MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just send in a copy of the passport every page from front to back and take the passport with you to the interview cause you will need your passport for the medical and you have to schedule the medical prior to the interview.

Thank you for all the info. I also read your later posts and it makes the picture very clear.

Shan.

Edited by Shan Sohail

we - March,26 2008

Got engaged - July, 18 2008

Sent application (VT)- August, 22 2008

Package received- August, 25 2008

Check cleared - August, 28 2008

Recieved NOA1 - August, 30 2008

Nov-15 traveled to Pakistan to spend time with Irum

Jan-4 arrived back in USA after spend 7 weeks with Irum.

Jan-25 got approved notice online.

Jan-28 received NOA2 in mail.

Jan-29 NVC received

Jan-29 NVC Sent (wow that was quick)

Feb-04 Letter recieved from NVC.

Feb-05 State department confirmed over the phone that the packet 3 has been posted.

Feb-06 recieved packet 3 by mail today.

Feb-27 Packet 3 sent back to Islamabad embassy.

Mar-9 Recieved the interview date letter.

Mar-30 Interviewed and got the Visa (waiting on the passport)

April-2 Got the physical passport

April-16 Entered USA

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is for K-1 but most documents are the same except if married need marriage certificate and married couples wont need D156K , but fiance does

DS156 (consist of 2 forms) All questions must be answered

DS230 Part 1 (consist of 1 form) All questions must be answered

DS156K (for fiance only) All questions must be answered

DS157(think this is for males only may have changed not sure ) All questions must be answered

ALL THESE DOCUMENTS BELOW HAVE TO HAVE ENGLISH TRANSLATION IF IN URDU NEED URDU ORGINIAL AND 1 COPY AND TRANSLATED ENGLISH ORGINIAL AND 1 COPY

Birth Certificate

Death Certificate of former spouse (if applicable)

Divorce Certificate of former spouse (if applicable)

Original signed, and notarized 1-134 from the sponsor

Copy of sponsor's federal tax returns for past years ( I only sent in 1 yr but 3 years are recommended

Original job letter proof of employment on company letter head from the sponsor

Proof of sponsor's assets (if applicable) only needed if using to meet income requirements

Passport valid 12months beyond the anticipated interview date (send copy from front to back) take original to interview.

Medical exam report ( take to interview)

2 2x2 photos on white background (you will need these for the medical) Im not sure if we sent 2 back in the packet or not just do it to be safe. but i know you need 2 for the medical exam too.

Police certificate.

Please remember this is for K-1. k-3 only needs marriage certificate included same as the above directions 1 original if in urdu and 1 copy and then the translation English original and 1 copy

Hope this help if anyone out there Did K-3 in the past and something is missing plz post to help our friends.

Good luck everyone,

Dana

Thank you again! Tell ur fiance to miss call Samir plz.

HI mahitab!

Well i was that time busy and told to samir to call me back in 1 hour but he did not.

Then i remembered he had to talk to me then i called him.Well hes always wellcome any time.

He doesn't need to send orignal pasport.he has to send photo copy and take keep with him orignal passport at the time of interview.

Filed: Timeline
This is for K-1 but most documents are the same except if married need marriage certificate and married couples wont need D156K , but fiance does

DS156 (consist of 2 forms) All questions must be answered

DS230 Part 1 (consist of 1 form) All questions must be answered

DS156K (for fiance only) All questions must be answered

DS157(think this is for males only may have changed not sure ) All questions must be answered

ALL THESE DOCUMENTS BELOW HAVE TO HAVE ENGLISH TRANSLATION IF IN URDU NEED URDU ORGINIAL AND 1 COPY AND TRANSLATED ENGLISH ORGINIAL AND 1 COPY

Birth Certificate

Death Certificate of former spouse (if applicable)

Divorce Certificate of former spouse (if applicable)

Original signed, and notarized 1-134 from the sponsor

Copy of sponsor's federal tax returns for past years ( I only sent in 1 yr but 3 years are recommended

Original job letter proof of employment on company letter head from the sponsor

Proof of sponsor's assets (if applicable) only needed if using to meet income requirements

Passport valid 12months beyond the anticipated interview date (send copy from front to back) take original to interview.

Medical exam report ( take to interview)

2 2x2 photos on white background (you will need these for the medical) Im not sure if we sent 2 back in the packet or not just do it to be safe. but i know you need 2 for the medical exam too.

Police certificate.

Please remember this is for K-1. k-3 only needs marriage certificate included same as the above directions 1 original if in urdu and 1 copy and then the translation English original and 1 copy

Hope this help if anyone out there Did K-3 in the past and something is missing plz post to help our friends.

Good luck everyone,

Dana

Thank you again! Tell ur fiance to miss call Samir plz.

HI mahitab!

Well i was that time busy and told to samir to call me back in 1 hour but he did not.

Then i remembered he had to talk to me then i called him.Well hes always wellcome any time.

He doesn't need to send orignal pasport.he has to send photo copy and take keep with him orignal passport at the time of interview.

Thank you Sibtain! He says you are a very nice man! :0)

Help! I am trying to get this paperwork completed and mail to my dh this weekend. Please I need help on my I-134!!!!!!!! How do I fill it out? If I am a full-time student what do I put as my employer and what about income and etc. Do they want proof of our assets? I am really confused here! I need help! Also, what do we put for I intend.....? Do we need to send a copy of our life insurance policy? Also, if I get student loans and grants do they need to see my 1098-T? Please help me!

Edited by ~Dream~Love~

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Help! I am trying to get this paperwork completed and mail to my dh this weekend. Please I need help on my I-134!!!!!!!! How do I fill it out? If I am a full-time student what do I put as my employer and what about income and etc. Do they want proof of our assets? I am really confused here! I need help! Also, what do we put for I intend.....? Do we need to send a copy of our life insurance policy? Also, if I get student loans and grants do they need to see my 1098-T? Please help me!

i answered ur Q on another thread a few days ago..

u mentioned ur father will b co-sponsering? r u his dependent? if so he must b taking ur student loan interest/qualified higher edu deduction/credit...(if allowed.. dunno his inc) u wuldn' thave to disclose this on I-134. if ur father is co-sponsering submit his asset proofs .. i think (atleast for fiance visa) package lists several ... I-134 is v sensitive.. make sure u fully comply w/it.. many get a 221G for that

good lucks!

Edited by Revived

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

i answered ur Q on another thread a few days ago..

u mentioned ur father will b co-sponsering? r u his dependent? if so he must b taking ur student loan interest/qualified higher edu deduction/credit...(if allowed.. dunno his inc) u wuldn' thave to disclose this on I-134. if ur father is co-sponsering submit his asset proofs .. i think (atleast for fiance visa) package lists several ... I-134 is v sensitive.. make sure u fully comply w/it.. many get a 221G for that

good lucks!

NO, dad is NOT signing mom is. My dad will NOT for personal reasons. So, is it ok if mom does or will we get denied? My mom is disabled and draws a pnsion. My dad is retired military but also working. they file jointly and have large combined income. Is it ok? Does she put all of his dependents since they file jointly?

Edited by ~Dream~Love~

Timeline

I am so depressed. I called DOS this morning & they said the visa is not even issued yet. Somebody plz kill me :(

No western has ever come close to this one....and no western ever will.

once-upon-a-time-in-the-west2.jpg

ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST

Timeline
I am so depressed. I called DOS this morning & they said the visa is not even issued yet. Somebody plz kill me :(

What??? :huh: R u serious? :o It's been over 10 days now. :angry: They haven't issued the Visa? :bonk: This sucks!!! :crying: Hang in there buddy, it's almost over! :clock: Just couple more days.

we - March,26 2008

Got engaged - July, 18 2008

Sent application (VT)- August, 22 2008

Package received- August, 25 2008

Check cleared - August, 28 2008

Recieved NOA1 - August, 30 2008

Nov-15 traveled to Pakistan to spend time with Irum

Jan-4 arrived back in USA after spend 7 weeks with Irum.

Jan-25 got approved notice online.

Jan-28 received NOA2 in mail.

Jan-29 NVC received

Jan-29 NVC Sent (wow that was quick)

Feb-04 Letter recieved from NVC.

Feb-05 State department confirmed over the phone that the packet 3 has been posted.

Feb-06 recieved packet 3 by mail today.

Feb-27 Packet 3 sent back to Islamabad embassy.

Mar-9 Recieved the interview date letter.

Mar-30 Interviewed and got the Visa (waiting on the passport)

April-2 Got the physical passport

April-16 Entered USA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

:wow: FaisalShirin4eva ... you guys have just zoomed through this process.

:dance: Congratualtions :dance:

Just a little more patience .... it is coming. Isamabad is just the slowest embassy on the freaking planet. I am sure it will be issued very soon. :luv:

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/12/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS Lockbox in AZ Filing Date
04/13/2016 N-400 Delivered to USCIS
04/18/2016 Check Cashed
04/13/2016 NOA I-797C Receipt Notice Date
05/12/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
05/16/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
07/16/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
08/16/2016 Date of Interview
09/01/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Chicago, IL

Timeline

Just a little more patience .... it is coming. Isamabad is just the slowest embassy on the freaking planet. I am sure it will be issued very soon. :luv:

peace

~kris

Thanks Shan & Kris but God I am so scared. What if they put her in AP? :crying:

BTW, Shan did you turn in your packet 3.5 stuff to Amex yet?

Timeline

FaisalShirin4eva ... You would already know if she is in AP. I guess I am a little confused. What paper did they give her at interview?

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/18/2016 Check Cashed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

peace

~kris

u r few weeks away man! they have to review and do all the paperwork. they r short on staff! .. dun worry!

at least u know she will b getting her visa in few weeks! b thankful=)

and i'A they won't b putting her in AP

patience as Kris said=)

prayers for ya all!

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Timeline

peace

~kris

u r few weeks away man! they have to review and do all the paperwork. they r short on staff! .. dun worry!

at least u know she will b getting her visa in few weeks! b thankful=)

and i'A they won't b putting her in AP

patience as Kris said=)

prayers for ya all!

I just called DOS again & this guy answered the phone & he said what I didn't wanna hear. He said your fiance is on AP. I am devastated. :blush: With the way things are b/w me and her, I dont think our relationship will last if she is indeed on AP.

Timeline

FaisalShirin4eva

What paper did she recieve at interview and what did it say? Did they take her passport? Did they tell her it would take weeks to process her visa? (That would be Administative Processing) They told most of us it would takes weeks. Administrative processing could last anywhere from a few weeks to whenever. If DOS told you administrative processing then more than likely you are in administrative processing, otherwise they would have told you that your visa is being issued. I would suggest that you both settle down. Write to the embassy asking the status of your case. PakIVQuery@state.gov Put your ISL case number in the subject line and ask them your status. Call DOS once a week to inquire about your status. Hopefully, this will not last long for you and since she is female you have a better chance of it not lasting too long. Stay Strong and be Patient. :luv:

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/18/2016 Check Cashed

Timeline
FaisalShirin4eva

What paper did she recieve at interview and what did it say? Did they take her passport? Did they tell her it would take weeks to process her visa? (That would be Administative Processing) They told most of us it would takes weeks. Administrative processing could last anywhere from a few weeks to whenever. If DOS told you administrative processing then more than likely you are in administrative processing, otherwise they would have told you that your visa is being issued. I would suggest that you both settle down. Write to the embassy asking the status of your case. PakIVQuery@state.gov Put your ISL case number in the subject line and ask them your status. Call DOS once a week to inquire about your status. Hopefully, this will not last long for you and since she is female you have a better chance of it not lasting too long. Stay Strong and be Patient. :luv:

peace

~kris

She was cleared & got pink/red slip & yes they took her passport. CO told her that she would get her passport/visa in 7-10 days. She even asked him again to make sure she was approved to which CO said yes. I wrote to embassy on the 5th or 6 & got a reply next day saying that It takes three weeks to get passport/visa back. I dont understand why DOS is saying that she is on AP? :blush:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.