Eveline

*Baby Corner*

5,409 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

About H1N1: Justin and I got the vaccine Saturday, but of course Sebas is too young.

About car seats: I think I will just time Sebas and how he develops. There has been a lot of talk about increasing the age for rear facing and booster seat.

Before we had Sebas we traded in my car for a Mazda 5. It's a fun ride :)

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We wanted to keep Declan rear facing as long as we could, but we did end up turning the carseat forward facing. His legs are so long and it was difficult to keep him rear facing without constantly screaming because he was cramped. For me, I weighed out the option of either keeping him rear facing but be distracted by nearly constant shrieks or turn him forward facing.

I have a Nissan Xterra that I LOVE except that sometimes I feel like I have to throw Declan like a football just to get him into his carseat :) Usually, what I end up doing is standing on the running bar so I can climb into the backseat myself, inevitable banging my head because I am not the most graceful person.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

@ Staashi: LOL No offense taken, and he is killing my back - I feel like I did when I worked for USPS :lol: He doesn't look that big to me when someone else is holding him, but he has big thighs and Michelin Man arms. He kicks his legs constantly, "stands" in my lap, and can sit up up pretty well with good support, so I plan to get him something like an exersaucer for Christmas so he can burn off some of that energy and get some more mental stimulation. He's been reaching out and clutching blankets, our hands and faces, etc, for weeks, but a few days ago, he started grabbing toy chains, and yesterday while I was at work, he pulled the ring on the mobile above his bouncy seat and got a musical reward for the first time. He loves to "converse" with us. One of his favorite sounds is a drawn-out "ck" sound in the back of his throat - he's delighted when we say it back to him.

BTW Enzo is soooo handsome!

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

We'll keep him rearfacing as long as possible, his legs are curling up but that is fine, he doesn't mind anyways! :)

Gymboree has a 25% off of everything sale and free shipping, yeah!

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
@Staashi: I like how the traverse looks! Does it really fit 8 people in ther?? We have an Equinox and I like it. We don't really need a van right now, but I am keeping my eye on the Routan. :)

Sister, you should test drive one - we loved it. Yes, the seats fit 8 people. Amazing! Also, when all the seats fold down, you can fit a lot of things in there. We're looking to buy a second fridge on craigslist and I honestly think I could fit it in the car. I can't believe it. :blink: Check it out!

Edited by Staashi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Big fat crib recall, and ours is being recalled! StorkCraft cribs with drop side rails - the drop side falls off and 4 kids died already! :(

This afternoon DH will drill and nail the drop side securely to the frame - you cannot use the drop side, which we do not anyways, but it will be safe for now until we figure out a replacement and www.storkcraft.com is available again. Their website is down (bummer on the day of the recall - prolly too much traffic) and the hotline is constantly busy. :(

Anyways, if anyone is using those cribs, beware!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/11/23/...ent;cbsCarousel

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Ya I saw the recall last night on yahoo news. What a shame. We have a Simplicity Drop Down that thankfully hasnt been recalled yet. Zaid doesnt sleep in it anyways. Hes been in a packnplay in our room ever since he had h1n1.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

ok this is ridiculous/ diaper size 4 is for 22-37 lbs. size 5 is for 27+ lbs. If Ben is around 20lbs, does it really make sense that they're asking at daycare for a size 5? like #######?

a few times a week when he poops the poop goes all the way up on his back. so they need to change hios onesie because it's all full of poop. is it really the diaper? the diaper doesnt seem small at all. i just freaking bought a new box.

my question is, is it possible that the problem is the size, cuz he has always had this problem, or is it maybe that the cheap diaper i buy do that? should i go buy pampers or huggies?

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
ok this is ridiculous/ diaper size 4 is for 22-37 lbs. size 5 is for 27+ lbs. If Ben is around 20lbs, does it really make sense that they're asking at daycare for a size 5? like #######?

a few times a week when he poops the poop goes all the way up on his back. so they need to change hios onesie because it's all full of poop. is it really the diaper? the diaper doesnt seem small at all. i just freaking bought a new box.

my question is, is it possible that the problem is the size, cuz he has always had this problem, or is it maybe that the cheap diaper i buy do that? should i go buy pampers or huggies?

Rayan's does that sometimes too for no apparent reason. A friend said her son's did that frequently no matter what kind of diaper she used. I wouldn't think getting him a 5 would help though, especially if the 4s seem to fit him well.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Sebas should be using size 2 according to weight but I have him on 3 - getting a size diaper bigger is the only thing that seems to help with the runs :yes:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Well, there is no law that you HAVE to turn your child around. What irks me is that the WI laws said that chldren over 1 year and 20lbs MUST sit in a forward facing seat. I still think that they MUST be in a convertible and then it's the parent's choice whether they want to turn the seat around or not. It is up to every parent what they want to do. We turned Adam around early, we could have easily gotten a new seat but it was our choice to turn him around, maybe because he's the first child and it's exciting for us to see him grow up, or maybe because it being June 2008 in TX was just too hot for a toddler to be rear facing and hardly getting any AC air in the back. I understand that some kids are total screamers in the car and I bet by now Adam would be joining in but Allie kinda keeps him entertained and vice verca. :lol: don't feel bad, I bet you have thought about it long and hard. Actually this whole argument here started because NickD was complaining that it's so hard to install a carseat rear facing and it's not any safer for little kids rf than ff would be. I guess we all know that it is safer rear facing after all and we all do our best to keep them rear facing for as long as it works.

That was that...I'm done with this topic. Evi OUT :yes:

I see what you're saying and it makes sense. In a perfect world I had a perfect kid who doesn't mind sitting with his legs all curled up for 4 hours straight unable to move. But oh wow I have to say car rides are sooooo much easier these days... Of course with the next baby we will try rear facing as long as it is tolerated by her or him. The WI law hmmm I think they figured that if they didn't tell you when you need to turn your baby around then some people would have their children forward facing from day one. They just want to be on the safe side. Remember, there are plenty stupid people living in WI, as there are everywhere. ;):lol:

@Staashi: I like how the traverse looks! Does it really fit 8 people in ther?? We have an Equinox and I like it. We don't really need a van right now, but I am keeping my eye on the Routan. :)

Sister, you should test drive one - we loved it. Yes, the seats fit 8 people. Amazing! Also, when all the seats fold down, you can fit a lot of things in there. We're looking to buy a second fridge on craigslist and I honestly think I could fit it in the car. I can't believe it. :blink: Check it out!

wow I think I really need to check it out! It's a pretty sharp looking whip! I like the SUV type of cars better than the minivan but it is hard to find one that is big enough for all the ####### I have to drive around (and the people of course). What kind of gas mileage does it get?

@crib recall: I just watched it on the news, that is terrible! I am so glad that we have one of those convertible cribs. As far as I know they are recalling ALL cribs that drop down. I feel so bad for these families. What a tragic way to lose a child. I can't believe they waited this long for the recalls. :(

Are you guys getting the part to fix it or are you throwing your crib out?

@autumn: lol, do you have Declan's seat in the middle or on the side? Ben's seat is on the right side right now but I am contemplating to move it to the middle of the car which would further complicate getting him in and out. But I want to be on the safe side.

I also try to drive less ahem, reckless these days. :D

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I checked our cribs last night when I saw the recall info online. Ours are not recalled. However, the Consumer Product Safety Commission is thinking of banning the sale of drop-side cribs. We have maybe dropped the sides 3 times. When the mattress was up higher, they were easy to pick up. Now it is not so bad either because they are standing on their knees or feet every time you go in to get them. I was reading online that Babies R Us is stopping the sale of drop-side cribs next month. So...new mommies don't get one!!!!

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving with your families!

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
@autumn: lol, do you have Declan's seat in the middle or on the side? Ben's seat is on the right side right now but I am contemplating to move it to the middle of the car which would further complicate getting him in and out. But I want to be on the safe side.

I also try to drive less ahem, reckless these days. :D

I remember when I had my toyota yaris and had such a hard time getting Eman in and out...lol...I bumped my head, and hate to admit that I also bumped his head a couple of times, getting him in and out because I had it in the middle. But for my own sanity, I always keep him in the middle. And even thought I have the child safety locks on I am paranoid and think he will open the door...being a mom causes all sorts of paranoia and images of things that could possibly go wrong...now I know why my mom was the way she was...lol...

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

We also have a Simplicity 3 in 1 drop side crib but we have never used the drop side. When the kids were little we had it on the middle setting with the side down and now we have the mattress low with the side up and I can get Allie out just like that since she always sits or even stands up anyway. Also, it's a pain in the rear to drop down the side, too hard.

I remember the simplicity recall last year but our crib wasn't one of them.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019