Daniel Brillit

Colombia Club Part II

2,910 posts in this topic

Yesterday, Leidys and I had our interrogation, er, AOS Interview. Instead of lasting 15 minutes in the breezy Bogota parking lot, it was held in a small, cubicle-like office lasting exactly 60 minutes. Unlike the K-1 Interview in Bogota being in English for me, the AOS Interview was conducted entirely in Spanish. The Interpreter that I hired was not allowed into the interrogation.

What surprised Leidys was the fact that our K-1 paperwork from Bogota was sitting across the desk from her during this AOS Interrogation. None of the questions found in the VJ Example Interview Questionspage applied. 60 long minutes after walking down that long hall in San Bernardino, we were approved. Good luck to everyone with K-1 appointments. Keep in mind that a difficult K-1 case can turn into a difficult AOS case 6 months down the line... :angry:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I recieved a reply from the Embassy in Bogota today and their reply was that if you are already scheduled for an interview

and you paid the current fee of $131.00 the new fee does not affect you.. :thumbs: But make sure you are paid before that date.June 4th,2010

This is the Embassy in Bogota Colombia only..I do not know what the other countries are doing....Good news for us Colombia people.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Thank you so much for sharing this.

Its one less thing to worry about.

Blog: http://fianceek1visa.blogspot.com/

K1 Timeline:
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
2009-12-26 : I-129F Sent
2009-12-28 : I-129F NOA1
2009-12-28 : I-129F NOA2
2010-04-02 : NVC Received
2010-04-05 : Consulate Received
2010-04-20 : Packet 3 Sent (via Fax)
2010-04-22 : Packet 3 Received by Consulate
2010-06-09 : Interview Date (APPROVED)
2010-06-24 : Visa Delivery (Via Domesa)
2010-07-01 : POE (Fort-Lauderdale)

2010-09-04 : Married !!!!

AOS Timeline
2010-09-11 : Packaged express mailed to Chicago Office:
2010-09-13 : Package delivered to USCIS Chicago
2010-09-20 : NOA1 via e-mail
2010-10-15 : Case Xfered to California Service Center
2010-12-01 : Inquiry made regarding delay of biometrics appointment letter
2010-12-15 : Received biometrics appointment letter (Scheduled for 2011-01-05)
2011-01-05 : Biometrics Appointment
2011-01-12 : Work Authorization Card Received
2011-01-26 : Two Year Green Card Received (Thank you VJ!!!!)

Us Citizen

May 2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yesterday, Leidys and I had our interrogation, er, AOS Interview. Instead of lasting 15 minutes in the breezy Bogota parking lot, it was held in a small, cubicle-like office lasting exactly 60 minutes. Unlike the K-1 Interview in Bogota being in English for me, the AOS Interview was conducted entirely in Spanish. The Interpreter that I hired was not allowed into the interrogation.

What surprised Leidys was the fact that our K-1 paperwork from Bogota was sitting across the desk from her during this AOS Interrogation. None of the questions found in the VJ Example Interview Questionspage applied. 60 long minutes after walking down that long hall in San Bernardino, we were approved. Good luck to everyone with K-1 appointments. Keep in mind that a difficult K-1 case can turn into a difficult AOS case 6 months down the line... :angry:

Approval FTW go Ken amd Leidys :dance::dance::dance:

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Timeline

CONGRATS ON UR APPROVAL!!!! :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

HI everyone, I am a new member and was wondering if anyone has had any experience similar to mine.

My fiance had her interview on may 14th in Bogota for a K-1 Visa. However 2 days before the visa appt. she had to see the doctor to get the vaccines req'd and the doctor would not give her the vaccines because he said she had the flu. But he said don't worry they wont deny the visa, they will just ask you to return in a couple weeks. So she went to the interview as scheduled and she said they asked her lots of questions about us, since I couldnt be there. But she said she answered everything perfectly, and they told her that she would have to call the bank, and get a pin and setup another appointment in a couple weeks so that she could return with the paper from the doctor saying she got he vaccines.

Unfortunately she lives in barranquilla, and had to return home, to finish a project for her university. So I flew her back home, but she still neededto make the appt for the return to the consulate. However as many of you might know as is typical in colombia, she does not have a credit card, nor do any of her friends, that she needs to get the pin number from the bank.

Anyway the way i understood it, she talked like she just had to call that number and they would give her an appointment very soon. So i flew her back to bogota yesterday and she was able to borrow the Ccard of her uncle that lives there and finally get the pin number. However today she says she called the number all day long, and it was busy all day.

Is that typical? And now after reading some, i realize that everyone calls that way to make appointments, for tourist visas or other types of visas. I am worried its going to take a long time for her to get an appointment, does anyone know how long they think it might take ? I am honestly going broke from flying her back and forth from baranquilla to bogota. I really hope i dont have to fly her back again. And yes I will admit she is little confused by this whole process, and didnt necessarily explain it so well to me, or else I would have some how got her a credit card so she could call the embassy and make the appoinment when she was back at home in barranquilla, before i ever flew her back to bogota again.

thanks for any insight,

Timeline

HI everyone, I am a new member and was wondering if anyone has had any experience similar to mine.

My fiance had her interview on may 14th in Bogota for a K-1 Visa. However 2 days before the visa appt. she had to see the doctor to get the vaccines req'd and the doctor would not give her the vaccines because he said she had the flu. But he said don't worry they wont deny the visa, they will just ask you to return in a couple weeks. So she went to the interview as scheduled and she said they asked her lots of questions about us, since I couldnt be there. But she said she answered everything perfectly, and they told her that she would have to call the bank, and get a pin and setup another appointment in a couple weeks so that she could return with the paper from the doctor saying she got he vaccines.

Unfortunately she lives in barranquilla, and had to return home, to finish a project for her university. So I flew her back home, but she still neededto make the appt for the return to the consulate. However as many of you might know as is typical in colombia, she does not have a credit card, nor do any of her friends, that she needs to get the pin number from the bank.

Anyway the way i understood it, she talked like she just had to call that number and they would give her an appointment very soon. So i flew her back to bogota yesterday and she was able to borrow the Ccard of her uncle that lives there and finally get the pin number. However today she says she called the number all day long, and it was busy all day.

Is that typical? And now after reading some, i realize that everyone calls that way to make appointments, for tourist visas or other types of visas. I am worried its going to take a long time for her to get an appointment, does anyone know how long they think it might take ? I am honestly going broke from flying her back and forth from baranquilla to bogota. I really hope i dont have to fly her back again. And yes I will admit she is little confused by this whole process, and didnt necessarily explain it so well to me, or else I would have some how got her a credit card so she could call the embassy and make the appoinment when she was back at home in barranquilla, before i ever flew her back to bogota again.

thanks for any insight,

Once you get the PIN you have to wait 24 Hrs and then you can call to the "centro de Informacion de Visas (CIV)", yeah, is a little hard but finally you'll get to talk to CIV operator.

There are 3 ways to get the PIN:

"To access the Visa Information Center of the American Embassy, you must use the PIN issued exclusively Colpatria Bank. You can get the PIN through the Internet, ATMs and bank branches." more info here

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Once you get the PIN you have to wait 24 Hrs and then you can call to the "centro de Informacion de Visas (CIV)", yeah, is a little hard but finally you'll get to talk to CIV operator.

There are 3 ways to get the PIN:

"To access the Visa Information Center of the American Embassy, you must use the PIN issued exclusively Colpatria Bank. You can get the PIN through the Internet, ATMs and bank branches." more info here

I made my appointment for the second interview to bring back the DAS certificate by calling the number from the USA.. They charge $16.00 for the 15 min call and you bypass Banco Colpatria.. But you must use a Visa or Mastercard only..1-877-804-5401..They will schedule an appointment and give you a confirmation number.. Thats how I did mine and the soonest available time was 4 weeks wait...

11-27-2009 I-129F Sent out USPS Priority mail

11-30-2009 I-129F Recieved Vermont Service Center Signed for by D. Renaud

12-01-2009 NOA-1

12-03-2009 Check Cashed

12-09-2009 NOA-1 Hard Copy Recieved

03-18-2010 NOA-2

03-22-2010 NVC Recieved File

03-23-2010 NVC Sent File to Consulate

03-23-2010 NOA-2 Hard Copy Recieved

03-25-2010 Bogota Consulate Recieved Case

03-30-2010 Pak # 3 Sent to Consulate

04-14-2010 Pak # 3 Recieved

05-03-2010 Lab work done..

05-05-2010 Medical Exam -- PASSED --

05-12-2010 INTERVIEW ......

05-13-2010 Visa pending a DAS certificate for USC Petitioner.............

06-17-2010 2ND. INTERVIEW Date.

06-17-2010 VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-24-2010 VISA Recieved

06-25-2010 POE Orlando Florida

07-10-2010 Married

08-10-2010 Sent the I-485 pak out to Chicago

08-12-2010 Chicago lockbox recieved AOS pak.

08-19-2010 Recipt Notice for I-485 Pak

08-20-2010 Check Cashed for I-485 Pak

09-14-2010 Case Transferred to CSC

10-04-2010 Biometrics Appt.letter recieved

10-12-2010 Biometrics Appointment

10-15-2010 EAD card production ordered.

10-21-2010 EAD Card Recieved.................

11-03-2010 Social Security Card recieved in Mail

02-11-2011 Case transferred to Local USCIS office.

02-18-2011 Recieved Interview Notice in the Mail

03-24-2011 AOS Interview Date ..... GREEN CARD APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!

03-30-2011 Card Production Ordered.......

04-19-2011 Green Card Recieved....26 days after interview....

Timeline

You can get the ATM through Bank Branches? Or as panama jack said, I could have just called the american number and set up the appt for her. Actually we were thinking she could have just used my credit card for the website, until i tried and realized it only accepted colombian bank accounts. So basically she could have gone there and paid them in person to get the pin? <shakes his head>, why didnt they tell her any of that? Seems that they just gave her the bank website and said she needed to get it from the internet, so she had to wait 10 days to get the pin because she couldnt get a credit card............and yours took 4 weeks to get the appointment? Looks like shes going back to barranquilla again to wait.........I tell you, this ####### is rediculous. Its cost me thousands of dollars and we didnt even go the attorney route, yet there are 14 million undocumented mexicans living in the USA, who can get drivers licenses and buy houses, get bank accounts, and basically face zero difficulties without going through any of this. It is frustrating to say the least, but I realize I am speaking to the quire, since most of you have gone through the process as well.

Edited by cascinova

Timeline

Just an update, she was able to finally get through today, and got an appt for the 17th next month. So I will be flying her back home again, then back to bogota again on the week of the 17th, and of course since they wont let her take the visa home, I will have to fly her back to barranquilla, then back to bogota shortly after that on her way here. If I had all this to do over again, I think I would have gone a different route.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

thanks for any insight,

I had my interview 2 days before you and she would have been given a form in SPANISH and there would have been a box checked on top seccion 221[g] if it was just a missing medical. If she took the time to read it on the very bottom there is a box tellking her how to do this. It says you can go into any branch and pay for the pin or if you wanted to choose the internet option you can.. It appears she did not read any of this .

11-27-2009 I-129F Sent out USPS Priority mail

11-30-2009 I-129F Recieved Vermont Service Center Signed for by D. Renaud

12-01-2009 NOA-1

12-03-2009 Check Cashed

12-09-2009 NOA-1 Hard Copy Recieved

03-18-2010 NOA-2

03-22-2010 NVC Recieved File

03-23-2010 NVC Sent File to Consulate

03-23-2010 NOA-2 Hard Copy Recieved

03-25-2010 Bogota Consulate Recieved Case

03-30-2010 Pak # 3 Sent to Consulate

04-14-2010 Pak # 3 Recieved

05-03-2010 Lab work done..

05-05-2010 Medical Exam -- PASSED --

05-12-2010 INTERVIEW ......

05-13-2010 Visa pending a DAS certificate for USC Petitioner.............

06-17-2010 2ND. INTERVIEW Date.

06-17-2010 VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-24-2010 VISA Recieved

06-25-2010 POE Orlando Florida

07-10-2010 Married

08-10-2010 Sent the I-485 pak out to Chicago

08-12-2010 Chicago lockbox recieved AOS pak.

08-19-2010 Recipt Notice for I-485 Pak

08-20-2010 Check Cashed for I-485 Pak

09-14-2010 Case Transferred to CSC

10-04-2010 Biometrics Appt.letter recieved

10-12-2010 Biometrics Appointment

10-15-2010 EAD card production ordered.

10-21-2010 EAD Card Recieved.................

11-03-2010 Social Security Card recieved in Mail

02-11-2011 Case transferred to Local USCIS office.

02-18-2011 Recieved Interview Notice in the Mail

03-24-2011 AOS Interview Date ..... GREEN CARD APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!

03-30-2011 Card Production Ordered.......

04-19-2011 Green Card Recieved....26 days after interview....

Timeline

Hi,

Everyone,

I have bad news for anyone that has interview after the 4th of June.

The embassy called my fiancee today and told her that she has to go back and pay the difference between the new price and the old price for the visas. I have to pay for 2 people. They said because her interview date is after the 4th of June. She has to go back and pay the difference. If her interview date was before the 4th of June then no. I am screwed. I have to find $500.00 dollars from somewhere.

they have just stabbed me in my back

K-1 Visa Timeline:

I-129F Sent : 2009-12-04

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-12-07

I-129F RFE(s) : 2010-03-19

RFE Reply(s) : 2010-03-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-30

Approved after 113 days!

NVC Received : 2010-04-01

NVC Forwarded Case to Bogota 2010-04-05

NOA2 Hard Copy received: 2010-04-05

Embassy received Petition: 2010-04-13

Embassy mailed Packet 3: 2010-04-13

Packet 3 Faxed : 2010-04-13

Packet 3 Received in the mail: 2010-04-23

Interview Date: 2010-06-11

Packet 4 mailed: 2010-23-04

Packet 4 Received: 2010-05-05

Medical scheduled: 2010-06-09

Interview Approved ! 06-11-2010

Visas Received: 06-18-2010

POE: 2010-09-27 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Wedding Date: 10-09-2010

AOS Timeline:

3-16-2011 Priority Mailed AOS packet

3-21-2011 Check Cashed

3-22-2011 NOA1 for I-485, I-765, I-131

4-19-2011 Biometrics Appointment

5-11-2011 Approved EAD and mailed

5-11-2011 Approved I-131 and mailed

5-14-2011 EAD CARD Received priority mail

Timeline

You can get the ATM through Bank Branches? Or as panama jack said, I could have just called the american number and set up the appt for her. Actually we were thinking she could have just used my credit card for the website, until i tried and realized it only accepted colombian bank accounts. So basically she could have gone there and paid them in person to get the pin? <shakes his head>, why didnt they tell her any of that? Seems that they just gave her the bank website and said she needed to get it from the internet, so she had to wait 10 days to get the pin because she couldnt get a credit card............and yours took 4 weeks to get the appointment? Looks like shes going back to barranquilla again to wait.........I tell you, this ####### is rediculous. Its cost me thousands of dollars and we didnt even go the attorney route, yet there are 14 million undocumented mexicans living in the USA, who can get drivers licenses and buy houses, get bank accounts, and basically face zero difficulties without going through any of this. It is frustrating to say the least, but I realize I am speaking to the quire, since most of you have gone through the process as well.

I don't think it's fair to go off on the undocumented Mexicans living in the US, especially in this thread. You're comparing apples and oranges based on your frustration and that's not fair.

As Panamajack said, you both didn't read the information in detail. Any person who doesn't have a credit card can go to any Colpatria bank to pay for the PIN # to make the appointment. Also, just because you're calling to make an appointment, doesn't mean you will get one the next day, keep in mind they have to interview a ton of people a month for their visas and they can't just make room for another one within days.

As for the interview, you're pretty much done with it and you don't have to fly with her back and forth unless you really, really want to.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

Hi,

Everyone,

I have bad news for anyone that has interview after the 4th of June.

The embassy called my fiancee today and told her that she has to go back and pay the difference between the new price and the old price for the visas. I have to pay for 2 people. They said because her interview date is after the 4th of June. She has to go back and pay the difference. If her interview date was before the 4th of June then no. I am screwed. I have to find $500.00 dollars from somewhere.

they have just stabbed me in my back

I know, the higher visa prices caught most people by surprise. The embassy did start sending packet 3 with the $350 fee info vs. the $131 which confused a lot of people at the beginning but it was their way to give them a heads up, I guess.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

I had my interview 2 days before you and she would have been given a form in SPANISH and there would have been a box checked on top seccion 221[g] if it was just a missing medical. If she took the time to read it on the very bottom there is a box tellking her how to do this. It says you can go into any branch and pay for the pin or if you wanted to choose the internet option you can.. It appears she did not read any of this .

Yeah it does appear that way. As I said I wasnt there and I only have what she tells me, I asked her a couple times about it, and she said they only gave her that website to go to. I do believe you though, and plan to have some words with her later about this. It seems my novia does not think things through very well.

Timeline

Hello,

im new here and I would like to know about your experience with americans as Bfs because i think they are ''cold'' in bed...and they are always tired to make love, what do u think??? Give me your opinions please....

Sofi!

Are you asking a serious question? Can I ask how many 'american" boyfriends you have had? haha, Maybe you are dating men that are too old or something. NO offense intended, but i only say that because of the amount of colombianas that seem to have american boyfriends twice their age.

Edited by cascinova

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.