ArubaDolphin

VERMONT K-3 Any Approvals Week 26 Jan'09

216 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

CJ-G,

Exactly! If you look at my timeline, everyone can see, I am early in the process. My husband and I have been apart since day 1 (05/2006), so, if I just knew when to aim for, I could plan accordingly. That is the infuriating part of this process. The waiting is not.

And, yes, we are customers! We have paid for a service via fees and taxes, and should be treated as such.

Sinergy,

I am not contacting the ACLU b/c I have no rights. I am contacting them because of the inequality and disparity in the current system.

We all realize that the system is very flawed. I just want to remain positive and feel like I am at least trying to bring attention to the issue. Waiting is fine, but inequality and misleading is not, whether it is intentional or not. Maybe I'm just an optimist, but I truly believe that the disparity is not intentional. It is just the result of system that needs to rework its SOP's.

As many of us experience when we tell coworkers, friends and family members, the American public is wholly unaware of how spousal/fiance immigration works. In my experience, people seem appauled that this system functions the way it does, so the more public we can make it, the more likely we will see positive change down the line. :thumbs:

K3 Interview 05/20/2009

POE Atlanta 05/26/2009

EAD NOA1 06/01/2009

EAD NOA2 08/2009

I-485 Sent 04/07/2010

I-485 NOA1 04/16/2010

Biometrics 04/28/2010 (assigned appt. date is 5/17/10, but we did an early walk-in with no problems!)

I-485 Interview 09/13/2010 (originally set for July, but had to reschedule, since we were in Europe then)

Waiting on GC to come in the mail!!!

.png

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
I am Tired, Fed up, depressed, and well not a big fan off USCIS at all

I have no choice to be in this limbo, but i have all the right in the world to ###### because others get approved first no matter what the reasons are that there cases happened to be on the pile that gets handled.

I agree with the ones jumping ahead of the line that got an Expedite approved, but that is the extent of my humanity

IF i had a choice i wouldn't be going thru this, My husband is the only one that is working

so making thins hard especially since he is the only one able to travel and has very little vacation days.

i really ran out of hope.

My mom told me to stay away off the uscis site because it will make me go insane

starting to think she's right

this is an insanity what they put us through

Do you really go to the USCIS website every day??? I never check their site anymore. So many people don't even get their approval emails, but get a hard copy only. So I don't bother with the online account, because it's also not reliable.

My husband just called me (not his usual time to call). He wanted to make sure I was okay (I sent him an SMS about my "answer" from that lady). I went through all the stages of "immigration syndrome" with him. My poor baby. As always, he patiently listened and tried to calm me down. Thank God for good husbands :wub:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Aruba
Timeline

yes i do

reason is i cannot see the email if it comes in to my husband

and current situations he doesn't really check email has really no time

so that is only thing gives me hope

since i cant really talk to uscis me not US CIT

Now I am trying to figure out the taxes to file, so he doesn't have to

250 Days since NOA1[ :blink: u][/u]

Edited by ArubaDolphin

an1cCnE0f--0410MDAwMTg3NHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8Q2l2aWwgTWFycmllZA.gifas1cCx0-M3-0410MDM3ODEwc3wzNzcyNHN8Q2h1cmNoIFdlZGRpbmc.gif

an1cCsA-M000410MzAwMjY1MGp8NDc0Mjk2bGF8U3RhcnRlZCBWaXNhIFByb2Nlc3M.gif

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

09/02 Received DS-3032&I-864 Bill

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

26/02 Mail AOS&IV Package

Stuck at NVC :-(

10/3 Medical PASSED!

11/3 AVR states IV paid (1 month after it got paid)

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

19/02 Embassy gave me apt for K-3

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

04/04/09 POE: ARUBA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
CJ-G,

Exactly! If you look at my timeline, everyone can see, I am early in the process. My husband and I have been apart since day 1 (05/2006), so, if I just knew when to aim for, I could plan accordingly. That is the infuriating part of this process. The waiting is not.

And, yes, we are customers! We have paid for a service via fees and taxes, and should be treated as such.

Sinergy,

I am not contacting the ACLU b/c I have no rights. I am contacting them because of the inequality and disparity in the current system.

We all realize that the system is very flawed. I just want to remain positive and feel like I am at least trying to bring attention to the issue. Waiting is fine, but inequality and misleading is not, whether it is intentional or not. Maybe I'm just an optimist, but I truly believe that the disparity is not intentional. It is just the result of system that needs to rework its SOP's.

As many of us experience when we tell coworkers, friends and family members, the American public is wholly unaware of how spousal/fiance immigration works. In my experience, people seem appauled that this system functions the way it does, so the more public we can make it, the more likely we will see positive change down the line. :thumbs:

I wish you luck....and please let us know what comes out of it....hope something positive :thumbs:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

still in AP,

out of power from an ice storm,wont have power for another week. :(

I'll be checking for some approvals threads on work days only for a while

I hope I see some good news next week for my fav girls..an everyone else of course! :D

Good Luck everyone!

(L)

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

So I called uscis in d.c. and they told me I had some weird code on my case so the lady told me she will call me back when she called she told me on 1/28 my case was assigned to an adjuticator! Im happy they didn't loose my papers lol and atleast its at someones desk!

Married: 1/14/2008

I-130 Timeline

4-5-08 - I-130 Sent

4-14-08 - Date On NOA1

4-17-2008 - Recieved Hard Copy

Touches: 10/2/08

Noa2 - 1/29/09

I-129f Timeline

7-16-08 - I-129f Sent to VSC

7-17-08 - VSC recieved

8-4-08 - Date on NOA1

8-7-08 - Recieved Hard Copy

1/29/09 - Noa2

Guess what...? I called to my local congress and she was not able to find any information and same message that some applications take less time to clear the security and others take long time... over all I still have to wait for my turn... even they are approval the applications, which got submitted after me... I still have to wait...

What a BS....? but good thing is that my congress lady said that email her next week also so she can email to them and find out o they wouldn't forget it... I don't know if it is a good idea or not. After all they will do whatever they want to do....?

Also she mentioned that it's better to wait at VSC b/c sometime embassy don't have any time slot available for interview and they hold up the application on VSC or CSC center... I don't know if that also is true...

:angry::whistle::dance::angry:

Timeline

Hi Everybody?

Any Approvals out there or is it at a stand still again?

an1cCnE0f--0410MDAwMTg3NHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8Q2l2aWwgTWFycmllZA.gifas1cCx0-M3-0410MDM3ODEwc3wzNzcyNHN8Q2h1cmNoIFdlZGRpbmc.gif

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

10/3 Medical PASSED!

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

Timeline

Nothing for me. Honestly? At this point, I'm thinking even with an NOA2 there will probably be nothing but delays every step of the way and it will probably take another freakin year. After Lisa got her case put into AP I totally lost all confidence in the system. Funny how they put her and her spouse into AP, but other women who are old enough to be a guy's mom (and vice versa), marrying men from "high fraud" countries...no one bats an eye! But yeah, two young, attractive, very obviously in love, people are way more suspicious. As Aruba Dolphin mentioned with country quotas...yeah, I guess people from Europe and European territories like Aruba, are just coming to the US in droves...we just don't realize it. So I guess being young, in love with someone not 10 years my junior, and with someone who hails from EU territory, then I'm really suspicious! Oh, but didn't some pitiful people who still follow every post I make, say I'm a gold digger and I marry men to hand out greencards? :lol: Yeah that argument would work except they didn't even LOOK AT my case!!!!! If they did, they would see that my husband is not a poor young boy playing on the emotions of a lonely old woman. He's not looking for a one way ticket out of poverty and oppression like some people might... :whistle:

Timeline

Narina as it is Right now

Hollands economy is better

and if he was so intrested in coming to the us, he won't suggest you to come to holland and forget the process

My Husband loves Aruba and would come here in a heart beat if it was easy to get a Job here with his qualifications

We are a little island so not much on job prospects

My family loves him and he loves them, if we find him a job he will be here and forget the process

As for me, I don't see my delay, I got granted a Student visa in the past with no problems

I also travel allot to the US without having problems with My Visa waiver program

so really

My husband is 10 years older then me on paper

as for how he acts, we both are like teenagers when we are around each other, that it makes my friends nauseous

As a matter of fact my friends pick a spot on the ceiling not to see all the PDA (the kissing etc)

Don't really worry what they tell you, you know what is true!

Hugs

Gientje

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

10/3 Medical PASSED!

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

Nothing for me. Honestly? At this point, I'm thinking even with an NOA2 there will probably be nothing but delays every step of the way and it will probably take another freakin year. After Lisa got her case put into AP I totally lost all confidence in the system. Funny how they put her and her spouse into AP, but other women who are old enough to be a guy's mom (and vice versa), marrying men from "high fraud" countries...no one bats an eye! But yeah, two young, attractive, very obviously in love, people are way more suspicious. As Aruba Dolphin mentioned with country quotas...yeah, I guess people from Europe and European territories like Aruba, are just coming to the US in droves...we just don't realize it. So I guess being young, in love with someone not 10 years my junior, and with someone who hails from EU territory, then I'm really suspicious! Oh, but didn't some pitiful people who still follow every post I make, say I'm a gold digger and I marry men to hand out greencards? :lol: Yeah that argument would work except they didn't even LOOK AT my case!!!!! If they did, they would see that my husband is not a poor young boy playing on the emotions of a lonely old woman. He's not looking for a one way ticket out of poverty and oppression like some people might... :whistle:

Here Here, I love your way of thinking. Your time will come Dearheart, it will come when your not expecting it. This is a grueling, very long , emontional process, and Im not looking forward to starting it again. But you will get thru this, and laugh at the whole thing when its done and over with.

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Timeline
Here Here, I love your way of thinking. Your time will come Dearheart, it will come when your not expecting it. This is a grueling, very long , emontional process, and Im not looking forward to starting it again. But you will get thru this, and laugh at the whole thing when its done and over with.

start it again????

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

10/3 Medical PASSED!

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

Timeline
Narina as it is Right now

Hollands economy is better

and if he was so intrested in coming to the us, he won't suggest you to come to holland and forget the process

My Husband loves Aruba and would come here in a heart beat if it was easy to get a Job here with his qualifications

We are a little island so not much on job prospects

My family loves him and he loves them, if we find him a job he will be here and forget the process

As for me, I don't see my delay, I got granted a Student visa in the past with no problems

I also travel allot to the US without having problems with My Visa waiver program

so really

My husband is 10 years older then me on paper

as for how he acts, we both are like teenagers when we are around each other, that it makes my friends nauseous

As a matter of fact my friends pick a spot on the ceiling not to see all the PDA (the kissing etc)

Don't really worry what they tell you, you know what is true!

Hugs

Gientje

I know sweetie...just making a point. Most people know my situation. The ones that keep talking about it and can't seem to get over it, are the ones who are jealous. Plain and simple!!!!!

When I was in Aruba I was told that in order to get certain jobs, not only do you have to be born in Aruba, but your parents also. Not all jobs, just some (like in tourism). I can imagine it might be a little difficult. To get permanent residency in Holland, I believe you must prove to them you are fluent in Dutch. For me, I would just go for 90 days, leave and stay someplace else a few days and then come back. I wouldn't even be bothered with the immigration process there. I have no intentions to work there either. That is why I'm thinking about going elsewhere in the EU.

Timeline

Paris heart got married and started everything but the marriage was later deemed invalid due to some technicality. So she has to remarry and start all over again.

I wish you the best of luck!!! Were you able to spend a few good days with your sweetie? You said last time you were going for business and were gonna be able to see him.

God, I loved Paris when I went!!! I've been begging my husband to take me there again, but he says he hates France and won't go :(

start it again????

First of all, I thought of doing that with moving to Paris, stay until I had to leave, go to London for a bit, then come back to Paris, but in realirty could not be done, cause, I have a great job here working with USC. And I do not speak much French, anywhooo...... America is my home, I was born here, and cant live anywhere else.

Im sorry for your pain and the ####### you have been going thru, so what if people talk, in a few days, someone new will be burning up the waves, lol.

And for start again?? My "husband "and myself filed Jan. '08 and cancelled 6 months later, due to a situation from 24 years ago, and which made my marriage not valid, anyways, all done and said with now, so we are re-marring Feb. 10th and re-filing with USCIS as soon as I return from honeymoon. Im soure this will start a few rumors, lol. Take it all with a grain of salt Dearhearts!! That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.