Eveline

*Baby Corner*

5,409 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Glad things went well Caybee :)

Declan had his 9 month checkup today and is doing great. He is definitely my tall skinny boy .... 30 1/2 inches (97th percentile), but only almost 19 pounds, which places him in the 20th percentile for weight. The doctor is not concerned though, as he eats a lot and is developmentally doing well. He is probably just genetically predisposed to being tall and skinny (wish I was!!!).

Tomorrow Kavi has his 1 year check up. I don't think he is going to weigh more than 23 lbs hehe. Last month he weighed 22lbs. He is also tall and thinner, which you already know. :P I wasn't a very chubby baby either and I am tall compared to the rest of my female relatives. So he could get the tallness from me or some other relatives, while a lot of the family is short too! It'll be interesting to see.

Congrats on the milestones, little guys! :)

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

yay for genetically predisposed to being tall and skinny

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Timeline

Thought I'd share my carseat search here. Any other suggestions welcomed. My friend and god mother of our twins has done tons of research for us...gotta love her :luv:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ER&v=glance

1. It has received the some of the highest safety/ease of use ratings by the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration);

2. It can be used rear facing to 35 lbs. and forward facing to 65 lbs. with the five point harness, (the same kind of shoulder straps, chest clip and crotch strap like their seats have now) which is safer than just putting them in a booster seat later on with the regular seat belt;

3. The height of the shoulder straps can be adjusted without having to unhook and rethread the straps (there is a lever on each side that you just pull out and move up and down to adjust the height);

4. The cover comes off so you can wash it and just slips off as well without having to remove straps;

5. The headrest comes off when you are still using it rear facing. This way, it's not in the way of the back of the front passenger seat. Once the babies are forward facing, you have to put the headrest back on;

6. The fabric is really nice (won't be hot in the summer) and it's really nicely padded so they will be comfy and has the little wings on the side so their hem!eads won't flop forward when they fall asleep;

7. For the price, it's as nice with even better features (IMO) than the Britax brand. Britax does make really good, safe car seats, but they are close to $300! The best price I found for this one is $178.99 on Amazon.com. It has free shipping and no sales tax. (although Amazon is whacky in the fact that I have seen the price go up and down on a near daily basis. I've seen it go from $181.20 down to $176.99!) I know it still sounds like a lot of $, but you won't need to buy them another car seat since it goes to 65 lbs. They have to be in a car seat or booster seat until they are 4'9" tall, usually until about age 8 (what the NHTSA recommends from a safety standpoint). I think at this price, it would be the same as buying a less expensive car seat now with a lower weight limit and then spending more money for a booster seat a few years from now.

8. This seat comes in a lot of different fabric color and pattern choices, even a cute girly one for Nour! (hehe...always thinking of lil Nour!)

If you read the buyer reviews on Amazon, you'll see that many people have given it great ratings. So far, this is my top pick for the babies.

So there you have it, my pick for the babies' newest car seats. What do you think?

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

What seat is it though? The link leads to nowhere.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Timeline
Yay for my boy! I just wish I was genetically predisposed too :(

me too :( i hope my boy is

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Sorry....its the The First Years True Fit Convertible Car Seat.

http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-True-Con...=tellafriend-20

Thought I'd share my carseat search here. Any other suggestions welcomed. My friend and god mother of our twins has done tons of research for us...gotta love her :luv:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ER&v=glance

1. It has received the some of the highest safety/ease of use ratings by the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration);

2. It can be used rear facing to 35 lbs. and forward facing to 65 lbs. with the five point harness, (the same kind of shoulder straps, chest clip and crotch strap like their seats have now) which is safer than just putting them in a booster seat later on with the regular seat belt;

3. The height of the shoulder straps can be adjusted without having to unhook and rethread the straps (there is a lever on each side that you just pull out and move up and down to adjust the height);

4. The cover comes off so you can wash it and just slips off as well without having to remove straps;

5. The headrest comes off when you are still using it rear facing. This way, it's not in the way of the back of the front passenger seat. Once the babies are forward facing, you have to put the headrest back on;

6. The fabric is really nice (won't be hot in the summer) and it's really nicely padded so they will be comfy and has the little wings on the side so their hem!eads won't flop forward when they fall asleep;

7. For the price, it's as nice with even better features (IMO) than the Britax brand. Britax does make really good, safe car seats, but they are close to $300! The best price I found for this one is $178.99 on Amazon.com. It has free shipping and no sales tax. (although Amazon is whacky in the fact that I have seen the price go up and down on a near daily basis. I've seen it go from $181.20 down to $176.99!) I know it still sounds like a lot of $, but you won't need to buy them another car seat since it goes to 65 lbs. They have to be in a car seat or booster seat until they are 4'9" tall, usually until about age 8 (what the NHTSA recommends from a safety standpoint). I think at this price, it would be the same as buying a less expensive car seat now with a lower weight limit and then spending more money for a booster seat a few years from now.

8. This seat comes in a lot of different fabric color and pattern choices, even a cute girly one for Nour! (hehe...always thinking of lil Nour!)

If you read the buyer reviews on Amazon, you'll see that many people have given it great ratings. So far, this is my top pick for the babies.

So there you have it, my pick for the babies' newest car seats. What do you think?

Timeline

sounds great. i'd buy the misty morning :P

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone :D

Sorry to go back to things from a few pages ago...just trying to catch up :D

Thanks for all the insight and advice regarding chiropractic/massage stuff. I go to see the doc on Wed and I am sure they aren't ready for all my questions lol

Eveline - Good to know about not freezing potatoes. I can totally see myself making that mistake.

Thanks for all the info about packing the bag and putting the carseat in the car. I know there is so many things I haven't even thought about or considered. I know I am still early and have time left but each week just creeps by quicker and quicker.

Yay for Declan turning 9 months! :dance:

Caybee - I am glad things went well for your NT scan. We are almost the same amount of weeks and I don't think my doc has me scheduled for an NT...in fact I don't even know what an NT scan is :unsure:

Nawal - Thanks for sharing the car seat info. Seems you have it well researched :thumbs:

Glad everyone is doing well and so are the babies (L)

Timeline

I've only heard good about the true fit. If I was to buy convertible seats again, I'd get a true fit.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Seems like this will be the one we go with for the twins. My son will be first he's approaching 23 pounds and looking a bit smooshed in his seat now. My daughter on the other hand is so petite...:lol: She's hardly 14lbs and had a bit more time so I may order his first and wait till the middle of the year for her seat.

Timeline

I might have to get a new convertible for Allie and leave the comfort sport with Granny :whistle:

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Timeline

i want my baby now!

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Nessa, I'm looking forward to reading the long article when I get home from work this evening.

To all, thank you for the good wishes on the NT scan. I was very pleased with the genetics counseling beforehand, and the ultrasound tech was great. I'll get the results of the blood work in a week. Unfortunately, I didn't get the NT scan itself. Based on my LMP and three previous transvaginal ultrasounds, I should be at 13 weeks and one day. But when she measured crown to rump today several times, she kept getting 14 weeks 1 day, which is outside the window for the NT scan. She said if she did it, it would likely only confuse people, so she's going to consult with the doctor about it, and we may do another test later.

The was plenty of good news, though. Baby is still growing and was moving around in there with a good heartbeat. And one of the first things she saw was baby waving at us with a wide-open hand; she said this all but ruled out Trisomy 18. She tried several times to see the abdomen, but without success (don't know what she was looking for and forgot to ask) but I saw the spine, the face, the two halves of the brain, the beating heart, several hand movements (a thumbs-up sign and putting both hands together), and legs crossed at the ankles. I'm still in awe. Wish hubby could have been there, but he works nights and didn't sleep well beforehand. But he'll be at the 18-week U/S if I have to carry him there on my back. ;)

Best wishes to all, especially those who are almost there!

That's great news caybee!! Im nervous but more excited for my NT scan this Friday. The last time I had an U/S was a few weeks at 9 weeks and it still looked like a little blob. Hopefully I get to see as much action as you did with yours!

ROC Journey:-

05.11.2012 -- mail I-751 packet

05.14.2012 -- Packet arrived @ VSC

xx.xx.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1 dated 05.15.2012

05.31.2012 -- Biometric notice date

06.27.2012 -- Biometrics Taken

01.23.2013 -- Card Production Ordered.

01.28.2013 -- 10 Year Green Card Received