Daniel Brillit

Colombia Club Part II

2,910 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

i posted this in the us embassy and consulate forum earlier and i noticed the one was for the Colombian embassy so i was wondering if some one can help me understand a few things, i was reading Peters Miami post at , (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2572) top of the page, and reading about the package 3 from the embassy page on what i need to do and i have many question about the k1 visa once you get the noa2. i just need to know exactly what forms i need to send in when i get my noa2. i have not received my noa2 yet but i want to prepare as much as i can. i am reading about the packages on the colombia embassy website from these links.

Instruction package for visa k... http://bogota.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/cons...ctionsfeb09.pdf

visa k appointment package for http://bogota.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/cons...kapptfeb010.pdf

first question is what package do i need to follow, instruction package for visa k or visa k appontment package or both?

i have read on this board when you get the noa2 that i should fax and send documents through courier but the instruction package for visa k says Submitting duplicate copies of the required forms will delay visa processing. is this true? so do i send both ways?

the following questions are about the visa k appointment package if this is something i do not need the question below do not need answered.

my second question is the first thing they say i do is fill out the ds156k for nonimigrant. so i fill out this for me, is this correct?

third question is they say i pay 131 to Banco de Crédito. is this also correct?

and my fourth question in this thread ( http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2572 ) said we need to send these forms in OF-169, DS-2001 and DS-230 part 1. what is OF-169?

Fifth question is DAS CERTIFICATE – Entries and exits to and from Colombia for the past 10 years. This document may be obtained in Bogotá at the DAS Office located at Calle 100 #11B-27, Edificio Platinium. if she has never left does she still need these documents?

thanks in advance for taking your time to read this and guide me

My fiancee has her interview on thursday, dec. 3. What is the probablility that we can pickup her visa at domesa offices in bogota on saturday, dec. 5 or will it be monday, dec. 7?

Our interview was Oct 8 and it got delivered on the 19.There was one hoilday and four weekend days inbetween. So 19-8=11 - 4 weekend days =7 - 1 holiday = 6 days.

They claim 6 to 8 business days.

Twister,

Do you both have a POE date scheduled??? :dance:

Yes sir, she is here!!!!! She arrived Oct 29 at Miami International Airport.

That's Great News, Twister!!

THANKS BUT EL MIGRARIO DONT U BRING THAT TO THE INTERVIEW

Yes. You will include that in the packet (or sobre) when you turn in your documents at the Embassy.

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

i posted this in the us embassy and consulate forum earlier and i noticed the one was for the Colombian embassy so i was wondering if some one can help me understand a few things, i was reading Peters Miami post at , (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2572) top of the page, and reading about the package 3 from the embassy page on what i need to do and i have many question about the k1 visa once you get the noa2. i just need to know exactly what forms i need to send in when i get my noa2. i have not received my noa2 yet but i want to prepare as much as i can. i am reading about the packages on the colombia embassy website from these links.

Instruction package for visa k... http://bogota.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/cons...ctionsfeb09.pdf

visa k appointment package for http://bogota.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/cons...kapptfeb010.pdf

first question is what package do i need to follow, instruction package for visa k or visa k appontment package or both?

i have read on this board when you get the noa2 that i should fax and send documents through courier but the instruction package for visa k says Submitting duplicate copies of the required forms will delay visa processing. is this true? so do i send both ways?

the following questions are about the visa k appointment package if this is something i do not need the question below do not need answered.

my second question is the first thing they say i do is fill out the ds156k for nonimigrant. so i fill out this for me, is this correct?

and my fourth question in this thread ( http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2572 ) said we need to send these forms in OF-169, DS-2001 and DS-230 part 1. what is OF-169?

Fifth question is DAS CERTIFICATE – Entries and exits to and from Colombia for the past 10 years. This document may be obtained in Bogotá at the DAS Office located at Calle 100 #11B-27, Edificio Platinium. if she has never left does she still need these documents?

#1 http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...&cty=Bogota This pretty much tells you everything. Study it.

You will need to email via .pdf file to get an interview.

Do not send various forms from various people - that would be a big mistake.

Start setting up this stuff now, so you have less waiting to do:

1. DS-2100 (page 4 of packet 3 instructions)

2. DS-230 Part 1 (pages 1 & 2 only)

Get your Fiancee to get her passport photos, her Passport, Colombian Birth Certificate, everything listed that she will need is at: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...&cty=Bogota

Do you have all of your tax information so that you can complete your I-134 in a timely manner? Divorce decrees, Proof of citizenship, DAS Migratorio form?

Once again: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...&cty=Bogota

The DS156K will be necessary for your beneficiary when she arrives at the US Embassy, and places her forms inside of the supplied manilla envelope she will be given. When you receive your NOA2, you will know it is time to rock and roll - not sit around. Send in the completed DS-2100 (page 4 of packet 3), and DS-230 Part 1 (only pages 1 & 2). This will tell the embassy that she is ready for her interview and that she has everything in place. When you do this (after you get your BGT#), you will need to get her to focus on getting everything together immediately. Let us know when this happens, and we'll go from there, amigo. :thumbs:

-Ken

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Timeline

#1 http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...&cty=Bogota This pretty much tells you everything. Study it.

You will need to email via .pdf file to get an interview.

Do not send various forms from various people - that would be a big mistake.

Start setting up this stuff now, so you have less waiting to do:

1. DS-2100 (page 4 of packet 3 instructions)

2. DS-230 Part 1 (pages 1 & 2 only)

Get your Fiancee to get her passport photos, her Passport, Colombian Birth Certificate, everything listed that she will need is at: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...&cty=Bogota

Do you have all of your tax information so that you can complete your I-134 in a timely manner? Divorce decrees, Proof of citizenship, DAS Migratorio form?

Once again: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...&cty=Bogota

The DS156K will be necessary for your beneficiary when she arrives at the US Embassy, and places her forms inside of the supplied manilla envelope she will be given. When you receive your NOA2, you will know it is time to rock and roll - not sit around. Send in the completed DS-2100 (page 4 of packet 3), and DS-230 Part 1 (only pages 1 & 2). This will tell the embassy that she is ready for her interview and that she has everything in place. When you do this (after you get your BGT#), you will need to get her to focus on getting everything together immediately. Let us know when this happens, and we'll go from there, amigo. :thumbs:

-Ken

thank you for your help will let you know when we get to this part

Today is an official holiday in Colombia - Day Of The Dead and offices and business are closed in order that their employees can pay respect to their deceased loved ones. (F)

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Today is an official holiday in Colombia - Day Of The Dead and offices and business are closed in order that their employees can pay respect to their deceased loved ones. (F)

The day of the deadddddddd no wonder my wife had the whole day off and was on facebook for the better majority of it. Then she messages me telling me I need to prepare for work for my transition to day shift. Hahha.. Good woman she is for reminding me :). Oh guys... the time is drawing near for my interview. November 17th i will fly out of here and arrive in Bogota to prepare for the brutal day of reckoning November 19th. I will definately keep harrassing the embassy and let them know that they need to make way for all of VJers spouses to get their visas. :D :D. Maybe i can use some of my charm to get everyone that we know of in AP out of it hehe.

J

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Bogota, Colombia

Event Date

Marriage: 2009-04-30

I-130 Sent: 2009-05-14

I-130 Approved: 2009-08-25

NVC Received: 2009-09-09

Interview Date: 2009-11-19

Visa Received: 2009-11-25

US Entry Target Date: 2010-01-08

S. Korea La Vida Loca: 2010-04-07

Returned to USA: 2011-04-06

Removal of Conditions: 2012-01-08

I-751 Biometrics: 2012-03-02

I-751 Approved: 2012-09-07

N400 Sent: 2012-10-10

Biometrics: 2012-11-02

Interview: 2013-01-09

Oath: 2013-02-22

Citizenship: 2013-02-22

Alexandra received her learner's permit for driving....just a warning if planning to travel to the Central Florida area :D I am sure it is way different to her than driving a scooter or moto, and you guys thought waiting for interviews, AP, and loved ones to arrive was nerve wracking.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

The day of the deadddddddd no wonder my wife had the whole day off and was on facebook for the better majority of it. Then she messages me telling me I need to prepare for work for my transition to day shift. Hahha.. Good woman she is for reminding me :) . Oh guys... the time is drawing near for my interview. November 17th i will fly out of here and arrive in Bogota to prepare for the brutal day of reckoning November 19th. I will definately keep harrassing the embassy and let them know that they need to make way for all of VJers spouses to get their visas. :D:D . Maybe i can use some of my charm to get everyone that we know of in AP out of it hehe.

J

Hand-waving worked in my case. Seriously.

:lol:

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Alexandra received her learner's permit for driving....just a warning if planning to travel to the Central Florida area :D I am sure it is way different to her than driving a scooter or moto, and you guys thought waiting for interviews, AP, and loved ones to arrive was nerve wracking.

NOT IF YOU BUY HER A JEEP!!! :innocent::star::dance::thumbs:

My Friends SMASHING a Chrysler 300M down in Mexico :devil: :devil: :devil:

Greetings%20from%20Smuggler's%20Canyon.jpg

Me SMASHING a SUPRA GT!!! :star::dance::thumbs::devil: :devil:

oh,_what_a_feeling.jpg

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Good news! The Colombian Peso is now somehow floating at 2,000 to 1 again. This is a relief for anyone preparing to visit the Colombian Embassy (CALIBOYLOST) as this will help things be a little more economical.

Here's a great song to dedicate to our Fiancee's back in Colombia. :thumbs:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Timeline

The day of the deadddddddd no wonder my wife had the whole day off and was on facebook for the better majority of it. Then she messages me telling me I need to prepare for work for my transition to day shift. Hahha.. Good woman she is for reminding me :). Oh guys... the time is drawing near for my interview. November 17th i will fly out of here and arrive in Bogota to prepare for the brutal day of reckoning November 19th. I will definately keep harrassing the embassy and let them know that they need to make way for all of VJers spouses to get their visas. :D :D. Maybe i can use some of my charm to get everyone that we know of in AP out of it hehe.

J

Hey James,

I can give you my case number, if you wanna put in a good word for me! Best of luck on your upcoming big day...

Joe

K1

11/11/2008 - I-129F Sent

11/13/2008 - I-129F NOA1 issue date

11/17/2008 - Received NOA1 hard copy in the mail

1/23/2009 - Received email stating I was approved (NOA2) on 1/22/2009

1/26/2009 - Recieved NOA2 hard copy in the mail

4/29/2009 - Embassy interview date - was put into AP (given a form with 221(g) box checked)

12/25/2009 - Still stuck in AP- almost 8 MONTHS and counting... :(

12/28/2009 - Embassy finally called my gal for another "interview"

1/14/2010 - VISA APPROVED at the second interview- took about 8 1/2 months of AP

1/21/2010 - Visa delivered by courier- BUT, she opened sealed envelope that was for U.S. Immigration at POE.

Now embassy in Bogota wants us to do the medicals all over again.... nightmare continues.....

2/22/2010 - She went back to Bogota to get labs and medical re-done. Then back to embassy where they finally

re-issued the visa. Is valid until July 13th

7/3/2010 - She made it to the U.S. finally!!! I filed on November 11th 2008 and went thru 8 1/2 months of AP

AOS

12/16/2010 - Sent in packet by Fed Ex to Chicago

1/7/2011 - Notified by email from USCIS packet was received

1/25/2011 - Notified by email we are receiving an RFE

2/4/2011 - Sent translated birth cert in (RFE)

2/9/2011 - Biometrics done

3/1/2011 - EAD/AP card received

NOT IF YOU BUY HER A JEEP!!! :innocent::star::dance::thumbs:

I was thinking a Jeep or Volvo at least until we are done teaching her!

Timeline
Good news! The Colombian Peso is now somehow floating at 2,000 to 1 again. This is a relief for anyone preparing to visit the Colombian Embassy (CALIBOYLOST) as this will help things be a little more economical.

Doooode call me James.... haha

Hey thanks for the support. and since you got the jams going.. ima going to go with akon

And some fantasy fest 2009 pictures here in Key West Halloween!

14844_311936760583_597005583_9615408_2417593_n.jpg

14844_311936775583_597005583_9615410_4845727_n.jpg

14844_311936895583_597005583_9615427_5853366_n.jpg

14844_311937045583_597005583_9615449_8259961_n.jpg

Can't show all of them but they are quite crazy haha. Good times!

CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Timeline

Doooode call me James.... haha

Hey thanks for the support. and since you got the jams going.. ima going to go with akon

14844_311936760583_597005583_9615408_2417593_n.jpg

14844_311936895583_597005583_9615427_5853366_n.jpg

14844_311937045583_597005583_9615449_8259961_n.jpg

Can't show all of them but they are quite crazy haha. Good times!

CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Wow, you look so different in this picture James. :whistle:

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.