Hilarious Clinton

Non-violence can't tackle terror: Dalai Lama

17 posts in this topic

NEW DELHI: The Dalai Lama, a lifelong champion of non-violence on Saturday candidly stated that terrorism cannot be tackled by applying the

principle of ahimsa because the minds of terrorists are closed.

"It is difficult to deal with terrorism through non-violence," the Tibetan spiritual leader said delivering the Madhavrao Scindia Memorial Lecture here.

He also termed terrorism as the worst kind of violence which is not carried by a few mad people but by those who are very brilliant and educated.

"They (terrorists) are very brilliant and educated...but a strong ill feeling is bred in them. Their minds are closed," the Dalai Lama said.

He said that the only way to tackle terrorism is through prevention. The head of the Tibetan government-in-exile left the audience stunned when he said "I love President George W Bush." He went on to add how he and the US President instantly struck a chord in their first meeting unlike politicians who take a while to develop close ties.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/N...how/3995810.cms

(guilty liberals are going to have a tough one with this..... he's not a Christian or Jew so he must be right)

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Timeline

The Dalai Lama is a human being, fallible, and certainly is not the authority on terrorism. Trust the Dalai Lama if you want to know how to do breathing exercises, otherwise someone like John Wilson would be a better authority on the subject. Personally I think that if he's so close to President Bush, then he's either completely out of touch or just a very bad judge of character. In either case I don't think his views on terrorism should be taken seriously one way or the other.

Edited by mox

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Oh come on. George Bush Jr. the human being is a likable guy but as President maybe it's his policies that weren't always likable. As for what the Dali Lama says on things he is coming from a place of spirituality and he is correct in what he says. The best approach we have that has been proven to be effective is prevention through education starting with children. Business men don't like to hear that because they're not going to make money off of selling weapons. However the ones that can build schools for impoverished communities over there are doing the real counter-terrorism work. The roots are deep and long between nations in these regions currently. The young minds & hearts of the impoverished ppl is where the battlefield is. Greg Mortenson touches this in his book "Three Cups of Tea".

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

Growing up here in the US in the 1960's and 1970's I met several of my peers that thought it was hip to proclaim that they were pacifists and jump on the perceived moral bandwagon of anti-war because it was the Vietnam era of hippies and peaceniks.

Really... how can someone be pro-war and pro-violence in civil society? Most sane people don't condone such behaviour. But let's not be naive. Human history is rife with the price paid for appeasement. It is also rife with the price paid for raw agression.

Talk is cheap though. How much are you willing to pay for your ideals and convictions? You just don't know until you have to really do it. And most here in the USA don't.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
Human history is rife with the price paid for appeasement.

"Appeasement." Probably the most mis-used, bogeyman phrase of the 21st century.

Considering that the 21st century is only 8 years old it doesn't have much of a track record. Go look at the 20th century if you want abundant examples of appeasement.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Human history is rife with the price paid for appeasement.

"Appeasement." Probably the most mis-used, bogeyman phrase of the 21st century.

Considering that the 21st century is only 8 years old it doesn't have much of a track record. Go look at the 20th century if you want abundant examples of appeasement.

:thumbs: What was thinking when he wrote that? :rofl:

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: Timeline

The point is that appeasement is not a synonym for surrender or cowardice. The original meaning has been spun and mangled such that it's bandied around now as a way of accusing your opponent of capitulation to the enemy (as in the original post I quoted), when in fact that's not what it means at all. I'm not taking a stand one way or the other on the policy (it has its uses like any other policy tactic), but please at the very least use the term correctly.

I wonder what the Dalai Lama's opinion is about people who view our complex world in black-and-white terms of "aggression" and "appeasement".

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Trust the Dalai Lama if you want to know how to do breathing exercises, otherwise someone like JohnMark Wilson would be a better authority on the subject.

Well thank you.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I wonder what the Dalai Lama's opinion is about people who view our complex world in black-and-white terms of "aggression" and "appeasement".

I hear he's too nice to call dumbazzes out on their own draconian view of the world.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

He truly is "too nice".

My good friend's mom has met him a few times. She has reported that he is quite playful and extremely easy going.

From all that I have read and all that I have heard him speak, he does not want to meddle in/with people's complicated minds.

He shrugs his shoulders when asked about why does so and so behave such and such a way.

He has many beautiful and loving things to say, and like all spiritual leaders just wants keeps telling us all to wake up and smell the love.

We are all connected, and so what one does affects another.

Is anyone paying attention?

We sure are!

The tipping point (critical mass) is coming.

:star:

Perhaps someone who has chosen to use their intelligence to do evil did not open his heart to others...meaning he has chosen to dominate rather than live with or create more of inclusivity. (I like to make up words.)

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

f##k the Dalai Lama

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835