Lost pilgrim

How would you feel

125 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
He has been against counseling here in the US.

However, in Iran, the few times we did argue (over small stuff) his mother pulled him aside and set him straight. Nobody is here to do that now.

Is there any way that you can communicate with his mom or family about the situation? My husband's sister and brother each speak a little English so it works out well when I need to let them know things. One huge plus of MENA families (mothers especially) is their ability to get through to their sons!

My husband didn't want anything to do with counseling when he got here, but after a situation that changed his mind, he went, NOT willingly mind you. After a few sessions he said, "I didn't understand what counseling was. It's just like having another friend."

If there is any way that you could get him to understand what counseling really is (not blaming one or the other - which is what my husband thought), then maybe he'd open up to it. Also, finding a GOOD counselor is key too.

Not that he would want to, but if your husband wants to ask another MENA man about counseling, let me know. My husband would be happy to talk to him I'm sure.

"True freedom and the end of suffering is living in such a way as if you had completely chosen whatever you feel or experience at this moment. This inner alignment with Now is the end of suffering. Is suffering really necessary? Yes and no. If you had not suffered as you have, there would be no depth to you as a human being, no humility, no compassion. You would not be reading this now. Suffering cracks open the shell of ego, and then comes a point when it has served its purpose. Suffering is necessary until you realize it is unnecessary." Eckhart Tolle

usmorocco-1.jpg

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

FYI - NEW ID (could not log into my profile)

We are both not happy now. We argue a lot.

So we had a nice, calm discussion a few weeks ago when walking through the Forest. We were talking about the option of seperating. He totally unhappy with me now. And I am totally unhappy with him. I said, "in Iran I was 95% happy with you and our relationship. Sure, I had problems there. But it was adjusting the the rules and the family pressence/lack of privacy." He said, "well, I was only 50% happy with you then."

I was shocked. What would be considered our "golden time" the first months of really living together he was never really happy with me. Only partially happy. I later asked his if this was really true and he said yes.

It has really broken my heart by this. To think that he has never truely been happy with me. Only a little happy.

How would you feel if your husband said this to you?

My husband likes to keep a "false front" to his family back home and friends here. He is irate when I told his sister, my mother and a my friend about our marriage troubles.

Today I have written my sister in law to tell her I am filing for seperation in 10 days (if my husband agrees to counseling). If my husband does not agree to counseling I will file for FINAL DIVORCE. I told her that here in USA, I can get a divorce in 30 days and unlike the middle east, it is easy to get (even if the husband opposes it)

Is there any way that you can communicate with his mom or family about the situation? My husband's sister and brother each speak a little English so it works out well when I need to let them know things. One huge plus of MENA families (mothers especially) is their ability to get through to their sons!

My husband didn't want anything to do with counseling when he got here, but after a situation that changed his mind, he went, NOT willingly mind you. After a few sessions he said, "I didn't understand what counseling was. It's just like having another friend."

If there is any way that you could get him to understand what counseling really is (not blaming one or the other - which is what my husband thought), then maybe he'd open up to it. Also, finding a GOOD counselor is key too.

Not that he would want to, but if your husband wants to ask another MENA man about counseling, let me know. My husband would be happy to talk to him I'm sure.

I think the more modern and less religious Iranians would think your husband is a bit off. telling you he was only half-way happy with you in Iran says it all. Denying you healthcare insurance is just crazy. Separation, then running off to Thailand/India sounds like the perfect solution for you.

So Tina, are you going to just vacation and clear up your mind in India and Thailand for seven months? What's the next plan?

My heart goes out for you :(

I am going just to clear my mind. No work. India and Thailand are "budget friendly" (for 7 months trip, airfare, room, food, some train/bus travel - will cost about $6,000)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Tina, whatever you do decide to do, we're here to support you. We got your back! :thumbs:

:thumbs:

wantsomeofthis.gifwantsomeofthis.gifwantsomeofthis.gifwantsomeofthis.gifwantsomeofthis.gifwantsomeofthis.gifwantsomeofthis.gifwantsomeofthis.gif

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

That's right, stay strong. Things will get better eventually. (F)

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Well, my husband does not want to go to counseling. But he does not want to seperate/divorce either.

Yesterday, he asked me if I was ever going to cook again/eat again. Then cooked food (ugh!) and tried to force feed me.

I am just so filled with anger at this point. It has pushed the love out. I will more than likely still file for seperation (to protect me financially) and do the trip.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Well, my husband does not want to go to counseling. But he does not want to seperate/divorce either.

Yesterday, he asked me if I was ever going to cook again/eat again. Then cooked food (ugh!) and tried to force feed me.

I am just so filled with anger at this point. It has pushed the love out. I will more than likely still file for seperation (to protect me financially) and do the trip.

teenutty= LostPilgrim= Nutty? :unsure:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

:thumbs: The one and only!!!!

Teenutty = Lost Pilgrim = Nutty

YES!!!! I've been having major problems lately. First I deleted my old yahoo account (which contained my NUTTY user name and password). So I created a Lost Pilgrim profile. But for some reason I can not log into it (even with password recovery). I emailed Captain Ewok and it bounced back (and just today to Charles). So to keep posting to the boards, I created a THIRD profile, Teenutty.

I am sorry for all the confusion!!!! :wacko:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

When you dont know each other than how can it be love, these things take and grow with time and mutual respect..alot of is a cultural outmatch and talk.

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Timeline

ie arranged marriage and marriage in muslim world (thinking towards) esp for men is not marriage for love, its marriage for need and survival. societal as well as personal. Love in a marriage develops through time when the adjustment is done and repsect is achieved mutually and ya both grow up and stat serving and doing for each other instead of thinking of self and being hurt and Yada. To him the golden time is to come if youare the right person. keep nagging on him and he will have serious doubts. Go away together and enjoy tiem together to pamper and coddle each other sxytime. quit thinking soo much and putting hollywood ideals on romance and love. muslin marriage (or any other God based marriage) love grows, in western marriage it seems love is at the beginning and then fades. count yourself lucky instead of crying for what you though was then. Go to husband say sorry for your side of misunderstanding and how can you help him adjust and that he is doing a fine job with work and all so far. build him up instead of tearing him down Jeesh Qudah Hafiz

DEC 2004 Approved

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Timeline

his family of origin doesnt really strait him up. They give advice , ie" be think and nice she different and thinks things backwards" Telling him to be nice is not solving the problem or respecting why she upset. telling her there there and all be allright usually doesnt fly with most american women. they want anwers. Also in alot of Asian societies its respect based, they will go tell off on a son who potentially shame them .and take other persons side in consideration. b4 his. here we assume other person is against our family member and Not my son attitude.

DEC 2004 Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.