Eveline

*Baby Corner*

5,409 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i really like thpse pregnancy boards i've learned a lot, but some stuff scares the he! outta me. like this woman just had her baby. she was 30 weeks. no high risk pregnancy, everything normal then bang, her water breaks and she has a healthy baby. :o

can u imagine your water breaking right now out of nowhere? i'd go crazy knowing i have nothing ready yet.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I always imagined my water breaking while I was grocery shopping or something. In the end I was actually HOPING for it but it never did happen and now I'm happy about it. If my water had broken in Target (across from the hospital) I would not have been able to make it over there. I would have had Allie right there, right then.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Timeline

how long do u have from the minute your water breaks? if mine breaks i'll probably go to the health center on base, even though it's notm a hospital, they have doctors, cuz i can't drive an hour to the hospital.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline

It depends actually. When I was pregnant with Adam there was a girl who's water broke when she was 38 weeks along, she didn't feel the water breaking but was pretty sure. She went to the hospital with no pain whatsoever...24hours later, still no labor, she took some castor oil to get things going.

With Allie they popped my waters and I was complete just minutes later (30 Minutes I think). I would not have been able to stand about 2 minutes after my water broke. The contractions hit me right away.

Apparently the amniotic fluid containes plenty of prostaglandins that make your cervix all mushy, plus the weight of the baby not having that cushion of water anymore dilates the cervix. Usually, labor comes on faster after the water is broken. I have also read that in labor, the bag of water usually breaks in the very end, even though you hear a lot of stories of water breaking before labor actually starts.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Carol Anne - how cool that the U/S went well. That's awesome that you had that great interaction with the baby. I had an US on Friday and it was awesome! The tech was so cool and she took some amazing pics of the baby - I could see his face clearly and he even has my nose...it is rather distinct and sloping...kinda like a rounded version of Bob Hope's. :lol: He opened his eyes and was looking around. All in all, it was great to just kind of hang with him for a little while where we could see everything. :wub:

That's amazing that you could recognize the facial features. And open eyes, wow! My mom told me yesterday that I didn't seem "real" to her until she saw me for the first time when I was born. She said I'm getting all these chances to see the baby, and when the baby is born, I will say, "I've known you for a long time." :) When I showed my husband the pics after the appointment yesterday, he was still sleepy and couldn't focus, but when I showed them to him last night, he was amazed by the hand. He has been hesitant to express much emotion yet because he worries, I think, but last night after seeing the pictures, he hugged me and said, "I'm falling in love with the baby." :wub: I'm so glad we live in a time where the fathers can do some bonding before birth as well.

BabyBwaves.jpg

Carol Anne, it was quite amazing actually. If I can figure out how to post some pics I will when I'm back in Tallahassee on Friday. It was so cool to see everything...I was grateful that the tech pointed everything out to us, but once I knew what I was really looking at, I saw it. Get my drift? Very cool. :thumbs:

@ Vi - our baby has been head down for over a month now...the doctor is very happy with that. :star:

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Yey for a healthy Kavi. Don't worry about the big head. Allie's head is small or at least thats what is seems like to me. She just now - at 6 months - fits hats size 0-3 months :blink: . It will all even out as they get older or maybe he just has an extra big brain for extra-smartness later on in life :lol: .

Yep! :thumbs: Or he needed just a little extra canvas for those big, beautiful eyes. Glad he had a good checkup!

Aww thanks. :) Your u/s pic is so cool!

i really like thpse pregnancy boards i've learned a lot, but some stuff scares the he! outta me. like this woman just had her baby. she was 30 weeks. no high risk pregnancy, everything normal then bang, her water breaks and she has a healthy baby. :o

can u imagine your water breaking right now out of nowhere? i'd go crazy knowing i have nothing ready yet.

I actually couldn't handle reading too much on the birth board that I was a part of month wise...I only sometimes read and posted b/c of either getting worried or getting annoyed at the people. lol. I had a small group of women I wrote with in a separate area, it was nice and cozy.

My water broke while I was in labor and I didn't know. I also had meconium in there. :( If I would have known, it would have helped!! But it was my fault. TMI:

I was sitting on the toilet all night in labor, the only place I could sit that was bearable. So it must have trickled out over a long period of time. I had lots of stuff coming out, even when they checked me twice and sent me home it was there, but my water hadn't broken. How was I supposed to tell the difference when there didn't seem to be any?

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Hubby looked scared when the doctor said that the baby is facing down already, honestly we thought that that happened at the end of the pregnancy.

Today Sofi moved like crazy, all day, non stop and she changed the schedule for her kickboxing classes, they used to be around 10 pm now it's at 12am, great! now I can't sleep and have to walk around the house rocking my belly, hahaha she is moving right now.....

I'm a member of babyfit but to be honest I don't feel as comfortable as I feel with you girls, you rock!

I'm getting tons of information on the mail, free magazines, diapers, BRU, I'm getting annoyed...

have a good night chicas!

Vi

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
how long do u have from the minute your water breaks? if mine breaks i'll probably go to the health center on base, even though it's notm a hospital, they have doctors, cuz i can't drive an hour to the hospital.

I had a Dr appt on Monday morning at 37-38 weeks and my midwife said I was closed up tight as a clam and she didnt anticipate baby coming anytime soon. 2 days later on Wednesday morning I was laying on the couch early in the morning (not sleeping well) and I was thinking it was time to get up and get my son up and off to school. as I was laying there I felt the baby make a huge move, like a lunge almost, and when I stood up fluid just gushed out. It was a trip. I called midwife, she said get to the hospital soon so I went like an hour or 2 later, after I packed my bag and got the boy off to school and stuff. TMI:

there was 'water' pouring out the whole time

. It was pretty yucky. anyway, I got to the hospital and I had not effaced or dilated at all but there was meconium in the fluid so that kinda set the clock ticking on what ended up the next day to be a C-section. I sometimes wonder if the baby herself somehow broke the water in that big move I felt because I dont know why else it would have happened when clearly my body had not set the stage yet for moving to birth. Dont know and 15 months later I guess it really doesnt matter at all :)

and then there are people like Eveline and others that the water breaking really gets things going quickly - so just like everything else you are trying to think about and foresee when you are pregnant, there really isnt anyway to know - just be prepared for any and all possibilites and try to roll with it!

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
That's amazing that you could recognize the facial features. And open eyes, wow! My mom told me yesterday that I didn't seem "real" to her until she saw me for the first time when I was born. She said I'm getting all these chances to see the baby, and when the baby is born, I will say, "I've known you for a long time." :) When I showed my husband the pics after the appointment yesterday, he was still sleepy and couldn't focus, but when I showed them to him last night, he was amazed by the hand. He has been hesitant to express much emotion yet because he worries, I think, but last night after seeing the pictures, he hugged me and said, "I'm falling in love with the baby." :wub: I'm so glad we live in a time where the fathers can do some bonding before birth as well.

BabyBwaves.jpg

OMG look at that tiny hand! :wub:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Timeline
I'm so glad we live in a time where the fathers can do some bonding before birth as well.

where some fathers....

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
I'm so glad we live in a time where the fathers can do some bonding before birth as well.

where some fathers....

yes, true.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Timeline

my baby isn't facing down yet. he's usually with his head to the right side of my body.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Nessa - I saw my ob-gyn on May 7 in the morning (I was 37 weeks). He said nothing was happening and he would see me the next week. That evening, around 8 pm, my waters broke (HUGE gush). I called the doc who said to come to the hospital to be checked. After frantically packing my bag, hubby and I got to the hospital around 9 or 9:30. They confirmed that my waters had indeed broken, but nothing else was happening. Contractions started around 1 am, but they never became regular and thus my cervix was not dilating. At 10 am on May 8, they decided they needed to induce me as my water had broken yet nothing else was progressing. So they gave me Pitocin. The contractions became regular and severe. By 5 pm, I was fully dilated and began pushing and Declan was born a couple hours later.

So, nobody has any information on genetic counseling??? :(

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Wow, its been a long time since I ventured onto Visajourney! Hubby and I have been livin in UK since June and are just about settled and enjoying life....when *BAM* I find out I'm pregnant again!! Not been to docs (go on Friday) but we think I'm about 6 weeks! Life throws many surprises at us!! Glad to see the baby corner is still thriving! Congrats Eveline on the new (ish) edition!!

Good luck to everyone, I love reading everyones stories!!

Oh yeah, my waters broke before I had any contractions (5 weeks early) and I gave birth about 13 hours later!!

Here's a pic of Hayden from a couple of months ago...he's grown since (and so has his hair!)post-15342-1234366576_thumb.jpg

09/20/05 NOA1 received
11/22/05 NOA2 received (65 days)
12/05/05 NVC received application! (say 2-4 week wait)
12/13/05 Found out forms were sent to London on 12/08/05!
12/20/05 Packet 3 received!
01/11/06 Medical - Knightsbridge London
01/18/06 Sent back packet 3!
02/15/06 Received packet 4!

02/13/06 INTERVIEW DATE 03/22/06 AT 10.30AM!! - APPROVED

Married July 29th 2006!!

08/17/2006 Filed for AOS and EAD
08/26/2006 NOA1 received for both (dated 08/24/06)
09/06/2006 RFE email.....not sure what for yet!
9/07/2006 Biometrics completed
10/13/2006 Transferred to CSC!!
11/02/2006 Approval email received!!
11/08/2006 Welcome to USA letter arrives!

11/13/2006 GREEN CARD RECEIVED - NO MISTAKES!!!!

06/06/08 Family moved back to UK!!

Husband gained UK citizenship September 2015

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family relocating back to California

06/27/2016 I-130 Spousal Visa application sent to London Embassy

07/05/2016 NOA 1

08/31/2016 NOA 2 - case transferred to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the embassy

09/13/2016 3rd Letter received with LND number

10/14/2016 Medical

10/31/2016 Embassy interview

Timeline

Nessa, there's still lots of room in your belly and your little man will eventually turn into the right position. Maybe you can help him a little bit http://www.birthingnaturally.net/birth/cha...transverse.html but I'm sure time will turn him head down. Just ask at your next appointment if your doctor cuold tell you which way baby is facing. With both my kids I could feel their heads really low almost underneath my pelvic bone, although Adam was always a little bit to the right and it was never corrected (by repositioning mom during labor). With Allie it was the same and they turned me onto my left side and when the doc came in to break my waters, she was perfectly centered.

I'm guessing that he is not running out of room yet and is still playing around.

I was looking at my Allie in my Belly clips yesterday and I cannot imagine her kicking like that anymore. The pain...ouch but it was kinda cool to know that you have life inside of you: http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x244/Ev...nt=MOV04466.flv

02/12/2009 - APPROVED