MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

No one can wait yaar. I don't think lawyers do any good. I have done all the paper work myself so far and no problems. Immigrations don't just happen over the night If it was so easy everyone family would be in U.S. that is one of the reason they try to slow things on people. I have always run faster than time on documents for my baby, but she slowed me down at the passport stage. I kep telling her to go make ur passport, BUT. Anyway it's not her fault people kept telling her it will take long time before she need to make passport and she believed them. Not upset Allah is helping us. Well I coulc not be much happier in life when I made her mine. 3 years of eye candying in school. 8 years of thinking she is married cause her friend told me she is. And recently when I could not get her off my mind I looked into her life and here she was still waiting. I send Rishta to her house and they rejected more than million times because she is Pretty Punjaban and I am Pathan. If it wasn't for her I think I would have given up. Gash all 13 years in one post. lolz. I just hope that everyone will be completed one day (InshAllah) and then life will be much more juicy and filled with honey love. winx.

LoveU.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Packet 3 Cover Letter

American Embassy

Diplomatic Enclave, Ramna 5

Islamabad, Pakistan

02/12/2009

Nature of the submission: PACKET 3 DOCUMENTS

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed please find my Form I-129F, Petition for K-1 Fiancé Visa for PRETTY LADY, and supporting documents.

Contents include:

- DS-156 2 FORMS filled up at http://travel.state.gov/

- DS-157

- DS-230 part 1 only as was instructed to fill.

- DS-156K

- DS-157 for (Petitioner)

- I-134 (notarized)

- APPLICANT PARENTS FORM

- 2008 1040 TAX FORMS (Petitioner)

- EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION LETTER (Petitioner)

- 2009 PAY CHECK STUBS (Petitioner)

- BIRTH CERTIFICATE (Original and a copy)

- 2 PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOS

- POLICE CERTIFICATE

- PASSPORT (Original and 2 front copies)

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.

[sIGNATURE]

LoveU.jpg

Timeline

Salam all,

Thank you for posting all the info. We are getting ready to post our packet 3 and this form was a big help.

Thanks,

Shan.

Edited by Shan Sohail

we - March,26 2008

Got engaged - July, 18 2008

Sent application (VT)- August, 22 2008

Package received- August, 25 2008

Check cleared - August, 28 2008

Recieved NOA1 - August, 30 2008

Nov-15 traveled to Pakistan to spend time with Irum

Jan-4 arrived back in USA after spend 7 weeks with Irum.

Jan-25 got approved notice online.

Jan-28 received NOA2 in mail.

Jan-29 NVC received

Jan-29 NVC Sent (wow that was quick)

Feb-04 Letter recieved from NVC.

Feb-05 State department confirmed over the phone that the packet 3 has been posted.

Feb-06 recieved packet 3 by mail today.

Feb-27 Packet 3 sent back to Islamabad embassy.

Mar-9 Recieved the interview date letter.

Mar-30 Interviewed and got the Visa (waiting on the passport)

April-2 Got the physical passport

April-16 Entered USA

Timeline
Packet 3 Cover Letter

- DS-157

- DS-156K

- I-134 (notarized)

- APPLICANT PARENTS FORM

- 2 PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOS

- POLICE CERTIFICATE

DS-157 for Petitioner???????

No western has ever come close to this one....and no western ever will.

once-upon-a-time-in-the-west2.jpg

ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
No one can wait yaar. I don't think lawyers do any good. I have done all the paper work myself so far and no problems. Immigrations don't just happen over the night If it was so easy everyone family would be in U.S. that is one of the reason they try to slow things on people. I have always run faster than time on documents for my baby, but she slowed me down at the passport stage. I kep telling her to go make ur passport, BUT. Anyway it's not her fault people kept telling her it will take long time before she need to make passport and she believed them. Not upset Allah is helping us. Well I coulc not be much happier in life when I made her mine. 3 years of eye candying in school. 8 years of thinking she is married cause her friend told me she is. And recently when I could not get her off my mind I looked into her life and here she was still waiting. I send Rishta to her house and they rejected more than million times because she is Pretty Punjaban and I am Pathan. If it wasn't for her I think I would have given up. Gash all 13 years in one post. lolz. I just hope that everyone will be completed one day (InshAllah) and then life will be much more juicy and filled with honey love. winx.

ahh what a luv story LOL... i'A in few mons u both will b 2gether 4ever.. wait is about to end soon=) hang in there!

our prayers r w/u=))

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Filed: Timeline

ahh what a luv story LOL... i'A in few mons u both will b 2gether 4ever.. wait is about to end soon=) hang in there!

our prayers r w/u=))

What is this DS-157 for the petitioner?

when u both gettin married?

In May. Me nd her r going thru some problems(Long distance relationship & family problems etc) rite now. We will sort it out & every thing will b back to normal once she gets here. But we do fight alot on phone lolz :help: I donnu what will happen once we get married :lol::bonk:

I am from garden area in Karachi....You??

sorry off the topic=)

hey have u heard that song by brandy "long distance" do listen 2 it!

----

may Allah presever ur relationship ... i'A all will get better .. i think this finace visa journey is not easy cuz u r not married and our culture is so that not only the couple is involved but the entire family inteference is expected! i'A all will get better... and mohabat will win:P:P

duas 4 you both n u better do likewise bro i need a tonsssssssssssss:P

My wife asked that question outside of this thread just in case she did not get a timely response. Anyway, the question is they are requesting everything upfront that others said we did not need until the interview. So, they need everything right now? Even I-134 and all supporting evidence including photos?

Koi baat nahi...Yes u r required to send I-134 & all the supporting documents like Bank letter, Employment verification letter, paystubs & last three years tax returns to Embassy. As for pics, what we did was we sent some like 2 or 3 pics to Embassy and she took the rest(the whole engagement album) with her to interview.

We did same! though not required to send the pics and on goin relationship proof pre interview but we did anyways... and he took more w/him

Can a disabled person drawing disibility co-sponsor? They have a house worth $189,000 and their spouse makes over 125% over the poverty level but the spouse will not co-sponsor. Can she do it if they file taxes jointly?

Can someone post a packet 3 cover letter for the K3 visa too please? Do we have to send our original passport to them in packet 3???????

Edited by *Samir + Mahitab*

Hello everyone! I hope you are all well. I have a few questions in hopes not to repeat what my other half has requested previously. :hehe: So, here goes:

1. When should my husband go to get his medical exam?

2. Will the K3 application expire after the date marked on the NOA2 expires if he does not get his interview by that time?

3. Should I go with him to his interview or is it only a waste of my time?

4. What kinds of evidence is substantial for the embassy and what do they generally look for as a red flag?

5. Must he send his actual passport to the embassy with this instruction packet?

Thank you in advance.

~Mahitab~

Timeline
1. When should my husband go to get his medical exam?

Two weeks b4 the interview.

2. Will the K3 application expire after the date marked on the NOA2 expires if he does not get his interview by that time?

Dont worry about this. Embassy will extend your file/application.

3. Should I go with him to his interview or is it only a waste of my time?

All the male applicants go thru AP so this is your own personal choice.

4. What kinds of evidence is substantial for the embassy and what do they generally look for as a red flag?

Bring whateva u can....The more the better IMO.

. Must he send his actual passport to the embassy with this instruction packet?

No. Just a copy.

Timeline

When we will get the passport? :crying: I do not like this sh|t one bit. First they make us wait for packet 3 & interview and now when our case is approved, they are making us wait again. This whole process is ridiculous. I am sorry for all the ppl on AP & all but I dunno I am just sick & tired of waiting. :whistle: What drives me nuts is that they dont reply to my emails nemore & calling them is da big waste of time. :angry:

Edited by FaisalShirin4eva

Timeline
When we will get the passport? :crying: I do not like this sh|t one bit. First they make us wait for packet 3 & interview and now when our case is approved, they are making us wait again. This whole process is ridiculous. I am sorry for all the ppl on AP & all but I dunno I am just sick & tired of waiting. :whistle: What drives me nuts is that they dont reply to my emails nemore & calling them is da big waste of time. :angry:

man, u shuld b thankful n glad that u guys will have the visa in hand in matter of weeks and at leastu know that ...there r ppl like me waiting for NO REASON/fault for over a yr! n dunno how much longer v will b waiting... now now dun b like that=)

lucks,

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

FaisalShirin4eva

I agree with Revived that you need some patience. It is very hard to be in AP and worry about what is wrong with your case? My husband was in it for 5 months and it was heartbreaking to say the least. Three weeks is nothing.

Revived

Ash

Browneyedgirl

Dr. N

All of these people are waiting a long time. DR. N is married and going on two years with his WIFE in AP.

Count your blessings.

Edited by MaryandMian

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

hey faisal/b4byd

Q regarding police certificate

is it true that now u have to send the beneficiary police cert w/I129f ?

cuz i remember v werre instructed to get it on packet 3 /3.5 n had to show them the letter to obtain it.

plz advise,

Timeline
Packet 3 Cover Letter

- DS-157

- DS-156K

- I-134 (notarized)

- APPLICANT PARENTS FORM

- 2 PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOS

- POLICE CERTIFICATE

DS-157 for Petitioner???????

Yes, that is what they said on packet 3. DS-157 madr hazrat ke liye. Any doubt that I am MARD. haha

LoveU.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.