notime4haterz

OMG Approval Notice...but not my husband's!

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Yes, I guess we'll see. I just have a feeling that USCIS is going to say something like they process each case separately. I just know they're going to give me generic answers and it's already making me stressed out, before I even get to do anything LOL

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Aruba
Timeline

go easy dont fight with them talk to supervisor if didnt get true hang up and try again

an1cCnE0f--0410MDAwMTg3NHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8Q2l2aWwgTWFycmllZA.gifas1cCx0-M3-0410MDM3ODEwc3wzNzcyNHN8Q2h1cmNoIFdlZGRpbmc.gif

an1cCsA-M000410MzAwMjY1MGp8NDc0Mjk2bGF8U3RhcnRlZCBWaXNhIFByb2Nlc3M.gif

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

09/02 Received DS-3032&I-864 Bill

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

26/02 Mail AOS&IV Package

Stuck at NVC :-(

10/3 Medical PASSED!

11/3 AVR states IV paid (1 month after it got paid)

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

19/02 Embassy gave me apt for K-3

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

04/04/09 POE: ARUBA

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Narnia in this instance I would really hope that the congressman's office would be willing to step in and provide some assistance. If nothing else, because your stepchildren aren't fluent in the native language, and were coming over on the expectation that their father would be with them, I would think these are at least halfway decent grounds to take a shot at an expedite, although you really don't an expedite, what you need is a "find my m-ther f--king husband's file and let's finish this thing" request.

Good luck. I am happy for you for at least this news, hopefully the ball will keep rolling, but I definitely do think you've got some real basis now to make noise. Be a pest. A diplomatic pest, but a pest nonetheless

Best of luck, baby..

CJ-G

Yes, I guess we'll see. I just have a feeling that USCIS is going to say something like they process each case separately. I just know they're going to give me generic answers and it's already making me stressed out, before I even get to do anything LOL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
I would have considered that as a reason. I'm not going to keep explaining my past. My ex-husband holds no residency or greencard. Yes, we applied for one. Yes, the judge ruled in our favor. No, my husband did not stay in the US to obtain the benefit. He went back home.

However, how can they delay an approval on petition that hasn't been assigned to anyone yet? In other words, no one has looked at it. If they did, I would say that maybe that is the reason it's being delayed. However, the fact that no one has ever looked at it...makes no sense!

That is USCIS's customer service greatest line to get you off the phone. They did it to me as well and i was approved 2 days after they sd that. Like i sd and as you even thought of, its more than likely and im 90% sure its been assigned to someone, they are just going thru extra steps bc of your past immigration marriage. Once that is checked out ok, youll have your approval. I would as others have stated talk to your congressman, especially since your step kids have already been approved.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline

Hey sweetie pie! You took the words right out of my mouth! LOL see bolded statement below ;)

I have sent emails to everyone. I'm going to see what I get back tomorrow. Tuesday I have an appointment to meet in person with someone in the local immigration field office who was a help to a few people in this town. They said to go see him. So I'm hoping that if I show him everything and speak to him in person, at least he might be able to call someone (an inside number or something) and speak to a supervisor or something and push things through.

At the very least, if he can tell me, "They've got your file and they're investigating it" (as Tara suggested) - even that will make me happy. I have no worries whatsoever about my past marriage.

I will let you all know tomorrow, God willing...I hope I get some good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Narnia in this instance I would really hope that the congressman's office would be willing to step in and provide some assistance. If nothing else, because your stepchildren aren't fluent in the native language, and were coming over on the expectation that their father would be with them, I would think these are at least halfway decent grounds to take a shot at an expedite, although you really don't an expedite, what you need is a "find my m-ther f--king husband's file and let's finish this thing" request.

Good luck. I am happy for you for at least this news, hopefully the ball will keep rolling, but I definitely do think you've got some real basis now to make noise. Be a pest. A diplomatic pest, but a pest nonetheless

Best of luck, baby..

CJ-G

I figured I would share this with my K-3 family because you all have been there with me through this long, drawn out, grueling journey.

I received approval notices for my step-kids (actually they were approved yesterday). We filed for them in November 2007.

However my husband's case is still pending and "not assigned yet".

Wow!!! I know they usually put all family petitions together...I am going to be optimistic and say your hubby should receive his approval this week if they have just approved the Kids.

Please call USCIS / Senators to raise the issue and find out what the heck is going on.....I understand how frustrating calling them can be...but it needs to be done

Narina

I think it is a good sign that they approved the kids. I do know that they put the family members together. And honestly, I don't think they would approve the kids without the father. Maybe the adjudicator is just an idiot.

I don't think your previous marriage ahs anything to do with this case. You are free to marry 1000 NON-USC's if you want to. No worries.

I think this is your week. I kind of pre-celebrated today with my hubby. We drank a six pack of smirnoff ICE a little while ago.

That was for u to have really good luck this week.

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

i surely hope you get good news soon.

Just by reading and hearing the experiences of others here. I dont think it has anything to do with your past case. there are plenty of people on this board that have petitioned more than one spouse and they get approved in a matter of months(CSC). I dont think this is whats holding it up, added to this..your ex went home! The people who petition more than one, those spouses have stayed and now have legal residence. I would think that the fact that your ex didnt stay would be even more of a nill point.

So, get an answer from the congressman/senator, or the gentleman you are going to see tomorrow. They will at least be able to tell you if the case is in the office and not lost.

Hell, you know what I went through with the congressman, they didnt "push" the case through, but at least we knew that the file wasnt lost or under a desk leg leveling it out. It may have been for a while, but once they start inquiring with the congressional liason, they have to pull it up to give them an update. :)

This IS good news hun! Use it as ammo to get an answer!

I'll say a prayer that you get some news this coming week from your efforts. It's coming Narina!

Take care and dont stress. Stay calm and focused on gettting an answer. If you do call USCIS, as Chris said..remain calm,polite but persistent.

(L)

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

I thought the K2 and K4's were derivatives of the K1 K3's so I can't see how the children could be approved without the parent being approved as well. There may be some issue with the notification?

I could be wrong but that is my understanding, certainly in the case of K4/3 as that is the process I went through.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

:lol: I have a very soft voice, so I use my best phone etiquette :lol: They can't see me rolling my eyes, shaking my head, or putting on my attitude face :lol:

Lisa, it was the congressman's office that told me the latest BS. Let me see if an immigration officer, when spoken to in person, with all documents in front of him, will be able to do something. I've heard from more than one person that this particular guy was helpful and got things done.

Whoa there Jen!!! Take it easy with the drinks...if you drink this much now, what will be left for when you get YOUR approval??? :D I hope you are having a FABULOUS time with the hubby. Get your freak on up in those mountains :P and don't worry about anything!!!!

Only 40 minutes left, THANK GOD...and this 24 hour weekend can be over. I'm exhausted!

I will be type type typin' away tomorrow as soon as I hear anything!

I thought the K2 and K4's were derivatives of the K1 K3's so I can't see how the children could be approved without the parent being approved as well. There may be some issue with the notification?

I could be wrong but that is my understanding, certainly in the case of K4/3 as that is the process I went through.

I filed I-130's (IR/CR) for them. Not K-4's.

:lol: I have a very soft voice, so I use my best phone etiquette :lol: They can't see me rolling my eyes, shaking my head, or putting on my attitude face :lol:

Lisa, it was the congressman's office that told me the latest BS. Let me see if an immigration officer, when spoken to in person, with all documents in front of him, will be able to do something. I've heard from more than one person that this particular guy was helpful and got things done.

Whoa there Jen!!! Take it easy with the drinks...if you drink this much now, what will be left for when you get YOUR approval??? :D I hope you are having a FABULOUS time with the hubby. Get your freak on up in those mountains :P and don't worry about anything!!!!

Only 40 minutes left, THANK GOD...and this 24 hour weekend can be over. I'm exhausted!

I will be type type typin' away tomorrow as soon as I hear anything!

I filed I-130's (IR/CR) for them. Not K-4's.

:dance: Narina, I drank 2, my hubby drank the rest. HAHAHAHA... I'm not really a drinker.

But I will tell you that we had an amazing day today. We hung out a little in the morning and then we went out to this restaurant in downtown San Jose. We go there every time I am here. Then we went shopping for school uniforms for his two sisters and his son. We talked all day and laughed and had an excellent time. Then we came back and watched a movie and he made seafood soup. He went to work so I am here in the house by myself. He is working all night. I feel so bad for him. Tuesday we will be going to the mountain. Only for two days because he has to go back to work on Thursday. I am loving every minute with him. It will be really hard for me to leave. ( it always is)

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
:dance: Narina, I drank 2, my hubby drank the rest. HAHAHAHA... I'm not really a drinker.

But I will tell you that we had an amazing day today. We hung out a little in the morning and then we went out to this restaurant in downtown San Jose. We go there every time I am here. Then we went shopping for school uniforms for his two sisters and his son. We talked all day and laughed and had an excellent time. Then we came back and watched a movie and he made seafood soup. He went to work so I am here in the house by myself. He is working all night. I feel so bad for him. Tuesday we will be going to the mountain. Only for two days because he has to go back to work on Thursday. I am loving every minute with him. It will be really hard for me to leave. ( it always is)

Whoa all that partying! glad to know you got there safe and are enjoying a great weekend with your hubby!

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Timeline

Yeah Jen...I would say "drink one for me" but it's against my religion and I don't drink... You can do something else a few times in my honor :P:lol: You two lovebirds enjoy yourselves!!!! Jen, if you're bored, we're here. I know when my husband was called into work, I spent all night on the internet too LOL Just make sure you get all pretty and ready before it's time for him to come home! I felt so bad for our neighbors upstairs/downstairs. They probably thought, "What is this crazy lady doing making all this noise in the middle of the night?" LOOOOL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Narina I have a very strong feeling you will get an approval notice this week.... :thumbs:

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Timeline

Narina I have a very strong feeling you will get an approval notice this week.... :thumbs:

I hope so :blush:

Speaking of attitude face...when I talked to my brother, he said that my 1 year old neice, who looks exactly like me, has acquired my attitude face. He said that she wanted something and he told her "no"...and she gave him "the Narina face" and he laughed and said he was calling her "Narina" for the rest of the time she was mad LOOOOOOL :lol:

I agree.. Goodluck! 0002011B.gif

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.