MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Cindi.. I love your pictures. they brought back lots of memories. I spent hours at the Rabi center buying and being fitted for clothes.. I agree "Honey, I'll take all of them" :)

We have got to get back there.. its been over 3 years!!!

I posted some pictures from our home in Islamabad , etc of gori wife (me)on the VisaJourney gallery for overseas. enjoy

Cindishah

11-08-05 Interview

11-08-05 A/R with full set of fingerprints

12-23-05 45 day minimum - only fingerprints are back

12-30-05 Still waiting for results at DOS

01-23-06 I-130 Approved (via email on Friday the 13th) (Got to NVC 2/6/06)

01-27-06 Still Waiting - 80th day of A/R

02-08-06 You have got to be kidding me.......

02-16-06 Receive letter from Embassy to return with emails and passports! (DOS complete 1/12/06)

02-19-06 Flight from Karachi to Islamabad

02-21-06 Drops off recent chats and old passport at Embassy

02-21-06 Embassy Issues Visa!!! YaaaaFreeeakinHooo!

02-22-06 Flight from ISL to Karachi (dont get me started on why they could not just hand him his passport yesterday)

02-23-06 - Argue with AMEX for an hour to make them look for the embassy shipment

02-28-06 - He's here..... now off to AOS!

05-12-06 - EAD Card Received

07-23-06 - After 10 weeks, SSN in hand!

07-25-06 - AOS Interview

07-25-06 - AOS 'semi-approved' waiting FBI name check GRR!!

09-23-06 - Welcome Notice in the Mail!!!

08-04-08 NOA 1 Removing Conditions

08-28-08 Bio Appt

01-02-09 Nothing, not even a touch! I was really hoping one step would go smooth.

01-27-09 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!! Yaahoo, finally!!! Next Step Naturalization.

11-09-09 N-400 Delivered - Phoenix

03-16-10 Oath Ceremony - Denver CO - DONE! DONE! DONE!

Don't ask me anything, I'm making this up as I go along

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

so then use your pakistani passport goingback to Pk, then us passport on return home. Manzar filing for naturalization soon, good information. Also you have to stay in usa when you retire to get social security? ( something we need to know in 20 yrs or so when he is old babji) we have nice home in Pakistran would like to do our snow bird to warmer weather there 5 months our of the yr.

On the porifle thing, check timelines, seems pk males have longer AP and visa wait times. Even thought that horrible 9-1-1 time was mostly Arab nations terrorists. just my 2 cents. Immigration check points and waiting room etc very kind to husband and I. Just takes awhile 2 hrs upon reentrance to usa. so Now I mentionthis to nwa to get a later flight out of MSP to home. BY then 20 hrs later leaving ISL we are tired, hungry need refresh and have to go through luggage , get questions, go through many security checks. we are often few on the flight from London who go through this. London not usual big hassel, only the Brits are often making fun and laughing at us or being rude to me . maybe bcoz me a gori wife. who knows. I want to smack them. last time though they had a nice pakistni female at the desk who held the plane a few minutes for us at the emrirates desk. next time we are going direct no stop at London (heathrow an old mess they are remodling, no help or signs on where to go, make you take a bus and all that yada) anyway next time home we are going through Abu Dhabi on Etihad , direct from Chicago.

On the recieving end, If Im alone, I am lucky that my brother in law works at Benazir Bhutto airport. Bcozthey take some time to ask questions and clear Goris through that airport on entrance to PK (they do serve a nice Chai ) ahh Pakistani manners and hosting, best in world!!

On way back , Usa didnt give me bad time about my swords or decorative hookahs, It was the Pakistani customs which did.(still even though i was in VIP section) Nice that they are looking out on thier end for trouble makers. So I do see your point little brother. You never know when smart azz from India/PK could be posing as Sharukh to get in to Usa easily and maybe cause trouble. Why he wasnt travelling with his gaurds and etc. assistants. seems like he was alone , and they provided security at the conventions.

Cindishah

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Cindi.. I love your pictures. they brought back lots of memories. I spent hours at the Rabi center buying and being fitted for clothes.. I agree "Honey, I'll take all of them" :)

We have got to get back there.. its been over 3 years!!!

I posted some pictures from our home in Islamabad , etc of gori wife (me)on the VisaJourney gallery for overseas. enjoy

Cindishah

Yupp ...same here....i miss shopping there :crying::crying: .....now when i go,i only go for 2 weeks so i just go buy ready made clothes from boutiques as no time for customized clothes any more...

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

Timeline

Laney , yes time goes fast.. Holidays bring back homesickness. now even for me ,( but then again 2 months in pk me ready to head back to states where i can drive around freely again lol) . Funny thing though I hang with the sisters, and etc friends over there, while he does his business or chats or catches up with all the friends and family memebers n, I shy away from him in markets, coz he looks like the American in his Ralph Loren and etc. ( naww he not spoiled he helps manage a dept in major dept store, so he gets huge discounts etc.. got primp up) Anyway, Im glad to hear yhe old sisters doing well here. With all the talk about foreign spouses I wanted to share a little bit about personal pics and life , to show that a family is family no matter who or where. There is good times and stories to share on both sides of the world and cultures. Some of the conflicts, and misunderstandings have been major concern over past 4 yrs, resolutions quick and respectable. Isnt that what marriage about. coming to agreements and not being selfish, also not giving up whole identity to make other happy. Continued happy endings for all!! Wa Salaams

cindi

DEC 2004 Approved

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Personaly I dont belive/saw Law only for Pakistani, but all they doing is screening to make sure they are going to permit a right person. This their Job and we should respect. ... As i said before, I saw they stoping people from all over the world for checking/investigation.

Strongly agree with IT-1....of course u dont want to be in a flight that is gonna get hijacked/blown up by these retarded ppl.So u do want to make sure that every one u are boarding with is just common people with respect for others irrespective of their beliefs.Ever since i cg hanged my last name to my married name,I go thru secondary checkinwith checking in,bcoz i unfortunately share my name with a suspected Al-Qaida financer.So it just takes a couple of minutes more and yes i do get pulled to the side but i dont mind.As long as u know u r clear n right and every one else to make sure ,let them.I never had any problems so far coming back...

i have no doubt they screen the passengers because all other passenger's life is at stake.

but when it comes to thinking about talibans, the first thought that comes to mind is muslims, the first country to think of is afghanistan, and then pakistan.

if i was an immigration officer i would do the same.i wiould interrogate pakistanis and afghanistani and people from other muslim worlds because the attackers and hijackers are most likely be from these countries.and the terrorist names are most likely be omar, usama, abdullah, muslim which are most popular in pakistan and afghanistan.

i strongly agree they do not do it on purpose or to bug the paasengers but as a part of their duty.

but its also true pakistanis have to face discrimination and Up to 45,000 of the estimated 100,000-strong Pakistani community in New York were deported or left voluntarily following the attacks, according to reports.

see discrimination section in

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistani_American

and what are you supposed to do if intelligence gives you information that the next flight has a terrorist hiding in it.obviously people of arab or pakistani or afghanistani origin are most likely to be subject to elaborated screening.

but i wont like to be pulled aside from the rest of the passengers for secondary security checks its just annoying, time waisting and i hate it for several other reasons.

Filed: Timeline
Personaly I dont belive/saw Law only for Pakistani, but all they doing is screening to make sure they are going to permit a right person. This their Job and we should respect. ... As i said before, I saw they stoping people from all over the world for checking/investigation.

Strongly agree with IT-1....of course u dont want to be in a flight that is gonna get hijacked/blown up by these retarded ppl.So u do want to make sure that every one u are boarding with is just common people with respect for others irrespective of their beliefs.Ever since i cg hanged my last name to my married name,I go thru secondary checkinwith checking in,bcoz i unfortunately share my name with a suspected Al-Qaida financer.So it just takes a couple of minutes more and yes i do get pulled to the side but i dont mind.As long as u know u r clear n right and every one else to make sure ,let them.I never had any problems so far coming back...

i have no doubt they screen the passengers because all other passenger's life is at stake.

but when it comes to thinking about talibans, the first thought that comes to mind is muslims, the first country to think of is afghanistan, and then pakistan.

if i was an immigration officer i would do the same.i wiould interrogate pakistanis and afghanistani and people from other muslim worlds because the attackers and hijackers are most likely be from these countries.and the terrorist names are most likely be omar, usama, abdullah, muslim which are most popular in pakistan and afghanistan.

i strongly agree they do not do it on purpose or to bug the paasengers but as a part of their duty.

but its also true pakistanis have to face discrimination and Up to 45,000 of the estimated 100,000-strong Pakistani community in New York were deported or left voluntarily following the attacks, according to reports.

and what are you supposed to do if intelligence gives you information that the next flight has a terrorist hiding in it.obviously people of arab or pakistani or afghanistani origin are most likely to be subject to elaborated screening.

but i wont like to be pulled aside from the rest of the passengers for secondary security checks its just annoying, time waisting and i hate it for several other reasons.

Let me tell you something about your link.... This is not a correct information and reasonable site..anybody can edit or remove information check out the date end of the link telling last update on the page ..Ok Hope u can see it.

I am young male and from same country as u are... I dont not belive or go far sad stories, because I already saw with my own eyes. They are just scanning and making sure... Ofcourse they gona scann more and investigate people coming from Pak or Afg.... I am sure you know..where is the prob right now... All they doing/making sure boder are safe... I dont expect they will treat us/should diff then other.. Again I have seen many people pulled aside from diffirent part of the world...All of them were no Muslim.... I support and follow the law/requirment..Thats it my friend..

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Well, he made it in safely on August 18th Alhamdulillah. He says POE at JFK was a disaster for him. They kept him for 5 hours and were very rude to him. They asked him very horrible and personal questions too and he was very offended. He almost missed the shuttle to La Guardia. At any rate he is here by the Grace of Almighty Allah. How are all of you doing?

Edited by ♥ Sweethearts ♥

:-) Hip hip hooray! Alhamdulillah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Visa printed!!!!!!!!!! 08-06-09 after 4 tiring months of AP! Thanks Allah-you are the greatest!

Exactly 4 months after the interview! Amazing! :-)

08/11/09 Passport/Visa in hand! Alhamdulillah! Allah is magnificent!

08/18/2009-Home with the family! :-) Masha'Allah!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

oh woww Congratulations Sweethearts... too bad he didn't have a good experience at JFK but guess what it's all over.. he is with you now.. congratulations (F)

Marriage January 23, 2005

USCIS

August 14, 2006- I-130 Sent

September 22, 2008- NOA 1 Received

September 17, 2008- Became a USC

September 18, 2008- Upgraded I-130

March 20, 2009 - NOA2 (email)

March 25, 2009- NOA2 (hardcopy Received)

NVC

April 3, 2009 - Case Number Assigned

June 5, 2009 CASE COMPLETED AT NVC

June 9, 2009 Interview Date Assigned

July 16, 2009 Interview AP

August 24, 2009 DOS Operator said "VISA HAS BEEN ISSUED TODAY" Alhamdulillah

August 26, 2009 call from embassy to PICK UP THE PASSPORT :-)

August 27, 2009 Picked up the passport... woohooo!!!

September 9, 2009 US Entry InshaAllah

October 13, 2009 SSN and green card in mail DONE WITH USCIS until husband applies for his citizenship!!

The journey of 4 years, 8 months, and 3 weeks has ended!!!

.png

Timeline

Let me tell you something about your link.... This is not a correct information and reasonable site..anybody can edit or remove information check out the date end of the link telling last update on the page ..Ok Hope u can see it.

I am young male and from same country as u are... I dont not belive or go far sad stories, because I already saw with my own eyes. They are just scanning and making sure... Ofcourse they gona scann more and investigate people coming from Pak or Afg.... I am sure you know..where is the prob right now... All they doing/making sure boder are safe... I dont expect they will treat us/should diff then other.. Again I have seen many people pulled aside from diffirent part of the world...All of them were no Muslim.... I support and follow the law/requirment..Thats it my friend..

this is al-jazeera.and everything on wikipediaorg can remain there only if its provided with a reference otherwise it could be edited by organizers or deleted.

Timeline
Well, he made it in safely on August 18th Alhamdulillah. He says POE at JFK was a disaster for him. They kept him for 5 hours and were very rude to him. They asked him very horrible and personal questions too and he was very offended. He almost missed the shuttle to La Guardia. At any rate he is here by the Grace of Almighty Allah. How are all of you doing?

IT--1 that explains a lot i think

my sympathies are with you hubby.

they are just like that.

IT--1 that explains a lot i think

my sympathies are with you hubby.

they are just like that.

Not at all... Thats their Job...I have no prob at all... But I if they ask or treat some bad way...something call Law, which allow you ur rights.. You can take action.. anything else...?

this is al-jazeera.and everything on wikipediaorg can remain there only if its provided with a reference otherwise it could be edited by organizers or deleted.

Thats why you dont belive these Micky Mouse sites.. Show me something reasonable... Ofcouse ref can be ur own made oe edit..if this is the standerd of belive..what can i say...

Timeline

Does any one know how Islamabad embassy is 'behaving' these days? I've logged into VJ after a long long time. My mother-in-law is dcheduled for her IR-5 interview pretty soon. Also, does anyone know what kind of questions they might ask for this category?

I-130 TIMELINE

12-5-04 Got married in Lahore, Pakistan

1-24-05 I-130 sent

1-31-05 NOA1 received in mail

3-22-05 Approved online

3-26-05 NOA2 received in mail

CASE APPROVED IN 55 DAYS

3-28-05 Case received at NVC

4-05-05 Case number assigned

4-11-05 AOS fee bill/ DS-3032 generated

4-14-05 Self-generated AOS/ DS-3032 sent

4-18-05 DS-3032 in system

4-25-05 IV fee bill generated

5-04-05 AOS fee in system (13 business days)

5-06-05 IV fee bill received (Finally!!!) and express mailed

5-09-05 I-864 generated

5-10-05 Self-generated I-864 packet sent

5-13-05 I-864 in system

5-23-05 I-864 review complete

5-23-05 IV fee in system (11 business days)

5-25-05 Self-generated DS-230 sent (Before Generation)

5-27-05 DS-230 in system

5-31-05 DS-230 generated

6-07-05 Case complete

6-21-05 Case forwarded to Islamabad

6-25-05 Letter received from NVC

CASE COMPLETED IN 63 DAYS

6-27-05 Case received at the embassy

6-28-05 Packet 3.5 sent out by the embassy

7-01-05 Packet 3.5 received

7-04-05 Packet 3.5 submitted

7-05-05 Embassy receives packet 3.5

7-21-05 Interview scheduled for 10-13-05

7-25-05 Embassy re-schedules interview for 8-10-05

8-10-05 Visa issued!!!

JOURNEY COMPLETED IN 201 DAYS

K-3 NOA1 date: 2-4-05 [RFE: 7-20-05]

Timeline

5 hrs at jfk with the rest of the europeans. takes them that long to figure it out, after all the back ground checks and so on, one consulate official one person @ the airport can stop just like that. wow. ned way he made it and it makes you not wnt to go back until he is full fledged citizen.

DEC 2004 Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.