Victoria.Blake

The frustration continues...

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

So the frustration continues with USCIS. We mailed in my husband's AOS package on September 10, they received it on September 17. We still have had no updates or even touches on any of the 3 applications (AOS, EAD, AP).

I saw last month that you could call and put in a service request to get a decision on the EAD and AP within 45 days. So I called that customer service number, and they told me I could put in a service request in for the EAD, but the processing time for the AP had changed to 180 days. Awesome.

So we went ahead and did the service request on December 19. The rep on the phone said it never takes 45 days, so we were optimistic. Of course today is January 23 and we still haven't heard anything from them. Not even a letter stating that they had filed the request. Double awesome.

We just called and spoke to a really nice rep on the phone who said that they had mailed the notice of request of December 29 stating that they would look into our case. Well, we still haven't received that letter. I asked if she could have that letter re-sent so that we could have something in writing. Of course not, she said, because that is a computer-generated letter and she could not help. Triple awesome.

She then said that this mysterious letter of December 29 also stated that if we do not receive a decision within 60 days of that letter (what in the world happened to the 45-day rule?!), then we could call back or go into our local office. So now we have to wait until February 29 (she said Feb 29, but that does not exist - so I'm assuming we now have to wait until the first of March?!!!!??!). Quadruple awesome.

My husband has been here since June 21. It has now been 7 months and we still have no answers. He's starting to get really frustrated and we're both ready for him to get out of the house!!! Haha, just kidding. But he's going stir crazy here. And he cannot get his driver's license until he gets the EAD from what I understand, so this means he's literally stuck in the house all day.

I'm know that you all know exactly what we are going through. But it kind of makes me sad and worried that I see many people have already had their interviews and already have that so-coveted stamp in their passport. We haven't even gotten employment approval...

Does anyone have any advice for us? I'm not sure there is much we can do at this point, just keep our fingers crossed and hope that someday we will get that letter in the mail...

Robe & Tori

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Have you tried making an infopass appointment to talk to someone directly to see what's going on? It shouldn't take this long to get your AP & EAD....what does it say online when you check your status?

AOS/ROC/Citizenship Timeline

DO - Baltimore

2010/2011

Day 0 - Nov. 29: I-751(ROC) Package Sent

Day 1 - Nov. 30: I-751(ROC) Package Delivered @ VSC

Day 4 - Dec. 03: I-751(ROC) Check Cashed

Day 34 - Jan. 13-2011: I-751(ROC) Biometrics Appointment Letter for 1/31/11

Day 46 - Jan. 31-2011: I-751(ROC) Biometrics Completed

Day 138 - Jun. 09-2011: I-751(ROC) Approval Letter Received

Day 0 - Oct. 26 '11: N400 Package Sent

Day 1 - Oct. 27 '11: N400 Package Delivered @ Lewisville, TX

Day 5 - Oct. 31 '11: N400 NOA-1

Day 34 - Nov. 28 '11: Email: Placed in line for interview

Day 57 - Dec. 22 '11: Received yellow letter

Day 144 - Mar. 17 '12: Received fingerprinting letter

Day 147 - Mar. 20 '12: Biometrics completed

Day 156 - Mar. 29 '12: Email: Interview scheduled, letter in mail

Day 190 - May. 02 '12: Interview Completed, Passed, Oath same day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If you got your receipt numbers from the rep. (they should be able to give you those from their system) you will at least be able to register them on the USCIS case status online so that you can check that regularly and set it to email you if there is any new information.

It seems surprising that it took so long for them to send the notice of receipt from when your application was received but yours must have been one of those cases that slipped down the back of someone's desk *sigh*

I'm more concerned that you didn't receive the letter they sent - this makes it very important that you get those receipt numbers to put on the case status online system so that you avoid the possibility of missing your biometrics appt!

Settling into married life

Waiting on the EAD, AP, and AOS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

DEFINITELY make an infopass.

I had no bio appointment for 45 days since receipt of the applications, scheduled an infopass, and 3 days later the Bio appointment was issued. At the very least, the IO at the infopass appointment could mail MSC and get their attention on your applications. Placing a service request is a bit more than SQUARED ZERO.

11/17/08 : Application sent (I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765)

11/18/08 : Official receipt of documents stated on I-797C (Signature for receipt at USCIS was on 11/17/2008 at 10PM)

11/28/08 : NOA Received ( I-797C) for all 4 forms (forms issued on 11/26/2008)

12/18/2008: LUD on I-130, I-131, I-765

01/29/2009: Bio done

01/29, 30/2009: LUD on I485 and I765

2/10/2009: issued AP, valid 1 year for multiple entries.

2/23/2009: Got EAD card

3/8/2009: LUD on all applications. Shows approval of I131 and I765, still pending on I130, I485.

04/28/2009 at 9:30 AM: Interview. Told to wait 90 days for a resolution by mail.

05/01/2009: Card production ordered.

05/06/2009: Received approval NOAs for I130 and I485 (welcome notice, 10 years card). I130 still shows case received and pending.

06/18/2009: got the 10 years validity card. Process length: 213 days since sending the applications.

No RFE at all along the process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Thank you all so much for the advice!

Unfortunately I asked the rep on the phone if we could just make an infopass appointment at this point, and she said that was not possible. She said the local office would simply tell us the exact same thing she told us, and that if by March 1 we do not have any news, then we can make an infopass appointment.

The receipt number we got over the phone for the service request cannot be put in online for some reason. When we initially did the service request, we took the receipt number and tried to enter it online. There are too many numbers in this new receipt number. We called back immediately and the rep said that these kinds of receipt numbers cannot be entered online, and if we do not have a response within 45 days then we can call back.

This most recent time when we called, I gave that new receipt number to the rep, and she said "Yea, I don't know what that is... just give me the receipt number from your original I-765. I'm not really sure what that is all about...

When we log onto our account, it says that the I-485 was touched back in October (we had an RFE and the biometrics appt, I guess that makes sense). The I-765 and the I-131 haven't been touched since September 19, 2008.

My husband had his biometrics appointment (on October 14), we also got an RFE in October, but that is really all the news we have had.

If I can't get an infopass appointment at this point, I guess we just have to wait until March? My husband has been here since the end of June, so by the time he actually gets a job he will have been here for about a year! That's just ridiculous...

Thanks again for all of your advice!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.