Waldo

I know I shouldn't judge

84 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I love it when people end there arguments with get a clue. It makes your point so much more valid as apposed to having an educated debate. I also like how you argue the point of them taking "Section 8 housing, AFDC, Food Stamps, bi-lingual education, Medicaid, emergency room doctor visits" all of which I brought up (only referring to them as "American relief") just two sentences after you stopped quoting me.

It's a perfect example of why unions suck. As a union member I believe they do one thing really well. Protect the incompetent. I get paid WAY to much for what I do. How does this relate? When a product like a car is assembled or a pear is taken from the tree the end price will greatly depend on the cost of wages rather then the fair market value of a product (fair price for a product depending on what consumers are capable and willing to pay). When the end price goes above what the fair market value of a product, demand goes down. If the demand goes down and the price does not this is when we start seeing things like car companies and farmers asking the government for money. As of recently I would happily pay an illegal immigrant who will possibly stay rather then a farmer a LOT more!

I don't ADVOCATE Illegal immigrants, you can work in the US without being a citizen and wages are a lot less then what they are for American citizens.

Sorry it pisses you off that I had to point out the obvious. Paying illegal aliens sh*t wages and passing the inevitable social costs onto the taxpayer puts money into the farmer's pocket. You pay for it through increased taxes instead of at the supermarket.

So why stop there. Since unions suck...your employer can just hire a bunch of illegal aliens at sh*t wages or ship the jobs overseas, bust the union, and toss your unemployed azz out on the street. How many cars and pears are you gonna buy now? How many cars and pears are illegal aliens gonna buy with their sh*t wages? How is this good for most of the American people?

It's just a race to the bottom of the toilet. And these chickens have finally come to roost in the US economy we see today.

You had best be thankful for what you have and quit buying into these loony economic theories that cut your own throat.

I'm curious if you read the threads before you post a reply. Your arguing against a quote that taken out of context is something totally different. Not really arguing even, just disagreeing and not giving any reason why. If you want to have a valid argument stop and read the entire opposing argument before you post.

I must be reading impaired too... I can't follow your logic either.

Another point;

Are you under the assumption that Illegals are primarily picking fruit in California.. as apposed

to: wiping out the unlicensed Construction industry, the factory work force, the food service industry, Drivers occupations, domestic service workers, ... Basically any job that pays anything that they can do without a degree or special license.

I'm wondering what part of the country you live in where no one.. except Illegals will do these Jobs?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Illegal aliens shouldnt be paid to do any thing. ITS ILLEGAL!!! the people who are working them are also engaged in illegal activities. Period. They are illegal and shouldnt be here period.

Sure there are circumstances and I am sure that we are compassionate enough to understand where there may be exceptions but how many exceptions do we need? certainly not millions.

If I do some thing illegal as a white middle aged male I would certainaly end up in jail. If so then why are they not in jail also?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
WOW Waldo. Nice to know you do not get to decide who should marry and live in the US. How can you talk about mental illness and addiction in the same sentence as sex offenders? They are not one and the same you know? Do you have any idea how hard life is for the mentally ill thanks to comments like yours? Obviously not. Happy judging man, sheesh.

I wasn't trying to start a witch hunt. Really it's not in my control. I do however believe that a majority... not all... sex offenders are not so by choice. How am I wrong in saying that someone who sexually molests a child or rapes a woman is either not having some mental issues?

Hmmm... could it be because you are not a psychiatrist??? Amateurish commentaries on mental health have perpetuated so many stereotypes it's not funny. Example: watch how many schizophrenics in TV series are convicted or suspected of murder. Surprise! Schizophrenics are really calm peepz. And so on.

unless they arent medicated and so on

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
I love it when people end there arguments with get a clue. It makes your point so much more valid as apposed to having an educated debate. I also like how you argue the point of them taking "Section 8 housing, AFDC, Food Stamps, bi-lingual education, Medicaid, emergency room doctor visits" all of which I brought up (only referring to them as "American relief") just two sentences after you stopped quoting me.

It's a perfect example of why unions suck. As a union member I believe they do one thing really well. Protect the incompetent. I get paid WAY to much for what I do. How does this relate? When a product like a car is assembled or a pear is taken from the tree the end price will greatly depend on the cost of wages rather then the fair market value of a product (fair price for a product depending on what consumers are capable and willing to pay). When the end price goes above what the fair market value of a product, demand goes down. If the demand goes down and the price does not this is when we start seeing things like car companies and farmers asking the government for money. As of recently I would happily pay an illegal immigrant who will possibly stay rather then a farmer a LOT more!

I don't ADVOCATE Illegal immigrants, you can work in the US without being a citizen and wages are a lot less then what they are for American citizens.

Sorry it pisses you off that I had to point out the obvious. Paying illegal aliens sh*t wages and passing the inevitable social costs onto the taxpayer puts money into the farmer's pocket. You pay for it through increased taxes instead of at the supermarket.

So why stop there. Since unions suck...your employer can just hire a bunch of illegal aliens at sh*t wages or ship the jobs overseas, bust the union, and toss your unemployed azz out on the street. How many cars and pears are you gonna buy now? How many cars and pears are illegal aliens gonna buy with their sh*t wages? How is this good for most of the American people?

It's just a race to the bottom of the toilet. And these chickens have finally come to roost in the US economy we see today.

You had best be thankful for what you have and quit buying into these loony economic theories that cut your own throat.

I'm curious if you read the threads before you post a reply. Your arguing against a quote that taken out of context is something totally different. Not really arguing even, just disagreeing and not giving any reason why. If you want to have a valid argument stop and read the entire opposing argument before you post.

I have a pretty good grasp of the English language, but you are all over the map with some of your statements and it is kind of difficult to make out what you are trying to say. We'll just leave it at that bro. ;)

Ok if you didn't understand what I meant then I apologize.

"I don't argue with the fact that a lot of the jobs that illegal immigrants take aren't something many Americans would do. Picking pears, apples, and other fruits in Ellensberg WA for $4 an hour. Not my cup of tea but for many it's a great job and all the fruit you can eat. If farmers had to pay more for the labor you and I would have to pay for it in the end anyways so that's fine."

This is the only part where I talk about illegal immegration so lets go back to it. I'm not defending illegal immigration, I agree with you that it's illegal and should have consequence's. I was trying to find what the latest wages for migrant workers was. If found a bunch of links ( http://www.dol.gov/esa/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs12.pdf ) and PDF's but no actual laws. I do support temperary migrant workers for the reasons I have stated previously. I hope this clears up any confusion.

If this isn't what I didn't say well enough let me know but don't take cheep shots. I'll just stop replying if you do.

Edited by Waldo

USCIS

12/03/2008...Sent I-130 form

12/04/2008...Papers reached Chicago LockBox (1Day)

12/11/2008...NOA1 (7days)

12/22/2008...NOA1 hard copy received (11 days ~ Heavy Snowfall Delayed Mail)

03/14/2009...NOA2 (92 days from NOA1)

03/24/2009...NOA2 Hard copy received (No touches or web approval)

NVC

04/06/2009...Received by NVC (23 days from NOA2)

DreAlphaBettas@aol.com

I think that if you want to judge sex offenders, there should be some homogenization of the sex offense laws first. Age of consent laws vary from state to state and I'm not sure that you should continue to punish someone who drunkenly decided to take a piss in a public spot.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
It seems there are a lot of people on VJ that are asking questions about being sex offenders, or not being able to support their spouse. Wouldn't it seem wise if you've become a registered sex offender to, I don't know, find someone a lot less vulnerable. I'm not saying people can't change but.... well people with addictions or mental problems will carry those their entire life.

I see a lot of a certain ethnic group around here in Spokane that brings large families over and they all live off of welfare! When they do get a job they generally flush out all the American employees.

Am I thinking about this wrong or is this asinine.

Why are alleged sex offenders (you must be looking in some really dark corners of this site IMO) included in the same breath as illegal immigrants?

Are we supposed to assume some sort of connection? :blink:

What is the point being made in this post?

How am I wrong in saying that someone who sexually molests a child or rapes a woman is either not having some mental issues?

Those people are just misunderstood and shouldn't be judged. Hopefully, they'll move into Len's neighborhood and dance around the maypole together.

:lol:

Edited by Aficionado

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

It seems there are a lot of people on VJ that are asking questions about being sex offenders, or not being able to support their spouse. Wouldn't it seem wise if you've become a registered sex offender to, I don't know, find someone a lot less vulnerable. I'm not saying people can't change but.... well people with addictions or mental problems will carry those their entire life.

I see a lot of a certain ethnic group around here in Spokane that brings large families over and they all live off of welfare! When they do get a job they generally flush out all the American employees.

I think you have two distinct and non-related issues churning around in your mind... The first, sexual predators who seek spouses from over seas, second immigrants who live off welfare and take American jobs. Not sure how you bring the two thoughts together?

My thought on your second issue is that if they are living off welfare, they are likely illegals, not K-1 or K-3 immigrants here legally.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think you have two distinct and non-related issues churning around in your mind... The first, sexual predators who seek spouses from over seas, second immigrants who live off welfare and take American jobs. Not sure how you bring the two thoughts together?

My thought on your second issue is that if they are living off welfare, they are likely illegals, not K-1 or K-3 immigrants here legally.

The OP is just venting & you're right... his thought process lacks logic. Everyone has their pet peeves and apparently the OP has an issue with sex offenders, mentally ill and/or indigent individuals getting a visa. The problem is that three entirely different groups of people are being lumped in together.

I can't stand people who drive too slow in the left lane or individuals who talk during a movie, but one has nothing to do with the other & venting on VJ won't change a thing.

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

vj..has hit a new low with this thread....

next thread ....illegal sex offenders...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Timeline

I have no idea where people got the idea for some of those things. All I did was post that I thought it was terrible the number of people that have posted on VJ asking about how to lift sexual predator restrictions and how to get around the minimum salary. Next thing I know my name is buckwheat and I think that mentally challenged people are all sex offenders that should be sent to concentration camps and support illegal immigrants.

Back to the subject I think there are a lot of people out there who are not capable or responsible enough. There are exceptions! I'm not burning anyone out there. I'm saying that when you are dealing with someones life and it's not something that should be taken lightly.

USCIS

NVC

DreAlphaBettas@aol.com

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Interesting topic. Seriously... one thing is to have a sexual predator and another is to have one of the other myriad forms of mental diseases. This should not be a laughing matter but its not surprise some VJers have made it a joke.

Curiously, until it happens to you or a loved one does it become no longer a joke.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Timeline

I do apologize if I ever made it sound like a mental illness is a joking matter. I know I did "LOL" at a comment and it was inappropriate to do so. I did mix the term mental illness with sexual predators because I don't know of any other category it would fall under. If I'm using the incorrect terms please someone let me know.

Edited by Waldo

USCIS

NVC

DreAlphaBettas@aol.com