Daniel Brillit

Colombia Club Part II

2,910 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey Ryna

Not sure, but I would like to know also.. I already have the plane tickets and although, It's possible to change them, I really don't want to.. lol.. Any how, what, if any addtional processing takes place after the Interviewer says "approved"? and how long does all that take?

Is the interviewers "approval" the final word?

Just going through one of my anxiety attacks... :wacko:

Kenny

Are you guys still waiting? Since your fiancee isn't in Bogota, I'm assuming she had it delivered, right?

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Are you guys still waiting? Since your fiancee isn't in Bogota, I'm assuming she had it delivered, right?

We are still waiting and, Yes, it's going to her aunts home...

So, just a little nervous hoping nothing else holds us up...

Timeline

We are still waiting and, Yes, it's going to her aunts home...

So, just a little nervous hoping nothing else holds us up...

Wow! It's been close to two weeks for you, right? Has she tried calling/writing anyone - the embassy, Domesa?

Since I was the one talking to the CO yesterday, I'm certain she told me that my fiancee should have the visa in "about 7 days." I assumed that meant with delivery. We decided that she'd pick it up herself because the Domesa office isn't too far from her office and her apartment complex is fairly new and not on the maps yet. I had a really hard time getting DHL to deliver a package here last week because they couldn't find the address.

I hope your fiancee gets her visa soon!

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Timeline

Wow! It's been close to two weeks for you, right? Has she tried calling/writing anyone - the embassy, Domesa?

Since I was the one talking to the CO yesterday, I'm certain she told me that my fiancee should have the visa in "about 7 days." I assumed that meant with delivery. We decided that she'd pick it up herself because the Domesa office isn't too far from her office and her apartment complex is fairly new and not on the maps yet. I had a really hard time getting DHL to deliver a package here last week because they couldn't find the address.

We haven't tried calling the Embassy Yet... I did call the DOS/Visa Center, they said, it shows we had the interview, but does not show a descission, not sure what that means...The CO difinetly said we were approved.. We were thinking the package should arrive this week based on the 10 days.. Monday was a holiday there and last week was kinda like a holiday since most of the schools were out...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

You may actually never recieve anything from the Embassy.. Everything is available online.. and if your case was sent to NVC sometime ago, your clock is ticking...

We did all our Packet 3 from the Bogota website, http://bogota.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html, Once you know the Embassy has the Packet from USCIS, you should download everything from the website, complete the DS230 and DS2100 return it to the Embassy by email then an interview will be scheduled..

Make sure to start gathering all required items in the instructions...

I would not wait until you receive anything. Our packet 3 did not arrive until 4 days before our interview.. so waiting for the Mail would have put us beyond the 4 month expiration date..

Alright, well...just called NVC and I was told....NOTHING :bonk: (not that I'm surpised) The operator said that she has no info. on whether or not there is a delay in Bogota and that there is no way to ever predict an interview date or when the case will be sent out. It is simply different for every case. (Response I expected)

As for our other docs. and DS-230...since we are CR1 they already have our DS-230 and all other docs. for the interview (except 1, the medical and our photos and such). We have everything ready except the medical of course (waiting on letter or case number to show up on embassy interview schedule).

So, I guess for now it is time to get ready for another prolonged wait :whistle: filled with lots of calls to harass NVC and DoS. :devil:

Trying not to get too frustrated or disappointed since I know there are people that have been waiting a lot longer than us.

Thanks and good luck to everyone! Will update any info.

Timeline

I just spoke to Domesa..

They have the Package and said it would be delivered today...

:dance::dance:

Timeline

I just spoke to Domesa..

They have the Package and said it would be delivered today...

:dance::dance:

:thumbs:

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Timeline

Package arrived! Visa in Hand!!

Even better! Great news and congrats!

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Hello everyone,

It seems like most of the cases here are for the K type visa, mine is a IR/CR-1 visa and a DCF.

Before I ask my question(s) I first want to give some information. I am the USC Petitioner for my wife who is Colombian. We were married in Colombia and I have been living here for over a year. On October 5th we filed the I-130 with the embassy here in Bogota (Direct Consulate Filing for a CR-1 Visa) and received the "Packet 3" at the embassy with the DS-2100 and DS-230. The next day (October 6th) we sent the embassy the forms via e-mail and received an email back stating that they received it. Last week I called the embassy and received my case number (they did not give this to me at the embassy) and the lady on the phone told me that they were waiting on something from the USCIS office in Panama City. Today I emailed them again wanting to confirm that we had the correct case number and wanting to get an update on what was going on. They told us that the case number was correct and that they were still waiting for information from the USCIS office in Panama to finish the process to schedule the interview for my wife.

My question(s) are:

Has anyone heard about this before? That they send things off to be checked in Panama City? Does anyone know about how long this can take?

Does anyone know about how long from sending them the DS-2100 that the interview will be scheduled? (I know this varies on a case to case basis) The USCIS officer at the embassy told us that the average time is 30-60 days, just wanting to get a feel for what others have experienced.

I realize that it has only been 2 weeks since I filed the I-130 and sent off the DS-2100/DS-230 but this process is.... well I don't have to tell all of you how it is! You know!

Thanks in advanced everyone. Feel free to ask me any questions you have of my experience.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello everyone,

It seems like most of the cases here are for the K type visa, mine is a IR/CR-1 visa and a DCF.

Before I ask my question(s) I first want to give some information. I am the USC Petitioner for my wife who is Colombian. We were married in Colombia and I have been living here for over a year. On October 5th we filed the I-130 with the embassy here in Bogota (Direct Consulate Filing for a CR-1 Visa) and received the "Packet 3" at the embassy with the DS-2100 and DS-230. The next day (October 6th) we sent the embassy the forms via e-mail and received an email back stating that they received it. Last week I called the embassy and received my case number (they did not give this to me at the embassy) and the lady on the phone told me that they were waiting on something from the USCIS office in Panama City. Today I emailed them again wanting to confirm that we had the correct case number and wanting to get an update on what was going on. They told us that the case number was correct and that they were still waiting for information from the USCIS office in Panama to finish the process to schedule the interview for my wife.

My question(s) are:

Has anyone heard about this before? That they send things off to be checked in Panama City? Does anyone know about how long this can take?

Does anyone know about how long from sending them the DS-2100 that the interview will be scheduled? (I know this varies on a case to case basis) The USCIS officer at the embassy told us that the average time is 30-60 days, just wanting to get a feel for what others have experienced.

I realize that it has only been 2 weeks since I filed the I-130 and sent off the DS-2100/DS-230 but this process is.... well I don't have to tell all of you how it is! You know!

Thanks in advanced everyone. Feel free to ask me any questions you have of my experience.

Uhmm... in all honesty I don't know what Panama has to do with anything. The only thing I can think of as far as "sending things off to be checked in Panama" would be your background checks, but that's just me guessing.

The embassy employee is right though, it should only take about that long to get an interview date. DCF is the fastest process available taking about 3-4 months on average for the whole thing to be approved.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Hello everyone! I just wanted to let you know that I just received a text message from USCIS to check the status of my petition. I did and learned that our I-129F petition has been approved.

7-30-07 - Met in Santa Marta, Colombia

9-19-08 - Engaged

7-13-10 - I-129F sent by USPS Expressmail to VSC;

10-18-10 - NOA2!!!!!!!!!! (Received in hand 10-22-10)

11-12-10 - Sent email to Embassy asking about petition; response "Petition rec'd; send in documents"; sent same day

11-24-10 - Called the Department of State; interview has been scheduled

11-29-10 - Package 3 received by beneficiary

01-19-11 - Interview - VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

01-27-11 - Passport received; visa in hand

02-08-11 - POE - Fort Lauderdale, Fla MISSED FLIGHT; 02-10-11 - POE second time's the charm. Easy POE. Welcome to the USA.

03-04-11 - Married

AOS

05-08-11 - Mailed out I-485, I-765 & I-131;

05-16-11 - Text & email msgs with Receipt Number

05-17-11 - Applied for Expedited AP as Victoria's mother was very ill; 05-18-11 - Picked up AP document

05-20-11 - Victoria returns to Colombia; NOA1 for all 3 forms arrive

06-03-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE 06-07-11 - RFE arrives for 2010 Tax Return

06-08-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Post Office returned a letter that was sent by USCIS; 06-09-11 - Issue resolved

06-14-11 - RFE response sent; 06-21-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE response under review

06-29-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Case transferred to CSC

08-30-11 - Victoria returns to US

08-31-11 - Biometrics done; Text message - "EAD Card Production ordered"

09-11 - Case transferred back from CSC

11-22-11 - Interview in Albany Field Office. AOS APPROVED.

Timeline

Hello everyone! I just wanted to let you know that I just received a text message from USCIS to check the status of my petition. I did and learned that our I-129F petition has been approved.

Hey 'Robert de Bonda'

AWESOME!!!

Kenny

Timeline

Congrats again...

Stay on top of them. Call NVC/DOS daily, if necessary. If you can get everything (P3) to the consulate by the 15th of next month, you should get a December appointment. You have plenty of time. I received ours on the 28th of Aug and we were able to submit Packet 3 by the 13th of Sept for the Oct interview date.

Best of luck!

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Timeline

:wow:

After spending so much energy on getting to where we are today, it just occurred to me to think about what's next..

Is there anything else to do between getting the visa approved and using it? We're going to have close to three months before she can move to the US and I think they may be a quiet three months as I can't think of any immigration related issues to address between now and AOS.

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.