numan

Anyone get NOA2 from California in december?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

congratulations Kiwie,

may I ask how exactly your fiance was able to call the "director" of CSC and NVC? How is that possible?

thanks for staying on this thread.

Edited by numan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

google it....

and you can also search for it on here.

You find the numbers pretty easily. But as I said it didn't help any.

You can always contact the Ombudsman... do a search for that on here as well. You'll find topics from other people being in the same situation. Maybe that will help you.

I-129F Sent : 2008-06-23

Interview: 2009-02-27 APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa received: 2009-03-05

Wedding: 2009-03-21

Sent AOS: 2009-05-12

Check cashed: 2009-05-20

NOAs received: 2009-05-22

Biometrics letter: 2009-05-28

Biometrics appointment:2009-06-09

card production ordered:2009-06-19

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Well we are STILL waiting.. I've contacted my congresspersons office. The say they will look into it and get back to me but REFUSED to give me a timeframe when anything might br resolved.

I am potsing here again to bring this topic back to life and try to find out if anyone else out there is in out situation.

received NOA2 Decmber 19, 2008.

as of today 2/2/09 NVC still hasn't recieved it.

ANYONE??

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

I don't know if you two have it worse, or is it actually my fiance and I who are screw*d. Our NOA2 was dated Dec 12th, approved by CSC. NVC letter was dated Dec 18th. We've been in AP since. It's nearing 7 weeks and we're not yet out - my fiance received an email today, in response to his inquiry, saying that, of course, we're still there.

Someshit must be happening with many December NOA2s.

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

yeah there are several Dec approvals that got AP....at this point I wouldn't even mind AP if they just knew where my stinking petition was! Not sure what happened in December, they were cranking out approvals so maybe they were just making more mistakes. I keep praying and I am really hoping my petition will show up this week.

Timeline
yeah there are several Dec approvals that got AP....at this point I wouldn't even mind AP if they just knew where my stinking petition was! Not sure what happened in December, they were cranking out approvals so maybe they were just making more mistakes. I keep praying and I am really hoping my petition will show up this week.

I wouldn't recommend AP. It's basically the same as not knowing where your case is - they won't tell you anything, but the case itself won't go anywhere either.

Timeline

Today NVC finally has received AND forwarded to US Embassy in Tokyo.

I called expecting to hear the same thing (that tehy had no record of it) but was pleasantly surprised with the news.

It may or may be helpful to others to know that in my case, a caseworker at my congresswoman's (Nancy Pelosi) office was helpful in getting something done. Apparently, my file was mistakenly sent to the NRC (national records center) instead of NVC. I have seen other people say that happened to them here as well. Whether that's just an excuse or a real recurring problem for USCIS I don't know.. but they did end up FED-EXing the file to NVC this week.

Now on to the next stage for us. I hopethis post can be helpful to others in the future.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I just talked to someone at USCIS and they told me all K-1 visas go directly to the embassies assigned....has anyone else got this story yet? He assured me that the K-1's do not go to NVC......hmmmmm. He claimed to have worked there for the last several years and that is how K-1's are done. Our NOA2 was an approval on Dec 22 and am in the same boat. RexT

Timeline
I just talked to someone at USCIS and they told me all K-1 visas go directly to the embassies assigned....has anyone else got this story yet? He assured me that the K-1's do not go to NVC......hmmmmm. He claimed to have worked there for the last several years and that is how K-1's are done. Our NOA2 was an approval on Dec 22 and am in the same boat. RexT

Well, I know for sure that our K-1 spent 7 weeks (52 days, to be exact) sitting at the NVC.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

[/size]

LOST!!! We also were approved on December 19, 2008 and received our NOA2 and our approved file is nowhere to be found yet! I have contacted my congresswoman's office and they indicated they sent a request to NVC for a case update. Now after reading ur post and situation I think they should be contacting USCIS California for this. Anyone else out there from December 19???

You are not alone guys! Me too, i have the same case with you. I got approved on Dec 19 '08 too. Our lawyer just received a letter from USCIS about our inquiry of where our papers now coz accdg to NVC they haven't received our papers fr USCIS. Of course, the USCIS didn't admit their fault, they just said thank you for the inquiry and that we have to wait for 60 days for them to track where our records now. My goodness, 60 long days! that's oh so frustrating! We're trying to ask for a help from a congressman in my fiance's place to speed up their job and expedite it to NVC as soon as possible. Why don't they just track all the papers approved on 12/19/08 and automatically send them all properly to NVC coz its their fault, right? They should not wait for complaints and inquiries from the applicants before they act on it. I really need more, more and more patience for this....

szbfyt86.png

"What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguiseツ."

"All good things come to he who waits ツ."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.