numan

received NOA2 - 1 month later NVC still has no record

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

thanks for your informed (though discouraging) input.

I looked at your timeline noticed two things:

1)

NOA2: 2007-09-12

NVC Received : 2007-11-28

So basically it took 2.5 month for the NVC to receive your NOA2 and files from USCIS. I'm wondering if you have come across other who have had to wait even longer during this limbo phase. Or have you ever heard of this limbo phase eventually resulting in the NOA2 being rescinded or the case otherwise being denied due to this "limbo" status delay.

As I posted elsewhere today...I talked to NVC again today and expressed my concern to the operator over the fact that the NOA2 only has a validity period of 4 months and I was concerned about being able to complete everything overseas with the delay. She told me that as long as the USCIC or NVC still has the 129f, then the case will never expire. ?!? I don't understand how she can say that when the contrary is clearly printed on the NOA2.

(note: I also posted this in the K1 subforum as I'm couldn't tell which one was more appropriate)

USCIS says NOA2 has been sent - NVC says they haven't received anything

We recieved the NOA2 notice on Dec 19th of 2008. It's now the 19th of January and NVC still has no record.

I've talked to operators at NVC who have checked for my case number (I didn't just rely on the automated voice system) but they say they have nothing from USCIS yet. NVC suggested I call USICS.

I called USCIS and they confirmed the NOA2 and said it has been sent to NVC. The woman at USCIS said it can take 60-90 days to deliver to NVC. I said "60 days!?" and reminded her that we only have 4 month of validity for the NOA2. She put me on hold to check with her supervisor then said not to worry if it takes that long I can get extension, but that it is very unusual for that to happen. She was polite and friendly but her actual answers were not reassuring.

I searched this site looking for similar cases but have read conflicting reports and am worried but trying not to panic. I am worried it is lost somehow either in an "inbox" at NVC or an "outbox" at USCIS.

Advice please

OMG its take that long........

i got my approval last wk and after file goes to NVC

if NVC take that long its mean i have to for long

filed 129F > 7/31/08

received NOA1 > 8/4/08

recieved NOA2 > 12/19/08

....waiting

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Well we are STILL waiting.. I've contacted my congressperson's office. The say they will look into it and get back to me but REFUSED to give me a timeframe when anything might br resolved. The said that NVC definitely does not have it and the problem is with USCIS.

I am potsing here again to bring this topic back to life and try to find out if anyone else out there is in out situation or has any new insight.

received NOA2 Decmber 19, 2008.

as of today 2/2/09 NVC still hasn't recieved it.

ANYONE??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Contacting your representatives.

This is, unfortunately, an all too common occurrance with CSC. Last year we were informed it was because of what Sylvia mentioned. They filled the pallet with approved petitions before shipping them across the Country In some cases it was uscis mistake, putting the case somewhere else other than sending it off to NVC. The only way it was resolved was by constantly contacting USCIS and insisiting on an answer. Do a search here on VJ, you're bound to find loads of similar posts.

just fyi... a barcode is put on the petition upon it's arrival at uscis. Not after it's been adjuticated. They use this code to track the petitions whereabouts throughout the process. The problem is that USCIS/CSC states the case is complete and all they know is that it's not in their system anymore. NVC still has no record. There is a black hole there where many filers have not been able to get an answer. This isn't as much a problem for VSC filers because VSC is in Vermont and NVC is in New Hampshire. Not far from each other at all.

Some may think you're just wasting your breath and time but i'm of the mind that you have already waited, you have paid for a service and you should, at the very least, be able to know where your petition is and if it's held up for some reason... why.

good luck to you

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Well we are STILL waiting.. I've contacted my congressperson's office. The say they will look into it and get back to me but REFUSED to give me a timeframe when anything might br resolved. The said that NVC definitely does not have it and the problem is with USCIS.

I am potsing here again to bring this topic back to life and try to find out if anyone else out there is in out situation or has any new insight.

ANYONE??

Numan, I recieved my NOA2 on Dec.19, 2008. from the california service center. i have read your posts and seems that we are very close on the visa journey. i contacted uscis today feb209 of course 'not in there system" they say they forwarded it to the manila embassy. which i knew was a lie since i have previously learned all petitions go from uscis to NVC. so i called NVC today. " no record' lastly i paid the 18.00 to talk to the manila embassy. they asked for my case number , and of course i do not have that , just a reciept number. and they have no record. i have accepted the fact that i will just have to wait and hope the petition was not lost somewhere along the way. keep me posted to your progress, i see your dealing with japan right?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a question...

Maria and I filed by ourselves (no help by outside representation), and received NOA2 Jan 22, 2009

Friends of ours received NOA2 aprox same date, but had attorney or agency help and have already received a case number through NVC!?

Could it be because of the attorney or Agency help?

Things started to look up :( we'll keep our heads up though

Philippines1049-1.jpg

honeyandbaby.jpg

Dec. 5, 2007 - Met on Cherry Blossoms

Dec. 13, 2007 - Officially on

Jan. 7, 2008 - He proposed online and I happily gave him my YES!

April 27, 2007 - He arrived in Manila; I picked him up at the airport.

May 14, 2008 - His departure. Saddest moment so far :'(

K1 Application Timeline

Oct. 22, 08 - I-129F Sent

Oct. 24, 08 - I-129F NOA1

Jan. 09, 09 - I-129F RFE(s), Court Seal & Stamp

Jan. 20, 09 - RFE Reply(s)

Jan. 22, 09 - I-129F NOA2 Approved

Feb. 13, 09 - NVC Received

March 26, 09 - Interview Date: APPROVED!!!

May 7, 09 - Arrival (Oregon, USA)

May 16, 09 - Wedding Day (Wohooo!)

Oct. 10, 09 - Green Card Received (Yeeheeyyy!)

DSCF2810-1.jpg

Kevin and Maria

Thank you, guys, for all the advice and help and for always being there for us. Such a great community of people!

If you haven't seen our video of our visa journey, please visit HERE

Timeline

Today NVC finally has received AND forwarded to US Embassy in Tokyo.

I called expecting to hear the same thing (that tehy had no record of it) but was pleasantly surprised with the news.

It may or may be helpful to others to know that in my case, a caseworker at my congresswoman's (Nancy Pelosi) office was helpful in getting something done. Apparently, my file was mistakenly sent to the NRC (national records center) instead of NVC. I have seen other people say that happened to them here as well. Whether that's just an excuse or a real recurring problem for USCIS I don't know.. but they did end up FED-EXing the file to NVC this week.

Now on to the next stage for us. I hopethis post can be helpful to others in the future.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Wow! exactly what happened to us. We received our NOA2 and according to the USCIS, the case was forwarded to the NVCbut they never received it (it was a military expedite too). Daniel kept calling for a month and called the senator's office and went to meet them too. Nothing happened for 2 months. Till he got creative and just started calling all the numbers to the USCIS he could get. Eventually, Daniel got an adjudicating officer's extension by fluke and explained what was going on. The AO had all info about who had adjudicated our case and everything (on their system) and he realised that the case was wrongly filed and will never reach the NVC. He was kind enough to search for our case and put an expedite request and forward it to the NVC. NVC received it in 4 days or so.

I hope nothing of this sort happens to your case because the call centre will not have any idea about it and NVC ofcourse won't either coz they will not receive it. Keep calling and ask for a supervisor or an actual adjudicating officer if you can. They are the only people who might be able to help.

ANYONE??

Numan, I recieved my NOA2 on Dec.19, 2008. from the california service center. i have read your posts and seems that we are very close on the visa journey. i contacted uscis today feb209 of course 'not in there system" they say they forwarded it to the manila embassy. which i knew was a lie since i have previously learned all petitions go from uscis to NVC. so i called NVC today. " no record' lastly i paid the 18.00 to talk to the manila embassy. they asked for my case number , and of course i do not have that , just a reciept number. and they have no record. i have accepted the fact that i will just have to wait and hope the petition was not lost somewhere along the way. keep me posted to your progress, i see your dealing with japan right?

Hi NVC Fan, i have the same situation as yours. I got my NOA2 on Dec 19, 2008 too. My fiance contacted USCIS and NVC too. The USCIS Customer Service also said its not in their system anymore and they won't be able to track where our documents are. The NVC just said wait for 90 days and they will do an investigation after that. We're getting so anxious about this coz its been more than 2 mons and going on 3 mons already. Can anyone help me (or us) what to do to check where our documents are? Do I need a help of a congressman or senator? I think there's a lot out there who got their NOA2 approval on Dec 19 too.

szbfyt86.png

"What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguiseツ."

"All good things come to he who waits ツ."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
I have a question...

Maria and I filed by ourselves (no help by outside representation), and received NOA2 Jan 22, 2009

Friends of ours received NOA2 aprox same date, but had attorney or agency help and have already received a case number through NVC!?

Could it be because of the attorney or Agency help?

Things started to look up :( we'll keep our heads up though

No. Many times we find the agency/lawyer delays the case more than anything. You can get your case number by calling NVC (fyi.. k-1's are not entered into the automated system so you must talk to a human).

Corinthians... contact your reps (link above) and call anyone who will listen to you until you get an answer!

timeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.