C_y_K

AOS approved without interview?

37 posts in this topic

hmm I was thinking of the I-130 filled out by the US citizen and in this form you need to mail a bunch of proof of the bona fide marriage. like a joint bank account, joint car insurance card, lease with both names... etc

as1cCDF0g000810MDA1MTMxbHN8MDAwOTdzfENpdmlsIHdlZGRpbmcgdG9vayBwbGFjZQ.gif

11-29-2008 civil wedding

12-19-2008 application sent to the french consulate for "publication des bans"

01-20-2009 package sent (AOS, AP, EAD, I-130)

01-21-2009 package received by USCIS

01-30-2009 checks cashed

02-03-2009 NOA1 received in the mail for I-130 and AP: I-131

02-07-2009 Biom. appointment (02/27/09) and two RFE's received in the mail

02-11-2009 Initial evidence package mailed to DHS

02-13-2009 Initial evidence package received by DHS

02-27-2009 Biometrics appt in Seattle, WA

03-30-2009 French family book and french marriage certificate received

04-02-2009 EAD card received in the mail valid on 03/23/09

04-03-2009 SSN name change & knowledge test passed at the DMV

04-11-2009 new SSN card arrived in the mail

04-20-2009 interview date letter received in the mail

06-18-2009 interview in Seattle, WA approved!

06-18-2009 card production ordered

07-06-2009 green card received in the mail!

03-23-2011 I-751 sent to CSC

03-28-2011 NOA received

05-02-2011 biometrics appointment in Seattle

06-15-2011 approved: conditions removed

06-21-2011 new green card received

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline

:goofy:

Congratulations!!

Filed Chicago LockBox 11-06-08

Filed I-4-85 / I-765

Received NOA 11-13-08

Biometrics Appt. 12-09-08 - Completed -

Jan 03 2009 Received Letter for Interview: Feb. 05 Yaaayyy!!

Jan 14 2009 Emailed by CRIS: AP I-131 Approved

Jan 15 2009 Emailed by CRIS: EAD I-765 Approved

Jan 20 2009 AP received by mail

Jan 28 2009 EAD card received by mail

Jan 30 2009 Applied for Social Security Number

Feb 05 2009 Interview! Success!

Feb 10 2009 Received Social Security Card in mail

Feb 23 2009 Received 'Approval of I485 and I130' in mail

Received Green Card in the mail!

To Everyone: Be Positive! Your GreenCard is Coming!

my impression was that a lot of k visas get excepted from the AOS interview (as long as everything on paper looks legit) because they've already been through an interview process in the home country (at the US consulate).

Exactly right. We K1s have already proven our relationships and been to an interview so that's why they transfer to CSC. We had a nice look application, but did not send any evidence of a bonafide marriage with the AOS application (other that the marriage certificate). We were transferred to CSC.

K1 visas are often approved without an interview because the couple has not been married long enough to provide much evidence. K3 visas go through the same interview, but have been married longer.

Anyway, congratulations to both approvals. :thumbs:

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

my impression was that a lot of k visas get excepted from the AOS interview (as long as everything on paper looks legit) because they've already been through an interview process in the home country (at the US consulate).

Exactly right. We K1s have already proven our relationships and been to an interview so that's why they transfer to CSC. We had a nice look application, but did not send any evidence of a bonafide marriage with the AOS application (other that the marriage certificate). We were transferred to CSC.

K1 visas are often approved without an interview because the couple has not been married long enough to provide much evidence. K3 visas go through the same interview, but have been married longer.

Anyway, congratulations to both approvals. :thumbs:

The USCIS knows they will get a second look at K-1 filers when conditions have to be removed. Those on a K-3 visa who are issued a ten year card after their second anniversary do not have to remove conditions, so I'm thinking they might be more likely to have an interview for AOS. They've already had to prove their relationship at the consulate, too, but the USCIS won't have another look at them for a long time. Do you think my reasoning is correct? I was just explaining tonight to my DIL what to expect for the rest of this process, and hope I'm not misinforming her. I'm thinking we might put some more proof of relationship in the packet than is asked for.

Thai Mom

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Congrats :dance:

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Congrats!!!!!!!! Hope Kary is doing great and adjusting to her life here. Enjoy the rest of the journey! :dance:

Congrats, si man! :)

I'm not the original poster, but my AOS package was transferred to the CSC (California Service Center), too. I simply made sure to enclose everything that was required, and I also enclosed two items: a copy of our car insurance, with both of our names on it; and a deposit slip from our bank account, also with both of our names on it. Perhaps these items (undeniable evidence of a marital relationship, to a reasonable person) are what prompted the transfer of the package to the CSC. We'll see if we can avoid an interview and simply receive our two-year green card.

Yes. Not uncommon at all to not have an interview when you are K1 :D

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Cool

We had our case transfered to CSC a few weeks ago.

We are K1's.

I hope we get to skip the interview.....

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.