MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Fly through Ohare, jeez after the bad time JFK and Newark gives out. Look at Sharukh Khan. detained 2 hrs. dang near miised the convention. Our Pakistan Zindabad Parade went on on Chicago despite the big rain!!!! RamadaN Mubarek!!

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I posted some pictures from our home in Islamabad , etc of gori wife (me)on the VisaJourney gallery for overseas. enjoy

Cindishah

DEC 2004 Approved

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Filed: Timeline
oh woww that's good to hear.. NICOP is the best thing that you can have with US passport..visa free entry for 10 years whenver you want it!!!

Guys,

NICOP U need to be a Pakistani Citizen, But POC card you can get if you married to a Pakistani..Please view below information...

NICOP is an official identification document for Pakistani Citizens working / living abroad. NICOP can be produced for personal identification in place of Computerized NIC (CNIC) within Pakistan and abroad. The card is supposed to be produced at domestic or international entry or exit terminals.

The NADRA Ordinance envisages issuance of NICOP to Pakistani workers, emigrants, citizens, or Pakistanis holding dual nationality, having been registered under the NADRA Ordinance. NICOP is an identification document to be used as a substitute for the NIC as and when requested.

As per this ordinance, NADRA has been entrusted with the task of registering the overseas Pakistanis. NICOP, in addition to providing the authenticity of the individual, has additional features at the same time, as the person possessing the NICOP is entitled to visa-free entry into Pakistan.

Pakistan has dual citizenship agreements with the following countries which allow citizens to hold nationalities of both countries, i.e. Pakistani as well as foreign nationalities at the same time.

Australia

Belgium

Canada

Egypt

France

Iceland

Ireland

Italy

Jordan

New Zealand

Sweden

Switzerland

Syria

The Netherlands (Holland)

United Kingdom

United States

Who can apply for NICOP

Citizens holding nationalities of above countries along with Pakistani Nationality are issued a NICOP as an Identification Document

Pakistani citizens staying abroad, having passport or old NIC

Citizens of dual national countries holding Pakistani NIC/Passport even if they are using foreign passport for traveling.

Siblings and dependents of the above

for mail delivery)

Edited by IT_1

Fly through Ohare, jeez after the bad time JFK and Newark gives out. Look at Sharukh Khan. detained 2 hrs. dang near miised the convention. Our Pakistan Zindabad Parade went on on Chicago despite the big rain!!!! RamadaN Mubarek!!

Hello Guys,

Ist not directly to any one, thats my personal thought.... WHy Sharukh cant be stop at airport for investigation??? I dont think they going/should treat him like a King. IF he going to be late from his show uld be leaving early like we do...

I just didnt get it, If some famous..every were talk about it...How many people stops for many hours.. Including me..Anywhere we talked??

Thanks

Timeline

Ok as you like, so you as a Pakistani male or south asian with muslim name, dont mind being pulled aside for 2 hours, in a room, missing connecting flight. and having to pay for another flight out at a later time?? while all others get to go easily through. especially if you travel the world freely and around america freely?? whatever floats your boat. the issue was not what they did to him, its more like what theydo to us brother hot head. Wa Salaams

DEC 2004 Approved

Ok as you like, so you as a Pakistani male or south asian with muslim name, dont mind being pulled aside for 2 hours, in a room, missing connecting flight. and having to pay for another flight out at a later time?? while all others get to go easily through. especially if you travel the world freely and around america freely?? whatever floats your boat. the issue was not what they did to him, its more like what theydo to us brother hot head. Wa Salaams

Respect to everything...but I disagree...

Let me make a correction for you.... IF YOU MISS THE FLIGHT...YOU DONT DONT DONT PAY.....THEY WILL GET YOU NEW FLIGHT...THIS IS MY PERSONAL EXPE.. I dont know where you see other going easly.. I have seen everybody treated in same way..I took my shoes so they ask other to do same... I stoped few time and i saw euorpen too...So where u see not treated same??? This is our neg thought accept it eat it and belive it...

Edited by IT_1

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Let me make a correction for you.... IF YOU MISS THE FLIGHT...YOU DONT DONT DONT PAY.....THEY WILL GET YOU NEW FLIGHT...THIS IS MY PERSONAL EXPE.. I dont know where you see other going easly.. I have seen everybody treated in same way..I took my shoes so they ask other to do same... I stoped few time and i saw euorpen too...So where u see not treated same??? This is our neg thought accept it eat it and belive it...

i don't agree.

one of my uncle had to stay there and got interrogated for 6 hours.missed his flight.

another uncle was forced to sit without interrogation for 9 hours.

another uncle was put on FBI investigation list for no reason when he came back from pakistan.

some people might go through tough times depending on names, looks, appearance etc.

but not all.

Edited by transformer

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
oh woww that's good to hear.. NICOP is the best thing that you can have with US passport..visa free entry for 10 years whenver you want it!!!

Guys,

NICOP U need to be a Pakistani Citizen, But POC card you can get if you married to a Pakistani..Please view below information...

Yeah but the Pakistani embassy I spoke with here in Chicago said NADRA doesn't issue POC cards anymore, just NICOP. Anyways, as I get to Pakistan were going to the NADRA office to see what we can get, it seems like the rules/guidelines are a bit hazy...

USCIS STAGE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-12-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-04-23

NOA2 Hard Copy: 2009-04-27

NVC STAGE

NVC Received : 2009-5-5

Case # Assigned: 2009-5-6

Received DS-230 / I-864 Bill : e-mail received 2009-5-20

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-6-2

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-10

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2009-5-20

Pay IV Bill : 2009-6-2

RFE: 2009-7-22

Returned Missing Docs: 2009-7-27

NVC Resumes Processing: 2009-7-30

Case Completed at NVC :2009-8-7

Embassy Stage

Flight to Pakistan: 2009-9-30

Medical: 2009-10-05

Interview: 2009-10-20

AP Start: 2009-10-20

Back to States alone :'( 2010-2-17

AP Done: 2010-2-23

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

i don't agree.

one of my uncle had to stay there and got interrogated for 6 hours.missed his flight.

another uncle was put on FBI investigation list for no reason when he came back from pakistan.

some people might go through tough times depending on names, looks, appearance etc.

but not all.

OK agree they stop ur uncles..

Now did you ask your uncle if there were other people to from diffirent part of the world????

So you think to investigating is wrong ?

As i mentioned i stoped a miss my flight, but they arrange next for us (Means my family was with me), did this bother me..ofcourse not at all..

They doing their job and I am happy..they need to screen ..I have no problem

When I came from Pakistan, they stop me and asked me few question and I waited fo them.. After some time they said you ok to go...This bother me?... Ofcouse NOT at all..

This is part of their job and I am happy and understand...

Edited by IT_1

Timeline

i don't agree.

but not all.

Now did you ask your uncle if there were other people to from diffirent part of the world????

As i mentioned i stoped a miss my flight, but they arrange next for us (Means my family was with me), did this bother me..ofcourse not at all..

When I came from Pakistan, they stop me and asked me few question and I waited fo them.. After some time they said you ok to go...This bother me?... Ofcouse NOT at all..

they didnt bother you it doesnt mean they dont bother anyone.

why are you defending them all out.

you can even start a pole.

and only pakistanis allowed to vote.

i don't agree.

but not all.

why u have pob with rules or law?? Ofcourse i follow the law and respect..thats why I dont have prob with their job...

Why do i need to have a pole?? I am the not one who has prob...

Edited by IT_1

Timeline

i don't agree.

but not all.

why u have pob with rules or law?? Ofcourse i follow the law and respect..thats why I dont have prob with their job...

Why do i need to have a pole?? I am the not one who has prob...

rules and laws are imposed on everyone but JFK has some special rules for pakistanis

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I'm not from pakistan, but I can tell you they don't do special procedures at JFK just for pakistanis... I think it is just people who travel to and from Pakistan. My mom was interrogated for 2 hours and this was 9 years ago. When my uncle's wife came from Pakistan she was interrogated as well. When my uncle went to pakistan for a visit and came back, he was interrogated as well. However, when he went to Afghanistan and came back, he went by like flying colors.

ticker.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Personaly I dont belive/saw Law only for Pakistani, but all they doing is screening to make sure they are going to permit a right person. This their Job and we should respect. ... As i said before, I saw they stoping people from all over the world for checking/investigation.

Strongly agree with IT-1....of course u dont want to be in a flight that is gonna get hijacked/blown up by these retarded ppl.So u do want to make sure that every one u are boarding with is just common people with respect for others irrespective of their beliefs.Ever since i cg hanged my last name to my married name,I go thru secondary checkinwith checking in,bcoz i unfortunately share my name with a suspected Al-Qaida financer.So it just takes a couple of minutes more and yes i do get pulled to the side but i dont mind.As long as u know u r clear n right and every one else to make sure ,let them.I never had any problems so far coming back...

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.