Bern.

Guess I'm headed back to the USA.

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I know I just posted a topic about unwritten rules that prohibit US military from visiting other countries before deployment.. but after much talking, I guess I'm headed back to the USA again. :S

So this makes my first trip for the new year. ^_^ (Except I came back on the 2nd of January...)

Will it hinder me if I was just there less than a month ago? I'm planning to go on February 21st. I have strong ties to Canada but it might be a bit of a pain trying to get another letter of employment in such short notice. (I work for retail, so my manager has to let the head office know and it takes them ages to send me a letter. :S) But I will ask, it never hurts to try. >_< (If all else fails, I'll bring my managers business card and possibility a copy of the schedule) and of course I will have a return ticket!

And if all else, I have a registration form that states I am in school and it states which classes I am attending, start date to finish date with payment, location, etc.

Would proof of being in school count as a strong enough tie to Canada? :o?

(It's not exactly a college/university, it's an upgrading school. Chinook College in Calgary. @_@)

Sorry for all these posts, I think I'm just paranoid. :(

Edited by Ber + Ter

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

See if you can also get something that shows your fiance's deployment orders - it will seem less likely for you to stay in the US without him, especially when you also have commitments back home - and College means College to the US - they won't know any differently. Bring your proofs, explain that you are going to see your fiance for a visit before he is deployed next month for a year and will be back on such and such a date. Good luck.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Well, I'd only be going for 5 days. February 21st to February 26th. And that would be a good idea. I'll try and get him to send me a copy or something. But I will still aim for a letter of employment. In my previous trips to the US, they normally just ask me questions,

Why I'm going: I always say boyfriend.

How long I'm going: _ amount of days

If I have a job in Canada& What is my job.

And I have tons of stamps in my passport, which PROVES I always come back :P

dev356pr___.png

Timeline
Also, for my stamp ''September 30, 2008'' Underneath is written B2. What does that mean? :|

B2 is a type of visitor visa. As Canadian's don't require visas, most officers at the POE put in B2 to show that you entered as a visitor.

Timeline

Thank you everyone! I'm just a nervous person, I guess it's all the horror stories, but I've noticed there isn't a lot of them.

Update though; he wants to marry when I'm there. And since we're meeting up in Vegas, that is totally possible but I unno, would USICS be angry about it and what would Canadian customs do to me? Eeep.. @_@

Edited by Ber + Ter

dev356pr___.png

Timeline
Thank you everyone! I'm just a nervous person, I guess it's all the horror stories, but I've noticed there isn't a lot of them.

Update though; he wants to marry when I'm there. And since we're meeting up in Vegas, that is totally possible but I unno, would USICS be angry about it and what would Canadian customs do to me? Eeep.. @_@

(L) Wowsa! I see a pink Caddy with Elvis at the alter in your future. . . . kidding. :)

No worries about USCIS, since you're headed back to Canada post nuptials. I got married in Vegas too (just outside of actually). No worries about Canadian customs either. I probably wouldn't mention the possibility of getting hitched to the POE officer though.

Filed: Timeline

Canada Customs will probably congratulate you. But I agree with Cat. Don't tell US CBP that you may get married while you're away because you may end up getting a hard time from them. It's totally legal as long as you're coming back, but they're going to scrutinize you harder, that's for sure.

Congratulations! (I think. lol)

iagree.gif

Timeline

I don't think I will, and I wish he gave me more notice because now all the airlines are sort of pricy. So far Westjet and US Airways seem good for just $300-400. Does anybody know any good sites besides expedia/orbitz, etc?

dev356pr___.png

Timeline
I don't think I will, and I wish he gave me more notice because now all the airlines are sort of pricy. So far Westjet and US Airways seem good for just $300-400. Does anybody know any good sites besides expedia/orbitz, etc?

Sometimes Alaska Airlines has great prices. Other times not so much. I think they have Horizon their partner airline out of Calgary. You'd connect through Seattle I think.

Timeline

I just found a site named Flight Network? Any news on it? o_O Also itravel2000, any news on that too would be great!

Edited by Ber + Ter

dev356pr___.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.