ArubaDolphin

VERMONT K-3 Any Approvals Week 26 Jan'09

216 posts in this topic

Just called.. waste of my time.

I don't understand how one person tells me one thing and the next person says they don't have any information .

This time I was transferred and I asked to speak to a supervisor. While the supervisor would not talk with me on the phone, I was told that they never have any information on expedited files. Only that if it is expedited it will just move to processing. And friday I was told it is in Processing due to the expedite. So I wish I had some clarification. Did they approve the expedite request and they are processing my file or WHAT?????? They rep did say that if I received a request for evidence, then it is safe to say that someone has been assigned to my file and it is on someones desk. The rep told me if I don't hear anythign in 30 days I can request another expedite. I can't believe he said that. But he did say I can request another one on February 6th. I will be in Costa Rica then.

The rep said I should request the expedite through the congressional office due to their inside contacts.

Also, One last bit of info.... Sonia, you are right. The rep told me not to go by the website. It is not accurate. He said it can take a week to update sometimes if at all.

Now I'm frustrated again. I was in such a good mood this morning. My positive attitude jumped out the freakin' window

I can assure you the website is not always up-to-date. I have an NOA1 of 11/04/08 for the I-129F and the website STILL says it is a nonexistent! Finally, last Friday I was given an email to contact to have the case uploaded. (It was not the first time I called about this either.)

As for the CR embassy, you are right that they USC's are generally treated very well. However, my husband, who has applied for two visas (travel and student), was treated pretty awful both times. When he applied for his student visa, the agent actually told him he had no need to take English classes b/c his American wife sh/could teach him. (P.S. These were not fluff classes to get him here faster- He applied to and was accepted to the UConn American English Language Institute for a full time course of study.)

Taking those experiences into account, I can assure you I will not send him on the K3 interview alone, and would not suggest it for you either.

I do plan on going with him to the interview. My husband has the worst memory of anyone I ever met. I am afraid he will forget his own name.

My husband was in the US for two years. When I met him he didn't speak a word of English. He speaks English very well now. He has been back in Costa Rica for about a year and a half. I am the only one who speaks English with him. I am surprised he has held on to his English as well as he has. Everyone told me he would lose it when he went back. I talk with him everyday. Sometimes 4 or 5 times a day. I make sure he doesn't lose it. I make fun of him all the time because he doesn't teach me any spanish. He won't speak spanish to me because he wants to speak English. I do understand spanish, I just can't speak ...go figure !!!

ITs good to hear from another CR wife !! Stay in touch.

Do you travel back and forth often?

Edited by esposadetucho

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hey Jen. Sorry about everything these jerks are forcing you to endure....alone.

Yeah, I am trying not to be a hater, but I was talking to one of my friends today. I told her your situation and how you still didn't get an approval notice...and how others only waited 4 months and they're done already.

Just saw a K-1 get approved after like a 1 week wait (if their dates are correct). ONE WEEK. So please, don't appologize for venting or having a bad day. Anyone that tells you otherwise is just inconsiderate. I had a very emotional week last week. I'm trying desperately to do better today and forward.

I am going to go and pray now. I will ask God to grant us all our approvals.

Narina

Narina, you are a good person !

I don't understand why they approve the K-1's faster than the K-3's. :ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting: We are already married. We already made the commitment. UGHHHHHH :girlwerewolf2xn:

I am sooooo hoping for some good news so I can cheer up my husband. He really needs it more than me.

When I see him I will probably cry. :cry::cry::cry: I always cry on the plane on the way home. This time I think I will be an emotional mess. I hate leaving him.

I'm such a big baby. :huh:

I'm going to sleep with my phone next to my head. My husband is working all night. Maybe he will call if he can find a public phone where I can call him back. Alot of public phones don't allow incoming international calls. Its very frustrating

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Oh, I hope your husband will be able to call you! Are you going to send him a new phone?

Okay, I went back and I have to admit, I misread the date on that approval. I thought they wrote that they got their NOA1 on 01 (January) but it was 10 (October). Still...now they're approved...and we're not! Yay! LOOOOL :lol:

When I talked to my husband today he said that if we don't get an NOA2 by the one year mark, to just scrap the whole idea. He said we'll just relocate. He knows that I don't want to stay at home and live in the Netherlands. He's willing to relocate to anywhere else in the EU, that will accept my licenses and allow me to work. I'm still taking it one step further and will begin looking at relocation options if we dont' get an NOA2 by the end of this month. I'm throwin in the towel with VSC at this point :( I give up...waving white flag!

0511-0702-0211-2545.jpg

Edited by notime4haterz

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

aww Narina,

I hope you dont have to go abroad. But, it is adventurous. If Josh spoke arabic, I would have went there MONTHS ago to live. But american/english schools are expensive and i dont think it would be fair to stick him in a daycare or school where he wouldnt know anything they were saying except "shukran,afwan,wenek and habibi" heh oh ya and "bahbek,momma" heeee

If we were fabulously rich, we would already be there and i would be writing from Irbid, telling you that im learning more arabic everyday hee hee

ok, back to reality where I have a good paying job, everything we need and want and all of the little "comforts" I am used to lol

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Girlfriends...I'm beat...exhausted and sad :cry::cry: . I seen another member with June end Noa1 get approved and then there is the rest of the gang here still waiting on approvals. How much longer!

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Aruba
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I agree with Notime4haterz, this is ridicules, someone got an approval in K-1 in a week

and yeah why does everybody get a turn it started to feel like the trashed all our applications in the trash somewhere.

I am fed up

and really want to forget all about this process

I don't know if i will hold to the one year point

I WANT AN APPROVAL, THIS IS RIDICULES!

an1cCnE0f--0410MDAwMTg3NHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8Q2l2aWwgTWFycmllZA.gifas1cCx0-M3-0410MDM3ODEwc3wzNzcyNHN8Q2h1cmNoIFdlZGRpbmc.gif

an1cCsA-M000410MzAwMjY1MGp8NDc0Mjk2bGF8U3RhcnRlZCBWaXNhIFByb2Nlc3M.gif

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

09/02 Received DS-3032&I-864 Bill

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

26/02 Mail AOS&IV Package

Stuck at NVC :-(

10/3 Medical PASSED!

11/3 AVR states IV paid (1 month after it got paid)

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

19/02 Embassy gave me apt for K-3

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

04/04/09 POE: ARUBA

My husband did call me around 10:45 last night. He said he was really busy at work. His phone card ran out before he could give me a number to call back :angry: I only got to talk for 3 minutes

I didn't even get to tell him I liove him. He felt bad because he woke me up....

My lawyer wrote me in an e-mail that he is sending me all the documents that my husband needs to sign so we can get all that out of the way while I'm there.

AND If I had my way, I would take my kids and fly to Costa Rica so I could be with my husband. The Englsih schools are very good in Costa Rica. I think my kids would benefit huge from culture shock. I was searching for jobs last night in Costa Rica just for kicks ! I could definately find a decent job there even without speaking Spanish. Most of the jobs I was looking at needed someone who was 100% fluent in Englsih. Including reading and writing. HA HA That would be me. !!! But I am the unproud owner of an EX-MONSTER. He would NEVER even let me take Julia for a visit to Costa Rica, let alone live there. And Julia is treated at Children's Hospital. I can't take her out of Philly even if there wasn't an EX-MONSTER. My heart is spilt in TWO...

I have a decent job here and we live pretty decent for what it is. Of course there is always room for improvemnet but we have what we need. I'm not at all a material girl. Reality is that I am at the mercy of IMMIGRATION to allow my husband to come here and be part of my family.

It kills me how all the illegals are here working, having babies, making money, having parties, driving nice cars ETC... and my husband is back in Costa Rica getting held up at gun point and getting robbed of the only money he has and having to wait for Immigration because we decided to do things legally. I was looking at the long term. I never thought about how bad things would be while waiting. I guess I never thought it would take this long...

TODAY has to be a better day. I'm glad the gang is all here. Its nice to know I can vent and there are people who actually understand.

I want approvals for all of us so we can move over to a NEW THREAD ! After we are all finished here we can move to FACEBOOK ! HAA HAA

EVERYONE.... Have a GOOD MORNING. Stay in touch all day .

APPROVALS APPROVALS APPROVALS !!!!

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi guys....I really don't have words to stand in front of u guys...I am feeling so bad for each one of u, not to mention for Narina, Lisa (for being stuck with AP), Jen..... I am loving my approval, and believe me, all of u just forget all ur pains once u get approved...

I believe, it is not so far...then again, Nothing can be said about VSC....The webpage still says that my case is pending inspite of the fact that I've already got my NVC case number.....

Lets just hope, keep calling sweethearts....NOA2 takes 4-5 days on an average....

Good luck...

Sonia

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
TODAY has to be a better day. I'm glad the gang is all here. Its nice to know I can vent and there are people who actually understand.

I want approvals for all of us so we can move over to a NEW THREAD ! After we are all finished here we can move to FACEBOOK ! HAA HAA

EVERYONE.... Have a GOOD MORNING. Stay in touch all day .

APPROVALS APPROVALS APPROVALS !!!!

Amen to that :)

Today isnew day...I am feeling optimistic about our approvals....hopefully this optimism will last past noon :devil:

Jen glad to know you were able to connect with hubby last night even if were for a few mins...How many more sleeps before you take off on your honeymoon? :devil:

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

HAHAHAHA not a honeymoon but maybe a bit similar !

I am leaving on Saturday morning . My flight leaves at 7:15 am. I arrive in CR at 2:15pm . His cousin is meeting me at the airport since he is working until 6pm. I'm not sure I want to take a taxi by myself now. Anyway, Jessica will be there this time. Alot of the employees at the airport know me by name. I love that !!!

I am dying to talk with him today. I know he is sleeping now because he worked all night til 6am this morning. :clock:

I am sure he will call me when he wakes up and finds a public phone where I can call him back.

UGHHH I miss him

Today is 218 days that my papers have been in process at VSC. 218 happens to be a lottery number I used to play way back when I was in High School. I feel optimistic today. Maybe 218 is lucky. I feel like I should go play the daily number. Maybe box it for a few bucks. Something needs to happen today... Approvals, Lottery winnings SOMETHING!! :girlwerewolf2xn:

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Hello darlings...I tried to sign in an post earlier but it didn't let me. Nothing new here. I just realized today is 279 days since I filed the petition.

I hope one of us, at least one, would get some good news today. Jen, I hope you get your expedite request approved.

I'll come back and check in later.

Lisa, honey, anything new yet? I can't believe of all people they are putting you two lovebirds in AP. You know my sentiments LOL I'll keep them in our PM's :lol:

Today I feel a little better. I've got some really great friends that have really helped me out of the bell jar I sometimes find myself in.

All I can say is THANK GOD FOR GOOD FRIENDS!!!!

Timeline

By the way, has anyone seen Jodie? They also filed in like February and STILL cannot get USCIS to do anything (even though they are WAY past the dates... even before they updated them). Stuff lke this that makes me scared to death for our petitions. I'm telling you...it could have fallen behind someone's desk, or into the trash can, by accident...tell me who would know? No one has any accountability!!!!

Well, for Jodie, I hope they got their approvals by now!

I had a hard time getting on today too. I was starting to wonder what happened to everyone.

Thanks Narina, But I haven't heard a thing. Maybe I'll call and say I can't get on the website.

hmmmm. Not really feeling the USCIS thing today.

Haven't heard from my husband yet. It is only 12:35 in CR. I think he may still be sleeping.

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

if you ask the congressional office to make an inquiry, at least you will find out if they have your case or not. If it is lost, the congressional inquiry will raise a red flag ( you would hope)

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.