HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Brother Scandal,

How are your nerves at this point?!?!?!?! :clock:

Just wanted to let you know that we're praying for the best for Thanti (and you of course) for this next Monday! I know you guys are well prepared, and considering that the 'atmosphere' at the interviews has changed radically for the better over the past month or so...I'm sure she'll knock em' dead!

Oh ya...Good Luck to Giram as well!!! Since you're going to be in BKK (I'm jealous) for the interview, I expect the congratulatory Singha to be flowing following the interview!

Peace Peace Peace Peace!

MarkNAAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

or Chang or Tiger; whatever poison he prefers.

My idea is a good Thai dinner with an even better imported bottle of wine. There was an Italian place downtown that I rather enjoyed: The mia noi yipoon would congregate there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Re: recently completed interviews in BKK

I am posting my question here rather than as a new topic because this Thread seems to be appropriate for Bangkok embassy information.

Our interview is coming up on July 10 at 8 am. I will arrive BKK at 2am and accompany Puy. I hope to have enough energy to celebrate afterwards.

Over the past few months, there have been posts concerning changes in the identities and temperaments of the consular services interviewers in BKK.

They seemed to be positive changes. It would be great to have some confirmation of this by people who have undergone their interviews recently.

I know that posting to VJ is the last thing on the minds of recent visa recipients but it sure encourages the people in line behind you.

Thanks in advance, congratulations to the successful interviewees, best wishes for everyone still waiting.

Goat

Timeline
You should be OK. The one year requirement is medical to AOS filing.

From the I-693 instructions, section III, part 2, paragraph c (http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693instr.pdf):

"You are not required to have another medical

examination as long as your Form I-485,

Application to Register Permanent Residence or

Adjust Status, is filed within one year of your

overseas medical examination."

Thanks!! :thumbs:

Brother Scandal,

Just wanted to let you know that we're praying for the best for Thanti (and you of course) for this next Monday! I know you guys are well prepared, and considering that the 'atmosphere' at the interviews has changed radically for the better over the past month or so...I'm sure she'll knock em' dead!

Oh ya...Good Luck to Giram as well!!! Since you're going to be in BKK (I'm jealous) for the interview, I expect the congratulatory Singha to be flowing following the interview!

Peace Peace Peace Peace!

MarkNAAm

Hi Brother Mark. I'm doing fine. Just keeping busy with chores around the house. 24 hours to go......

I am posting my question here rather than as a new topic because this Thread seems to be appropriate for Bangkok embassy information.

Our interview is coming up on July 10 at 8 am. I will arrive BKK at 2am and accompany Puy. I hope to have enough energy to celebrate afterwards.

Over the past few months, there have been posts concerning changes in the identities and temperaments of the consular services interviewers in BKK.

They seemed to be positive changes. It would be great to have some confirmation of this by people who have undergone their interviews recently.

I know that posting to VJ is the last thing on the minds of recent visa recipients but it sure encourages the people in line behind you.

Thanks in advance, congratulations to the successful interviewees, best wishes for everyone still waiting.

Goat

Hi goat... good luck to you!

Do stay here on Sawasdee, this is indeed our "hangout". There are many who are post-interview and here in the US and still come on here regularly, so you will see continue to see information from those with experience here.

The embassy process does seem to have improved dramatically in the past month or so.

From Jan-March, the CO doing interviews was a real hard-case that was rejecting applications routinely.

In April-late May, everything seemed to grind to a halt and there appeared to be few if any interviews scheduled.

Now in June there is a new CO, interviews are proceeding, and approvals are being granted when documentation is well organized. The only ones being given 221g forms seem to be those with missing documentation, as appropriate.

So yes, things have improved. My guess is that they had a real internal dust-up with the former CO, stopped the process to internally reorganize, and are now back to business as usual.

Timeline

Goat

Hello, welcome, and good luck on the upcoming interview. Have a look at the embassy reviews section. I myself and others have posted information about recent interview experiences. Also, there is likely additional information in the last month or so in this thread.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Timeline

Definitely go here:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php

And choose Thailand from among the list. You'll see several reviews from the past two weeks along with the questions asked and other information gleaned from members and their fiancées.

Brother Scandal,

Peace Peace Peace Peace!

MarkNAAm

:innocent: Thank you so much for your praying and best wishs for us ,we are very appreciate for all your supports

I will do the best hope I can do One punch knock :dead:

~*~ CHR.+CHW.=AF ~*~

Timeline
Brother Scandal,

Peace Peace Peace Peace!

MarkNAAm

:innocent: Thank you so much for your praying and best wishs for us ,we are very appreciate for all your supports

I will do the best hope I can do One punch knock :dead:

Here's Thanti (magic girl), going through our final review over Skype tonight, less than 24 hours before interview time.

She actually printed out our ENTIRE skype chat history for an entire year -- it came to 3 bound volumes (proudly held up), each about an inch thick.

Don't get me started. Yeah, I told her she was completely crazy to do this.

But I'm proud of her, and a little awed by her determination to get everything done exactly right, every i dotted and every t crossed.

Now, it's down to the wire!

normal_skype_crazy!.jpg

Timeline

All the best to her. I thought the same thing when my fiancée told me that she printed 500 pages of sampled MSN chats. She said that she had two bags full of evidence.

Timeline

We're approved!!! Thanti just called me -- I just got off the phone with her. :dance: :dance: :dance:

She got there an hour early. When they first called her up, they asked her for the post-office receipt of payment. She told them that she had included the original receipt from the post office in the Packet-3 response. They said they didn't have it. She said she had a photocopy of it. They said that wasn't good enough, she should go to the post office and get a duplicate receipt and come back on Mon or Wed. She said, ok, can she go out and still bring it today (Monday)? They said yes. However they told her to have a seat, and meanwhile they came back and "found" our Packet 3 envelope with the missing receipt. Huh????? #######???? Anyway, with that straightened out, she was #8 in line, had a quick interview with the female CO, the usual questions about how did we meet? When? When was my last trip to Thailand? Why had I not visited Thailand during 2009? Did she know I was divorced? How many kids do I have? Did we travel together in Thailand? All easy to answer questions, no complications whatsoever.

She got the white slip, and was told to pick up the visa on Wed July 1st.

She's flying out Thursday night and I'll pick her up at O'Hare on Friday morning, in time for the long weekend!!

:dance: :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
We're approved!!! Thanti just called me -- I just got off the phone with her. :dance: :dance: :dance:

She got there an hour early. When they first called her up, they asked her for the post-office receipt of payment. She told them that she had included the original receipt from the post office in the Packet-3 response. They said they didn't have it. She said she had a photocopy of it. They said that wasn't good enough, she should go to the post office and get a duplicate receipt and come back on Mon or Wed. She said, ok, can she go out and still bring it today (Monday)? They said yes. However they told her to have a seat, and meanwhile they came back and "found" our Packet 3 envelope with the missing receipt. Huh????? #######???? Anyway, with that straightened out, she was #8 in line, had a quick interview with the female CO, the usual questions about how did we meet? When? When was my last trip to Thailand? Why had I not visited Thailand during 2009? Did she know I was divorced? How many kids do I have? Did we travel together in Thailand? All easy to answer questions, no complications whatsoever.

She's flying out Thursday night and I'll pick her up at O'Hare on Friday morning, in time for the long weekend!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

I'm not a regular here but have been watching and so happy for you!! Congratulations and enjoy the rest of the journey!

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
We're approved!!! Thanti just called me -- I just got off the phone with her. :dance::dance::dance:

:dance::dance:

:thumbs::yes: Congrats, bro! :star::star::star::star::star:

Timeline

so confusing (Thai and Sawasdee thread since both are so active).

Our interview is finally scheduled. Got packet 4 by email this evening...361 days from when we first handed over our K-1 application.

Relieved it's almost over but nervous cause it's really (finally) happening! Been waiting and let down so many times, I almost don't know what to do when success comes!

The airline tickets are insanely expensive right now! I can't find anything under $1800!!! I was thinking Korean air to Dulles (I live in the Baltimore/DC area) but they're over $2100).

I'm having the toughest time! I'd like to stay about a month and also be there for her interview. I dont' really want to waste too much time there once visa is in hand so that makes impossible possibilities since the interview is less than a month away on the 23rd! I really need a couple weeks to get things together here so even going out July 14, tickets are closer to $2k. My problem is getting hers comign back and having flexibility in case there's a delay with both our tickets.

Thank you to others posting your interview experiences. THat's quite reassuring! i think airline tickets now will be the most difficult part.

Looking at leaving July 14 or 20 or so, coming back 3-4 weeks later....ugh! Prices are insane! My first trip to BKK was $935

Edited by HYENA

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.