Eveline

*Baby Corner*

5,409 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
awwww Happy Birthday Kavi! He is sooooo adorable!! (L)

btw: what's a "smash cake"?

If you see in the picture I posted with the big cake, the little cake next to it is called the smash cake...a cake you let the baby play with and smash it if they want to. It makes a big mess!! Kavi wasn't too into it and hardly ate a bite, and he didn't like having the cake all over his hands. :lol: It's a pain kind of, but can be a very cute thing to watch. The stores give it free with your cake order, so that the baby can have a cake to play with. Some babies smash, and some babies like Kavi wonder why they are supposed to put their hands into it. haha. (sorry was posting while Wacken answered! hehe)

Edited by Parivar CSK

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you see in the picture I posted with the big cake, the little cake next to it is called the smash cake...a cake you let the baby play with and smash it if they want to. It makes a big mess!! Kavi wasn't too into it and hardly ate a bite, and he didn't like having the cake all over his hands. :lol: It's a pain kind of, but can be a very cute thing to watch. The stores give it free with your cake order, so that the baby can have a cake to play with. Some babies smash, and some babies like Kavi wonder why they are supposed to put their hands into it. haha. (sorry was posting while Wacken answered! hehe)

Jareth wasn't terribly interested in his smash cake either. I tried to reassure him it was OK to grab it, but he really didn't want to touch it. So it really didn't get smashed.

The pics are great! I'm glad it went well for you. He's such a big boy now!!

Edited by keltic

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Adam loved his smash cake. I made one for him and although it took him a while to warm up to it, he had a great time smearing and smashing the cake.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

thanks for the explanations. You are lucky that Kavi is such a neat eater! I can already vouch for Ben that his smash cake will end up all over the house, everyones hair&clothes and I will probably scrape it off appliances long after he turns 2. :lol: He loves making messes. Hey can Kavi come over and teach Ben a thing or two about table manners and maybe crawling?

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Timeline
thanks for the explanations. You are lucky that Kavi is such a neat eater! I can already vouch for Ben that his smash cake will end up all over the house, everyones hair&clothes and I will probably scrape it off appliances long after he turns 2. :lol: He loves making messes. Hey can Kavi come over and teach Ben a thing or two about table manners and maybe crawling?

:lol:

Sure!

Though Kavi does drop food on the floor, on purpose, all the time...when he's had enough of being in his high chair. LOL. He doesn't fling it though, just drops it. :lol:

Timeline

OMG I forgot...cute pictures. Kavi looks like a big boy. Did he have a good time ripping the gifts open?

Here's Adam again, in case you forgot, haha: http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x244/Ev...am/DSC03823.jpg

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Timeline

LOL. That's exatly what will happen on Ben's birthday.

@Stina: haha, I can't get over how adorable he is. I want to steal him (I mean that in the least creepiest way)

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Timeline

Eveline, that cake pic is great :lol:

Thanks all... :blush:

I think these links will work, you can see him with the cake...this was after we made him put his hands in it...as you can see, he wasn't too happy. LOL You can hear my annoying voice!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=43...49940&hl=en

oh, here's the video of when he needed help to touch it hehe

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=61...13081&hl=en

Timeline

Poor kid....He must be the first one year old I have seen that doesn't really want cake. :lol: Next year will be messier.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Love the birthday pics, Stina!

In reference to cosleeping, my sister just sent me this link with audio:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...oryId=100176899

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hm I didn't listen to it, but I'm sure the CDC isn't happy about co-sleeping. :eyesroll: If you practice safe co-sleeping it is fine (see instructions in Dr. Sears' Baby Book). I know so many people who co-sleep and they are just fine.

Like I said, Jona sleeps mostly in his crib, but I do feed him in bed. It would be too much of a nuisance to go to another place. I fall asleep, he does in my arms, and that's fine. I can sleep that way, no big deal. When I wake up again (i like fall asleep for a couple minutes) I usually move him into his crib. When he was younger he spent entire nights in my arms, he wouldn't sleep anywhere else. Poor thing had so much painful gas back then.

@ Stina: Cute pics!

Do you have good recipes for those smash cakes? I'd like to avoid sugar and all the bad stuff in there. I know you can sweaten with stevia and apple sauce instead. Any ideas or links?

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Timeline

awww those videos are so cool. Kavi seems to be a quiet kid, but his eyes are talking up a storm. LOL, I loved his face when someone put his hand right in the cake. I asked my husband about the smash cake and he has never heard of it. Maybe it's not a NY thing? I definitely want one now.

@Anna: I have made vegan brownies with applesauce instead of butter (it sweetens too) and tofu instead of eggs. It was right after I had read the book skinny b!tch, and I made it through a whole week of being vegan. I'm not sure about the sugar, since it is already included in the common cake mixes. I would just bake one from scratch and use less. He won't be eating much of it anyways I guess and a little sweet stuff won't kill him.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Timeline

I don't mind the sugar. I rather have sugar in my food than acesulfame K or high fructose corn syrup. I always think that in moderation it is fine.

Anyway, I will be making a cake for Adam and I guess I'll make it from scratch. I usually spike everything with wheat germ and flax seed. I use applesauce not for sweetening but instead of oil. The frosting I'll be making from cream cheese and marshmallow creme. It is sooo good. I'll dye the frosting with the mainstream dyes cause I"m just too cheap to be buying a whole bottle of dye for 11 bucks when I only need a few drops for it. I'm hoping that the cake will look like this in the end. http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/lion-picture.html#c4

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

aaww Kavi looks so cute! happy birthday little man :dance:

Saludos,

Caro

Edited by JVKn'CVO

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Stina - Love the pics and vids of Kavi ... he is such a cutie.

Declan went back today for his post-surgery follow-up. The doc said he is doing fine, he just wants to see him again in 6 months. Apparently, Declan still has a little "dimple" or "bridge" at the urethra opening, although the doc said it should cause no problems. He also told me the hypospadias and chordee was pretty severe ... which I don't think I fully realized before the surgery. I'm glad it is all done with .... hopefully, no more surgeries for Declan ... 2 in a 6 month time period is enough!

Question about the cakes ... when are babies allowed to eat eggs? I can't remember what I read about avoiding eggs until a certain age.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png