Daniel Brillit

Colombia Club Part II

2,910 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thank you everyone!!!

I will let all of you know how it goes Monday.

Sandra

07-22-2008 I-130 LPR

07-25-2008 NOA1

02-18-2009 Became Citizen

06-26-2009 Upgraded over the phone

06-28-2009 Was E-mailed confirmation of conversation with National Customer Service Center

08-05-2009 InfoPass Appointment

10-13-2009 I-130 Approved, received Approval via email

10-19-2009 NOA2 I-130 Approved (Hard Copy)

10-28-2009 NVC Received and assigned case #

11-04-2009 Received DS-3032/I-864 Bill

11-04-2009 Received IV Bill

11-06-2009 Paid I-864 Bill

11-06-2009 Paid IV Bill

11-11-2009 Returned Completed DS-3032

11-11-2009 Returned Completed I-864

11-27-2009 Case Completed at NVC

01-14-2010 Interview Date

01-14-2010 Placed on Administrative Processing

01-26-2010 Received phone call & Email to make new appointment at Embassy

02-01-2010 New Interview at Embassy

xx-xx-xxxx: Visa Received

xx-xx-xxxx: US POE

Timeline

I was recommended to post my question here, and I was wondering if anyone can help:

To make a long story short:

I married an illegal immigrant in October 2004, and I turned into a naturalized citizen in August 2005, but we never submitted any paperwork for her because she entered the US illegally. Our relationship started going sour in 2006, and on December 31, 2006 I traveled to Colombia to visit my family, and ended up meeting a woman. We went out on a few dates and I liked her a lot. When I returned to the US, after a few months my wife and I decided to get a separation. We were separated for a few months, during which I kept talking to the woman in Colombia. In April 2008, our divorce was finalized, and in June 2008 I traveled to Colombia to get married with my new girlfriend. I began the CR1 process for my new wife and her appointment was approved for January 28, 2010 (just a few days ago). During her interview she had all the documentation and proof needed to show that we had a long lasting relationship, and not a fake one. Unfortunately, the consul asked her about my previous marriage, my affair with her, and why I was unfaithful to my previous wife. She was unable to provide the answers to their questions so her visa was refused under section 221(g) and they asked that we reschedule our appointment, and it was recommended that I attend this appointment.

Now here come my questions: Will my wife's visa be denied because I was married in the past, and I was unfaithful to my ex-wife? Also, is it possible that maybe they just want to know what happened to my ex-wife and want to know if she is still illegally in the country? When you call the Visa Information Center can you select your new appointment date, or do they give you the date?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Timeline
Now here come my questions: Will my wife's visa be denied because I was married in the past, and I was unfaithful to my ex-wife? Also, is it possible that maybe they just want to know what happened to my ex-wife and want to know if she is still illegally in the country? When you call the Visa Information Center can you select your new appointment date, or do they give you the date?

She won't be denied a visa 'cause you were married before or because you were unfaithful to your previous wife, I don't think. They probably just want to talk to you in order to establish the veracity of your relationship with her.

I think you guys are gonna be ok as long as you have all your evidence, etc.

I was recommended to post my question here, and I was wondering if anyone can help:

To make a long story short:

I married an illegal immigrant in October 2004, and I turned into a naturalized citizen in August 2005, but we never submitted any paperwork for her because she entered the US illegally. Our relationship started going sour in 2006, and on December 31, 2006 I traveled to Colombia to visit my family, and ended up meeting a woman. We went out on a few dates and I liked her a lot. When I returned to the US, after a few months my wife and I decided to get a separation. We were separated for a few months, during which I kept talking to the woman in Colombia. In April 2008, our divorce was finalized, and in June 2008 I traveled to Colombia to get married with my new girlfriend. I began the CR1 process for my new wife and her appointment was approved for January 28, 2010 (just a few days ago). During her interview she had all the documentation and proof needed to show that we had a long lasting relationship, and not a fake one. Unfortunately, the consul asked her about my previous marriage, my affair with her, and why I was unfaithful to my previous wife. She was unable to provide the answers to their questions so her visa was refused under section 221(g) and they asked that we reschedule our appointment, and it was recommended that I attend this appointment.

Hey Carlos,

More and more it appears the embassy is turning away people if both parties are not there for the interview, I know that is water under the bridge at this point. I have no idea how much info they know about your ex wife and previous marriage infidelity, her being illegal etc... but it is a fact that your marriage ended and 2 months later you were married. Obviously they know you were together with your new wife while still married. As far as your visa being denied for not being faithful to your wife, I don't think that alone is reason for a denial. Good Luck with this!

Timeline

Thanks subguy812 and CristianAmour for your responses. That makes me feel much more at ease with this whole situation.

I was wondering if anyone can answer my other question: When you call the Visa Information Center can you select your new appointment date, or do they schedule a specific amount of days after you call?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Thanks subguy812 and CristianAmour for your responses. That makes me feel much more at ease with this whole situation.

I was wondering if anyone can answer my other question: When you call the Visa Information Center can you select your new appointment date, or do they schedule a specific amount of days after you call?

Carlos, you have to buy a PIN in Helm Bank before to call them (aprox. 20 dollars), you can set the new appointment date.

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

Timeline
Carlos, you have to buy a PIN in Helm Bank before to call them (aprox. 20 dollars), you can set the new appointment date.

I'm aware I need to buy a PIN, but I need to know if when I buy the PIN and call them up, if I can schedule an appointment for a date convenient to me, or if when I call, they will tell me that I HAVE TO GO a certain date that they choose. Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
i read some where that the embassy no longer requires the HPV shot is this true?

As of December 14th, 2009 the USCIS no longer requires that vaccine for either visa or AOS purposes but good luck trying to convince the doctor during the medical exam since they're still telling everybody they have to get it. In my opinion, it's just another way to get more money out of each visa applicant. BUT try to find information regarding the USCIS not requiring this vaccine for immigration purposes, print it out and show it to the doctor. He/she may then not force you to get it.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I'm aware I need to buy a PIN, but I need to know if when I buy the PIN and call them up, if I can schedule an appointment for a date convenient to me, or if when I call, they will tell me that I HAVE TO GO a certain date that they choose. Thanks.

When you call they will tell you the date of the interview, if that doesn't work for you have a specific date in mind and tell them right then and there when you would like to have it moved to.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline
When you call they will tell you the date of the interview, if that doesn't work for you have a specific date in mind and tell them right then and there when you would like to have it moved to.

Diana

Jessica had to get HPV .. There was no choice.. it is a seriers of three shots [vaccines] its expensive too.. To complete this HPV she has to get 2 more over a course of a year..

Timeline
Jessica had to get HPV .. There was no choice.. it is a seriers of three shots [vaccines] its expensive too.. To complete this HPV she has to get 2 more over a course of a year..

How much does it usually cost to get all those vaccines?

Timeline

hey carl i was wondering if you had any good news yet with your case? how are you both hanging in there?

do you or anyone know where you can get the HPV vaccine done in barranquilla? sandra is getting all her vaccines and the nurse told her that they do not have this one and will have to look else where for it? i think it would be cheaper to do in barranquilla than bogota

Timeline
How much does it usually cost to get all those vaccines?

i was told by ken was 600 000 pesos and so i sent sandra that much. does not include the price with the hpv vaccine. she says she does not know how much that will cost. she does not know where to get this one. when she is done i will let you know what we paid total

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.