alliv0828

not married, the 90 days expired

36 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Waivers are not required for being a beneficiary the second time. They are required for petitioners filing multiple petitions. Since the current "fiance petitioner" has no intention of marrying the OP, he wouldn't be filing any second petition. Without marrying the original petitioner, she has no "best bet" but to leave the US or remain illegally.

however, a beneficiary/applicant may require a "waiver" due to a previous overstay, should she ever get to a second visa application....

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Please try to control your "premature postaculations".

As opposed to your 'premature postaculation' (bolded below for your convenience)?

Both your posts contain misinformation. Since know you're "not sure", why not refrain from the errant speculation.

There is no legal way for this poster to stay unless she marries the petitioner but there is a legal path after the marriage. Unless she can successfully claim abuse, she'll remain illegal and already has sufficient overstay to be banned from future US entry for 10 years.

There is nothing in the OP that leads us to safely assume this. The OP states that they've been together now for 9 months, but that could be since they met, not since she's entered the US. Because the OP does not qualify, your assumption that she's garnered sufficient overstay for a 10 year ban is just as 'premature' a 'postaculation' as you claim Laura's posts are.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Oh good grief... :blink:

thanks, now i'm thinking of charlie brown

pzKCPEA0001.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Just think about this. If she goes to get advice from lawyers. Each will give her different info and could also be wrong.

Yes, that's very encouraging to the OP, isn't it? She's got replies indicating that she's up $hits creek and to think about legal consultation, and you come along telling her that its not necessarily a good idea to do that either....BUT you offer no better alternative either. :thumbs: Way to go!

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
:pop: Mondays tend to bring out the best in people don't they?

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

A lawyer is probably your best bet If you want to stay in USA and have the resources to pay the lawyer; if you came just to be with your fiancé and marry him and have no desire for the trouble of staying in USA, go home, I seem to see a probable defense under abused "fiancée", or being deceived by the petitioner, however you still have to answer your overstay, that is why I would suggest a lawyer, again if you want to stay, at any rate, if you want to come back, you have to have a clean record, and Slavery is over, (ie. Obama).

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

Marriage : 1985-10-12

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-22

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-08

Received DS-230 / I-864 : 2008-12-22

Packet 4 Received : 2009-01-14

Interview Date : 2009-02-19 VISA APROBADA

Visa in hand: 2009-02-21 Saturday,61 days

POE Miami 2009-02-25

SS card 2009-03-10

Green card 2009-03-16 GREEN CARD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Don't blame the messenger.

stand over by that wall and hold this

istockphoto_208958_target.jpgsniper.gif

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.