SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part12)

5,606 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
mornin all. what kinda job is portland interviewing for today? yes me know mi fass

Hey JW, I was suppose to have an interview for a Compensation position but we got 2 inches of snow and in NC that's serious stuff, so I had to reschedule.

I was busting on one of my outside counsel today - He's in Raleigh, and when I called him, his vm said they were closed because of inclement weather - We were hysterical - we had about 10 inches over the weekend, he has TWO!

pORTLANd..sorry I hate anticipation...

but Sus,,i'm crackin up over here..2 whole inches huh...LMAO !!

Yeah Kimmy, we don't have the equipment like you guys up north so they can clean alot of the streets and we had rain last night and temp fell so they said there is some ice condition...

:rofl::rofl::rofl: my my my...(seriously I hope ur safe)

Hey its like the worst they have seen in almost 10 years, kids are mad happy normally if it snow the temp is warm enough so it melts right away, so their snowman is normally a mixture of dirt and the little snow, but they actually have enough today to make a real snowman!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
mornin all. what kinda job is portland interviewing for today? yes me know mi fass

Hey JW, I was suppose to have an interview for a Compensation position but we got 2 inches of snow and in NC that's serious stuff, so I had to reschedule.

thanks for responding. i got so far three interview offers that i had to postpone until i get my drivers licience{SP} the company is looking to base someone in my area. it seems it's hard to fine a qualified person to apply for the job.

Timeline

Hey Quana thanks for your help, the mister was able to go to the ss office and get his number. So that's good! they said he should have the card in about two weeks!! yipppeeee!

thanks for responding. i got so far three interview offers that i had to postpone until i get my drivers licience{SP} the company is looking to base someone in my area. it seems it's hard to fine a qualified person to apply for the job.

Well I hope you get it soon...

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~11-21-08 - Interview!

married on ~2-27-09-

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yeah Kimmy, we don't have the equipment like you guys up north so they can clean alot of the streets and we had rain last night and temp fell so they said there is some ice condition...

I hope no one has a fire or needs an ambulance!!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I hope no one has a fire or needs an ambulance!!

hehehe..I wante to take the girls out yesterday...and I thought and thought about it..and was like ooo heck nahh i gotta clean all this mess after

Jake..what positions are u looking at?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Lovesponge, I can only speak of myself. i was in no way judging her. She started a couple of threads and I mentioned a couple of serious things to her. We can all sit here and act like we're these "without issues" individuals but we all know we are not. Where I'm coming from is the simple fact that she had no clue Jamaican is not a language, come on lets be real. mi know mi chat nuff, but sometimes some ppl need fi get things put in their faces to bring light to what they did see.

Kimmy I keep looking on the pics and see your oldest daughter in 2006 and then in 2007 and she looks like she is two or more years older than the first pic. Correct me if I am wrong?? :wacko:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Lovesponge, I am going to put my neck out on this one, this individual is talking about marrying someone, she is not talking about just dating. From all of her posts she seems to be a little naive, about her SO and his culture. zzzzzif you'll had read her post correctly, it wasn't I or anyone else laughing at her, she was also laughing at ger self.

Now you tell me if your daughter came to you and said mommy, I am marrying someone from 3000 miles away, but I don't even know anything about his culture. As a parent tell me the honest to GOD truth what would you be saying to your daughter. Those who are in denial of her situation, are the ones who are hurting her the most. We all want to sugar coat everything as if it's all good, but when she comes back on VJ and declared that he used her for a GC, after he has gotten here and left her, then we want to offer her advise about should have, would have could have.

Well, I'm going stick my neck out and be dam.... BeautifulBaby, please take your time in filing for your SO, there is so much you needs to know before hand, and it seems like you don't undefrstand much about him or his culture. His culture will play a big part in your relationship. Yeah, the sex may have been good, but marriage is a Hell lot more than sex.

Roxcie

Amen sis. Could not have said it better :thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Ok, so watching the inauguration they pray before the ceremonies got started during the inauguration after the inauguration and before lunch... so why is their no prayers in public school, When its at center of our nation? Just wondering....

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~11-21-08 - Interview!

married on ~2-27-09-

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

Thanks Claire,

Yahoo has some great pictures on its site that was taken of Malia and Sasha Obama today . I'm a big Sasha fan...just love her to death.

Ok, so watching the inauguration they pray before the ceremonies got started during the inauguration after the inauguration and before lunch... so why is their no prayers in public school, When its at center of our nation? Just wondering....

PortAngel, since our public schools are made up of children of many dominations, the courts have rule , that we can not force any religion upon those who donot believe in your GOD. Since school is a control environment, children would have no choice but to accept what you are saying, as learning. Our government until today have always been control by the masses of old belief, therefore they have continuewd things in old traditions. Therefore, as an adult you can choose whether you choose to participate in any prayer. This is the short verus.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning/Afternoon Yardies!

Well, I'm feeling anticipation, anxiety and relief all together today. Anticipation (and hope) that Obama will be able to make some much needed changes in our country, anxiety in realizing he has more to deal with than one person can realistically handle and a lot of expectations placed upon him, and RELIEF that the devil incarnate is OUT of office!! :dance::dance:

My work had it on projection in the cafeteria so everyone could come watch. I was trying to watch MSNBC but it was just hanging so I ran down in time to catch his speech after being sworn in. Too bad I had a raging headache but I was still glad to catch it as it happened.

Alright, now that I FINALLY caught up here....

BB You really have to surround yourself with this man. Try to spend as much time with him as possible. Spend time with his family and friends, see if he acts different around them. Get to know his surroundings, how he lives his day to day life. Get to know him inside and out just like any other person you meet that you are considering spending you life with. If you have children have them spend time together and see if they have a bond. The only negative thing is that the time in JA is limited and you are in Paradise so you cant really expect it to be the same when he gets here. Jamaican men are good actors, they can play any role so I guess you just have to use your intuition and the advise of the Yardie thread :thumbs: to see if its real.

This is all true and yet the thing is, even if you think it's real, you never really know. A lot of times (as it is in my case too) these relationships are really a huge leap of faith. Of course, any relationship, whether it's long distance or local, is a leap of faith and there is always the chance it could fail. As long as a person goes in knowing that, I think it means they are clear enough about the potential outcomes to hopefully not be so shocked if things don't go the way one hoped for.

absolutely agree with everything u say..mt friends often ask me..how u go in and out of ur accent..as soon as mi find out ur a Yardie..a pure patois come outt a mi mouth and den back to stoosh with those that don't understand :) whe nmi reach a yaad u know wah come pick me up a airport? any dyam vehicle available..mi cousin come fi mi once inna him bread van..and sure nuff a me dat ova di causeway inna di front with mi aunty a head a mi yaad...mi bruk mi bruk...yuh feel mi..

:lol: I love it! This trip might end up being a lot like the trip Sus just had since my honey recently got an older Toyota that has been needing a lot of work. I'll deal with it though if it means not having to rent a car and spending the $$.

i remember when i was growing up and our neighbour came back from the states it used to be puzzling to me why they are talking differently or like we would call it twang just being there for 2 mths. it used to offend me that all of a sudden they feel better than or they act better than the people they used to play with. it's sad but true that people leave their home because of the perception they have and sometimes when they go and return they act like our way of live is beneath them. sometimes i had to remind them that you are jamaican first and a wanna be american second so check yourself and be real.

i agree jawi that some tourist do perpetuate the stereotype that ""america no problem"" money grows on trees and jobs are easy to get.

LOL...too funny jakes about the twanging. My ex-husband refused to be accused of twanging...so I had to learn patwah very quickly. I don't speak it...too self conscious...but I understand when it is spoken.

tourist and Jamaicans living abroad perpetuate the "farrin no problem" and money grows on trees. I am quick to say that I don't have it like that...bills are kicking my butt...and I need to find a cheap box lunch. I stayed AI once on my first trip. I don't waste my $$ like that anymore because I'm not a drinker and I was always missing the time slots for eating. I have done route taxis but I am stoosh enough to spend my $$ on hiring a private taxi. LOL

I wish it wasn't perpetuated because when those of us who can't roll like that come along and start talking about how we need to watch the money or we don't have it when they try to 'beg ya 5 bills', they don't believe you and just think you're being stingy. We'll also have to talk about not falling into the trap of playing the big man when visiting home from farrin' so we can squash that whole myth!

bread van a luxury fi mi cause if mi a get free ride even pon donkey fi go home mi a tek it. so long as it have breaks dat the mad driver nuh kill me

:rofl::rofl:

Jake...a waan VW vanpure nize go alldi way a Braeton...woiieeee...

mi can't tek the nize mi wi pass and tek taxi

You kill me Jake's! :lol:

mi nuh want people tink sey mi a run duppy wid all dat nize cause only when u a run duppy car fi mek dem nize dey

Translation please??

What's a duppy car? :blink::blush:

I would do that my first time in another country. But, I'm really at home in Jamaica. I also have a lot of friends that like to come and see me...so I don't like them being restricted from visiting me like they are beneath me because they make a living as a fisherman or maid or cook. The classism in Jamaica is really bad. I hate it.

Me too! I know it won't change any time soon but I've experienced it first hand going places with my guy and his cousins (and even with Granny at Milk River Bath). I was so mad at the restaurant 'host' at Milk River Bath after how he treated Granny....acting like she just came in to have a sandwich and tea and not going to pay. Once I let him know to put her food on my bill he said, "oh, I was getting ready to ask her if she was going to pay"....the way he said it just pissed me off. We left the next morning before breakfast and refused to eat there after we were treated even worse than Grandma the night before at dinner. I left a nice tip in both rooms for the housekeeper and didn't leave that guy a dime the night before. In the morning he changed his tune talking sweetly to me about "are you having breakfast this morning miss?" and I just abruptly said, "NO".

And that was only one incident of several I've experienced. :ranting:

Timeline

Part Dos:

ells what's going on? 1luv you doing ok? wakey you watching the inauguration?

Hi Jake's! Just catching up after coming back from watching the inauguration. How are you today?

You were smart. I have been trying to watch it pon the net from the office but the rass stream keeps kicking me out. I should've went to the bar next door cuz I heard alot of cheering down there. I'm gonna see of I can download his speech into some type of podcast so I can listen to the whole thing on the plane tomorrow.

I know, I had the same problem on-line...finally just went down to our cafeteria to watch....

Hey IW...you all packed and ready to go tomorrow?

Pretty much. Just gotta finish my last couple things tonight and I'm done. I have been doing mega laundry for the last 3 days so I don't have to come home to any full hampers.

A just called me spitting bullets. He took most of his first paycheck of his real-offical job he started on the 5th and went to buy me "something special". Well it is apparently some homemade - he checked the guy at his shop on Saturday but he said he didn't do it the way he wanted so he told him fix it right. That was the last time he talked to him. He called him on Sunday and couldn't get him. He left work a little early yesterday and no man - saw one of his workers who said he can't get him either and he didn't go to shop at all yesterday. A goes again today and there is 7 other people at the shop looking for this man. One guy paid him over $60k ja for whatever this guy does (A still won't tell me). They are all hopping mad thinking this guy has stolen their money and busted out of town!!!

No good deed goes unpunished........

There might be some serious 'yardie justice' (is that what it's called??) for that kinda behavior. Last trip, this guy was accused and caught for stealing from several people and I wasn't there but my guy said he watched the man get a beatdown from the neighbors. Then, the police ransacked his house and took a lot of his belongings or something like that. Once the police were done, it was open season for everyone else. Over the course of a few days, we'd drive by going down the road and his place went from being a house to nothing but boards on the ground. That house was reduced to nothing and one day I saw one of the neighbors working on dismantling some piece of the house. It was crazy! I've never seen justice like that before!

Is everyone in slow mode today

I think everyone is catching up with all the chat after this mornings festivities.....

Timeline

Hi Quana!

no problem portland.. glad i could help, i hate slackness of our agency sometimes..

mi still play ketch up.. hi to everyone i didn't speak to earlier..

I know what you mean, I work for the State of California and see a lot of 'inefficiency' in our services! Never mind people like me playing on VJ all day..... :innocent::whistle:

Timeline
Hi Quana!

no problem portland.. glad i could help, i hate slackness of our agency sometimes..

mi still play ketch up.. hi to everyone i didn't speak to earlier..

I know what you mean, I work for the State of California and see a lot of 'inefficiency' in our services! Never mind people like me playing on VJ all day..... :innocent::whistle:

:whistle::whistle: ahhh.. u remind mi of my slack self!!! :rofl::rofl:

hey ells.. ok, how long was lady d gone for.. i can't wait to hear about her trip..

mr rg called me this afternoon han sing "i just called, to say, I love u" I had just talked to him this morning so I thought something was wrong.. MY BABY...halways mek me skin mi teeth LOL.. I know i didn't say that one right :hehe::rofl::rofl:

i wasn't able to catch as much of the inauguration as I wished i had.. hopefully they will have playbacks this evening..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.