs:

2. There is also a Cambodia discussion thread on VJ. I don't think it has a great deal of traffic, but you may get more information specific to Cambodia there. It's at http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=61956

3. You can probably breathe easy regarding the deadline on the K-1 application. When it is in processing by NVC or USCIS or an embassy (as yours is now), the clock is effectively stopped. Since they've asked you to gather more evidence in order to continue, they've effectively put the 'clock' on the approved I-129F petition on hold. In any event, the embassy at this stage has the ability to extend the deadline indefinitely as they see fit, since they are the ones controlling the issuance of the K-1 visa.

4. For Thai applicants who are being processed through the Embassy in Bangkok, we MUST get our police certificates from the main Police station in Bangkok. Even if the Thai applicant lives elsewhere in Thailand, they must travel to Bangkok and receive it there. I would guess that the same should apply in your situation. The local police office she went to cannot issue the document required by the Embassy in Bangkok, and almost certainly the Embassy in Phnom Penh will have the same standard. I believe your BIL's fiancee will have to travel to Bangkok.

5. There is a small fee for the police report in Bangkok. This is new - it used to be free, but a few months ago they began charging a fee. I think it is 200 Baht, if my memory servers.

6. It takes approximately 2 weeks to issue it. She must come in person with her NOA2 letter, her ID card (this is for Thais, as a Cambodian she should probably bring ID card, passport, whatever she has), and 2 photos (if I recall correctly). She can return in person to pick it up, or request to have it mailed to her (I don't know if they will mail to Cambodia, or only within Thailand).

Good luck!!

Timeline
This is an important question. My fiance also got approved on the same day that scandal's fiance was approved.

She got the white slip and was told to return on Wednesday just the same as scandal's fiance. The problem is this, her slip says to return on July 3rd, Friday?!

So, at this point I have told my fiance to go and pick it up on the day they verbally told her, Wednesday.

Wondering what you think about this??? Is it normally two days? Why are they telling us two separate dates? What does scandal's white slip say?

Congrats nusder!!! You must be so happy :dance: :dance: :dance: When do you expect her to come to the US?

About the white slip - Good question. I'm in the US, haven't seen the white slip. I haven't spoken to Thanti since this morning (US time), but expect to shortly. I'll ask her about the white slip. She also logs on here sometimes, so I'll ask her if she would update the board directly with her first hand account of the interview.

Ok, I just had our translator service we used send me a scan of the paper, and it says July 1st at 3pm. She must have misread it and saw the 3 o'clock time thinking that was a date. Thanks for the help, I am excited for you, have a wonderful fourth of july!

:innocent: Do you need my helps CHR.?

Hi nusder05, First of all Congratulations for you and your fiancee.

My white slip said " Please return to pick up your immigrant visa or your fiancee visa on JULY 1 at 3:00 pm.

Please have a seat in the waiting room and your name will be called."

Please tell your fiancee to write her FULL name in english before hand in it back to the officer.

May I ask your fiancee's name I will meet her and take care of her for you if you do not mind.

One interesting case for study: One of my friend had the interview last week and got approved she came to get the visa on June 29

but the staff said she can not get the visa today because her case has a problem she asked for the problem but he couldn't tell.

He told her to go back and wait for calling from the embassy.That day about 10ppl got the visa except HER !

While she try to think about what wrong for her case she saw the nice LADY who did the interview she went to her

and ask about her case why she can not get the visa today.The nice lady told her to have a seat she needs to check

(seems she didn't know what wrong with her case) My friend waited till 4:40 pm. the nice lady said we are sorry the mistake was because

the embassy please come back again tomorrow(June 30) My friend asked her to confirm that if she come back tomorrow she will get the visa ...SURE ?

she said sure. my friend asked for her white slip the date didn't changed she said will not have any problem with it .

When she came back today the guard said there is no appointment for picking up visa today then she told him the story and show the white slip

then he let her get in ................ at the end she got the visa today.

What do you think if she go back and wait for their contact How long does it take? some cases have been waited 1-2 months :wacko:

Good information :thumbs:

Can you please post your Embassy Experience report :innocent: ?

Since I know you are not at all busy, have no suitcases to pack, no friends to say good bye to, ........ :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

4. For Thai applicants who are being processed through the Embassy in Bangkok, we MUST get our police certificates from the main Police station in Bangkok. Even if the Thai applicant lives elsewhere in Thailand, they must travel to Bangkok and receive it there. I would guess that the same should apply in your situation. The local police office she went to cannot issue the document required by the Embassy in Bangkok, and almost certainly the Embassy in Phnom Penh will have the same standard. I believe your BIL's fiancee will have to travel to Bangkok.

5. There is a small fee for the police report in Bangkok. This is new - it used to be free, but a few months ago they began charging a fee. I think it is 200 Baht, if my memory servers.

6. It takes approximately 2 weeks to issue it. She must come in person with her NOA2 letter, her ID card (this is for Thais, as a Cambodian she should probably bring ID card, passport, whatever she has), and 2 photos (if I recall correctly). She can return in person to pick it up, or request to have it mailed to her (I don't know if they will mail to Cambodia, or only within Thailand).

Scandal,

Thanks a million! That makes sense that the Thai applicants going through the embassy in BKK would need to go through the main police station, the same as Cambodians must go through the Phnom Penh main police station for their records check. Does anyone have the address or contact info for the BKK main police station handy? And any confirmation that the materials needed for the police record check are NOA2 letter, ID card/passport, 2 photos, plus fee? Anyone dealt with this as a Cambodian going through the Phnom Penh Embassy?

Regarding the NOA2, I just want to verify that this is the Notice of Action I-797 from the USCIS that basically says the 129F petition has been approved and is being forwarded to the National Visa Center for processing?

Timeline
Scandal,

Thanks a million! That makes sense that the Thai applicants going through the embassy in BKK would need to go through the main police station, the same as Cambodians must go through the Phnom Penh main police station for their records check. Does anyone have the address or contact info for the BKK main police station handy? And any confirmation that the materials needed for the police record check are NOA2 letter, ID card/passport, 2 photos, plus fee? Anyone dealt with this as a Cambodian going through the Phnom Penh Embassy?

Regarding the NOA2, I just want to verify that this is the Notice of Action I-797 from the USCIS that basically says the 129F petition has been approved and is being forwarded to the National Visa Center for processing?

Yes, the NOA2 is the I-797 form.

Have a look at this http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/thaipoliceapr09.pdf

You can find here the instructions, requirements, address and map of the police station in Bangkok.

Even better, it specifically addresses non-Thai applicants living outside of Thailand. Your BIL's fiancee may be able to do this by mail without having to go to Bangkok at all:

NON-THAI APPLICANT

 Passport with one photocopy

 Document(s) certify that the applicant is working, used to work or residing in Thailand.

 Thai Working permit (if available) with one photocopy.

APPLICANT RESIDING ABOARD

The applicant can send a request by mail to the Police Clearance Service Center with above required

documents and below additional documents:

 Two Photographs(1 inch or 2 inches)

 Three sets of fingerprint. Fingerprint must be taken at local police or at the Thai

Embassy or Consulate in your country together with the official seal and signature of

the official taking the fingerprint.

 An envelope with pre-paid stamps and applicant's address to mail certificate back to

the applicant.

Timeline

Visa in Hand! 07/01/09

Thanks for all the help!

Yay! Flying her in this weekend, good luck to everyone in the process, keep the faith!

Could anyone point me in the direction of the next steps in the process for when she arrives? I normally take one step at a time so I need to start planning all of her paperwork stateside, any help is appreciated!

Timeline
Visa in Hand! 07/01/09

Thanks for all the help!

Yay! Flying her in this weekend, good luck to everyone in the process, keep the faith!

Could anyone point me in the direction of the next steps in the process for when she arrives? I normally take one step at a time so I need to start planning all of her paperwork stateside, any help is appreciated!

Congrats!!

We just picked up our visa too. All set and ready to go. Other than she's still busy shopping and hasn't started to pack yet :o

Next steps are .... POE (Entering the US), get married within 90 days, and file AOS/AP/EAD.

There is info here in the VJ guides, and people that are just ahead of us in the process who can offer advice.

One thing I am planning to do today is to buy a temporary health insurance policy for her, for about 4 months.

This subject gets raised on VJ periodically but I'm amazes how little attention it seems to get.

I can't put her on my policy at work until we're married, and we won't marry until Sept.

Until then, she's uninsured unless I take steps to get coverage. Seems to me this should be MANDATORY advice for anyone arriving

in the US to start a new life and get established.

Edited by scandal

Timeline
Visa in Hand! 07/01/09

Thanks for all the help!

Congrats!!

We just picked up our visa too. All set and ready to go. Other than she's still busy shopping and hasn't started to pack yet :o

Next steps are .... POE (Entering the US), get married within 90 days, and file AOS/AP/EAD.

There is info here in the VJ guides, and people that are just ahead of us in the process who can offer advice.

One thing I am planning to do today is to buy a temporary health insurance policy for her, for about 4 months.

This subject gets raised on VJ periodically but I'm amazes how little attention it seems to get.

I can't put her on my policy at work until we're married, and we won't marry until Sept.

Until then, she's uninsured unless I take steps to get coverage. Seems to me this should be MANDATORY advice for anyone arriving

in the US to start a new life and get established.

Very good advice about the insurance, as my benefits won't cover until I marry, although I hope to do that as soon as possible, it still will be a small gap of time where she is uncovered. I am going to check it out!

I just got her ticket, she flies in on the 4th of July!!! Funny thing, it was one of the cheapest flights available.

As far as her POE, I am happy to have it in Minneapolis, which is her final stop! Just wondering how difficult this is? Will they giver her any problems on entry?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

FYI:

Interview was at 8 am on the 30th, she went in at 715 and was out by 930. Two questions, 1. When did you meet? 2. When was the last time he came to Thailand?

Pick up visa on the 2ed.

Timeline

:innocent::thumbs::dance::dance:Hello All and sorry for the delay in reporting. I have been so busy and ...... Sorry again she got it, white slip Visa issued July 2, 2009 at 3PM... No problems, standard questions:

Where did you meet?

How did you meet?

What was your work?

How many times did Mike come to Thailand?

Pon said the lady was very nice and smiled. Not overly friendly just nice and respectful....

We fly on July 4, to SFO EVA air

Congratulations to Scandal and Afischer, and all the others....

Thank you Mark for not forgetting me, and all of your constant support and assurance...

WOW it does feel good to be through this step of the process.....

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN :dance::dance::dance::dance::star::dance::innocent:

K-1 Visa

San Jose California

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-30

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-10

NVC Received : 2009-03-13

NVC Left : 2009-04-20

Consulate Received : 2009-04-20

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-05

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-05-07

Packet 4 Received : 2009-05-28

Interview Date : 2009-06-30

Visa Received : 2009-07-02

US Entry : 2009-07-04

Marriage : 2009-07-24

Comments : touched 3/9/2009

Administrative Review at NVC

AP@NVC

Free at last left NVC

Embassy says they recieved it on same day it left NVC

Finally Got an Appointment Date Thank God

VISA ISSUED WHOOOOOOOOOOOO

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 70 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 182 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Port of Entry Review

Event Date

Port of Entry : San Francisco

POE Date : 2009-07-04

Got EAD Stamp : No

Biometrics Taken : Yes

Harassment Level : 0

Comments : Very fast and very easy... The officer was very friendly and quick, he reminded us to make sure we marrry within the 90 days. total time maybe 10 minutes at most...

Finally got my baby!!! Thank you BKK; POE SFO was great

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congratulations Aaron! As was previously noted, there is a diaspora of Thai women this summer.

nusder05, that might be because Kim Jong Il intends to launch a rocket on the 4th, though not the kind most Americans are used to. I've heard that he has threatened to shoot down Japanese aircraft that come to close. Considering my fiancée is transiting through Korea, I have thought about this more than once, but I think we'll all be fine; how much assurance can one ever have when dealing with a tyrannical megalomaniac?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.