Daniel Brillit

Colombia Club Part II

2,910 posts in this topic

Hopefully they will call you or something so we won't have to wait until tomorrow to find out.

Harrold caught me while on lunch break today, and he explained to me that their K-1 Visa was APPROVED!! Sandra will need 2 more X-Ray tests before knowing exactly what is wrong with her lung x-rays. Medication can be given to Sandra, and once everything is cleared up, Sandra will get another interview at the embassy. :thumbs:

photo-71111.jpg

So far, so good...Harrold will be back in Seattle by Thursday. :star:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Am I glad to hear that! Congratulations to them from the bottom of our hearts; we're very happy for them!! Also, that picture is really cute. :)

We're so nervous and excited about our interview. We've been living together since our wedding over a year ago. Only been separated twice, each time for 2 months and we know that regardless of the outcome of the interview we're not gonna let anything separate us again. Each time I had to go back to the states I went crazy without him so I'm never going back if it's not with him. But see, that's relieving 'cause whatever happens at that interview we still got each other forever.

Can't help being nervous about it though... >.< I love Colombia but don't want to have to live here forever.

Ugh! I hope Tuesday comes fast so we can get it over with and find out what's gonna happen already!

Well, congratulations again to Harrold and Sandra. They're a very pretty couple. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Has anyone had to pay the new fee of $350 for a K1 visa in Colombia yet? There's another VJ member who has a problem with this, the bank is telling his fiancée that they only accept payment of $131, not $350, they told her to pay the $131 and pay the rest at the embassy. Does anyone know if the embassy will accept partial payment? The VJ member contacted the embassy and they did not know the answer to this. Shocker!

Thanks!

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Yesterday, I received an email from my friend Joe Williams regarding a car accident he was in yesterday. Joe's mere survival was a miracle as the driver was killed and Joe wasn't seriously injured. His beneficiary ('09) is from Cartagena and she plans to give birth to their son next week. Joe helped me file my K-1 and organize my forms for the Bogota interview I had in October '09.

Joe and Ana Rosa Williams

JOSEPHANDANA7.jpg

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=45285

If any Colombia Club II members have the time, please send Joe and Ana Rosa an email. (F)

Edited by Ken y Leidys

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Has anyone had to pay the new fee of $350 for a K1 visa in Colombia yet? There's another VJ member who has a problem with this, the bank is telling his fiancée that they only accept payment of $131, not $350, they told her to pay the $131 and pay the rest at the embassy. Does anyone know if the embassy will accept partial payment? The VJ member contacted the embassy and they did not know the answer to this. Shocker!

Thanks!

Diana

I recently paid US131, I asked at the bank about the increase and they have not been notified. They won't have any

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yeah, it seems the US Embassy is making changes in their paperwork when the actual changes haven't really taken effect yet. Horrible way to do business if you asked me.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline
Yesterday, I received an email from my friend Joe Williams regarding a car accident he was in yesterday. Joe's mere survival was a miracle as the driver was killed and Joe wasn't seriously injured. His beneficiary ('09) is from Cartagena and she plans to give birth to their son next week. Joe helped me file my K-1 and organize my forms for the Bogota interview I had in October '09.

Joe and Ana Rosa Williams

JOSEPHANDANA7.jpg

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=45285

If any Colombia Club II members have the time, please send Joe and Ana Rosa an email. (F)

sorry to hear that about the driver that is bad new but its good that your friend is not seriously injured.

Timeline

hello everyone just wanted to update you on everything. interview went great and was very easy at the embassy. they said we are approved pending medical results. so today sandra went to doctor and said everything looked good but they want her to have a bronchoscopy to make sure everything is good. they said that she can get this done in her city(barranquilla). sandra goes to her city late tonight so maybe monday we have an appointment for this. then if we get a green light with that we can get the ok on the medical bring to the embassy and pay for them to send her visa.

when she goes back to the embassy the only thing she needs to bring is passport paper they gave during interview and money for domesa, should she bring all other papers we had for interview with her or is she fine with out it ?

i will upload some pictures of my trip later when i unpack my bags

Timeline

have a quick question after we obtain the medical it says we need to buy a pin to call the embassy. i looked at the website and this says we only need if we are outside the usa. can i call from usa and make another appointment with out buying a pin?

when she goes back to the embassy the only thing she needs to bring is passport paper they gave during interview and money for domesa, should she bring all other papers we had for interview with her or is she fine with out it ?

i will upload some pictures of my trip later when i unpack my bags

I say pack all related K-1 paperwork into a folder just in case. It doesn't hurt to have all related paperwork at her fingers. For instance - to have a copy of your interview notice forms to get through the guard shack, won't hurt to get through lane 3. If it was me, I would bring everything.

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR APPROVAL, HARROLD!! :dance:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Timeline
have a quick question after we obtain the medical it says we need to buy a pin to call the embassy. i looked at the website and this says we only need if we are outside the usa. can i call from usa and make another appointment with out buying a pin?

I found this information:

"Callers in the United States must dial must dial 1-877-804-5401, and the call will be charged to their credit card (Visa or MasterCard). The charge when calling from the United States is US$16.00 per call (the service has a time limit of 15 minutes per call)." more info

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

Timeline
I found this information:

"Callers in the United States must dial must dial 1-877-804-5401, and the call will be charged to their credit card (Visa or MasterCard). The charge when calling from the United States is US$16.00 per call (the service has a time limit of 15 minutes per call)." more info

thanks for the info

We're so nervous and excited about our interview. We've been living together since our wedding over a year ago. Only been separated twice, each time for 2 months and we know that regardless of the outcome of the interview we're not gonna let anything separate us again. Each time I had to go back to the states I went crazy without him so I'm never going back if it's not with him. But see, that's relieving 'cause whatever happens at that interview we still got each other forever.

Just 2 more days until your interview!! Please post how your interview goes?? I'm sure with all of your proof you plan to carry you both will do fine in your interview. Buena suerte,

-Ken

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Timeline

Hey guys,

Congrats to Sofia and Derrick! We're happy for them!

We would also like to congratulate Ken and Leidys on their wedding!

Our interview is on March 16th. We're so excited and looking forward to that day. Any tips or info that could help us?

Best of luck I am sure you will do fine. Let us know how it goes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.