Eveline

*Baby Corner*

5,409 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Very good information on the car seats. So we'll get Rayan another rear-facing one when he outgrows this one. He now weighs 20 pounds at 15 weeks. This could get interesting.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

@Caybee: Adam was a chunker like that. It'll wear off, as soon as Rayan starts crawling and cruising. I'd get a carseat with a 35+lbs rear facing limit and keep him in there as long as possible.

I just posted the question on the mothering.com discussion board. I wanna see what they say, considering that there must be some Wisconsin mommas on that board. I'll also check TX laws, I'm sure they say the same thing but it doesn't mean that you HAVE to face them forward.

@NickD: I think it is awesome that you double check the laws and are so into your granddaughter. You must love her a whole bunch so kudos to you for being such an up to date grandpa. :thumbs:

TX laws say the same thing as Wisconsin laws. Children older than 1 year and plus 20 lbs are supposed to go in a forward facing carseat http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/director_staf...ion/carseat.htm

I think what their trying to do with those rules is for people to AT LEAST put their kids in carseats. CPS said to leave the kids in the rearfacing position up until the rear facing limit of the CARSEAT is reached.

Edited by Eveline

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

If that is really a law, they are putting children at risk, that's crazy. I would never follow it! I agree with Evi that they worded it like that because most parents want their kids to be forward facing for some reason... So they are hoping at least people put them in there at all. In WY they just say carseat, they don't even specify, at least in the paper they handed us. Oh boy is all I can say!

@ Vi: We have a Britax Boulevard which is very safe, but only up to 35 pounds rf. Which is why when he outgrows this, we will get the new Radian which allows a child up to 45 pounds to be rf. There are great discussions which is the best carseat on www.mothering.com -> forums -> family safety. There are car seat experts there, I mean people who do that for a living. Great resource.

Didn't Zaid already have swine flu? Then you don't need the vaccine.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Timeline

All the carseat talk makes me wanna go and buy Adam a rear facing one too. I doubt he'll be happy about that though.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Wisconsin children younger than 1 and all children who weigh less than 20 pounds are required to be in a rear-facing infant seat; children 1 through 3 years who weigh at least 20 pounds but less than 40 pounds are required to be in a forward-facing child safety seat; children 4 through 7 who both weigh at least 40 pounds but less than 80 pounds and who are less than 57 inches tall are required to be in a booster seat.

Looks like we would be in no trouble if we drove into Minnesota, Michigan, or Illinois.

Really can't say one is wrong with 50 different states and 50 different sets of laws,over one year of age and twenty pounds, must be in a forward facing seat in Wisconsin.

If I drive a 57 Chevy that didn't come with seat belts, neither have to install them and definitely not use them, but if the car came equipped with safety belts, can get a 200 buck fine for not wearing them even though these cars also have an air bag, won't find those in a 57 Chevy. I don't make the laws, just get confused by them.

Do you have source for this? There's no LAW that makes turning the seat around mandatory. It's your choice.

Should have put that in quotations marks, that is our state law, Amber is already on her 3rd baby seat already, but maybe the best law would be to keep my daughter-in-law barefoot and pregnant keeping her and the kids at home.

My two youngest were locked up in baby seats, problem was when they turned 16, would fall asleep when learning how to drive. They were programmed to do that by state law. No argument about putting the seat in the rear, the air bag can kill them, matter of fact just as many kids were killed by air bags that saved adult lives that refused to wear their seat belts. And at a cost of 25 million bucks each to the driving public.

Timeline

@Nick: I don't really get your last sentence. I don't know if you're having an attitude about it or now. I'm just trying to help. In the end it is your or actually your DIL decision. There are seats out there that you can use from birth up to 45lbs rear facing. I'm sorry she hasn't found the right seat yet. I'm just trying to help. Sorry I offended you.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Very good information on the car seats. So we'll get Rayan another rear-facing one when he outgrows this one. He now weighs 20 pounds at 15 weeks. This could get interesting.

OMG!!!!! I can't believe how big he is. I haven't weighed Enzo in more than a month but he might just be at 20+ lbs now - almost 8 mos. Holy God that is a big baby! :blink:

ETA: Don't mean to offend. Rayan's such a sweetie. I just couldn't imagine toting E around weighing 20lbs at 3mos. That would have killed my back. :D

Edited by Staashi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Somebody mentioned Melissa and Doug before... There was a recall recently for excess Barium in the paints used for a couple toys:

http://cpsr-rspc.hc-sc.gc.ca/PR-RP/recall-...g.jsp?re_id=889

@ caybee: wow he is bigger than Jona! He weighed 15 pounds at 2 months, but he also was 3 weeks early so he had some catch up to do ;) In January (he was born August 19th) he weighed 22 pounds, my little fat ball :P I agree with Evi, once they are mobile, they lean out, and ever since he walks, he really leaned out, he now has a face and only two chins :D

Edited by Anna C.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Anna, Zaid did test positive for Strain A flu. The CDC was not having them send the swabs in to be tested for H1N1. So all I know is Zaid has Strain A flu. All doctors are saying that any Strain A is H1N1 BUT how can I be sure ya know? I would just feel a billion times safer if I got it for him already. Im sick of worrying. I work with the public and touch 200 peoples dirty money everyday, he goes to day care, we constantly have visitors. Too risky for me.

I did see the Melissa and Doug recall shortly after I posted. Guess he wont be getting any of those.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i have a question. when they perform a circumcision on babies, do they put them undedr anesthesia, local, anything?

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

ah ok thanks

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
i have a question. when they perform a circumcision on babies, do they put them undedr anesthesia, local, anything?

they actually are required by law to put them under general anesthesia if the baby is older than 6 months. This is what makes me so crazy. How do they justify that they give a newborn tylenol for the same procedure when it is proven that a newborn can feel the same pain as an older infant/toddler/child/adult.

I don't know... At least the hopsital where I work does a penile block in combination with glucose and tylenol on their newborns.

@Vi: we have the Britax Boulevard too! I love it. It is one of the more expensive seats but I wanted it to be padded and comfy because we travel a lot. There are the same guidelines for all carseats, the difference is in the price and how well they are padded and of course how long you can use it. We got about a $100 off with coupons at babies R Us, so it wasn't too bad.

@Staashi: I like how the traverse looks! Does it really fit 8 people in ther?? We have an Equinox and I like it. We don't really need a van right now, but I am keeping my eye on the Routan. :)

@Eveline&Anna: you guys were wondering why the law requires you to turn the carseat around. I don't think there is enough evidence to support the theory that children broke their neck because they were front facing... Unfortunately although there are cases where it could have possibly been prevented. I guess there is just not enough awareness. It really is hard to keep a larger child rear facing.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Stef, I agree. There is no way no how unfortunately my 3 foot toddler could fit rear facing. Car rides are unbearable as it is. I make sure he is secured safely and am an extremely cautious driver, thats the best I can do :)

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline

Well, there is no law that you HAVE to turn your child around. What irks me is that the WI laws said that chldren over 1 year and 20lbs MUST sit in a forward facing seat. I still think that they MUST be in a convertible and then it's the parent's choice whether they want to turn the seat around or not. It is up to every parent what they want to do. We turned Adam around early, we could have easily gotten a new seat but it was our choice to turn him around, maybe because he's the first child and it's exciting for us to see him grow up, or maybe because it being June 2008 in TX was just too hot for a toddler to be rear facing and hardly getting any AC air in the back. I understand that some kids are total screamers in the car and I bet by now Adam would be joining in but Allie kinda keeps him entertained and vice verca. :lol: don't feel bad, I bet you have thought about it long and hard. Actually this whole argument here started because NickD was complaining that it's so hard to install a carseat rear facing and it's not any safer for little kids rf than ff would be. I guess we all know that it is safer rear facing after all and we all do our best to keep them rear facing for as long as it works.

That was that...I'm done with this topic. Evi OUT :yes:

02/12/2009 - APPROVED