ArubaDolphin

VERMONT K-3 Any Approvals Week 26 Jan'09

216 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I also agree that as US citizens we should have the right to bring our spouses here in a very timely manner...After all, isn't that our God-given right regardless of whether the person we fell in love with is American or not?

Thanks to those who responded and helped me make sense of what is going on (I'm not sure I use that word as nothing makes sense lol) ...just finished breaking down earlier ...So much pain and helplessness built up inside that I can't help to let loose sometimes. I can't even get my confort hug....I was telling my husband on MSN video chat that I feel like a volcano lately, any little thing is bound to make my tears come out and even when we laugh I always laugh with a certain incomplete feeling inside and end up choking on tears right after. This is the first time in my life where laughter has caused such a weird feeling!! But it sort of helps to talk it out with others in similar situations. Hang in there and good luck to all :)

NVC Journey: Finally OVER APRIL 21, 2009!!! INTERVIEW PASSED 05/12/09; VISA IN HAND 05/20/09

03/05/09: K3 and I 130 both approved! FINALLY after 230 emotionally trying days @ VSC!!

03/06/2009 : NVC Received; 03/09/09 Case Number Assigned; 03/10/09 K3 stuck in AP

03/17/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills generated (by email @ 10:00 p.m.); 03/18/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills paid online

03/27/2009 : AOS/DS 230 package sent to NVC; 04/02/2009 : AOS & DS-230 entered into NVC system

04/14/2009 : Found out K3 was forwarded to the consulate in Leb and CR1 stuck in AP; 04/18/09: K3 delivered

04/20/09: WOOHOO CR1 already out of AP; DS 230/AOS accepted with no RFEs!! Sign in failed on NVC payment site.

04/21/09: MAGIC CASE COMPLETE @ 4:30 P.M. THANK U GOD!!!

04/27/09: Hubby passed his medical; CR1 interview assigned for June 17th By NVC; but changed to MAY 12th after emailing embassy on 05/05/09 )

an1cET10g410530MDAwMzExOGx8MDAwMDU1NGRhfEFwcHJvdmVkLyBXYWl0aW5nIDQgUmV1bmlvbiE.gif

Interview Passed 05/12/09!!! Visa in hand 05/20/09!!! POE: 05/23/09

as1cEY00g410500MDA0NDZzfDAwMDk3c3xUaWxsIDFzdCB3ZWRkaW5nIGFubml2ZXJzYXJ5.gif

REUNITED JUST IN TIME FOR MY BDAY AND WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!! PRAISE BE TO GOD!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
The more I think about the inequalities in this system, the more I am thinking this is a Civil Rights issue. As USC's, we are supposed to have equal rights. Where is the equality when geography (CSC vs. VSC disparity) and luck of the draw is determinant on the order in which a gov't application is processed?

While we are petitioning for non-USC's, we, USC's, are the ones filing and we have rights to be treated equally and fairly. I understand that this system will never be an exact queue, but disparities of more than 4 or 6 months in processing is not acceptable. If a petition is "complicated", than the applicant should at least be notified that they will be subject to a longer processing time and the reason. Those applications should then be sent to a group of specialized adjucators and not kept in the queue to hold up the rest. That would be reasonable. Instead, we are all left in limbo and castigated for making inquiries.

I am going to contact the ACLU and will keep everyone posted. It's time we make some noise.

I swear, if they told me "based on the particulars of your case, you're looking at FIVE year waiting period" I would have been totally okay with it. It's the keeping my life on hold and remaining a limbo bimbo that is driving me crazy!!!!!! If they could have given me a realistic expectation, or could tell me why they have decided to use my application as toilet paper and forget all about it...if they just EXPLAINED IN TRUTH then I would be over this. I would not be angry anymore.

However, as of now, I still hope they all drop dead. Hell, dead people can process an application faster than VSC!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Aruba
Timeline
I thought there was no set cap for immediate relatives. As a matter of fact, I'm almost positive. I read somewhere that relatives don't have to wait for a visa number to be available.

Even if that's the case. You can count on one hand how many people want to come from the Netherlands to the US. Why would they come to an economy which is worse than theirs? A dollar which is weaker than a euro? And all this BS? Now I know why my husband never wanted to come here, even before he ever met me.

I don't buy into the idea that they have reached their limit of Netherlands (or Netherlands Antilles) applicants. Aruba and I are very justified in being ticked off.

Actually we do not fall into the category of number of petitions each year

and even if we did THE NETHERLANDS (NETHERLANDS ANTILLES & ARUBA) HAVE NEVER MET THERE QUOTA ANY YEAR NOT EVEN IN THE DIVERSITY LOTTERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:protest: :protest: :ranting: :ranting: :protest: :protest: :ranting: :ranting: :protest: :protest: :ranting: :ranting: :protest: :protest: :ranting: :ranting:

I also agree that as US citizens we should have the right to bring our spouses here in a very timely manner...After all, isn't that our God-given right regardless of whether the person we fell in love with is American or not?

Thanks to those who responded and helped me make sense of what is going on (I'm not sure I use that word as nothing makes sense lol) ...just finished breaking down earlier ...So much pain and helplessness built up inside that I can't help to let loose sometimes. I can't even get my confort hug....I was telling my husband on MSN video chat that I feel like a volcano lately, any little thing is bound to make my tears come out and even when we laugh I always laugh with a certain incomplete feeling inside and end up choking on tears right after. This is the first time in my life where laughter has caused such a weird feeling!! But it sort of helps to talk it out with others in similar situations. Hang in there and good luck to all :)

I know how you feel I am at the same right now, but mine is between crying, yelling, exploding, or just numb.

My husband poor him is dealing with a very big Volcano, and he really doesn't know what mood I am in when i call him or when he calls me

I am so depressed, that well nothing helps anymore!!!!!!

an1cCnE0f--0410MDAwMTg3NHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8Q2l2aWwgTWFycmllZA.gifas1cCx0-M3-0410MDM3ODEwc3wzNzcyNHN8Q2h1cmNoIFdlZGRpbmc.gif

an1cCsA-M000410MzAwMjY1MGp8NDc0Mjk2bGF8U3RhcnRlZCBWaXNhIFByb2Nlc3M.gif

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

09/02 Received DS-3032&I-864 Bill

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

26/02 Mail AOS&IV Package

Stuck at NVC :-(

10/3 Medical PASSED!

11/3 AVR states IV paid (1 month after it got paid)

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

19/02 Embassy gave me apt for K-3

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

04/04/09 POE: ARUBA

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Volcano is a good decription. The stress of not knowing what will happen tomorrow is horrible, and can drive the best of us to volatility.

Since I sent the I-130, I feel like I have been on one constant rollercoaster. It's like a severe and permanent PMS.

I'm going to call it I.S.:

Immigration Syndrome

incubation period-

Varies but generally begins when one realizes that s/he wants to spend the rest of his/her life with a non-USC

contagious-

Only if sufferer introduces friends/relatives to other wonderful non-USC's who they might want to spend their lives with too

causes-

The complete and total nonsensical way in which USCIS handles petitions, and the inability to receive any accurate information ever.

symptoms-

frustration with USCIS

anger with USCIS

hopefulness

hopelessness

headaches

nausea

loss/gain of appetite

major financial strain

major emotional strain

loneliness

feeling like no one understands/ cares about your situation

spontaneous crying at any time of the day or night and for any reason

possible unhealthy levels of banter with your pets (see loneliness)

frequent (or downright excessive) visits to USCIS webpage & VJ

duration-

VARIES immensely and can be explained in NO logical way

cure-

NOA2

K3 Interview 05/20/2009

POE Atlanta 05/26/2009

EAD NOA1 06/01/2009

EAD NOA2 08/2009

I-485 Sent 04/07/2010

I-485 NOA1 04/16/2010

Biometrics 04/28/2010 (assigned appt. date is 5/17/10, but we did an early walk-in with no problems!)

I-485 Interview 09/13/2010 (originally set for July, but had to reschedule, since we were in Europe then)

Waiting on GC to come in the mail!!!

.png

Timeline

Volcano is a good decription. The stress of not knowing what will happen tomorrow is horrible, and can drive the best of us to volatility.

Since I sent the I-130, I feel like I have been on one constant rollercoaster. It's like a severe and permanent PMS.

I'm going to call it I.S.:

Immigration Syndrome

incubation period-

Varies but generally begins when one realizes that s/he wants to spend the rest of his/her life with a non-USC

contagious-

Only if sufferer introduces friends/relatives to other wonderful non-USC's who they might want to spend their lives with too

causes-

The complete and total nonsensical way in which USCIS handles petitions, and the inability to receive any accurate information ever.

symptoms-

frustration with USCIS

anger with USCIS

hopefulness

hopelessness

headaches

nausea

loss/gain of appetite

major financial strain

major emotional strain

loneliness

Tendency to snap at Significant other

Tendency to snap at others

angry

faced with daily question why isn't your family member here Yet?!?!!?

duration-

TEMPORARYcure-

NOA2

CURE:

REUNITED WITH PARTNER IN USA

Edited by ArubaDolphin

an1cCnE0f--0410MDAwMTg3NHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8Q2l2aWwgTWFycmllZA.gifas1cCx0-M3-0410MDM3ODEwc3wzNzcyNHN8Q2h1cmNoIFdlZGRpbmc.gif

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

10/3 Medical PASSED!

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Aruba, thx for the additions. Maybe we should get t-shirts made. If I didn't have a company car, I swear I would have some signage by now :devil:

K3 Interview 05/20/2009

POE Atlanta 05/26/2009

EAD NOA1 06/01/2009

EAD NOA2 08/2009

I-485 Sent 04/07/2010

I-485 NOA1 04/16/2010

Biometrics 04/28/2010 (assigned appt. date is 5/17/10, but we did an early walk-in with no problems!)

I-485 Interview 09/13/2010 (originally set for July, but had to reschedule, since we were in Europe then)

Waiting on GC to come in the mail!!!

.png

Timeline
Aruba, thx for the additions. Maybe we should get t-shirts made. If I didn't have a company car, I swear I would have some signage by now :devil:

YEAH WE SHOULD, THE THING IS EVERYONE AROUND YOU CAN'T GET WHY IT TAKES SO LONG

AND SOME EVEN THINK THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG THAT IS WHY YOU ARE STILL SEPARATED!

My best friend in Aruba wants to call USCIS and give them a piece of her mind, since she is one that i vent with every single day, she is fed up with it and can't imagine how i feel

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

10/3 Medical PASSED!

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

Timeline

Approvals today:

Sabr

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts

Praise Member

Report Member

post Today, 07:43 PM

Post #136

Group: Members

Filed for: CR-1/IR-1

Vermont Service Center

My Timeline

My Photos

WE GOT APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kicking.gif kicking.gif kicking.gif kicking.gif

PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On January 28, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

--------------------

8/07 Met on myspace.

5/7/08 Married in Indonesia.

6/4/08 Sent I-130

6/11/08 I-130 received by Vermont service Center.

6/11/10 Received NOA from Vermont.

12/17/08 Touched and placed on hold. (Request For Evidence)

1/12/09 mailed requested evidence 2 vermont

1/28/09 I-130 APPROVED!

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

10/3 Medical PASSED!

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
The more I think about the inequalities in this system, the more I am thinking this is a Civil Rights issue. As USC's, we are supposed to have equal rights. Where is the equality when geography (CSC vs. VSC disparity) and luck of the draw is determinant on the order in which a gov't application is processed?

While we are petitioning for non-USC's, we, USC's, are the ones filing and we have rights to be treated equally and fairly. I understand that this system will never be an exact queue, but disparities of more than 4 or 6 months in processing is not acceptable. If a petition is "complicated", than the applicant should at least be notified that they will be subject to a longer processing time and the reason. Those applications should then be sent to a group of specialized adjucators and not kept in the queue to hold up the rest. That would be reasonable. Instead, we are all left in limbo and castigated for making inquiries.

I am going to contact the ACLU and will keep everyone posted. It's time we make some noise.

But where are our rights being ignored? They have allowed you as a right to go and meet your spouse, and marry in another country. They have then given you the right to come home and petition for your non US husband/wife to come to america, and then they give you the right to have an approval, if you get denied they give you that right to appeal it. Just bc it takes time for the process, doesnt mean your civil rights have been removed...or ignored.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just stopping by to say a quick hello and check how everyone is doing....we got a ton of snow here today and the evening commute was crazy....

I am in zombie mode... :dead:

Another mid June approval today.... :clock::clock:

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Timeline

Another Approval

kerran

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts

Praise Member

Report Member

post Today, 08:53 PM

Post #1

Filed for: K-3

Vermont Service Center

Local Office: Kingston

My Timeline

My Photos

My i-130 was approved and i don't know what to do next.

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

Marriage : 2008-05-15

I-130 Sent : 2008-06-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-06-25

I-129F Sent : 2008-07-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-07-30

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

I-130 Approval : 2009-01-28

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

10/3 Medical PASSED!

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

Timeline

AND ANOTHER

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage : 2007-12-27

I-130 Sent : 2008-06-07

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-06-12

I-129F Sent : 2008-06-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-07-02

I-129F RFE(s) : 2009-01-13

RFE Reply(s) : 2009-01-14

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-01-28

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Comments : 07/15/2008 I-129F TOUCHED

01/02/2009 I-130 TOUCHED 01/05/2009 BOTH I-129F AND I-130 TOUCHED 01/06/2009 RFE NOTICED ONLINE! 01/13/2009 RECIEVED RFE MAIL 01/14/2009 RFE REPLY 01/15/2009 USPS confirmed delivery of RFE to vsc at 12:26pm / 01-28-2009 I129f approaved

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 210 days from your NOA1 date.

Your I-130 was approved in 230 days from your NOA1 date.

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

10/3 Medical PASSED!

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

Another Approval

kerran

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts

Praise Member

Report Member

post Today, 08:53 PM

Post #1

Filed for: K-3

Vermont Service Center

Local Office: Kingston

My Timeline

My Photos

My i-130 was approved and i don't know what to do next.

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Consulate : Jamaica

Marriage : 2008-05-15

I-130 Sent : 2008-06-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-06-25

I-129F Sent : 2008-07-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-07-30

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

This approval has dates that are almost exactly like mine OMG, what are the chances that my file was in the same box? HAHAHAHAHAHA I know that is reaching a bit far....Just trying to find some humor is all this mess.

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Immigration Syndrome

incubation period-

contagious-

causes-

symptoms-

frustration with USCIS

anger with USCIS

hopefulness

hopelessness

headaches

nausea

loss/gain of appetite

major financial strain

major emotional strain

loneliness

duration-

cure-

NOA2

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS EXACTLY LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

This is nothing more than an academic debate, so please do not take offense. You make very good points, and they cannot be debated. But, I think the argument is incomplete. This is the biggest problem with USCIS and their approval process:

If it's going to take 9, 10, 11 months to get an approval, fine. No one is saying that we are entitled to a 60 day approval. I will even go as far to say that, although I think the logic is strange, I accept the fact that K-1's get approved faster than K-3's. What is completely wrong about this process is that the applicant has no idea as to whether it will take 5,6,7, or 12 months to receive their approval, and the date their application is received has little to no relevance in the order in which things gets processed. Explain to me how a person who has submitted their paperwork in April and who is still waiting, while people who submitted in July and August, for the SAME visa, are approved, with no explanation as to why. OK-so some cases take more time than others, based on individual circumstances. I understand that. Fine - USCIS should be able to explain to an applicant why they are having to wait 4 additional months for the same visa that someone else got approved for in 4 fewer months. But, that does not happen. USCIS offers no information, and often times offers misinformation, in order to NOT deal with the inquiries of applicants. That defies almost every construct of basic customer service, and a private sector company who engaged in that sort of practice would be out of business in six months. But - USCIS employs that as their modus operandi.

I think any applicant, including K3, K1, whoever, would say that they could live with the wait, if they got honest and reasonably accurate information regarding the HOW and the WHY of the wait. If USCIS told me it would be a year, great, I could plan for a year, and adjust my visiting schedule and financial affiars accordingly. But, when they tell us a 6 month wait today, a 9 month wait next week, and a year wait next month, while others who get into the system after us are being approved before us, is that acceptable?

A question: If you were in line to be seated for dinner at a restaurant, and you had waited patiently 30 minutes to be the first in line, and then people who were behind you started cutting in front of you, and the hostess seated them instead of you, with no explanation as to why, would you be happy? No, you would probably go to another restaurant. But, these people don't have the choice to go to another restaurant. There's only one diner in town. If another restaurant opened, this one would go out of business, for the way they treat many of their customers. And remember: Any American Citizen who pays taxes and pays the fee for this service is a customer. Not cattle waiting to be slaughtered.

By the way, I have been approved already. A month ago.

CJ-G

But where are our rights being ignored? They have allowed you as a right to go and meet your spouse, and marry in another country. They have then given you the right to come home and petition for your non US husband/wife to come to america, and then they give you the right to have an approval, if you get denied they give you that right to appeal it. Just bc it takes time for the process, doesnt mean your civil rights have been removed...or ignored.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.