SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part12)

5,606 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
jawi what have you decided to do about your friend situation. again i might have been harsh but some people never recognize the damage they are doing to another until the friend is there no more and then they realize the value of the friendship

I'm going to pray about it first. I feel that the friendship has run its course...and I need to surround myself with people that love me like I love them. A has gotten upset with me a number of times because he has seen how much she has hurt me...Jonesie too for that matter. She (the friend) always manages to find a way back in because I have such a forgiving spirit.

Good choice Jawi. And some friendships are not meant to last forever. I have ended many this past year. And feel much happier :star:

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i remember when i was growing up and our neighbour came back from the states it used to be puzzling to me why they are talking differently or like we would call it twang just being there for 2 mths. it used to offend me that all of a sudden they feel better than or they act better than the people they used to play with. it's sad but true that people leave their home because of the perception they have and sometimes when they go and return they act like our way of live is beneath them. sometimes i had to remind them that you are jamaican first and a wanna be american second so check yourself and be real.

i agree jawi that some tourist do perpetuate the stereotype that ""america no problem"" money grows on trees and jobs are easy to get.

Timeline
i remember when i was growing up and our neighbour came back from the states it used to be puzzling to me why they are talking differently or like we would call it twang just being there for 2 mths. it used to offend me that all of a sudden they feel better than or they act better than the people they used to play with. it's sad but true that people leave their home because of the perception they have and sometimes when they go and return they act like our way of live is beneath them. sometimes i had to remind them that you are jamaican first and a wanna be american second so check yourself and be real.

i agree jawi that some tourist do perpetuate the stereotype that ""america no problem"" money grows on trees and jobs are easy to get.

absolutely agree with everything u say..mt friends often ask me..how u go in and out of ur accent..as soon as mi find out ur a Yardie..a pure patois come outt a mi mouth and den back to stoosh with those that don't understand :) whe nmi reach a yaad u know wah come pick me up a airport? any dyam vehicle available..mi cousin come fi mi once inna him bread van..and sure nuff a me dat ova di causeway inna di front with mi aunty a head a mi yaad...mi bruk mi bruk...yuh feel mi..

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LOL...too funny jakes about the twanging. My ex-husband refused to be accused of twanging...so I had to learn patwah very quickly. I don't speak it...too self conscious...but I understand when it is spoken.

tourist and Jamaicans living abroad perpetuate the "farrin no problem" and money grows on trees. I am quick to say that I don't have it like that...bills are kicking my butt...and I need to find a cheap box lunch. I stayed AI once on my first trip. I don't waste my $$ like that anymore because I'm not a drinker and I was always missing the time slots for eating. I have done route taxis but I am stoosh enough to spend my $$ on hiring a private taxi. LOL

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline

absolutely agree with everything u say..mt friends often ask me..how u go in and out of ur accent..as soon as mi find out ur a Yardie..a pure patois come outt a mi mouth and den back to stoosh with those that don't understand :) whe nmi reach a yaad u know wah come pick me up a airport? any dyam vehicle available..mi cousin come fi mi once inna him bread van..and sure nuff a me dat ova di causeway inna di front with mi aunty a head a mi yaad...mi bruk mi bruk...yuh feel mi..

I was rolling when you asked me if I could understand what you say then went into beer patwah. Like you never remember the first time we chat yuh nuh twang de whole of we conversation. LMAO.

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Timeline

bread van a luxury fi mi cause if mi a get free ride even pon donkey fi go home mi a tek it. so long as it have breaks dat the mad driver nuh kill me

Timeline

I was rolling when you asked me if I could understand what you say then went into beer patwah. Like you never remember the first time we chat yuh nuh twang de whole of we conversation. LMAO.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: done know

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

LOL...too funny jakes about the twanging. My ex-husband refused to be accused of twanging...so I had to learn patwah very quickly. I don't speak it...too self conscious...but I understand when it is spoken.

tourist and Jamaicans living abroad perpetuate the "farrin no problem" and money grows on trees. I am quick to say that I don't have it like that...bills are kicking my butt...and I need to find a cheap box lunch. I stayed AI once on my first trip. I don't waste my $$ like that anymore because I'm not a drinker and I was always missing the time slots for eating. I have done route taxis but I am stoosh enough to spend my $$ on hiring a private taxi. LOL

it's good to understand especially when u inna dem crowd you wi know if people a chat u. just smile and wave but at least u know

Timeline

it's good to understand especially when u inna dem crowd you wi know if people a chat u. just smile and wave but at least u know

I'm too nosey not to know what people are saying around me. I love to stay silent until they say something rude and I get back with them. Shuts them up every time. LOL Funny thing is that when I went to Negril with A...all the Jamaicans there thought I was from town. I will talk to A in patwah because he won't laugh and because we DJ songs together all the time. LOL So they would hear me say something to him, and I guess assumed my accent was because I was from town. He told me to stop saying No when they asked and he would cover for me. He was so proud...walking around with his chest stuck out.

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Timeline
Jake...a waan VW vanpure nize go alldi way a Braeton...woiieeee...

mi can't tek the nize mi wi pass and tek taxi

hahahaa..girl...mi seh

Timeline

mi not lying mi loove all inclusive thank god hubby love it too cause we want see the food without paying for it then. besides it's nice to not have to pay everytime even thoug sometimes it works out cheaper. the trip we are taking to dominica cost $1600 + for 5 nights and p0lane fare for both of us. well it took about 2 weeks to find that but bwoy i rather spend that than constantly finding money to pay for everything. put as a single person on a trip i would do the ep plan and pay for everything cause most likely i would be out looking for friends and/or sightseeing

Edited by jakeswife

Timeline

I'm too nosey not to know what people are saying around me. I love to stay silent until they say something rude and I get back with them. Shuts them up every time. LOL Funny thing is that when I went to Negril with A...all the Jamaicans there thought I was from town. I will talk to A in patwah because he won't laugh and because we DJ songs together all the time. LOL So they would hear me say something to him, and I guess assumed my accent was because I was from town. He told me to stop saying No when they asked and he would cover for me. He was so proud...walking around with his chest stuck out.

Go A !! mi prouda a u to Jaws

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.