Eveline

*Baby Corner*

5,409 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@ Autumnchick: We went out together a lot too!!! Only recently I went out shopping more by myself. It's just so much lugging and schlepping of bags with baby, it's exhausting.

I know put Jona in a Meitai which he finally likes: http://www.babyhawk.com/. It's soooo much easier than going out with a stroller and a shopping cart...

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You really don't want to put the infant seat on top of the small thing of the shopping cart. Our carseat came with a HUGE warning about it. IT's not considered safe, the seat could fall off and all manufacturers advise strongly against it. We put the seat just inside the shopping cart and the groceries all around, on the bottom etc. It's a little more hassle, but it is safer - and safety is my main concern with my little man :)

I would NEVER do anything that I felt compromised my child's safety. For me, the seat clicked in and never wobbled. It felt very secure. Even so, I never walked away from the cart, probably keeping at least one of my hands on the seat 95% of the time. I don't run through the store or pop wheelies with my grocery cart.

I suppose this is another one of those things that moms just have to use their judgement on. But hey, I also had my children co-sleep with me. That isn't recommended either.

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

when it comes to co-sleeping there's a major controversy. you'll hear half the people recomending, and half not. plus i think co-sleeping is more of an american issue. at least in my country people have been co-sleeping since the beginning of times. it just takes some common sense to know how to do it safely'.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
I would NEVER do anything that I felt compromised my child's safety. For me, the seat clicked in and never wobbled. It felt very secure. Even so, I never walked away from the cart, probably keeping at least one of my hands on the seat 95% of the time. I don't run through the store or pop wheelies with my grocery cart.

I suppose this is another one of those things that moms just have to use their judgement on. But hey, I also had my children co-sleep with me. That isn't recommended either.

I agree. I'm one of those moms that completely freaks out when she sees her toddler standing up in the cart... Adam can do a lot with me, I even let him walk next to me in the grocery store and take back all the stuff he brings me but he will NEVER EVER be standing up in the cart without me freaking out about it. He tries and sometimes he succeeds but it usually ends up in me telling him not to do it because he might fall out (he couldn't care less about the talk though). :devil:

I go grocery shopping with both kids. I have Allie in the MT and Adam in the Cart because I don't want him in the 'grocery part' of the cart since I can't strap him down in there. As soon as they are both big enough I guess I'll put them into those 'kid carts" that come up front of the actual cart (like a rocket or car or so).

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
yay for 8 weeks, Caro. Do you like any name at all? What kind of name you have in mind? american? First thing I considered when I chose the name was if it was possible to pronounce and be spelled in both languages the same way without people having difficulties and without them asking how is that spelled, or how is that pronounced?

Yes, we are hoping for a name like that :) We have the perfect name picked up for a boy, that has both english and spanish pronunciation, we just can't agree on a girl's name. And I think it's a girl, so we are in trouble :D

On co-sleeping: We saw the arms-reach cosleeper bassinet on a magazine and both really liked it, seems like you would get the best of both worlds with that.

minibesidebed.gif

Saludos,

Caro

Edited by JVKn'CVO

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
yay for 8 weeks, Caro. Do you like any name at all? What kind of name you have in mind? american? First thing I considered when I chose the name was if it was possible to pronounce and be spelled in both languages the same way without people having difficulties and without them asking how is that spelled, or how is that pronounced?

Yes, we are hoping for a name like that :) We have the perfect name picked up for a boy, that has both english and spanish pronunciation, we just can't agree on a girl's name. And I think it's a girl, so we are in trouble :D

On co-sleeping: We saw the arms-reach cosleeper bassinet on a magazine and both really liked it, seems like you would get the best of both worlds with that.

minibesidebed.gif

Saludos,

Caro

Caro,

Seeing that co-sleeper just reminds me of a pack 'n play - which you can actually fold up and take with you guys everywhere - so it would be a better investment in my opinion. My sister had that in their room for their daughter's first 16 months while she was still being breastfed. I think if the baby sleeps in the room with you they can hear your breathing and be just fine. Plus, you'll only have steps to walk rather than a hallway. :thumbs: I'm not one for the baby sleeping in my bed - my sis said she actually found it scary at times when she would be breastfeeding the baby while in bed in the middle of the night - she said there would be times when she had fallen back asleep and there was the baby sucking away but getting restless. She said after that happened it made her get out of bed and sit in another location, feed the baby and go back to bed for safety's sake.

Just my 2 cents.

PS - we were so sure we were having a girl that we hadn't even thought of anything for a boy - and there he was dingaling and all. So, you can kind of say that pregnancy is like a box of chocolates cuz unless there's some genetic engineering, you never know what you're gonna get - (until you see the Ultra Sound). :thumbs::lol:

Edited by Staashi

Timeline

we dont have space in our bedroom for that, and that's not considered co-sleeping, btw. i'll have Ben sleeping in his crib as much as possible. when i take naps by myself we can co-sleep. the bed is huge for the 2 of us and I don't ever roll over, so i have everything covered. I don't want him getting used to sleeping with me and then not sleepign anywhere else, though.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline

@Nessa: We have had both kids in our bed and never had problems getting them to sleep in their beds. There are better times and not so good times. Adam is sick right now (he's got the flu) and he loves being in our bed. I guess it just makes him feel better. Other than that he prefers sleeping in his bed, just like Allie. I have found myself waking up several times with Allie sucking away and getting restless. That's when I put her back in her bed. Actually in the very beginning, I slept with the baby facing toward the edge of the bed, away from my husband. I had her (and Adam' too when he was a baby) cradeled in my arms. I know it was probably very dangerous but I'm a light sleeper and wake up very easily.

After all, go after whatever your mommy-instinct tells you is right. There's lots of good advice (this board and my - sometimes useless :lol: advice - included) out there and it is VERY easy to not trust your instincts. I have just noticed it when we moved. Not having the internet for four weeks made me listen to my 'inner mommy' a lot more rather than googeling everything. If you feel more comfortable with baby sleeping in your bed, then do it, if not, put baby in his bed close to your bed or in his room. Whatever works best for you. I don't think there's a right or wrong, just a lot of different opinions.

The End :lol::lol:

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

minibesidebed.gif

Saludos,

Caro

I've been looking at something like this. I think they are pretty portable.

We're also planning to try swaddling. My MIL may stay with us for a while, and I've heard they swaddle pretty tightly in Morocco, so I'm a little nervous about that. :unsure:

Edited by caybee

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Timeline

what is swaddling?

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline

Putting baby in a tightly wrapped blanket. It makes them feel like in the womb. Adam never liked it, Allie had to be swaddled up to four months cause she was moving so much. I would get just one swaddler and then see if baby actually likes it. Some like to have their arms out and some really looooove to be in there really tight.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x244/Ev...ly/DSC04774.jpg

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Timeline

oh yeah, i heard good things about swaddling. one of them is how it makes easier for daddys to handle the baby :lol:

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

We STILL swaddle Ilyas and he's 5.5 months old! He is a great sleeper when swaddled--if not swaddled, he stays awake, rolling around and putting everything in his mouth! I keep trying to not swaddle him, but he gets himself in all kinds of crazy positions and doesn't sleep. I love my little blue burrito :star: .

If you are interested in Swaddling, I recommend the Miracle Blanket and read or watch The Happiest Baby on the Block.

Edited by Carolyn

Carolyn and Simo

Fell in love in Morocco: March 2004

Welcome to the USA: May 19, 2005 :)

Our Wedding Day: July 9, 2005

AOS interview: March, 2006--Success!

Applied for Removal of Conditions on Residence: March, 2008--Approved August 11, 2008

Baby Ilyas born: August 16, 2008!

rPXNm5.png

Timeline

i've heard good things about the miracle blanket :thumbs: . They are like little straight jackets for babies. :lol:

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I kept watching the postpartum nurses in the hospital. I use a normal flannel blanket and swaddle Zak every night. It makes him a much calmer baby! The miracle blanket looks great, but I think he would HATE not having his arms above his head (how he likes to sleep...same with his sister).

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png