Kez/JWolf

EAD STAMP FOR K1 WHO WANT TO WORK BEFORE AOS

48 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I've been reading the K-1 forum which says that an EAD stamp will no longer be valid. Where is this stated in the proposed changes?

Valid or invalid is not the issue... If you cannot comply (due to lack of qualified documentation) with the new I-9 requirements it does not matter, what do you expect the employer to do?

YMMV

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been reading the K-1 forum which says that an EAD stamp will no longer be valid. Where is this stated in the proposed changes?

Valid or invalid is not the issue... If you cannot comply (due to lack of qualified documentation) with the new I-9 requirements it does not matter, what do you expect the employer to do?

I was actually asking if anyone knew where it specifically stated something about the K-1s as I didn't see anything. I was just asking for clarification and letting everyone know that we still have a chance to comment on the new I-9 requirements. I wasn't saying anything about the employers. I expect them to follow the spirit of the law so your tone was unnecessary.

From the thread I could see that not everyone understands the exact wording.

Hope you have a better day. :)

K-1 Timeline

2009-04-14 : Visa received - WOO-HOO!!!

2009-04-29 : POE - NYC

AOS Timeline

2009-05-05 : AOS sent via USPS

2009-05-15 : All the NOA's for AOS received in mail

2009-06-04 : Biometrics date

2009-06-08 : EAD and AP approved

2009-06-15 : EAD and AP received in mail

2009-06-23 : AOS transferred to CSC

2009-07-03 : Touched

2009-08-15 : Green card production ordered

2009-08 : GREEN CARD HOLDER

ROC Timeline

2011-05-04 : ROC sent via USPS

2011-05-06 : ROC received at VSC

2011-05-24 : NOA1 received

2011-06-27 : Biometrics Appointment

What I wanted to get across with my original post is that in this economy, most of us can't afford to have our partner at home for 90+ days and I know that my partner would like to start working ASAP. Is there legal way for him to work between the time after he arrives on a K-1 and we get married and the EAD we apply for with the AOS is approved? Or, are we looking at pretty much 90 days of job hunting and him keeping me happy? :)

Thanks.

K-1 Timeline

2009-04-14 : Visa received - WOO-HOO!!!

2009-04-29 : POE - NYC

AOS Timeline

2009-05-05 : AOS sent via USPS

2009-05-15 : All the NOA's for AOS received in mail

2009-06-04 : Biometrics date

2009-06-08 : EAD and AP approved

2009-06-15 : EAD and AP received in mail

2009-06-23 : AOS transferred to CSC

2009-07-03 : Touched

2009-08-15 : Green card production ordered

2009-08 : GREEN CARD HOLDER

ROC Timeline

2011-05-04 : ROC sent via USPS

2011-05-06 : ROC received at VSC

2011-05-24 : NOA1 received

2011-06-27 : Biometrics Appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.