HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

It is good now. They subtracted my tax debt from my income. They followed that. I will be approved I am sure,

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hell Ya!!!

"During the interview, the applicant submitted only 5 photos, some money

transfers, 2 cards. Your 2007 income is above the poverty guidelines,

but the consular officer has noted an IRS lien of 11K from JUN 2008,

which would bring the income to below poverty guidelines. Thus, in

order to process the case, the applicant needs to submit more

substantial evidence of relationship and information about the lien."

Now I know.

that sounds much better .i wonder how long u have to get a cosponsor and more evidence...thats much better. i know he's tough cookie from what i read but maybe he feels his time is wasted or he's frustrated when he can't justifiably approve.

The Bangkok embassy does not allow co-sponsors. There was another guy that got denied last week because he had a co-sponsor.

Also why not wait to file your 2008 taxes until after the interview, if you are above the poverty line in 2007. They cannot ask for a 2008 tax return until after the filing deadline in April.

In Daboyz case a co-sponsor is possible as it is a CR-1/IR-1, so uses the I-864, not the I-134. The I-864 allows for a co-sponsor.

K-3

11/15/2006 - NOA1 Receipt for 129F

02/12/2007 - I-130 and I-129F approved!

04/17/2007 - Interview - visa approved!

04/18/2007 - POE LAX - Finally in the USA!!!

04/19/2007 - WE ARE FINALLY HOME!!!

09/20/2007 - Sent Packet 3 for K-4 Visas (follow to join for children)

10/02/2007 - K-4 Interviews - approved

10/12/2007 - Everyone back to USA!

AOS

06/20/2008 - Mailed I-485, I-765 (plus I-130 for children)

06/27/2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130s

07/16/2008 - Biometrics appointment

08/28/2008 - EAD cards received

11/20/2008 - AOS Interviews - approved

Citizenship

08/22/2011 - Mailed N-400

Timeline

Here we go again, more protests in Bangkok!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090224/ap_on_...hailand_protest

K-3

11/15/2006 - NOA1 Receipt for 129F

02/12/2007 - I-130 and I-129F approved!

04/17/2007 - Interview - visa approved!

04/18/2007 - POE LAX - Finally in the USA!!!

04/19/2007 - WE ARE FINALLY HOME!!!

09/20/2007 - Sent Packet 3 for K-4 Visas (follow to join for children)

10/02/2007 - K-4 Interviews - approved

10/12/2007 - Everyone back to USA!

AOS

06/20/2008 - Mailed I-485, I-765 (plus I-130 for children)

06/27/2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130s

07/16/2008 - Biometrics appointment

08/28/2008 - EAD cards received

11/20/2008 - AOS Interviews - approved

Citizenship

08/22/2011 - Mailed N-400

Timeline

Hi all!

I know it's a K-1 visa forum but I've been a part of SAWASDEE since my K-1 - and now my removing of condition...

AND I just got an APPROVAL LETTER!!! Woot!!! :dance:

It took me about almost a year for this approval. i'm so happy!! :star:

Too bad I cant say good bye yet to USCIS since i'll be applying for the citizenship in May... but at least I get to use this new card for my upcoming trip to Thailand (wish all the protest stop by then!!) and I hope my GC arrive soon!

Good luck y'all :thumbs:

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Timeline

Excellent news Anya. Congratulations and all the best. I am at the beginning of the process and it seems very long. There are always more forms, more appointments, more waiting. I am certain it shall be easier when my fiancée is here with me.

This is not the same Thailand I remember. I wish all the Thai people peace.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congrats to all approvals! :thumbs: :thumbs:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Timeline
Hell Ya!!!

Now I know.

Hi all,

I've been offline for about a week, I moved to my new home and won't have my internet hooked up till Saturday.

So I can only get online at work, which usually isn't convenient.

Anyway - sorry to hear about your troubles daboyz, I hope you can resolve them quickly.

Regarding the financial part of it - I think you should be able to come to terms with them regarding your income/tax situation.

Regarding the "evidence of relationship" - what exactly do these guys want? And what did you submit?

What does " only 5 photos, some money transfers, 2 cards" mean? Phone calling cards? Did you provide any email printouts, SMS records, etc? Evidence of travel (boarding cards, passport stamps, etc.?) Do you have such things? I think we're all eager to know what the threshold is for "sufficient" evidence of relationship to get through this. I remember Aaron had a similar problem at his interview.

Good luck, keep us posted. Hopefully you get your visa quickly.

Timeline
We made it to Las Vegas at about 2:00 am last night (Thursday)

We landed in LA at 8pm. and went to immigration, took us about 45 minutes to clear immigration, the lines were not to long, their were 3 officers at the line we got in, and I was watching each one process the visitors, I was hoping for a particular one, cause the other ones seemed a bit grumpy. We got the good one, both of us walked up together, I handed him our passports and the "brown" envelope, and told him we were there on K1, he said no problem, let me process your passport first. Put me in the computer handed it back. Then he put hers in and she only needed to finger print her right hand, and then take a picture. He opened the packet looked for the A#, put it on the back of the I94, gave her back her passport, and said to me you know you two have to get married in 90 days. I said yep. Away we went.

Got our 5 bags each about 25Kg, and headed over to get the rental car, the line was slow took about 45 minutes and then we were on the road. She speaks pretty good enbglish and it was funny about 15 minutes on the road and she remarks, I am going to have to carry my dictionary everywhere with me (I bought her an electronic one while in Bangkok).

So far there have been quite a few little amusing things, but probably the funniest is everytime we go to the car, she always goes to the drivers side.

We basically slept the entire day until about 5pm, returned the rental car and then headed out to dinner, now I am ready to sleep some more. Spending 3 months over there really plays with the internal clock.

Way to go guys! Congrats on a safe arrival stateside. Thanks for the POE report - if you haven't already, you should add that to VJ's reviews of LAX.

If Harry Reid gets his way, you'll soon have a high speed rail link to whisk you from LAX to Vegas, rather than having to drive I-15 through Barstow. Should happen round about the same time the Thais finally extend BTS past the airport and all the way down to Pattaya..... :dance:

Hi all!

I know it's a K-1 visa forum but I've been a part of SAWASDEE since my K-1 - and now my removing of condition...

AND I just got an APPROVAL LETTER!!! Woot!!! :dance:

It took me about almost a year for this approval. i'm so happy!! :star:

Too bad I cant say good bye yet to USCIS since i'll be applying for the citizenship in May... but at least I get to use this new card for my upcoming trip to Thailand (wish all the protest stop by then!!) and I hope my GC arrive soon!

Good luck y'all :thumbs:

Congratulations! Removal of conditions sounds like a real pain. We are trying to avoid it. I hope your citizenship process goes much more quickly.

Thai Mom

Timeline
Way to go guys! Congrats on a safe arrival stateside. Thanks for the POE report - if you haven't already, you should add that to VJ's reviews of LAX.

If Harry Reid gets his way, you'll soon have a high speed rail link to whisk you from LAX to Vegas, rather than having to drive I-15 through Barstow. Should happen round about the same time the Thais finally extend BTS past the airport and all the way down to Pattaya..... kicking.gif

Already added it.

That train will most likely never be built it will be a sink hole of money. It has been talked about for so long, 20 years, if not longer. I doubt it would be worth the money for people to take it to be honest. You can get round trip tickets on southwest from LA to Vegas for 120 bucks. I can't imagine the train would be much cheaper. The other side of the coin also is, while in Vegas our public transportation system blows, and people will take the train here and have to fork over so much to get around they would have been better off driving the car.

Timeline
Hell Ya!!!

Now I know.

that sounds much better .i wonder how long u have to get a cosponsor and more evidence...thats much better. i know he's tough cookie from what i read but maybe he feels his time is wasted or he's frustrated when he can't justifiably approve.

The Bangkok embassy does not allow co-sponsors. There was another guy that got denied last week because he had a co-sponsor.

Also why not wait to file your 2008 taxes until after the interview, if you are above the poverty line in 2007. They cannot ask for a 2008 tax return until after the filing deadline in April.

Are you SURE BKK doesn't allow cosponsors? I thought that's a national thing not up to the individual country. I've never heard of that. My lawyer's office mentioned a cosponsor if my taxes were low, no prob. if you have a link, I'd appreciate it.

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

Timeline
I received an e-mail today saying that my petition was approved. NOA2 is in the mail!

Congratulations! That's great.

WOW...I guess they forgot all about August...I'm watching September and October people with their spouses here already. I've got tickets to go in 2 weeks for the pre-wedding ceremony there but I really don't want to come back without her but it's looking like that's what I'll have to do.

I really want to be there to help her for the interview and bring her here...she's only been on a plane once and that was with me from Cambodia to BKK. Navigating an international airport would be crazy (changing planes).

I wish they'd get on it but NOTHING! Her family wants march 21 (lucky and all that) but I'd just assume wait 'till I ave something then go. I am very depressed...worrying about that guy in the embassy...worrying about everything...maybe I wont' be ready for her here...ughh!

Edited by HYENA

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

Timeline
I received an e-mail today saying that my petition was approved. NOA2 is in the mail!

WOW...I guess they forgot all about August...I'm watching September and October people with their spouses here already. I've got tickets to go in 2 weeks for the pre-wedding ceremony there but I really don't want to come back without her but it's looking like that's what I'll have to do.

I really want to be there to help her for the interview and bring her here...she's only been on a plane once and that was with me from Cambodia to BKK. Navigating an international airport would be crazy (changing planes).

I wish they'd get on it but NOTHING! Her family wants march 21 (lucky and all that) but I'd just assume wait 'till I ave something then go. I am very depressed...worrying about that guy in the embassy...worrying about everything...maybe I wont' be ready for her here...ughh!

Here is a link to the thread where the guy got denied with a co-sponsor in BKK: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=179527

She will have a crazy time going through international airport by her self. Nam reads english very well, and has traveled quite a bit in SE Asia, and she told me she was very happy I was with her, cause she would have been completely lost, without me there to help out and point the directions out.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Here is a link to the thread where the guy got denied with a co-sponsor in BKK: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=179527

She will have a crazy time going through international airport by her self. Nam reads english very well, and has traveled quite a bit in SE Asia, and she told me she was very happy I was with her, cause she would have been completely lost, without me there to help out and point the directions out.

I have been told that LOS does not allow co-sponsors as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.