• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Thank you Eveline and MzMo1102

Yesterday I sent the pictures to my family and my sister told me that my dad said that he is really sad 'cause they are not with me during this special time of my life (I'm super close to them). It made me really sad.... I miss them so much :crying: . Hopefully they will get to see the baby still in the belly but I have a feeling that she will surprise us. My parents are arriving in NYC 2 days before my due date :thumbs:

Have a good night girls!

Vi

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Thank you Eveline and MzMo1102

Yesterday I sent the pictures to my family and my sister told me that my dad said that he is really sad 'cause they are not with me during this special time of my life (I'm super close to them). It made me really sad.... I miss them so much :crying: . Hopefully they will get to see the baby still in the belly but I have a feeling that she will surprise us. My parents are arriving in NYC 2 days before my due date :thumbs:

Have a good night girls!

Vi

You're welcome

I could imagine how hard it is with you being apart from your close family especially during a time like this. Hopefully, they do make it in time just before Sofia's arrival but all the best to you!

ROC Journey:-

05.11.2012 -- mail I-751 packet

05.14.2012 -- Packet arrived @ VSC

xx.xx.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1 dated 05.15.2012

05.31.2012 -- Biometric notice date

06.27.2012 -- Biometrics Taken

01.23.2013 -- Card Production Ordered.

01.28.2013 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

@Vi: I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll wait for your parents to arrive. After all, you're a first time mom, it's not uncommon that baby will be late.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Vi, what a cute belly!! :star:

Caro,

Seeing that co-sleeper just reminds me of a pack 'n play - which you can actually fold up and take with you guys everywhere - so it would be a better investment in my opinion. My sister had that in their room for their daughter's first 16 months while she was still being breastfed. I think if the baby sleeps in the room with you they can hear your breathing and be just fine. Plus, you'll only have steps to walk rather than a hallway. :thumbs: I'm not one for the baby sleeping in my bed - my sis said she actually found it scary at times when she would be breastfeeding the baby while in bed in the middle of the night - she said there would be times when she had fallen back asleep and there was the baby sucking away but getting restless. She said after that happened it made her get out of bed and sit in another location, feed the baby and go back to bed for safety's sake.

Just my 2 cents.

PS - we were so sure we were having a girl that we hadn't even thought of anything for a boy - and there he was dingaling and all. So, you can kind of say that pregnancy is like a box of chocolates cuz unless there's some genetic engineering, you never know what you're gonna get - (until you see the Ultra Sound). :thumbs::lol:

I'll look into the pack n' play :thumbs:

hehe we'll see what it is (can't wait to find out!). Boy or girl either will do, as long as it's healthy we're good. I'd love to have one of each :dance:

Saludos,

Caro

Edited by JVKn'CVO

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Timeline

I would also suggest a packnplay. some come with a 'bassinett part' where you can adjust the height of the part baby sleeps on. There's a weight limit on it though and babies tend to get heavy rather quickly (both my kids tripled their birth weight in the first year).

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

@ vi: cute belly. it's getting big!

yay for kavi's party. can't wait for the pics

water: 8oz per hours is absurd. i can't imagine drinking that. on my good days i drink 4 L (weekends usually), but on week days I probably drink 2 L. It is important that you drink more than usual because the baby absorb the water you drink first thing, then the rest goes for you. So don't worry about the baby not getting enough water, worry about you not getting enough worry.

One thing I learned when I used to dance, you should never get to a point where you're thirsty. That means your body is dehydrated. Drink water every now and then, even though u don't feel the need.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Timeline

Another thing about water is it really, really helps with keeping you from getting constipated. I learned that the hard way. Plus, I don't just drink water. I drink different water based drinks, gatorade, kool-aid, etc. You really want to stay away from carbonated drinks, even carbonated water, because they contribute to constipation. I also learned that the hard way. I drank a 2L bottle of ginger ale in 2 days. It stopped me right up. My doctor actually told me to drink 80 ounces of water a day. I'm not good at the math so I'm not sure how that translates to gallons or liters. I do know since I started doing that I don't have any problems with constipation anymore.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Timeline

80 oz is about 5 quarts. 1 quart is a little less than 1 Liter. I guess it can be done but it still is a lot of water to drink. I was having trouble with 4 quarts (1 gallon) and I was about to explode :lol:

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Timeline
80 oz is about 5 quarts. 1 quart is a little less than 1 Liter. I guess it can be done but it still is a lot of water to drink. I was having trouble with 4 quarts (1 gallon) and I was about to explode :lol:

Oh tell me about it. It took me a good 2-3 days to work up to the 80 ounces. I thought I would never make it. Now that I've gotten up to that I sometimes even drink more than that. I found it's easier to do when I drink numerous different things during the day. I was trying to stick with just water and I could never get that much in. Once I switched to drinking a bunch of different things throughout the day it just seemed to come a lot easier. I know I don't always drink the best options, I still have to have sweet tea at least once or twice a week, but at least I'm getting my liquids in. I do make plenty of trips to the bathroom though. I think the main reason they want me drinking so much is because I'm having twins. It seems everything is exaggerated because of that.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Here are some birthday pics...unfortunately I didn't get many of him smiling that day lol. I think he was mostly wondering what was going on. He loved all his gifts though, he even got a cute white play guitar from someone that looks like a real guitar, just small.

He wasn't into smashing the smash cake very much. To be honest I didn't care about the smash cake but did it anyway. :lol: It came free with the cake, I think they always give you a free one with a cake order for a 1st birthday.

I also wasn't so excited about the cake options they had at places, so I went with Mickey Mouse and it turned out very cute. The party was very fun!

DSCI0048.jpg

DSCI0022-1.jpg

DSCI0053.jpg

DSCI0071-1.jpg

DSCI0068.jpg

Kavi isn't walking yet. He seems to love crawling. I think he could stand if he wanted to(without holding onto anything) but he seems to get scared by it and won't do it yet. We hope soon! :)

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

aww so cute :wub:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

Kids at their first birthday traditionally get their own cake, separate from the other cake that everyone else eats. Usually they just smash it, hence the occasional name. :P

Edited by Wacken