MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sibtain,

I will say InshAllah to your talks=)

You both should/and i'A will hear something soon from ISL.

loads of lucks to you both,

duas n sallam,

:thumbs:

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I can relate with Sibtain's increasing anxiety because I am going through the same. It is very natural because one tends to get used to the undefined waiting time also called AP as the time progresses but once there is a hope that something is on the way then one becomes very anxious and each day of waiting is difficult to spend - so still waiting as my passport and docs are with the ISL embassy now.

However Sibtain bhai, a small confusion, I think as you mentioned that we are on the same boat, our situations might be almost same, but there are some differences. I think they kept your passport, while mine was returned to me on my interview on 20th May 2008, and they have recently asked for it.

So lets hope and pray - would request all of you to keep praying.

Thanks a lot all,

Cheers

Syed....

Sibtain,

duas n sallam,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I can relate with Sibtain's increasing anxiety because I am going through the same. It is very natural because one tends to get used to the undefined waiting time also called AP as the time progresses but once there is a hope that something is on the way then one becomes very anxious and each day of waiting is difficult to spend - so still waiting as my passport and docs are with the ISL embassy now.

However Sibtain bhai, a small confusion, I think as you mentioned that we are on the same boat, our situations might be almost same, but there are some differences. I think they kept your passport, while mine was returned to me on my interview on 20th May 2008, and they have recently asked for it.

Thanks a lot all,

Cheers

Syed....

Hi sibtain

I agree with Syed, there are some differences. Since the embassy already has your passport you will not know if your time is near because they will not ask for your passport. I would suggest that you call DOS some more until you have some confirmation that they are moving on your case. Sometimes DOS will say things that only give you the impression that the embassy is doing something. It is true that you must inquire with the embassy, but we all know that they do not give much information back until they are ready to move on your case. I hope and pray you get some kind of confirmation soon my friend. Inshallah. (F)

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/12/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS Lockbox in AZ Filing Date
04/13/2016 N-400 Delivered to USCIS
04/18/2016 Check Cashed
04/13/2016 NOA I-797C Receipt Notice Date
05/12/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
05/16/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
07/16/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
08/16/2016 Date of Interview
09/01/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Chicago, IL

Timeline

Thanks a lot all,

Cheers

Syed....

Sibtain,

duas n sallam,

Some CO officers keep the passport others don't.

However each case is unique.

Syed, I think you will receive your passport back w/visa stamed w/in 2-3 weeks i'A.

Good lucks,

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Any pakistani who knows someone who studied from University of Engineering & Technology Lahore or Taxila.

I need information regarding transfer of credits.

would it be better to get degree from pakistan (since i have only 2 and a half semesters left before i get my degree)

or move to the usa and complete rest of the education there(not all my credit hours will transfer and i might have to take TOEFL or some other tests and i might have to study longer than i have to in study pakistan to meet the degree requirements).

i have intentions to study further.MSc and then phd perhaps.

what would an engineer who got his/her degree in bsc from UET lahore or taxila and then moved to usa to get his/her msc degree?

what would a guy who studied in UET and then completed his/her degree over there in usa.(did it took longer to get the degree in usa?)

i need suggestions.

thanks

you must know which univ u want to attend, they will evalute your transcript and will provide you w/the classes you will be required to take for your desired degree.

now do not forget, your undergrad education in pak is not equivlanet to US undergrad degree. So you cannot assume that since you have a bachelors from pak you also have a bachelors degree here.

I am not an engineer nor i went to any school out-side US thus my knowledge is limited. plus, i m not an engineer but what i do know is you also have another option...there are licenses for engineers for which you have to take enigneering board exams.

with this i must remind you getting higher education in US is not cheap=) you or your spouse might have to work while you go back to school.

Good lucks,

your limited knowledge is very truthful

i know higher education in america is not cheap and i am not married.

but i have talked to other poeple who were unfortunately not in engineering institutions in pakistan when they left

they said their common courses were easily transfered.anyways thanks a lot.

can you please explain me something i want to know

its that as you know in case of immigrant visas its only valid for 6 months and one has to go to the usa within 6 months from the date of getting the visa.

if one wants to go back to the native country from america one cant stay for more than 6 months one has to come back to america.

but i have heard on special ground one can be allowed to leave usa for about 2 years.

this is allowed in special cases like in my case i need about one year and 2 months to complete my degree so i can apply for that thing.can you explain to me what that leave is called.official and specific name.

and can anyone please help me explain that

thanks again

Indeed your credits will be transferred, as i said the school will evaluate your transcript and accept some credits. again i must recommend that you look into engineering licensure board req, many times these agencies accept foreign students and recongized foregin degrees, they have their own agencies doing degree evaluation.

I know my brother -in-law who had PR status went to Pakistan for medicine schooling. Why not visit US every year during summer or something?

anyhow if you want to be away for 2yrs you have to apply for reentry permit. see below

-------------

Reentry Permit

Lawful permanent residents or conditional permanent residents who wish to remain outside the United States for more than one year, but less than two, require a reentry permit. A reentry permit is not required for a trip that is shorter than one year. (You should note that an absence of more than one year will break the period of continuous residence required to become a citizen, even if a reentry permit is issued.) A Reentry Permit is also issued to Lawful Permanent Residents who want to travel outside the United States, but cannot get a national passport from their country of nationality. A reentry permit is valid for two years.

yes i would definitely like to do it

actually there is only one year left till i get my degree

i will visit usa during this summer in july and would come back to paksitan in september and continue my education.and till july 2010 i would have completed my degree.and the limit of one year wouldnt have expired.so its gonna be easy for me but i saw something on link

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

there is a line there

Remain outside of the US for more than one year without obtaining a reentry permit or returning resident visa. However in determining whether your status has been abandoned any length of absence from the US may be considered, even if it is less than one year.

but i have no intentions to stay permanently in pakistan.i want to come back just to complete my study

it definitely says that we can return anytime but within one year

so its gona be really easy for me

i will go back to pakistan say in the first week of september 2009 then i have a time span of one year that is till september 2010.

my degree would be completed by july or june.

i will inquire from brother in law and let you know shortly. I think he didn't apply for re-entry and came back to US w/in a yr. throughout his schooling... but i must confirm

yes sure

please ask him

i think i dont have to apply for re-entry permit since i will enter us for the first time this july and i will come back in the start of september to attend my 7th semester my 8th semester is going to end in july or june 2010 which is within one year limit from september 2009.

did you ask your relative??

what he/she did?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Any pakistani who knows someone who studied from University of Engineering & Technology Lahore or Taxila.

I need information regarding transfer of credits.

would it be better to get degree from pakistan (since i have only 2 and a half semesters left before i get my degree)

or move to the usa and complete rest of the education there(not all my credit hours will transfer and i might have to take TOEFL or some other tests and i might have to study longer than i have to in study pakistan to meet the degree requirements).

i have intentions to study further.MSc and then phd perhaps.

what would an engineer who got his/her degree in bsc from UET lahore or taxila and then moved to usa to get his/her msc degree?

what would a guy who studied in UET and then completed his/her degree over there in usa.(did it took longer to get the degree in usa?)

i need suggestions.

thanks

you must know which univ u want to attend, they will evalute your transcript and will provide you w/the classes you will be required to take for your desired degree.

now do not forget, your undergrad education in pak is not equivlanet to US undergrad degree. So you cannot assume that since you have a bachelors from pak you also have a bachelors degree here.

I am not an engineer nor i went to any school out-side US thus my knowledge is limited. plus, i m not an engineer but what i do know is you also have another option...there are licenses for engineers for which you have to take enigneering board exams.

with this i must remind you getting higher education in US is not cheap=) you or your spouse might have to work while you go back to school.

Good lucks,

your limited knowledge is very truthful

i know higher education in america is not cheap and i am not married.

but i have talked to other poeple who were unfortunately not in engineering institutions in pakistan when they left

they said their common courses were easily transfered.anyways thanks a lot.

can you please explain me something i want to know

its that as you know in case of immigrant visas its only valid for 6 months and one has to go to the usa within 6 months from the date of getting the visa.

if one wants to go back to the native country from america one cant stay for more than 6 months one has to come back to america.

but i have heard on special ground one can be allowed to leave usa for about 2 years.

this is allowed in special cases like in my case i need about one year and 2 months to complete my degree so i can apply for that thing.can you explain to me what that leave is called.official and specific name.

and can anyone please help me explain that

thanks again

Indeed your credits will be transferred, as i said the school will evaluate your transcript and accept some credits. again i must recommend that you look into engineering licensure board req, many times these agencies accept foreign students and recongized foregin degrees, they have their own agencies doing degree evaluation.

I know my brother -in-law who had PR status went to Pakistan for medicine schooling. Why not visit US every year during summer or something?

anyhow if you want to be away for 2yrs you have to apply for reentry permit. see below

-------------

Reentry Permit

Lawful permanent residents or conditional permanent residents who wish to remain outside the United States for more than one year, but less than two, require a reentry permit. A reentry permit is not required for a trip that is shorter than one year. (You should note that an absence of more than one year will break the period of continuous residence required to become a citizen, even if a reentry permit is issued.) A Reentry Permit is also issued to Lawful Permanent Residents who want to travel outside the United States, but cannot get a national passport from their country of nationality. A reentry permit is valid for two years.

yes i would definitely like to do it

actually there is only one year left till i get my degree

i will visit usa during this summer in july and would come back to paksitan in september and continue my education.and till july 2010 i would have completed my degree.and the limit of one year wouldnt have expired.so its gonna be easy for me but i saw something on link

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

there is a line there

Remain outside of the US for more than one year without obtaining a reentry permit or returning resident visa. However in determining whether your status has been abandoned any length of absence from the US may be considered, even if it is less than one year.

but i have no intentions to stay permanently in pakistan.i want to come back just to complete my study

it definitely says that we can return anytime but within one year

so its gona be really easy for me

i will go back to pakistan say in the first week of september 2009 then i have a time span of one year that is till september 2010.

my degree would be completed by july or june.

i will inquire from brother in law and let you know shortly. I think he didn't apply for re-entry and came back to US w/in a yr. throughout his schooling... but i must confirm

yes sure

please ask him

i think i dont have to apply for re-entry permit since i will enter us for the first time this july and i will come back in the start of september to attend my 7th semester my 8th semester is going to end in july or june 2010 which is within one year limit from september 2009.

did you ask your relative??

what he/she did?

Oh I just want to thank you all for your support! I did not remember if I told you but I got my visa. I will be in USA in July have a few things to settle over here. Oh and guess what the wife is pregnant! :thumbs:

Zain

"We're pregnant!"

......... , . - . - , _ , .........

......... ) ` - . .> ' `( .......

........ / . . . .`\ . . \ ........

........ |. . . . . |. . .| ........

......... \ . . . ./ . ./ ..........

........... `=(\ /.=` ..........

............. `-;`.-' .............

............... `)| ... , .........

................ || _.-'| .........

............. ,_|| \_,/ ..........

....... , ..... \|| .' .............

....... |\ |\ ,. ||/ ..............

.... ,..\` | /|.,|Y\, ............

..... '-...'-._..\||/ .............

......... >_.-`Y| ...............

.............. ,_|| ................

................ \|| ...............

................. || ...............

................. ||...............

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Oh one more thing good luck to all of the ones still waiting! Allah will take care of us all!

Zain

"We're pregnant!"

......... , . - . - , _ , .........

......... ) ` - . .> ' `( .......

........ / . . . .`\ . . \ ........

........ |. . . . . |. . .| ........

......... \ . . . ./ . ./ ..........

........... `=(\ /.=` ..........

............. `-;`.-' .............

............... `)| ... , .........

................ || _.-'| .........

............. ,_|| \_,/ ..........

....... , ..... \|| .' .............

....... |\ |\ ,. ||/ ..............

.... ,..\` | /|.,|Y\, ............

..... '-...'-._..\||/ .............

......... >_.-`Y| ...............

.............. ,_|| ................

................ \|| ...............

................. ||...............

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey guys, Assalamualaikum

I just had my case completed at nvc. Does anyone know that after how long is an interview scheduled?

Jazakallah.

To each is a goal to which God turns him; then strive together (as in a race) Towards all that is good.

Wheresoever ye are, God will bring you Together. For God Hath power over all things.

(Quran, Chapter 2: verse 148)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hey guys, Assalamualaikum

I just had my case completed at nvc. Does anyone know that after how long is an interview scheduled?

Jazakallah.

you should be getting your packet 3 from the embassy in the next few weeks. they wont schedule your interview until after you return packet 3. every case is different but you should check out the immigration timelines section on VJ. My fiancee got her packet 3 about 2 weeks after NVC approval. We had everything filled out already and sent it back with a few days. Interview was scheduled for about a month and half after that. good luck.

Timeline

Wahoooooooooooooooo..... VISA IN HAND ! !

Finally after 17 months we have our VISA.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/18/2016 Check Cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Wahoooooooooooooooo..... VISA IN HAND ! !

Finally after 17 months we have our VISA.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

peace

~kris

Congrats...this process must have been so hard. when does Waheed plan on flying out? :thumbs:

Timeline

:star: Al-hamdulillah :star: Thank you everyone :star:

We are soooooo excited. Waheed is getting his plane ticket so we are not sure yet what day he will be leaving Pakistan. This has been a long road on AP and we both are so thankful for everyone on this forum that helped pull us through this process. :thumbs: I hope and pray for all of you to get your visa's very soon. Inshallah.

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/18/2016 Check Cashed

Timeline

All right Kris.......................... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M so happy for you both!!!

Be Safe,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.