MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Though he might not be asked for any other proofs but I must recommend that he takes along

-phone bills ; phone cards are not accepted. if he calls from cell his cell # must appear on your bill, send him your bills

-emails

it is better to take as many secondary proofs as possible though pics and marriage cert are primary.

good lucks

Hi,

Here is my two cents again. It is not true that they do not accept phone cards. I brought an entire bag of phone cards with me to my husbands interview, and along with the phone bills could show the access number on my bills hundreds of times. The access numbers alone did not prove anything. His cell phone number never appeared on my bill, it was the different access numbers from his cards from Pak. They looked at every single thing we brought.

As far as proof and length of time, etc. I would bring everything that proves your relationship. Also be prepared for any questions. They asked my husband things like: Did you consummate the marriage?, Who is your wife's favorite singing group? What is the name of the chat room you met on?

We were one of the first ones there in the morning, and he was the very last to be interviewed that day. They were suspicious of our relationship and drilled him with questions for over 30 minutes. I hope you have a much easier time :yes:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi,

Here is my two cents again. It is not true that they do not accept phone cards. I brought an entire bag of phone cards with me to my husbands interview, and along with the phone bills could show the access number on my bills hundreds of times. The access numbers alone did not prove anything. His cell phone number never appeared on my bill, it was the different access numbers from his cards from Pak. They looked at every single thing we brought.

As far as proof and length of time, etc. I would bring everything that proves your relationship. Also be prepared for any questions. They asked my husband things like: Did you consummate the marriage?, Who is your wife's favorite singing group? What is the name of the chat room you met on?

We were one of the first ones there in the morning, and he was the very last to be interviewed that day. They were suspicious of our relationship and drilled him with questions for over 30 minutes. I hope you have a much easier time :yes:

Good to know.....Thank you so much........thats freaking crazy though..........they asked him so much,even if u were there with him.....how long after his interview he got his visa....

i m so nervous for my hubby's interview :(

Edited by atk_721

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

you must've had other evidences along w/that! In past they did not accept phone cards. However, one should not have any trouble if they have 'other' proofs backing their relationship.

Online relationships are questioned more for obvious reasons!

Again, if you are a desi marrying a desi the interview might not be as difficult. Only pics will do but have other proofs.

If you have enuff evidence to convience them, they should not deny your case unless your case has obvious red-flags. If you do, make sure you have answers for them! Otherwise, nothing to worry about.

good lucks,

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Any pakistani who knows someone who studied from University of Engineering & Technology Lahore or Taxila.

I need information regarding transfer of credits.

would it be better to get degree from pakistan (since i have only 2 and a half semesters left before i get my degree)

or move to the usa and complete rest of the education there(not all my credit hours will transfer and i might have to take TOEFL or some other tests and i might have to study longer than i have to in study pakistan to meet the degree requirements).

i have intentions to study further.MSc and then phd perhaps.

what would an engineer who got his/her degree in bsc from UET lahore or taxila and then moved to usa to get his/her msc degree?

what would a guy who studied in UET and then completed his/her degree over there in usa.(did it took longer to get the degree in usa?)

i need suggestions.

thanks

Timeline
Any pakistani who knows someone who studied from University of Engineering & Technology Lahore or Taxila.

would it be better to get degree from pakistan (since i have only 2 and a half semesters left before i get my degree)

or move to the usa and complete rest of the education there(not all my credit hours will transfer and i might have to take TOEFL or some other tests and i might have to study longer than i have to in study pakistan to meet the degree requirements).

what would an engineer who got his/her degree in bsc from UET lahore or taxila and then moved to usa to get his/her msc degree?

what would a guy who studied in UET and then completed his/her degree over there in usa.(did it took longer to get the degree in usa?)

i need suggestions.

thanks

you must know which univ u want to attend, they will evalute your transcript and will provide you w/the classes you will be required to take for your desired degree.

now do not forget, your undergrad education in pak is not equivlanet to US undergrad degree. So you cannot assume that since you have a bachelors from pak you also have a bachelors degree here.

I am not an engineer nor i went to any school out-side US thus my knowledge is limited. plus, i m not an engineer but what i do know is you also have another option...there are licenses for engineers for which you have to take enigneering board exams.

with this i must remind you getting higher education in US is not cheap=) you or your spouse might have to work while you go back to school.

Good lucks,

Edited by Revived

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Timeline

i need suggestions.

thanks

you must know which univ u want to attend, they will evalute your transcript and will provide you w/the classes you will be required to take for your desired degree.

now do not forget, your undergrad education in pak is not equivlanet to US undergrad degree. So you cannot assume that since you have a bachelors from pak you also have a bachelors degree here.

I am not an engineer nor i went to any school out-side US thus my knowledge is limited. plus, i m not an engineer but what i do know is you also have another option...there are licenses for engineers for which you have to take enigneering board exams.

with this i must remind you getting higher education in US is not cheap=) you or your spouse might have to work while you go back to school.

Good lucks,

your limited knowledge is very truthful

i know higher education in america is not cheap and i am not married.

but i have talked to other poeple who were unfortunately not in engineering institutions in pakistan when they left

they said their common courses were easily transfered.anyways thanks a lot.

can you please explain me something i want to know

its that as you know in case of immigrant visas its only valid for 6 months and one has to go to the usa within 6 months from the date of getting the visa.

if one wants to go back to the native country from america one cant stay for more than 6 months one has to come back to america.

but i have heard on special ground one can be allowed to leave usa for about 2 years.

this is allowed in special cases like in my case i need about one year and 2 months to complete my degree so i can apply for that thing.can you explain to me what that leave is called.official and specific name.

and can anyone please help me explain that

thanks again

Timeline

hi all

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I have sent my police cerificate, medical and passport about a week ago. I just called DOS today to inquire what is the status of my case . There was a lady on the line who told me that my status is still showing case under review. I asked her if she could tell me details and she told me that your documents are with the embassy and they have received them and are still reviewing them. Can someone tell me why is it showing review at their end and not cleared . Is this normal ? Or do u think it will still take some more time. Your feedback will be appreciated

Syed

Timeline

i need suggestions.

thanks

Good lucks,

but i have talked to other poeple who were unfortunately not in engineering institutions in pakistan when they left

its that as you know in case of immigrant visas its only valid for 6 months and one has to go to the usa within 6 months from the date of getting the visa.

if one wants to go back to the native country from america one cant stay for more than 6 months one has to come back to america.

but i have heard on special ground one can be allowed to leave usa for about 2 years.

this is allowed in special cases like in my case i need about one year and 2 months to complete my degree so i can apply for that thing.can you explain to me what that leave is called.official and specific name.

thanks again

Indeed your credits will be transferred, as i said the school will evaluate your transcript and accept some credits. again i must recommend that you look into engineering licensure board req, many times these agencies accept foreign students and recongized foregin degrees, they have their own agencies doing degree evaluation.

I know my brother -in-law who had PR status went to Pakistan for medicine schooling. Why not visit US every year during summer or something?

anyhow if you want to be away for 2yrs you have to apply for reentry permit. see below

-------------

Reentry Permit

Lawful permanent residents or conditional permanent residents who wish to remain outside the United States for more than one year, but less than two, require a reentry permit. A reentry permit is not required for a trip that is shorter than one year. (You should note that an absence of more than one year will break the period of continuous residence required to become a citizen, even if a reentry permit is issued.) A Reentry Permit is also issued to Lawful Permanent Residents who want to travel outside the United States, but cannot get a national passport from their country of nationality. A reentry permit is valid for two years.

Edited by Revived

Timeline
hi all

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I have sent my police cerificate, medical and passport about a week ago. I just called DOS today to inquire what is the status of my case . There was a lady on the line who told me that my status is still showing case under review. I asked her if she could tell me details and she told me that your documents are with the embassy and they have received them and are still reviewing them. Can someone tell me why is it showing review at their end and not cleared . Is this normal ? Or do u think it will still take some more time. Your feedback will be appreciated

Syed

hmm did you submit your passport, medical, and police cert for visa issuance after conclusion of AP? if so, allow ISL at least 2-3 weeks to review and issue visa and return passport back. Your case will remain in AP/review until visa is printed and in your hand. No need to panic!

good lucks,

Timeline

hi revived

Actually they never told me AP is over . On morning about a week ago I received a call from IsL for passport and other docs. And this is almost one year after interview. So I assume AP is over that's why they have asked for passport. However DOS is saying still under review.

hi all

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I have sent my police cerificate, medical and passport about a

week ago. I just called DOS today to inquire what is the status of my case . There was a lady on the line who told me that my status is still showing case under review. I asked her if she could tell me details and she told me that your documents are with the embassy and they have received them and are still reviewing them. Can someone tell me why is it showing review at their end and not cleared . Is this normal ? Or do u think it will still take some more time. Your feedback will be appreciated

Syed

hmm did you submit your passport, medical, and police cert for visa issuance after conclusion of AP? if so, allow ISL at least 2-3 weeks to review and issue visa and return passport back. Your case will remain in AP/review until visa is printed and in your hand. No need to panic!

good lucks,

Timeline

i need suggestions.

thanks

Good lucks,

thanks again

Indeed your credits will be transferred, as i said the school will evaluate your transcript and accept some credits. again i must recommend that you look into engineering licensure board req, many times these agencies accept foreign students and recongized foregin degrees, they have their own agencies doing degree evaluation.

I know my brother -in-law who had PR status went to Pakistan for medicine schooling. Why not visit US every year during summer or something?

anyhow if you want to be away for 2yrs you have to apply for reentry permit. see below

-------------

Reentry Permit

Lawful permanent residents or conditional permanent residents who wish to remain outside the United States for more than one year, but less than two, require a reentry permit. A reentry permit is not required for a trip that is shorter than one year. (You should note that an absence of more than one year will break the period of continuous residence required to become a citizen, even if a reentry permit is issued.) A Reentry Permit is also issued to Lawful Permanent Residents who want to travel outside the United States, but cannot get a national passport from their country of nationality. A reentry permit is valid for two years.

yes i would definitely like to do it

actually there is only one year left till i get my degree

i will visit usa during this summer in july and would come back to paksitan in september and continue my education.and till july 2010 i would have completed my degree.and the limit of one year wouldnt have expired.so its gonna be easy for me but i saw something on link

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

there is a line there

Remain outside of the US for more than one year without obtaining a reentry permit or returning resident visa. However in determining whether your status has been abandoned any length of absence from the US may be considered, even if it is less than one year.

but i have no intentions to stay permanently in pakistan.i want to come back just to complete my study

it definitely says that we can return anytime but within one year

so its gona be really easy for me

i will go back to pakistan say in the first week of september 2009 then i have a time span of one year that is till september 2010.

my degree would be completed by july or june.

Timeline

Just a suggestion for the long run,it better that u return after ur sep 09 semester ends in Dec.As Jan 09 would probably start end of jan...So u will have some time in between and this way you wont have to worry abt breaking ur residency in USA and u can apply for citizenship right after 5 years.

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

Timeline

Syed,

If they requested passport and expired docs most likely your visa is ready to be printed.

good lucks,

Timeline

i need suggestions.

thanks

Good lucks,

thanks again

-------------

Reentry Permit

yes i would definitely like to do it

actually there is only one year left till i get my degree

i will visit usa during this summer in july and would come back to paksitan in september and continue my education.and till july 2010 i would have completed my degree.and the limit of one year wouldnt have expired.so its gonna be easy for me but i saw something on link

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

there is a line there

Remain outside of the US for more than one year without obtaining a reentry permit or returning resident visa. However in determining whether your status has been abandoned any length of absence from the US may be considered, even if it is less than one year.

but i have no intentions to stay permanently in pakistan.i want to come back just to complete my study

it definitely says that we can return anytime but within one year

so its gona be really easy for me

i will go back to pakistan say in the first week of september 2009 then i have a time span of one year that is till september 2010.

my degree would be completed by july or june.

i will inquire from brother in law and let you know shortly. I think he didn't apply for re-entry and came back to US w/in a yr. throughout his schooling... but i must confirm

Edited by Revived

hi revived

Actually they never told me AP is over . On morning about a week ago I received a call from IsL for passport and other docs. And this is almost one year after interview. So I assume AP is over that's why they have asked for passport. However DOS is saying still under review.

hi all

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I have sent my police cerificate, medical and passport about a

week ago. I just called DOS today to inquire what is the status of my case . There was a lady on the line who told me that my status is still showing case under review. I asked her if she could tell me details and she told me that your documents are with the embassy and they have received them and are still reviewing them. Can someone tell me why is it showing review at their end and not cleared . Is this normal ? Or do u think it will still take some more time. Your feedback will be appreciated

Syed

good lucks,

Hello Syed!

I think we are almost in the same boat.

I got field investigation on 22 April,2009.Investigator told me that i will get my visa vey soon.

Then DOS told me and my wife on 28 April,2009 that our case is in USEM islamabad now and if they will have to need any further documents they will let us know.

My documents (Police certificate & Medical report) are still valid.They have already my passport.So they did not call me.

DOS again told us that USEM islamabad is the only when who can tell abt our case.

So best o luck bro :thumbs: & pray for me as well.

Revived sister!

What would u say abt it?

Sibtain

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.