Eveline

*Baby Corner*

5,409 posts in this topic

Stef - Yes, we keep him in the middle. I feel better about it safetywise, but it does make it hard to get him in and out.

Hope everyone has a Happy Tgiving :)

This is in the future, but I am so excited about this! As a Xmas present, my mom is giving us tickets to visit her in FL. She lives in the ST. Pete area for part of the year. We are going in January. Actually, my mom is spending Xmas with us in NH, then after New Year's, Declan, my hubby and my mom are going to drive to FL. I will fly down a week later (hubby has a nice break from school, but sadly I don't have enough vacation time from work to take more than a week). Then, hubby and Declan and I will fly back together. We are going to do one "big thing" while we are there. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I'm thinking DisneyWorld, especially since I remember reading about Christina taking Kavi. Any other ideas of places to go?

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
@Nick: I don't really get your last sentence. I don't know if you're having an attitude about it or now. I'm just trying to help. In the end it is your or actually your DIL decision. There are seats out there that you can use from birth up to 45lbs rear facing. I'm sorry she hasn't found the right seat yet. I'm just trying to help. Sorry I offended you.

Last sentence dealt with the cost to the driving public for air bags that are supplemental that saved lives of adults who refuse to wear their safety belts. This issue was debate in congress as to whether a switch should be installed to kill the air bag is a child was riding in the front passenger seat as that air bag can kill them. Instead kids were moved to the rear seat where air bags are not installed.

Didn't take any offense to your comments, drive very defensively with young ones in the vehicle. Do a lot of driving on state and county roads where people love to pull out in front of you and always prepare for a way out if they do, even if it means slowing down.

One false sense of security is starting a trip with a full tank of gas, if involved in an accident, may wish you had less than a gallon of gas in your tank. A sister-in-law was burned alive in what should have been a fender bender type of accident, but thank God, my niece and nephew weren't with her at the time. Fender bender type accidents also trigger air bags. A short friend was killed in such a fender bender type accident, being short, her head was very close to the steering wheel and got the full impact of the exploding bag that snapped her neck. Can really question some of our laws, but use good common sense with your kids.

Our society puts huge demands on us when you have to drop off kids at school or day care during the so-called rush hour, yet be at work on time so you don't get fired. Isn't that a bit crazy?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

cribs: I don't use that drop side, I just reach down... DH checked the sturdiness and it is fine for now. The mfr will send replacement parts... But when Jona was smaller he slept in the packnplay, then in the crib right next to me without the drop side so that it was like one surface (my mattress and his) and only now he is in the crib... I might convert it to a toddler bed anyhow very soon (it can also be converted into a Twin, which is why I bought it in the first place!).

driving: when I was young there were no seat belts, no airbags, and we traveled in the lovely paper car named Trabant. But just because we survived doesn't mean it is safe, kwim? during my High School years more than 5 people I knew died in car crashes. Some were in tiny old cars and had no chance, others didn't wear their seat belts and other were speeding in winter. I always drive defensively, especially now with a child - even when I drive alone, cause my baby needs me! Seeing so many people die in car crashes I take every precaution I can... And yes, I am very ####### with car safety and I guess safety overall...

Jona is growing up so fast these days. He now learned how to remove outlet covers... We switched to the other ones now that are super hard to take out...

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

@Nizzy: I have heard of Capella, actually they are associated with the society for human resource management for their BBA program. Sound like a good option :)

I'm starting to plan out my days when I go back to work (in Jan). What would you do:

OPT 1

6:30 - BF baby

7:15 - Out the door

9:30 - pump at work

12:30 - go to the day care and spend lunch time with him (10 min away, I have 1 hour lunch so I can spend a good 40 mins with him and BF)

15:30 - pump at work

17:10 - pick him up from day care

17:20 - we get home and nurse

Pros: good BFing relationship

get to spend time with baby and make sure he's ok

Cons: taxing at work (make sure I take my breaks every day on schedule, take all my breaks even if work gets crazy, etc)

after spending time with baby, not sure how focused I will be (miss him)

OPT2

10 - pump at work

(skip lunch)

14 - pump at work

Pros: Good for work (show that I'm flexible, ect)

I focus on my work during the day

Cons: miss the baby, worry if he's ok, etc

worry about keeping up milk supply and the BFing bonding

Thoughts? :(

Saludos,

Caro

Edited by JVKn'CVO

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

how long does it take for him to eat? when i was bf, i needed 45 min bf (he took forever), then 45 min to prepare my stuff to take to work, food, etc, take a shower, get ready for work, change and get him dressed, take all the stuff to the car, 2 trips, then 30 min to commute, drop him off and drive to work. so a total of 2 hours from waking up

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline

He takes 15 min to eat. I would get ready before I wake him up to eat. Luckily the day care is half way through my way to work, so my commute doesn't change, just have to factor dropping off time.

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
@Nizzy: I have heard of Capella, actually they are associated with the society for human resource management for their BBA program. Sound like a good option :)

I'm starting to plan out my days when I go back to work (in Jan). What would you do:

OPT 1

12:30 - go to the day care and spend lunch time with him (10 min away, I have 1 hour lunch so I can spend a good 40 mins with him and BF)

Cons: taxing at work (make sure I take my breaks every day on schedule, take all my breaks even if work gets crazy, etc)

OPT2

10 - pump at work

(skip lunch)

14 - pump at work

Saludos,

Caro

I'm planning on option 1, if all goes as planned. I'm more concerned about my relationship with baby than my relationship with work. :)

Timeline

i would go with option #1. i had 30 min lunch and i went visit Ben every day until he was 6 months when they changed my work hours, just couldn't stay away.

it was like only 15 min there, but was worthy

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

OPT 1

OPT2

10 - pump at work

(skip lunch)

14 - pump at work

Saludos,

Caro

I think option one sounds good. Thanks for the reply about Capella. I have been looking at a number of schools and was worried about whether or not it is recognized as a valid school.

Timeline
i would go with option #1. i had 30 min lunch and i went visit Ben every day until he was 6 months when they changed my work hours, just couldn't stay away.

it was like only 15 min there, but was worthy

Do you think going to see him made things easier for you or harder? I'm afraid to go back to work crying and stuff

what a darling baby JVK

actually, JVK (Justin VK) is my husband. I'm CVO (Caro) :)

I'm planning on option 1, if all goes as planned. I'm more concerned about my relationship with baby than my relationship with work. :)

Good point :yes:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***

Timeline

it made it easier. at work every time i feel baby sick i look at his picture. it always put a smile on my face.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline

Thanks Nessa, your experience really helped :)

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***

Timeline

do you all feed your baby on demand? sometimes i worry Ben is getting too chubby and that i'm overfeedding him.

Edited by Nessa

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline