The_Dude

Guilty Pleasures

161 posts in this topic

I have so many guilty pleasures :) Some that I can think of right now:

Watching Supernatural or, when it was still on, Charmed. I LOVE those shows. I also watch the Secret Life of the American Teenager and used to watch The Middleman. The plus about watching these shows is that I can bond very easily with my teenage clients!

I am usually a pizza snob .... first pizza in the U.S was in New Haven CT and is the best IMO. That said, I LOVE the cheap $1 at WalMart Totino's frozen pizza.

I love reading the Shopaholic book series. I collect books and when people first start looking at my book collection, they are so impressed that I have read Anna Karenina in Russian (one of the requirements for my bachelor's degree in Russian, not that I can speak or read much anymore). Then they look at the books next to my Russian lit. and realize it is all chick lit and they usually go .... hmm, eclectic tastes there, huh?

I love John Denver too, although, when I went to grad school in West Virginia, my friends and I would get all pizzed off because we felt John Denver was really singing more about the western part of Virginia, not so much about the actual state of West Virginia.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Watching Supernatural or, when it was still on, Charmed. I LOVE those shows. I also watch the Secret Life of the American Teenager and used to watch The Middleman. The plus about watching these shows is that I can bond very easily with my teenage clients!

I am usually a pizza snob .... first pizza in the U.S was in New Haven CT and is the best IMO. That said, I LOVE the cheap $1 at WalMart Totino's frozen pizza.

I love reading the Shopaholic book series. I collect books and when people first start looking at my book collection, they are so impressed that I have read Anna Karenina in Russian (one of the requirements for my bachelor's degree in Russian, not that I can speak or read much anymore). Then they look at the books next to my Russian lit. and realize it is all chick lit and they usually go .... hmm, eclectic tastes there, huh?

I love John Denver too, although, when I went to grad school in West Virginia, my friends and I would get all pizzed off because we felt John Denver was really singing more about the western part of Virginia, not so much about the actual state of West Virginia.

Me too! I love Sophie Kinsella. Are you looking forward to the movie next week? I am. :D

Donne moi une poptart!

Do you guys remember the Dark Crystal? Or Legend!? Legend was HILARIOUS.

for years i thought legend was my favorite movie...until i watched it as an adult for the first time in prob 10 yrs...it's not my favorite. it's my unfavorite. i learned to never rewatch something i loved as a kid. for instance, i'll never watch the neverending story again. i want to love it forever. i almost named my dog falcor. i can hear atrayu now..........

Timeline

Me too! I love Sophie Kinsella. Are you looking forward to the movie next week? I am. :D

Oh hells yes! I've read all her books, love them. I am so excited for the movie, especially because my sister is coming for a visit next weekend so I don't have to drag my poor husband to another chick flick!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Oh man.. we are SO not New Haven pizza lovers... modern Pizza.. blech..

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Gotta love Chicago style pizza. I absolutely love NYC pizza too. L.A. pizza isn't all that good. Pizza Hut is just absolutely foul. I like this small place here in Santa Monica called Sunflower. But far too often, there are places here that like to "Hippy" the pizza up. Pizza is not meant to have goat cheese, gouda, tofu, or alfalfa on it. :devil:

The music industry these days is quite sad. It's more about marketing than it is about talent. I guess I shall now refer to the previously termed "EMO" kids as "Sad Attention #######" kids.

Timeline

Gotta love Chicago style pizza. I absolutely love NYC pizza too. L.A. pizza isn't all that good. Pizza Hut is just absolutely foul. I like this small place here in Santa Monica called Sunflower. But far too often, there are places here that like to "Hippy" the pizza up. Pizza is not meant to have goat cheese, gouda, tofu, or alfalfa on it. :devil:

We don't go for Chicago style either.. Pizza Delight.. THAT's who makes a good pie :)

Edited by Emancipation

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Sprailenes - Oh hell yeah, I am excited!!! I just hope it comes to a theater nearby (I seriously live in a very small town, our movie theater only shows 2 movies at a time. We never got Bride Wars and I wanted to see that badly too).

E - Shame on you! Not liking New Haven pizza :( Actually, I really just mean any pizza in CT, although I do like Pepe's. Do you like any pizza place in CT? Hubby still prefers the cheap azz pizza he used to get somewhere in Vancouver by a skytrain station.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline

there is this pizza place not to far from us called New York Pizzeria... it serves some of the best pizza and garlic bread that I have ever tasted... and it is a good deal too.. we can get a large pizza, some garlic bread and a small pitcher of beer for around 20 bucks... :thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
That IS a good deal! Too bad it is too far away :(

too bad... :(

I am kind of glad it is a little far to go on a regular basis for us or we would eat there all the time ..lol

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
What is New Haven pizza? :unsure: And blech to pizza with tofu or alfalfa on it. That's just weird. The best pizza I've had in the US is from a place called Sbarro. I guess it's New York style.

LoL, Sbarro is like the McDonalds of the Pizza World. I do like their pizza. I love the pizza places in Brooklyn.

Filed: Timeline
What is New Haven pizza? :unsure: And blech to pizza with tofu or alfalfa on it. That's just weird. The best pizza I've had in the US is from a place called Sbarro. I guess it's New York style.

LoL, Sbarro is like the McDonalds of the Pizza World. I do like their pizza. I love the pizza places in Brooklyn.

Oh really? That's interesting. I found all the other pizzas I've had here are terrible. Maybe this is an upscale Sbarro? :lol:

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.