MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Personaly I dont belive/saw Law only for Pakistani, but all they doing is screening to make sure they are going to permit a right person. This their Job and we should respect. ... As i said before, I saw they stoping people from all over the world for checking/investigation.

Strongly agree with IT-1....of course u dont want to be in a flight that is gonna get hijacked/blown up by these retarded ppl.So u do want to make sure that every one u are boarding with is just common people with respect for others irrespective of their beliefs.Ever since i cg hanged my last name to my married name,I go thru secondary checkinwith checking in,bcoz i unfortunately share my name with a suspected Al-Qaida financer.So it just takes a couple of minutes more and yes i do get pulled to the side but i dont mind.As long as u know u r clear n right and every one else to make sure ,let them.I never had any problems so far coming back...

i have no doubt they screen the passengers because all other passenger's life is at stake.

but when it comes to thinking about talibans, the first thought that comes to mind is muslims, the first country to think of is afghanistan, and then pakistan.

if i was an immigration officer i would do the same.i wiould interrogate pakistanis and afghanistani and people from other muslim worlds because the attackers and hijackers are most likely be from these countries.and the terrorist names are most likely be omar, usama, abdullah, muslim which are most popular in pakistan and afghanistan.

i strongly agree they do not do it on purpose or to bug the paasengers but as a part of their duty.

but its also true pakistanis have to face discrimination and Up to 45,000 of the estimated 100,000-strong Pakistani community in New York were deported or left voluntarily following the attacks, according to reports.

see discrimination section in

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistani_American

and what are you supposed to do if intelligence gives you information that the next flight has a terrorist hiding in it.obviously people of arab or pakistani or afghanistani origin are most likely to be subject to elaborated screening.

but i wont like to be pulled aside from the rest of the passengers for secondary security checks its just annoying, time waisting and i hate it for several other reasons.

Let me tell you something about your link.... This is not a correct information and reasonable site..anybody can edit or remove information check out the date end of the link telling last update on the page ..Ok Hope u can see it.

I am young male and from same country as u are... I dont not belive or go far sad stories, because I already saw with my own eyes. They are just scanning and making sure... Ofcourse they gona scann more and investigate people coming from Pak or Afg.... I am sure you know..where is the prob right now... All they doing/making sure boder are safe... I dont expect they will treat us/should diff then other.. Again I have seen many people pulled aside from diffirent part of the world...All of them were no Muslim.... I support and follow the law/requirment..Thats it my friend..

this is al-jazeera.and everything on wikipediaorg can remain there only if its provided with a reference otherwise it could be edited by organizers or deleted.

Thats why you dont belive these Micky Mouse sites.. Show me something reasonable... Ofcouse ref can be ur own made oe edit..if this is the standerd of belive..what can i say...

urghhh

this is soo typical american thinking.its really hard to change your mind about something that you have a firm belief in.

take this.

everything on wikipedia.org has a reference attached with it.

here it is

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/americas...1955164424.html

its aljazeera.

i hope it will work.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yeah but the Pakistani embassy I spoke with here in Chicago said NADRA doesn't issue POC cards anymore, just NICOP. Anyways, as I get to Pakistan were going to the NADRA office to see what we can get, it seems like the rules/guidelines are a bit hazy...

Abitenez - where in chicago do you live?

my family is out in bolingbrook

.png

Filed: Timeline
Personaly I dont belive/saw Law only for Pakistani, but all they doing is screening to make sure they are going to permit a right person. This their Job and we should respect. ... As i said before, I saw they stoping people from all over the world for checking/investigation.

Strongly agree with IT-1....of course u dont want to be in a flight that is gonna get hijacked/blown up by these retarded ppl.So u do want to make sure that every one u are boarding with is just common people with respect for others irrespective of their beliefs.Ever since i cg hanged my last name to my married name,I go thru secondary checkinwith checking in,bcoz i unfortunately share my name with a suspected Al-Qaida financer.So it just takes a couple of minutes more and yes i do get pulled to the side but i dont mind.As long as u know u r clear n right and every one else to make sure ,let them.I never had any problems so far coming back...

i have no doubt they screen the passengers because all other passenger's life is at stake.

but when it comes to thinking about talibans, the first thought that comes to mind is muslims, the first country to think of is afghanistan, and then pakistan.

if i was an immigration officer i would do the same.i wiould interrogate pakistanis and afghanistani and people from other muslim worlds because the attackers and hijackers are most likely be from these countries.and the terrorist names are most likely be omar, usama, abdullah, muslim which are most popular in pakistan and afghanistan.

i strongly agree they do not do it on purpose or to bug the paasengers but as a part of their duty.

but its also true pakistanis have to face discrimination and Up to 45,000 of the estimated 100,000-strong Pakistani community in New York were deported or left voluntarily following the attacks, according to reports.

and what are you supposed to do if intelligence gives you information that the next flight has a terrorist hiding in it.obviously people of arab or pakistani or afghanistani origin are most likely to be subject to elaborated screening.

but i wont like to be pulled aside from the rest of the passengers for secondary security checks its just annoying, time waisting and i hate it for several other reasons.

Let me tell you something about your link.... This is not a correct information and reasonable site..anybody can edit or remove information check out the date end of the link telling last update on the page ..Ok Hope u can see it.

I am young male and from same country as u are... I dont not belive or go far sad stories, because I already saw with my own eyes. They are just scanning and making sure... Ofcourse they gona scann more and investigate people coming from Pak or Afg.... I am sure you know..where is the prob right now... All they doing/making sure boder are safe... I dont expect they will treat us/should diff then other.. Again I have seen many people pulled aside from diffirent part of the world...All of them were no Muslim.... I support and follow the law/requirment..Thats it my friend..

this is al-jazeera.and everything on wikipediaorg can remain there only if its provided with a reference otherwise it could be edited by organizers or deleted.

Thats why you dont belive these Micky Mouse sites.. Show me something reasonable... Ofcouse ref can be ur own made oe edit..if this is the standerd of belive..what can i say...

urghhh

this is soo typical american thinking.its really hard to change your mind about something that you have a firm belief in.

take this.

here it is

its aljazeera.

i hope it will work.

Ya ofcourse i can see everything and tell you what is reality.... be open minded dont be complaining too much.....I dont want go too personal on it and I just show u what is real and what I saw i travel.. how u want me to belive some thing even not on reality..Please dont be mentioning Micky Mouse /Donal Duck sites..how can be added any sec.. I dont know if thats the standerd of belive???

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hugsssssss I can't believe we got done the same day... I still remember the interview day, both of us soooo prepared for AP and still after the interview the look on our face was like...oh please lets make it short now... yayyyy ITS OVER!!!!!!!

Marriage January 23, 2005

USCIS

August 14, 2006- I-130 Sent

September 22, 2008- NOA 1 Received

September 17, 2008- Became a USC

September 18, 2008- Upgraded I-130

March 20, 2009 - NOA2 (email)

March 25, 2009- NOA2 (hardcopy Received)

NVC

April 3, 2009 - Case Number Assigned

June 5, 2009 CASE COMPLETED AT NVC

June 9, 2009 Interview Date Assigned

July 16, 2009 Interview AP

August 24, 2009 DOS Operator said "VISA HAS BEEN ISSUED TODAY" Alhamdulillah

August 26, 2009 call from embassy to PICK UP THE PASSPORT :-)

August 27, 2009 Picked up the passport... woohooo!!!

September 9, 2009 US Entry InshaAllah

October 13, 2009 SSN and green card in mail DONE WITH USCIS until husband applies for his citizenship!!

The journey of 4 years, 8 months, and 3 weeks has ended!!!

.png

Timeline

urghhh

take this.

here it is

its aljazeera.

i hope it will work.

Ya ofcourse i can see everything and tell you what is reality.... be open minded dont be complaining too much.....I dont want go too personal on it and I just show u what is real and what I saw i travel.. how u want me to belive some thing even not on reality..Please dont be mentioning Micky Mouse /Donal Duck sites..how can be added any sec.. I dont know if thats the standerd of belive???

this is AL-JAZEERA.

have you ever heard of it.

mr mickey mouse.

its called AL-JAZEERA.

look it up on google.

its a popular arabic news channel.

and people like it.if you havent heard of it i am sorry to say your general knowledge is limited.

i think you want me to say.

my unlces didn't have a problem at JFK and all the people are lying right?

why dont you just admit some people can have problems coming through JFK.

we just saw one example.

urghhh

take this.

here it is

its aljazeera.

i hope it will work.

this is AL-JAZEERA.

mr mickey mouse.

its called AL-JAZEERA.

look it up on google.

and people like it.if you havent heard of it i am sorry to say your general knowledge is limited.

we just saw one example.

Dear IT 1 & Transformer!

Why do you brothers are fighting each other.Plz calm down.And as far as your conversation is concerned i agree with both of u.

First they do their jobs we don't need to get panic.

Second yes there are few who try to creats probs, like wastely interrogation ,try to push & humilate.

I have heared both cases in which they treated softly & roughly, bad fish are every where.

I think brothers now you should stop this conversation and try to discuss pakistanis probs who are coming to USA for starting a new life.

One more thing this is a month(Ramdan) of blessings so plz be one unit. :star:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Thanks guys!!

I can't believe it!

excited??? umm, i think you can tell how i feel!

Hahaha!

congrats !

Well, he made it in safely on August 18th Alhamdulillah. He says POE at JFK was a disaster for him. They kept him for 5 hours and were very rude to him. They asked him very horrible and personal questions too and he was very offended. He almost missed the shuttle to La Guardia. At any rate he is here by the Grace of Almighty Allah. How are all of you doing?

sorry to hear about ur experience.

congrats.

security checks @ airports are all luck... =)

lucks w/your new life.

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Timeline

urghhh

take this.

here it is

its aljazeera.

i hope it will work.

this is AL-JAZEERA.

mr mickey mouse.

its called AL-JAZEERA.

look it up on google.

we just saw one example.

Dear IT 1 & Transformer!

Why do you brothers are fighting each other.Plz calm down.And as far as your conversation is concerned i agree with both of u.

First they do their jobs we don't need to get panic.

Second yes there are few who try to creats probs, like wastely interrogation ,try to push & humilate.

I have heared both cases in which they treated softly & roughly, bad fish are every where.

I think brothers now you should stop this conversation and try to discuss pakistanis probs who are coming to USA for starting a new life.

One more thing this is a month(Ramdan) of blessings so plz be one unit. :star:

good going.

i agree with you :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Shokiriya Sibtain Bhai

Al Ja zeera?? , come on!!

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.