GloriaLuvsMoto2

police clearance from japan

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello to everyone!

Iam aware now that i would need to get a Police certificate from japan embassy over here, my question is.. is it possible for me to request one right now eventhough i havent recieved the packet yet from the USEM. Im not sure how long it takes for them to process this and im afraid that i would have my interview but dont have the certificate yet bec it takes sometime before they release it.. All advice will be very much appreciated. thank you in advance.

OUR TIMELINE...

129F sent --------------------- 10/10/08

129F NOA1 --------------------- 10/28/08

Approval of NOA2 -------------------- 01/14/09

NOA2 Hardcopy -------------------- 01/22/09

Recieved by NVC -------------------- 01/20/09

Left NVC -------------------- 01/22/09

Recieved by consulate ----------------- 01/25/09

Requested police clearance at JAPEM--- 01/28/09

Recieved letter from USEM ------------- 01/30/09

Medical at SLEC -------------- 02/25/09 (Good Lord pls help us pass with these journey)

Passed the my medical but my daughter was asked to have a repeat xray after 2 mos..huhuhu!

Interview at USEM (K1) --------------- 03/19/09

INTERVIEW PASSED!!!

Everyting about the future is uncertain but one thing is for sure,

God had already arranged all our tomorrows,

we just have to trust him as he leads..

http://www.glitterfy.com/]glitterfy081904187D36.gif

glitterfy092702866D36.gif

Our Daughter Cheska

glitterfy093147541D36.gif

Enough reason to be happy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Whether you can I do not know... but you should considering the length of time it could take

Police Certificates

Available. Japanese police certificates will not contain information about criminal convictions when:

The period of suspended sentence has ended;

The penalty of the crime was a fine, and the crime occurred more than five years ago;

The term of the prison sentence ended more than ten years ago; or

The conviction was vacated or the criminal was subject to a pardon or amnesty.

Persons convicted of crimes in Japan may obtain court conviction records indefinitely. The headquarters' records section of the Metropolitan or Prefectural police issues certificates which include a nationwide criminal records check.

Applicants Physically Present in Japan: Foreign nationals holding legal resident status and Japanese citizens must apply in person at the Metropolitan or Prefectural police headquarters having jurisdiction over their present place of residence in Japan. Processing time: approximately 3 weeks.

Applicants Outside of Japan: Former legal residents, former illegal aliens, and Japanese citizens, should apply at the nearest Japanese Consulate. Processing time: Two to three months.

Applicants Physically Present in Japan as Illegal Aliens: Officially, the Japanese police will not process requests for police good conduct certificates from illegal aliens while they are physically present in Japan. In some cases, however, the police will issue the appropriate police certificate, provided that the illegal alien submits to deportation proceedings and agrees to leave Japan by a date specified by Japanese Immigration.

U.S. Forces, Japan (USFJ): Criminal records of the Japanese and USFJ police are not cross-indexed. Therefore, a crime that occurred in one jurisdiction may not be reported to the police of the other jurisdiction. USFJ applicants, (civilian employees or military personnel, and family members), who are physically present in Japan under the Status of Forces Agreement, (SOFA) must show the results of a check of both Japanese and USFJ criminal records. This type of USFJ police certificate will explicitly state that Japanese as well as USFJ criminal records were both checked and give the results. Processing time: Approximately two months.

Other USFJ police agencies issue a police certificate stating that only USFJ criminal records were checked. Processing time: Approximately two weeks. Such applicants must then obtain a separate Japanese police certificate, as described above.

USFJ police certificates are unavailable to applicants outside of Japan. However, Defense Department law enforcement agencies may be able to determine if an applicant, who formerly resided in Japan under the SOFA, engaged in criminal activity.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3591.html

YMMV

Timeline

Whether you can I do not know... but you should considering the length of time it could take

Police Certificates

Applicants Outside of Japan: Former legal residents, former illegal aliens, and Japanese citizens, should apply at the nearest Japanese Consulate. Processing time: Two to three months.

thats exactly the reason y i am so stressed out right now. anyways, ill try to visit japan embassy over here this wk and give it a try if they would allow me to even without the letter from USEM yet. Anywho, thank you for that advice. it means alot to me when someone shares what they know. Again, thank you and God bless

OUR TIMELINE...

Medical at SLEC -------------- 02/25/09 (Good Lord pls help us pass with these journey)

Passed the my medical but my daughter was asked to have a repeat xray after 2 mos..huhuhu!

INTERVIEW PASSED!!!

Our Daughter Cheska

Timeline

Show them a copy of your NOA 1 and I-129F (copy of complete packet) when you request for your police clearance. It worked for us.

Edited by ShokoySirena

08-05-2008: Date I-129F Sent

08-13-2008: Date I-129F NOA1

08-18-2008: Touched

12-17-2008: Date I-129F NOA2

12-17-2008: IGOR's List #126

12-23-2008: NVC Received

12-29-2008: NVC Left

01-05-2009: Consulate Received

01-09-2009: Packet 3 Received (Requesting copy of current passport, Divorce decree, and Birth Certificate NOT late registered)

01-13-2009: Packet 3 Sent

01-29-2009: Letter requesting for additional documents (preliminary interview form, Baptismal certificate, previous passports, school records, all old/new ID cards, evidence of ongoing relationship)

02-10-2009: Additional documents sent

03-10-2009: Interview appointment letter received via E-mail

03-23-2009: Interview (Received 221g requesting another Philippines NBI clearance under married name)

04-03-2009: Sent NBI clearance along with current valid passport

[if you got your MNL case number and the NOA you can go now to USEM tell to guard the you need to get a police clearance but they need letter from USEM.. Go to Window X and tell to the lady at the window that you need a letter for your JAPAN POLICE CLEARANCE. Then you can go to Jpan Embassy and submit that letter from USEM and they will give you something and you will go for finger printing at CAMP CRAME... Thats the place that you can do your finger prints only. Then comeback again to Jpan Embassy to submit your finger prints thats it. You dont need to pay anything to Japan Embassy only the finger prints at Crame.. Not high dont worry!!

Then you will have to wait 2 to 3 months...But actually it only takes 1-1/2 months to wait. God Bless

Hope this help you...

Timeline
Show them a copy of your NOA 1 and I-129F (copy of complete packet) when you request for your police clearance. It worked for us.

Thank you so much for that for that advice, ill do that today. Godbless and Goodluck with the rest of your journey.

Edited by Inlove with Moto2

OUR TIMELINE...

INTERVIEW PASSED!!!

Our Daughter Cheska

Timeline
[if you got your MNL case number and the NOA you can go now to USEM tell to guard the you need to get a police clearance but they need letter from USEM.. Go to Window X and tell to the lady at the window that you need a letter for your JAPAN POLICE CLEARANCE. Then you can go to Jpan Embassy and submit that letter from USEM and they will give you something and you will go for finger printing at CAMP CRAME... Thats the place that you can do your finger prints only. Then comeback again to Jpan Embassy to submit your finger prints thats it. You dont need to pay anything to Japan Embassy only the finger prints at Crame.. Not high dont worry!!

Then you will have to wait 2 to 3 months...But actually it only takes 1-1/2 months to wait. God Bless

Hope this help you...

Thank you so much atleast theres one burden that will be alleviated. Godbless. And Goodluck with the rest of your journey.

OUR TIMELINE...

INTERVIEW PASSED!!!

Our Daughter Cheska

Timeline

Hope this help you...

Thank you so much!!!!! as soon as i read your advice this morning, went to USEM and followed what u told me.. and yes!! it works!! Salamat ng marami. it would take 1 1/2 month to process but atleast its moving forward na, as i wait for the packets. Again thank you. MaY the good Lord bless you always. Salamat talaga!!

OUR TIMELINE...

INTERVIEW PASSED!!!

Our Daughter Cheska

• 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi. We are also wondering about getting the police clearance (certificate) from the Japanese embassy/consulate.

Is there an expiration date on the certificate? For example, this police certificate is only valid for 6 months starting from the day you receive it from the Japanese embassy/consulate.

Or is it for indefinite use? Could someone confirm this? Thanks!

NVC Journey (Concise Version; See Timeline for Full)
2009-08-10 : Filed I-130 for CR1

2010-05-28 : Flight & POE; 1st Day as LPR
2012-04-04 : Filed to Remove Conditions

2012-10-15 : Received 10-Year Green Card
2013-06-05 : Filed N-400 for Naturalization

2014-01-14 : Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I have police certificate from Japan, and there is no expiration date on it. It should not be any if you no longer live in Japan.

Hi. We are also wondering about getting the police clearance (certificate) from the Japanese embassy/consulate.

Is there an expiration date on the certificate? For example, this police certificate is only valid for 6 months starting from the day you receive it from the Japanese embassy/consulate.

Timeline:

16-05-08 Sent I-129F to VSC

28-05-08 NOA1

18-09-08 NOA2

09-10-08 Medical

23-10-08 Interview - Approved

29-10-08 Visa received

17-11-08 POE

03-01-09 SSN card received (maiden name, changed to married name sometime after EAD received)

27-01-09 AOS documents sent

03-02-09 AOS NOA1

27-02-09 Biometrics appointment

02-04-09 Redo biometrics... aargghh!! >:(

03-04-09 Advance Parole received

10-04-09 EAD card received

01-05-09 RFE received

20-05-09 RFE response sent

25-06-09 AOS approved (CRIS e-mail notification)

07-07-09 Green Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
I have police certificate from Japan, and there is no expiration date on it. It should not be any if you no longer live in Japan.

Ahh, OK. Well, the US Embassy says "normally" it is valid for 1 year, so I wasn't sure what that meant.

Source

Thanks for clarifying! :)

NVC Journey (Concise Version; See Timeline for Full)
2009-08-10 : Filed I-130 for CR1

2010-05-28 : Flight & POE; 1st Day as LPR
2012-04-04 : Filed to Remove Conditions

2012-10-15 : Received 10-Year Green Card
2013-06-05 : Filed N-400 for Naturalization

2014-01-14 : Oath Ceremony

• 4 years later...

Trying to bump this topic up to see if anyone has new info to add. Thanks!

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.