• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

No way you would ever get me out there on Black Friday. I have a nice German meetup setup for that day, away from any mall. That's how I save money :)

My MIL has a dyson (I think it's a dyson - the one for animal hair) and that thing didn't pick up #######. I had to pickup crumbles before I vacuumed. So annoying.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Stef, im an avid black friday shopper. kohls opens at 4am...GO THERE! All the toys are 50% off til 1pm and the clothes are dirt cheap. Every 50$ u spend u get 10$ cash to spend at kohls the following week. I even got a coupon in the mail for an extra 15% off my entire purchase. 65% off toys and clothes, cant complain there.

Im also planning to be at walmart at 5am. Im buying hubby a 50' lcd flatscreen tv, they are only 598$ I am excited to get it! I hope they dont run out before I can get my hands on one!

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Chnst I LOVE BLACK FRIDAY!!!, We go shopping every year around 5.30am and when we get to the mall we see people already leaving with lots of bags, it's insane. We first make a list of the different stores we wanna hit, :MACY'S, VICTORIA SECRET, AEROPOSTALE,OLDNAVy, BABY'S R US/TOYS R' US,those are the main ones. This years we told everyone that we are getting gifts just for the kids and my lovely In laws's. We usually get back home around 8am and let me tell you, you an get amazing deals!!! Last years I got anice winter jacket for $10!!!!! you cannot beat that. Yesterday I went to BRUS/Toys R US 'cause they had a big sale and got a bunch of clothes on super cleareance for Sofia, like for example dresses for 70 Cents! :dance: , outfits for $2.80 crazy prices!!!!

You can get good deals on BlaCK Monday too, free shipping doesn't hurt .

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I have never done the Blak Friday thing so I really want to.... I assume it is as annoying as Sommerschlussverkauf (German version of this, but it happens twice a year).... Oh well. It is a great excuse to do my own thing for a day!

Btw - several baby websites have great sales, e.g. Cottonbabies sells Bumgenius for under $12!!!

Ladies of one child, are you planning another anytime soon? I'm starting to really want to be pregnant again, but several personal factors speak against it... DH wants it... But I am worried for my nursing relationship with Jona... We are fine financially and healthwise... But I don't want to cut Jona short on anything, kwim? But then again, a little baby :D - ohhh such hard decisions!

Edited by Anna C.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
No way you would ever get me out there on Black Friday. I have a nice German meetup setup for that day, away from any mall. That's how I save money :)

good one! :lol:

@Kel: lol, you dare to go to Walmart? Boy you must be one of those really advanced black friday shoppers. Good luck with your TV but please don't trample over old ladies, on your way ok? :lol: Thanks for the tip, we have a Kohls just 10 minutes from where we live.

do you guys use coupons too on black friday? And what exactly is black monday? OMG I don't know if I can get myself out of bed this early... But i guess it really is worth it.

one more question: is it really as bad as they make it look on the news? Huge crowds? People shoving each other and fighting over stuff?

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

For my granddaughter's first birthday, we could celebrate by reversing her car baby sit so she no longer had to stare at the rear seat of the car. Far safer as the baby seat had it own straps with hooks that clipped unto the cars hooks located in the crack where the bottom seat meets the upper upright, but kind of difficult to do that as those hooks were far back. Then it had an additional third hook at the package tray, that carpeted area that collects dust under the rear window.

With the seat facing rearward, had to use that crazy shoulder belt with a clip on it.

Really don't know who makes these laws, a driver does have some control in a head on collision, but several years ago, my son was stopped at a traffic light with vehicles in front of him and was rear ended by a drunk driving 30 mph, that really crushed the rear end of his vehicle. Granddaughter wasn't born then, but that would have been nasty if she was in there at the time. You have no control in a situation like that. If she was in the rear seat, her chances of minimizing injuries would be far less if facing forward. Facing rearward, her big head even with the shoulder belts installed could have snapped her neck in an accident like that. Facing forward, her head would be resting against the seat. Wonder if these idiots think about stuff like this that make the laws.

I still don't like all those clips you have to fool with to get the kid out in a hurry, three of them, terrible to read about babies that were burned alived because their parents couldn't get them out. Minivans are the worse vehicles for this, if those large sliding doors get jammed, can't open the damned things. Just hope that never happens to my grandkids. Far better off to get a large gas guzzling SUV with a lot more meat on it. But the EPA and government don't like those things.

Timeline
For my granddaughter's first birthday, we could celebrate by reversing her car baby sit so she no longer had to stare at the rear seat of the car. Far safer as the baby seat had it own straps with hooks that clipped unto the cars hooks located in the crack where the bottom seat meets the upper upright, but kind of difficult to do that as those hooks were far back. Then it had an additional third hook at the package tray, that carpeted area that collects dust under the rear window.

With the seat facing rearward, had to use that crazy shoulder belt with a clip on it.

Really don't know who makes these laws, a driver does have some control in a head on collision, but several years ago, my son was stopped at a traffic light with vehicles in front of him and was rear ended by a drunk driving 30 mph, that really crushed the rear end of his vehicle. Granddaughter wasn't born then, but that would have been nasty if she was in there at the time. You have no control in a situation like that. If she was in the rear seat, her chances of minimizing injuries would be far less if facing forward. Facing rearward, her big head even with the shoulder belts installed could have snapped her neck in an accident like that. Facing forward, her head would be resting against the seat. Wonder if these idiots think about stuff like this that make the laws.

I still don't like all those clips you have to fool with to get the kid out in a hurry, three of them, terrible to read about babies that were burned alived because their parents couldn't get them out. Minivans are the worse vehicles for this, if those large sliding doors get jammed, can't open the damned things. Just hope that never happens to my grandkids. Far better off to get a large gas guzzling SUV with a lot more meat on it. But the EPA and government don't like those things.

FALSE. Please read the facts. It's actually recommended to keep babies in their seats rear facing up to TWO years nowadays.

http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/StayRearFacing.aspx

(good facts)

Only about 4% of accidents are from the back 96% are in a moving vehicle or frontal..which will most likely rip the head off of a babie's spine cause those muscles are still not developed enough.

Even if it is convenient for you and it seems better for the baby it scares me that people turn the carseats when baby is only 1 year old. It's too young.

Allie is now 15 months/26lbs and I still don't want to turn her around.

IMG_0760.jpg

Edited by Eveline

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Stef. It really depends where you live and how crowded your stores will be. The kohls and walmart nearest my house is a MADHOUSE, SO....I did a little research and found one on the border of illinois/indiana thats in the middle of nowhere. I went last year and literally got the first parking spot in the lot. Walmart was a little busier but nothing like I saw on TV. When I was a kid I use to beg my aunts to take me with them and I can remember waiting in lines outside target and walmart in the freezing cold for over an hour. I dont go that far.

Cyber Monday is suppose to be good this year. I will look around and see if i can get the TV for hubby that day. Carrying that bad boy around with just me and my girlfriend would be a pain in the as$.

I work tonight :( I never work Sundays..I had to work tho so I could take off friday and saturday for my birthday and shopping! Ahhh its gonna be a long day.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

a good resource i found for child restraint laws across the usa

http://www.iihs.org/laws/ChildRestraint.aspx

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

The law right now is that you can turn your child around at 1 year of age AND 20lbs BUT that doesn't meant that you HAVE to turn the seat around. It is not mandatory. There are carseats out there with a 35+ rear facing limit and your child could sit in there rear facing up to 4 years. The child doesn't know any different and turning children around at very young age is usually done for the parent's convenience. It's easier to give cookies, sippies and books that way. We turned aDam around at 15months and 30lbs which was still too young if you ask me but he had reached his seat's rear facing limit of 30lbs (Graco comfort sport) and we weren't about to buy a new one. Now, Allie's seat goes up to 35lbs so she still can gain 9lbs which will take her at least another year or even longer.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
The law right now is that you can turn your child around at 1 year of age AND 20lbs BUT that doesn't meant that you HAVE to turn the seat around. It is not mandatory. There are carseats out there with a 35+ rear facing limit and your child could sit in there rear facing up to 4 years. The child doesn't know any different and turning children around at very young age is usually done for the parent's convenience. It's easier to give cookies, sippies and books that way. We turned aDam around at 15months and 30lbs which was still too young if you ask me but he had reached his seat's rear facing limit of 30lbs (Graco comfort sport) and we weren't about to buy a new one. Now, Allie's seat goes up to 35lbs so she still can gain 9lbs which will take her at least another year or even longer.

i figure i'll turn ben forward facing when he's about 23, just to be safe.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Totally agree with Evi. Jona will stay rearfacing until he hits the weight limit for RF with the Britax Boulevard (I think it is 35 pounds). There is a website that a group started after a baby died in a car crash because he was forward facing. The force exerted on the spine when baby is ff are more dangerous than RF, it's physics. And there is no law that you have to turn around the baby....

The hooks Nick was talking about are LATCH hooks, the safest way to put a carseat into a car. Unfortunately, my old Explorer doesn't have it, but the Toyota Sienna we'll get within the next 7-8 months will have three seats with latch. Yeah :)

BTW... Evi, how cute is Allie! She's such a toddler now... Lots more hair and stuff. Really cute!

Edited by Anna C.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

Removal of conditions

Citizenship

Done!

Timeline

i figure i'll turn ben forward facing when he's about 23, just to be safe.

That is still up to you however long you wnat to wait. If he's only 45lbs by the age of 23 and his head is still within the seat then you might as well leave him rear facing until then. Just put an XBOX in the back and he'll be more than happy :lol:

Totally agree with Evi. Jona will stay rearfacing until he hits the weight limit for RF with the Britax Boulevard (I think it is 35 pounds). There is a website that a group started after a baby died in a car crash because he was forward facing. The force exerted on the spine when baby is ff are more dangerous than RF, it's physics. And there is no law that you have to turn around the baby....

The hooks Nick was talking about are LATCH hooks, the safest way to put a carseat into a car. Unfortunately, my old Explorer doesn't have it, but the Toyota Sienna we'll get within the next 7-8 months will have three seats with latch. Yeah :)

BTW... Evi, how cute is Allie! She's such a toddler now... Lots more hair and stuff. Really cute!

Ohhh..you getting yourself a MOTHERSHIP too? I love mine. There's so much room in the car now :thumbs:

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Timeline

@ Evi: yup, the motherships are awesome! We looked at many different cars, and decided for a minivan and the Sienna is hte only one that has 4WD which we really need up here. Plus the cargo space is amazing!!! I totally love that car.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

Removal of conditions

Citizenship

Done!