20 posts in this topic

i am also a CR1 applicats before,but during my interview they don't asked me a CENOMAR or certificate of no marraige.........

girl just be confident don't panic ,aslong as u know ur petioner or ur husband so well they wont ask

u more proof like things u worried about.........

goodluck!!!!!!!!!

Married couples that had their interview before about mid-November did not need the marriage index because Delbros did document verification. It seems like the Manila embassy may or may not ask all applicants depending on the CO, now but I would guess they will try to standardize it in the future so that everyone needs one.

Again the confusion is probably the form being filed out at the NSO, it is the same green one that is filed out for a CENOMAR.

Knowing the Philippines it makes perfect sense that you ask for a CENOMAR because you use the same form :whistle: but if you have an interview scheduled soon just besure to get one.

the correct term to call it is Marriage Index= this is for married people to a foreign national esp USC

the correct tern to call it for beneficiary who aren't married yet is CENOMAR

somebody correct me if I'm wrong

I'm sure that's correct. CENMAR is probably slang but so is CENOMAR to some extent. I wonder what the real name is, maybe simply Certificate of No Marriage. Would that make the other CEMAR, not CENMAR?

I'm continually amazed at all the people who tell married people they need a CENOMAR. Very strange indeed.

The reason is pushbrk that if married people apply for CENOMAR they will end up getting a marriage index {CENMAR}if NSO records show they are married.

Very few peeps know of the marriage index. The word CENMAR "could" be slang!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
the correct term to call it is Marriage Index= this is for married people to a foreign national esp USC

the correct tern to call it for beneficiary who aren't married yet is CENOMAR

somebody correct me if I'm wrong

I'm sure that's correct. CENMAR is probably slang but so is CENOMAR to some extent. I wonder what the real name is, maybe simply Certificate of No Marriage. Would that make the other CEMAR, not CENMAR?

I'm continually amazed at all the people who tell married people they need a CENOMAR. Very strange indeed.

The reason is pushbrk that if married people apply for CENOMAR they will end up getting a marriage index {CENMAR}if NSO records show they are married.

Very few peeps know of the marriage index. The word CENMAR "could" be slang!

The confusion comes from telling married people to obtain a certificate from a government agency that certifies they are NOT MARRIED. If there's a certificate needed from NSO, simply call it what it is instead of what it ISN'T.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

The confusion comes from telling married people to obtain a certificate from a government agency that certifies they are NOT MARRIED. If there's a certificate needed from NSO, simply call it what it is instead of what it ISN'T.

On this board it may be confusing and seem illogical. But if you are a Filipino coming here for answers and you have not seen the same question asked about a billion times you are going to call it a CENOMAR. Then you will have lots of helpful folks correcting you and you will learn its a marriage index.

But I think its a bit much to expect this board to change what the filipino's call it in their own country.. :whistle:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hmmm better be prepare to have one, in the preliminary interview some interviewer there at USManila Embassy will ask u CENOMAR(single) or MARRIAGE INDEX ( married), in my case as K1 applicant, the guy who interviewed in the preliminary took my CENOMAR or he asked it...well, it is just depend on the interviewer, but during Consul interview, there is nothing to be panic, the questions are just about ur relationship and so and so forth...

note: in preliminary interview ( they are all filipino interviewer), they will collect or ask some documents from the applicants, they will also ask u some questions too, and in final interview (Consul, kano or kana) they will just ask u about u and ur fiance or hubby, same questions in preliminary...u should match ur answer or be honest in everything....Good luck uuu

Do cr1 applicants like myself need to bring cenomar or the interview? Isn't cenomar for singles only who plans to get married abroad? Help! I'm confused. My interview's scheduled on fen 5 & I dnt thnk I still have the time to get cenomar.

johncelestemary

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.